AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Doctor Who

Actually bigger than you. miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil's Avatar
    Gil
    sunshine
    Gifts Ceiling Cat Violin Cds
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-02-2013 07:01 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: miniPhil

Default Re: Dr. Who

Quote Originally Posted by The Rebel View Post
    Yeah, well Tom Baker beats them ALL, lol. Course, I've seen much of the original series, except for episodes related to the first and second Doctors.
    It's a real pain trying to compare Doctors from the two series, the writing is just vastly different. There's a level of humanity in the new Doctors that wasn't there before. In the old series they were much more authority figures(something that the new series gets from the Doctors companions). The old series Doctor was based on the hero of the times, the strong authority figure. Very much an English policeman, which is why the Tardis is a police box. As the series went on they the show became less and less culturally relevant and tried to pander to the older seasons which is why they were less than amazing.
    What RTD did for the new series was update the Doctor to be more culturally relevant, and have a much more human aspect. Moffat has kept up the tradition with a little more horror thrown in for good measure.
    This is a Sig. It's horribly out of date.

The warrior of time aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Gifts Bear Bleach Zangetsu Katana
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2015 10:29 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: aether370

Default Re: Doctor Who

Quote Originally Posted by Eris View Post
    Of course. I love it when the entire set wobbles as the actors run across it.
    Its just so classic BBC though.

Senior Member The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel's Avatar
    Gil
    Mellow
    Gifts Ice Cream Kawaiislice Bleach Zangetsu
    Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-09-2023 06:59 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by miniPhil View Post
    It's a real pain trying to compare Doctors from the two series, the writing is just vastly different. There's a level of humanity in the new Doctors that wasn't there before. In the old series they were much more authority figures(something that the new series gets from the Doctors companions). The old series Doctor was based on the hero of the times, the strong authority figure. Very much an English policeman, which is why the Tardis is a police box. As the series went on they the show became less and less culturally relevant and tried to pander to the older seasons which is why they were less than amazing.
    What RTD did for the new series was update the Doctor to be more culturally relevant, and have a much more human aspect. Moffat has kept up the tradition with a little more horror thrown in for good measure.
    Almost, but not quite right miniPhil. The reason the tardis looks like a police box is cause the chameleon circuit shorted out back when he was banished to earth back during the first Doctor. And the one time the Doctor tried to repair it, it still didn't work right and reset to the police box, then burned out again. After all, the Doctor technically Stole the Tardis in the first place.
    I believe the original Doctors were portrayed more as meddlers then authority figures. But the difference between then and now is that back then, they didn't give them "darker" sides. Now, the Doctor is portrayed as having his darker side, willing to kill if he feels it's justified, where back then he didn't. Tom Baker for example had to decide to destroy the Daleks or not, and choose not to, only to have the bomb he set be tripped by a Dalek anyways.
    But honestly, seeing as I've grown up on the old series, I have to say they have done a very good job with the new series. Especially with bring back some of the classic characters and such. Often, when they take an old series and "revamp" it for modern day, they change key elements like character appearances and such. But here, they have kept it true to the original for the majority of it. And the Doctor now having a "dark" side simply enhances the character more.

---------- Post added at 03:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:26 PM ----------

Almost, but not quite right miniPhil. The reason the tardis looks like a police box is cause the chameleon circuit shorted out back when he was banished to earth back during the first Doctor. And the one time the Doctor tried to repair it, it still didn't work right and reset to the police box, then burned out again. After all, the Doctor technically Stole the Tardis in the first place.
    I believe the original Doctors were portrayed more as meddlers then authority figures. But the difference between then and now is that back then, they didn't give them "darker" sides. Now, the Doctor is portrayed as having his darker side, willing to kill if he feels it's justified, where back then he didn't. Tom Baker for example had to decide to destroy the Daleks or not, and choose not to, only to have the bomb he set be tripped by a Dalek anyways.
    But honestly, seeing as I've grown up on the old series, I have to say they have done a very good job with the new series. Especially with bring back some of the classic characters and such. Often, when they take an old series and "revamp" it for modern day, they change key elements like character appearances and such. But here, they have kept it true to the original for the majority of it. And the Doctor now having a "dark" side simply enhances the character more.

