AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Risk your life for... (Branch off, not the same)

Senior Member ~Aisu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Aisu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Aisu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Aisu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Aisu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Aisu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Aisu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Aisu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Aisu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Aisu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Aisu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Aisu~'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-13-2007 06:08 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Risk your life for... (Branch off, not the same)

Let's say that your walking down the street, and you see a young kid run out into the street and a car is coming. You know he's not going to see it, and you know he's going to get hit unless someone saves him. Would you risk getting hit by the car to save him?

Or if you see someone getting mugged, would you do something?

There are tons of different examples you can put yourself into, but they are all asking the same questions: Would you risk your life for a complete stranger?

This is basically a branch off of "Would you risk your life for a loved one?" because this came into mind while I was reading it.

People may be thinking, "Well, what if the person you might save is a horrible person?" That is true, but what if you saved them and they changed completely because they saw how someone saved them? Just answering that question that was bound to pop up.

So what would you do? Save a stranger or no? And for what reason?

The Rogue... Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-01-2009 05:05 PM
    Threads

Never...
    Why would I risk my life for someone I dont even know?
    Would you?
    ...a gift from Balance...the legend itself...

~ click the button,I dare you ~

Senior Member ~Aisu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Aisu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Aisu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Aisu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Aisu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Aisu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Aisu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Aisu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Aisu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Aisu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Aisu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Aisu~'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I seriously don't know. Tons of people I know say they would, and it's so hard to choose if I would. I guess I would just have to see if something like that really happened. Knowing me though, and how I care to much about everything ^^; I would probably end up doing something to save a stranger.

The Rogue... Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

You're too kind...
    That's good and bad...
    Good-you care about everything...
    Bad-many ppl will tend to use your kindness...

This title does nothing. Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay's Avatar
    Gil
    Lonely
    Gifts 133 - Eevee 025 - Pikachu Dice
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-08-2010 03:23 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by ~Aisu~ View Post
    Let's say that your walking down the street, and you see a young kid run out into the street and a car is coming. You know he's not going to see it, and you know he's going to get hit unless someone saves him. Would you risk getting hit by the car to save him?
    Isn't that from some anime? YuYu Hakasho I think... Why would I want to end up like Yusuke?? "What!!? I died for nothin!?"

Risking my life for strangers? No. Even if they happen to the rich, important, whatever. Why? I don't wanna end up on the news, or become a hero. Publicity doesn't suit me. But that's just me.

This signature contains nothing.

Nothing last updated:
    March Nothing, '09

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I know, I know, I've thought a ton about it. You get pushed around to much when your to kind ^^; I've seriously had moments though were I was about to snap. Ive been used before, but atleast it feels good when you actually help someone when they need it.

I think I'm so nice because I look back at my past, and I used to be so horrible to people, and I just ruined people's lives, so I decided to change.

Senior Member Kashi Girl is a name known to all Kashi Girl is a name known to all Kashi Girl is a name known to all Kashi Girl is a name known to all Kashi Girl is a name known to all Kashi Girl is a name known to all Kashi Girl's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-04-2007 12:27 AM
    Threads

To be honest I would try to save the person even though I dont know him/her,that just seems like the right thing for me to do for some reason...

[Awesome Sig And Avie Set Made By therebel,Thanks]

For I am not the one Ayame_Sohma has a reputation beyond repute Ayame_Sohma has a reputation beyond repute Ayame_Sohma has a reputation beyond repute Ayame_Sohma has a reputation beyond repute Ayame_Sohma has a reputation beyond repute Ayame_Sohma has a reputation beyond repute Ayame_Sohma has a reputation beyond repute Ayame_Sohma has a reputation beyond repute Ayame_Sohma has a reputation beyond repute Ayame_Sohma has a reputation beyond repute Ayame_Sohma has a reputation beyond repute Ayame_Sohma's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-29-2010 10:44 AM
    Threads

I would save the kid if a car was going to run it down..even if i got hit by the car

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by GaMeGoD View Post
    Isn't that from some anime? YuYu Hakasho I think... Why would I want to end up like Yusuke?? "What!!? I died for nothin!?"
    It's a good example from Yu Yu Hakusho, that's where I got it ^^;

And I agree Kashi Girl, it does seem completely like the right thing to do. I want to see how many people think the same.

