AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Most racist cartoon of the decade

Member Sky Hedgehogian Maestro is on a distinguished road Sky Hedgehogian Maestro's Avatar
    Gil
    sunshine
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-28-2014 09:27 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Re: Most racist cartoon of the decade

In this age of political correctness, everything is racist. The fact that the font on an anime forum is yellow- must be a racist stab at Asians, huh? And then people get bent out of shape to change it to make it "safe."
    Deal with it.
    If there's one thing I ever agreed with conservatives/reactionaries on, it's that white liberals are insane and often the most hilariously racist people there are. That and gun control sucks. Then again, I doubt most cons even consider the thought that com... well, never mind, lest a flame war starts.
    Last edited by Sky Hedgehogian Maestro; 09-15-2013 at 10:02 AM.

2. Likes DeathBlade/13.666 liked this post
    Forever Bound. DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Dodge Viper SRT10 Beer Movie Ticket
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-23-2023 10:57 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: ChaosFluffy Steam ID: ChaosFluffy

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Hedgehogian Maestro View Post
    In this age of political correctness, everything is racist. The fact that the font on an anime forum is yellow- must be a racist stab at Asians, huh? And then people get bent out of shape to change it to make it "safe."
    Deal with it.
    If there's one thing I ever agreed with conservatives/reactionaries on, it's that white liberals are insane and often the most hilariously racist people there are. That and gun control sucks. Then again, I doubt most cons even consider the thought that com... well, never mind, lest a flame war starts.
    Hey, the voices in my head take offense to that. Not all white liberals are crazy (just a good number of them).
    Good ol' Dogs never Die, they just keepin on livin' till their time comes.

I was born in AF Chat, molded by it, I didn't see AnimeForum until a few years after I decided to register my username.

Great Witch of Britannia wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90's Avatar
    Gil
    Wicked
    Gifts Eva Penpen Wolf Full Moon
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-21-2014 03:53 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DisturbedWiccan PSN ID: Wolfdragon63 Steam ID: Wolfgirl90

Quote Originally Posted by Animedude5555 View Post
    That last one though was offensive. I read on the net in fact that's why the next time they had an Asian power ranger, they didn't use a yellow costume. In fact I don't think there's been another yellow power ranger since who's been Asian.
    You missed my point with the Ranger thing, so I will make it a bit more clear.

Indeed, there hasn't been another Yellow Ranger depicted by an Asian (as far as I know), but that is only because of the backlash due to the supposed "racism" of having Thuy Trang as the Yellow Ranger. Its not as if Saban chose Trang as the Yellow Ranger because of her race. In fact, the very first person they chose to be the Yellow Ranger (used only in a pilot) wasn't Asian (she asked for a raise; Saban said no and chose Trang instead).

My point was that people only see the "racist" aspect when they are being hyper-PC and see racism that isn't there. If Trang was ANY OTHER color of Ranger, no one would have said a thing. Its only a problem if she is the Yellow Ranger and the reason that she is the Yellow Ranger apparently HAS to be the fact that Saban is racist and for no other reason.

Also, again, the PC factor only seems to be coming from people who are not members of that race and don't know much about the show. I mean, people are complaining about Saban's choice in Yellow Ranger when, technically, every single Yellow Ranger is Asian. In case you have forgotten, Power Rangers based on a Japanese show called Super Sentai. Hell, just to blow your mind, there is a reason why Trini's uniform doesn't have a skirt and she's flat-chested. The Yellow Ranger in Kyōryū Sentai Zyuranger (the Super Sentai series used for Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers) is a dude.

The same thing applies for Omi. If he had been any other color under the sun, it would have been fine. However, the fact that he is yellow, and ONLY that fact, apparently makes the show racist, regardless of who created it and anything else that happens in the show. Yeah, that makes no sense.
    This is my war face.

This is what happens to trolls who mess with me.