Playstation Network ID: animerebel

how 2 u sociul plz? Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin's Avatar
    Gil
    Brooding
    Gifts Ice Cream Ice Cream Fuuko Starfish
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-22-2017 11:19 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I was always under the belief it was the cost of additional props for the 'outside' of the TARDIS making them stick with the police box in the long run? They of course would have to come up with an excuse to use in-show as to why (the chameleon circuit being broken being the show's excuse, as it still is).

That and the police box very quickly became synonymous with Doctor Who ... kinda like the mascot of the show, in a way. So maybe changing that would have proven negative and they opted not to?

I'm just speculating on this, really.
    : The Game. You just lost it. :

My signature was so old it broke. RIP signature.

Actually bigger than you. miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil's Avatar
    Gil
    sunshine
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

But that's the fluff, it doesn't mean that the reason for choosing the Tardis can't be the fact that it was modeled after the authority.

I believe the original Doctors were portrayed more as meddlers then authority figures.
    Being a meddler doesn't automatically make them not authority figures. Look at Columbo for example, he almost never walks straight in and presents himself as he is to work out the case. He plays dumb, looks around, tricks people into giving away more than they should making him very much a meddler but still a big time authority figure.

But the difference between then and now is that back then, they didn't give them "darker" sides. Now, the Doctor is portrayed as having his darker side, willing to kill if he feels it's justified, where back then he didn't. Tom Baker for example had to decide to destroy the Daleks or not, and choose not to, only to have the bomb he set be tripped by a Dalek anyways.[COLOR="Silver"]
    Again, the more humanity that RTD added.

Didn't mention who my favorite was. I think Baker in the old series and Smith in the new.

They should have named it Doom4 or something DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM!'s Avatar
    Gil
    Drunk
    Gifts Binoculars Kawaiislice Medkit
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-08-2023 04:46 AM
    Threads

Never watched any of it and I can't sacrifice any of my precious goldbricking time to.

It's never safe to turn off your computer - Silent Strike

4: [Classified brah] Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Tuxedo Mask Rose Mario Question Block Pen
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-06-2015 01:53 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Again, the more humanity that RTD added.
    This makes it sound like a good thing. The reason the doctor needed to become human in the first place was the fact that the timelords were killed off, making him The Most Awesome Person In The Universe by default. Earlier he had other timelords to put him in his place (the master, the rani, omega, random timelord douchebag bureaucrats). But without them, and with RTD dropping a bridge on every single bad guy the doctor encounters (daleks, cybermen), the character concept became fundamentally broken, hence they tried to make him emo to repair this. This just made the character bipolar, which is not nice. But then RTD and Tennant were pimp slapped out of the show and sensible people like Moffat and Smith fixed things again.

Did I mention I don't like character driven television?

Hey look, Japan made a movie about me!

8. Thanks Miss Moonlight thanked for this post
    Gil
    sunshine
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by McDoom, Dr. View Post
    Never watched any of it and I can't sacrifice any of my precious goldbricking time to.
    Why, good sir, I do believe that's the second time you've made such a comment in a Doctor Who thread.

This makes it sound like a good thing.
    Whoah, slow down there commander. I never ment to imply anything. While RTD revived the series and got the ball rolling he couldn't keep that momentum and ultimately was a one trick pony. I certainly won't deny he is a poor writer. But Moffat is at the reins now so all is well with the world.

10. Likes Eris liked this post
    Senior Member The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel's Avatar
    Gil
    Mellow
    Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

But that's the fluff, it doesn't mean that the reason for choosing the Tardis can't be the fact that it was modeled after the authority.