LUCKY DUCK Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus's Avatar
    Gil
    Gay
    Gifts Xmas Tree Favorite Heart
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-05-2010 10:49 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 2405-1826-7239-5951

Split second decision making. *thinks* Nope. I'd stretch my arm out and let out a concerned moan, but I would just watch him get hit. Probably. I dunno. I'll let you know what I do if I am ever in a situation like this.

Back, by popular demand! Now with new avy.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Ha.
    Well, there was this guy in New York City, who saved a man from a subway train.
    The 19 year old was waiting for his train, and had a heart attack and fell down onto the tracks. An older man lept down off the ledge onto the tracks, when he saw another train coming, and held him down onto the track into the center ditch as far down as he could, for the whole train to go over. He saved a complete stranger.

Junior Member Jutsu_Jak will become famous soon enough Jutsu_Jak's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-28-2007 07:25 PM
    Threads

How can you honestly know what you'd do if you havn't been put into the situation? I don't know maybe I would... then again who knows? Although i would definitely feel guilty if i did nothing and the person got hit.

Actually bigger than you. miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil's Avatar
    Gil
    sunshine
    Gifts Ceiling Cat Violin Cds
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-02-2013 07:01 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: miniPhil

People seem to forget that its not really a choice. You either react or you dont, theres no time to think about it. Its like if you drop a glass, you either are quick enough to catch it or you freeze up and watch it fall.
    This is a Sig. It's horribly out of date.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

ya, but some people could care less about others, and they could know that person is going to hit, and just not care at all, and keep walking. So it's partially reaction, and choice.

Senior Member tobeza has much to be proud of tobeza has much to be proud of tobeza has much to be proud of tobeza has much to be proud of tobeza has much to be proud of tobeza has much to be proud of tobeza has much to be proud of tobeza has much to be proud of tobeza's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-20-2007 07:27 AM
    Threads

I would atleast try to do something to save a stranger... Maybe not sacrifice my life for him/her when I'm trying to save him/her..... Just like miniPhil said it's all about how u react.... But about the glass react... I usually try to catch it

Sig made by Riina-chan

Senior Member Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos's Avatar
    Gil
    Lonely
    Gifts Rainbow Ribbon 104 - Cubone Saxophone
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-15-2016 09:09 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Bassoonist26

As I've said earlier, I would. I don't really care for myself, anyway. It'd be best for somebody else to live on then me.

~Made by me~

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I bet that if you helped someone with such an incident like that, you wouldn't feel that way afterwards. You would feel good about yourself, thinking about how if you weren't there, they wouldn't have been helped. Don't be pessamistic ^^; spell check?

Senior Member -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman-'s Avatar
    Gil
    My Mood
    Brooding
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-07-2011 04:41 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Well, if it was a little kid, yes...Every time. Why?
    Unlike an adult, a small child is niave, not very bright to the world, and most have no fear or concept of death.
    So this child is about to be hit by a car?
    A small child who is hit by a car is most likely going to be,
    -A mini street pizza
    -Broken for life, so much so that you can't even really call it a life
    -Blasted to peices *For the fast moving cars*. Good luck finding them all
    Now, I can't forgive full grown idiots who don't know better, nor do I feel sorry for them. Children however are diffrent, they don't know anything. Besides, I'm a big guy. Compaired to that little kid, I'm a brick wall, he's just one brick. I have a greater chance to survive getting hit by a car than that small 3 foot nothing elemtry schooling.
    If I did live after such an event, rest assured, I would plant a foot into the *** of said childs father, and while i'm at it his mother too, so I may then ask them,
    -Why weren't you watching your child?
    -Did you know you're terrible parents?
    -You're awair that you're paying my hospital bill correct?
    And if I die...Well
    -If there is a heaven, I guess that selfless act gets me in.
    -If there isn't a heaven...Well, at least I die a noble death, and I get to mess up some poor shlubs front end on his daddys 79 Mustang. Joy.