5. Likes DeathBlade/13.666 liked this post
    Senior Member BronyBradyBuddyKiller is on a distinguished road BronyBradyBuddyKiller's Avatar
    Gil
    Cloud_9
    Gifts Scorpio Heart Katana
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-28-2015 10:05 PM
    Threads

I didn't see the show as being racist. Heck, I enjoyed it thoroughly and I probably would if I ever watched it again. Sure, now that I look back on it I guess it was a little bit stereotypical, but racist? Nah.
    But hey, what do I know?

Junior Member Swaggy Missy-Chan is on a distinguished road Swaggy Missy-Chan's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-09-2013 10:05 PM
    Threads

It's Xiaolin Showdown.

Talk about using racial stereotypes in cartoons. WOW! The main character, who's supposed to be Asian, literally has YELLOW SKIN. I'm not kidding!

If not black skin?? White? Obviously u mentioned asian u give him the asian skin la.
    Last edited by DeathBlade/13.666; 12-08-2013 at 02:49 PM.

Member OhMyAmethyst is on a distinguished road OhMyAmethyst's Avatar
    Gil
    Bahahaha
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-15-2013 05:33 AM
    Threads

It's Xiaolin Showdown.

Talk about using racial stereotypes in cartoons. WOW! The main character, who's supposed to be Asian, literally has YELLOW SKIN. I'm not kidding!

You know what. Now that you point that out, it's kinda -m*ssed- up and disturbing. Guess I never looked at it that way... O-o

---------- Post added at 12:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:31 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by wolfgirl90 View Post
    You missed my point with the Ranger thing, so I will make it a bit more clear.

Indeed, there hasn't been another Yellow Ranger depicted by an Asian (as far as I know), but that is only because of the backlash due to the supposed "racism" of having Thuy Trang as the Yellow Ranger. Its not as if Saban chose Trang as the Yellow Ranger because of her race. In fact, the very first person they chose to be the Yellow Ranger (used only in a pilot) wasn't Asian (she asked for a raise; Saban said no and chose Trang instead).

My point was that people only see the "racist" aspect when they are being hyper-PC and see racism that isn't there. If Trang was ANY OTHER color of Ranger, no one would have said a thing. Its only a problem if she is the Yellow Ranger and the reason that she is the Yellow Ranger apparently HAS to be the fact that Saban is racist and for no other reason.

Also, again, the PC factor only seems to be coming from people who are not members of that race and don't know much about the show. I mean, people are complaining about Saban's choice in Yellow Ranger when, technically, every single Yellow Ranger is Asian. In case you have forgotten, Power Rangers based on a Japanese show called Super Sentai. Hell, just to blow your mind, there is a reason why Trini's uniform doesn't have a skirt and she's flat-chested. The Yellow Ranger in Kyōryū Sentai Zyuranger (the Super Sentai series used for Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers) is a dude.

The same thing applies for Omi. If he had been any other color under the sun, it would have been fine. However, the fact that he is yellow, and ONLY that fact, apparently makes the show racist, regardless of who created it and anything else that happens in the show. Yeah, that makes no sense.
    That.... is..... Hilarious. I swear, you don't notice things when you're younger.

---------- Post added at 12:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:33 AM ----------

You want RACIST?

Don't forget Tom and Jerry chalked full of racist stereotyping.

Example: Episode, Old Rockin' Chair Tom

I hope you know exactly what I'm pointing out. Yes, the heavy set, short-tempered black house keeper.

Mammy Two Shoes (sometimes Mrs. Two Shoes) is a fictional character in MGM's Tom and Jerry cartoons. She is a heavy-set middle-aged black woman who often has to deal with the mayhem generated by the lead characters.

Voiced by the lovely Lillian Randolph
    herself. This controversial and frankly offensive episode aired in the early 50's (shocker.)
    I can't believe the voice actor herself can't see through how 'not okay' this is. Makes me wonder what they brainwashed with, good lord. The fact that they would even allow certain things to be aired on television really makes me question whether or not each generation just doesn't see to how much of a mockery it really is, for frell sake...
    Last edited by DeathBlade/13.666; 12-10-2013 at 07:58 AM.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information