Being a meddler doesn't automatically make them not authority figures. Look at Columbo for example, he almost never walks straight in and presents himself as he is to work out the case. He plays dumb, looks around, tricks people into giving away more than they should making him very much a meddler but still a big time authority figure.
    Fluff? Sadly, not so much I think. The way they tell it, which includes in the documentaries, is that the Doctor had a "fondness" for humans, and especially 60's to 70's London. And it just so happened that when he landed on earth then, the chameleon circuit shorted out after it assumed the shape of a police box. After all, it was programmed to assume the shape of something that would be common in the area of landing in. Thus why the Master's tardis would change into a pillar and various other things, depending on location. But The Doctor's being an old type 40, it was bound to have issues. But as mentioned, it did become the icon of the Doctor. And would have been a bad idea to change it out completely.
    But you have to remember, the Doctor was, is, and always will be classified a Renegade Timelord. That fact alone tells you he'll break the rules. Authority figures follow the rules, and the Doctor tries to,,, but sometimes his moral nature would dictate otherwise. Even in the new series, he was branded a dangerous renegade by the Queen of England.

Gil
    sunshine
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Fluff? Sadly, not so much I think. The way they tell it, which includes in the documentaries, is that the Doctor had a "fondness" for humans, and especially 60's to 70's London. And it just so happened that when he landed on earth then, the chameleon circuit shorted out after it assumed the shape of a police box. After all, it was programmed to assume the shape of something that would be common in the area of landing in. Thus why the Master's tardis would change into a pillar and various other things, depending on location. But The Doctor's being an old type 40, it was bound to have issues. But as mentioned, it did become the icon of the Doctor. And would have been a bad idea to change it out completely.
    But that's still fluff. It's in world reasoning. It's like how Luke joins the rebels because the Imperials are baddies, murder his aunt and uncle, chase after him, capture princes etc but that doesn't change the fact that the Imperials represent the American government and the rebels are the common peoples anger towards events such as Watergate.
    But you have to remember, the Doctor was, is, and always will be classified a Renegade Timelord. That fact alone tells you he'll break the rules. Authority figures follow the rules, and the Doctor tries to,,, but sometimes his moral nature would dictate otherwise. Even in the new series, he was branded a dangerous renegade by the Queen of England.
    But that's a fluff background, not his main character. What I mean is we are not constantly reminded that he is a Renegade Timelord. It's like how John McClane is a dad but that's not how he is mostly portrayed. It does come up but for the most part he's very undad like, kicking terrorist tail and yelling words the browsers of AF need not hear. For the most part the Doc follows the rules and respects who's in charge. Any time he doesn't can be chalked up to the publics disillusionment at the time to the government or police and this will appear in the show with the Doc battling baddies in charge.

Diabolus, the Archvile Dark Lord has much to be proud of Dark Lord has much to be proud of Dark Lord has much to be proud of Dark Lord has much to be proud of Dark Lord has much to be proud of Dark Lord has much to be proud of Dark Lord has much to be proud of Dark Lord has much to be proud of Dark Lord has much to be proud of Dark Lord has much to be proud of Dark Lord's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-27-2011 12:47 PM
    Threads

I just saw the episode when Rose leaves. I guess Martha is his new partner in time.

Senior Member Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord View Post
    I just saw the episode when Rose leaves. I guess Martha is his new partner in time.
    Martha was the most boring and pointless companion ever. Next to rose, which was fine for like ... only two seasons. Then I just wanted her to die already.

4: [Classified brah] Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Moonlight View Post
    Martha was the most boring and pointless companion ever. Next to rose, which was fine for like ... only two seasons. Then I just wanted her to die already.
    Perhaps in the new series. But it's really hard to top that annoying little twerp Adric.

Gil
    Mellow
    Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Perhaps in the new series. But it's really hard to top that annoying little twerp Adric.
    True, he was quite the git, lol. But seems he WAS the only companion to go and kill himself in the show, so got to give him props for knowing he was so bad he needed to die, LOL. NOW, anyone who badmouths Sarah Jane is in for it...

Diabolus, the Archvile Dark Lord has much to be proud of Dark Lord has much to be proud of Dark Lord has much to be proud of Dark Lord has much to be proud of Dark Lord has much to be proud of Dark Lord has much to be proud of Dark Lord has much to be proud of Dark Lord has much to be proud of Dark Lord has much to be proud of Dark Lord has much to be proud of Dark Lord's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-27-2011 12:47 PM
    Threads

I think Donna is the worst. So annoying.