As I've said earlier, I would. I don't really care for myself, anyway. It'd be best for somebody else to live on then me.
    Yeah yeah.
    If life were fair, roses wouldn't have thorns. Right?
    Last edited by -Batman-; 02-11-2007 at 09:19 PM.

boopaloop! Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-05-2010 07:24 PM
    Threads

Risk my life? Very unlikely. But if I could safely rescue him, then yes. Say, if the kid was about to be hit by the car, but I could grab his collar and pull him out of the way, yes. If I had to tackle the kid and be hit by the car in his stead, no.

faceˇless –adjective 2.lacking personal distinction or identity

Broken Spirit and poet BlazingSoul has a reputation beyond repute BlazingSoul has a reputation beyond repute BlazingSoul has a reputation beyond repute BlazingSoul has a reputation beyond repute BlazingSoul has a reputation beyond repute BlazingSoul has a reputation beyond repute BlazingSoul has a reputation beyond repute BlazingSoul has a reputation beyond repute BlazingSoul has a reputation beyond repute BlazingSoul has a reputation beyond repute BlazingSoul has a reputation beyond repute BlazingSoul's Avatar
    Gil
    Busy
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-21-2012 10:34 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

It depends. It already happened to me once. Sometimes my body just moves on it's own like an impulse. But when I thought about it, I thought to myself "What the hell was I doing? That could've killed me." No one got seriously injured, just a few scratches. So far, it never happened again but who knows if it will happen again and if I will do the same thing.
    "As the blood starts to boil, the flow of crimson splendor will act like a flood" ~R

4: [Classified brah] Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Tuxedo Mask Rose Mario Question Block Pen
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-06-2015 01:53 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Why the heck would I do that?

Hey look, Japan made a movie about me!

Senior Member Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Gifts Present Bomb Aquarius
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-17-2014 05:45 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Not to sound like a heartless moron but no. Their just random people whom hold no value to me.

ein, zwei, drei, vier bin endlich weg von Dir
    fünf, sechs, sieben, acht Du hast jetzt keine Macht

Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Dark_Mousy is on a distinguished road Dark_Mousy's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-12-2007 05:40 PM
    Threads

I probably would save the kid by not the person getting mugged.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by SaucyNinja View Post
    Not to sound like a heartless moron but no. Their just random people whom hold no value to me.
    Nicely said...
    I totaly agree,I dont see reason why would anyone risk their lives just to save the person that they saw for the first time in life...

Senior Member -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman-'s Avatar
    Gil
    My Mood
    Brooding
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-07-2011 04:41 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by Hamashimura View Post
    Nicely said...
    I totaly agree,I dont see reason why would anyone risk their lives just to save the person that they saw for the first time in life...
    You're walking down the street, some one twice your size who can easily over-power you mugs you for your wallet/purse.

Someone else walks down that same street, who is clearly in good enough physical shape to help you.

He just walks by without paying you or the mugger a second glance.

Also, Randomly saving people you have no ties to gets you the star treatment. Everyone loves you, you get money and gift cirtificates from a dozen and one stores, and that fancy resturant down the street often gives you a free lobster dinner.

Being kind does have it's pay offs. Free stuff and the celebrity treatment. Save the life of one person every 2 weeks and you're good to go for a while. Who knows, you may even get your own TV, a TV movie you get payed for every time the show it on tv.
    "The man who saved people in trouble"...Or maybe "Batman"

Closed Thread

Thread Information