Gil
    Mellow
    Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord View Post
    I think Donna is the worst. So annoying.
    OH NO,,, there has been worse. Colin Baker and McCoy travelled with a redhead gal named Mel,,,, now SHE was annoying. Always going on about carrot juice.

Gil
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

OH NO,,, there has been worse. Colin Baker and McCoy travelled with a redhead gal named Mel,,,, now SHE was annoying. Always going on about carrot juice.
    Mel... ugh. Not as bad as Adric, though. It's seriously hard to top Adric. He's like the unholy child of Wesley Crusher and Scrappy-Doo.

Also, Mel felt less annoying because she played against Colin Baker, the most obnoxious doctor of them all.
    Last edited by Eris; 05-12-2011 at 05:52 PM.

Senior Member Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Vincent and the Doctor was the most moving episode of season 5, I think. But that's only because i'm biased toward Van Gogh being one of my favorite artists and all.

Gil
    Mellow
    Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Also, Mel felt less annoying because she played against Colin Baker, the most obnoxious doctor of them all.
    Oh lord, was he ever a lousy Doctor. I seriously couldn't stand him. Worse part was he was a recycled actor in the show. Originally, he played a Head Guard on Galleyfrey, who was also a,,,, unpleasant character. I thought that alone was a big reason why the wound up being so lousy.

Gil
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Oh lord, was he ever a lousy Doctor. I seriously couldn't stand him. Worse part was he was a recycled actor in the show. Originally, he played a Head Guard on Galleyfrey, who was also a,,,, unpleasant character. I thought that alone was a big reason why the wound up being so lousy.
    I know. I hated him in both roles. I just don't understand what they were thinking casting him. And those clothes he wore...

It's a shame, because some of his episodes were pretty good.

Gil
    Mellow
    Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I know. I hated him in both roles. I just don't understand what they were thinking casting him. And those clothes he wore...

It's a shame, because some of his episodes were pretty good.
    I think the clothing was to reflect his,,,, unstable mind. But yeah, he was a major,,,, can we use the word douche? And yeah, I liked a fair number of his episodes,,,, although I didn't like Peri much.

Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-25-2024 08:51 PM
    Threads

What was his name? I can't seem to find it.

Series 8 (2014)

The eighth series is planned to start filming in September 2013. Matt Smith and Jenna-Louise Coleman have confirmed they will be returning.[31][32] BBC One confirmed on their Twitter account that the new series would air in 2014.[7]
    Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com

Geek of Games GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks's Avatar
    Gil
    Paranoid
    Gifts Jade Disc Cookie Cookie
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-28-2017 05:24 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: GameGeeks

Am I the only one that thinks Matt would make a great Doctor Frankenstein?

Senior Member Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare's Avatar
    Gil
    Angry
    Gifts Purple Ribbon Gabumon Cylon Centurion
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-03-2017 08:07 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Because I can:

Eccleston > Tennant > Smith

Just my opinion, I love all three of 'em though. Smith does have my favorite outfit, while Tennant has my favorite hair.

The warrior of time aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Gifts Bear Bleach Zangetsu Katana
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2015 10:29 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: aether370

Quote Originally Posted by GameGeeks View Post
    As far as I'm aware, it's shot in Britain so kinda makes sense many if not most of the actors are from there.
    What you need to remember is that most scenes of doctor who are shot in an old quarry in Wales and when they are doing scenes like the park from manhattan with the daleks trying to create new daleks they CGI'd the landmarks in and shot the scene in a park here in the UK.

Also
    This is just general stuff now
    The doctor never uses a weapon like a gun for he has the sonic screwdriver that can pretty much do everything that he needs so having a gun is pointless.

Another note
    Doctor Who is the longest running TV show in the world since it has been going since the 60's, and the original creator wanted the series to avoid the typical bug eyed alien effects. The show was meant to be educational with the Historical settings teaching about the past hence why one of the travel companions was a history teacher and the future settings were to teach moral stories.

Closed Thread

Thread Information