AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Gero50's Avatars and Sigs

Senior Member Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50's Avatar
    Gil
    Inspired
    Gifts Pokedex 025 - Pikachu
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-05-2012 01:07 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Gero50's Avatars and Sigs

Hi everyone, this is my first time posting sigs or avatars on here. I have been a member for over 2 years and never tried it, so I thought why not. Here are some sigs I made simply by playing around with Photoshop for the past few days. I plan on making more and also making a few avatars too. Now this is my first time like I said, so please tell me what I can do to improve. Thanks a lot in advance.
    I placed near the sig it goes with like I will try to do for the others.
    I just added one more. I took some of your guys advice and started playing around with more tools in different sections of PS. It was really fun making this one though it took quite a bit longer.

Ariel and her Toy

Ariel Loving Humans

Ariel Wants to Know

Ariel and Her Dreams

Ariel Wondering

Ariel Full of Glow

Ariel Planing

Ariel Gaze Avatar

Ice Princess
    Last edited by Gero50; 03-24-2010 at 01:30 AM.
    Gero Server Guru

AF's resident Crazy Cat Lady Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf's Avatar
    Starving
    Gifts Mario Bowser Shell Mario Bob-omb Mario Blue Shell
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-22-2014 12:38 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CaptainEllipsis Steam ID: CaptainEllipsis Wii Code: 2388 1485 3012 2739

I see you like Disney. Only thing I can really tell you to do is to mess around with more of Photoshop's tools, and try a few tutorials out. You got a good size down early though, which may not seem like a big accomplishment...but I've seen wallpaper-sized-sigs. So try out a few tutorials, and lets see what happens!

Senior Member Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50's Avatar
    Gil
    Inspired
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ellipsis View Post
    I see you like Disney. Only thing I can really tell you to do is to mess around with more of Photoshop's tools, and try a few tutorials out. You got a good size down early though, which may not seem like a big accomplishment...but I've seen wallpaper-sized-sigs. So try out a few tutorials, and lets see what happens!
    Thanks man that helps a lot. I made these dimply by playing around with PS's layer and a few other tool sections too.
    I'll look for some tutorials, do u know of any you can link me off to.
    Gero Server Guru

D A Y D R E A M E R Hakuchuumu has a reputation beyond repute Hakuchuumu has a reputation beyond repute Hakuchuumu has a reputation beyond repute Hakuchuumu has a reputation beyond repute Hakuchuumu has a reputation beyond repute Hakuchuumu has a reputation beyond repute Hakuchuumu has a reputation beyond repute Hakuchuumu has a reputation beyond repute Hakuchuumu has a reputation beyond repute Hakuchuumu has a reputation beyond repute Hakuchuumu has a reputation beyond repute Hakuchuumu's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-23-2010 07:53 AM
    Even if the neon lights in this town disappear, I'll always be here.
    Threads

Tuts are not really too difficult to find.. Some DA users post some pretty good tuts, if you want to check there.

As Ellipsis said, just work with some of the other tools. You can really do a lot with photoshop. It's a cool program. Personally, I feel most people can learn how to do things on their own (without tuts) just by experimenting. If you experiment with all the tools, you'll see and understand what they do. A lot of people are intimidated by all tools, but they're really simple to understand and use.

I'd be a little more careful with your color selections. Practicing balancing them.

I saw the most recent sig you put up. "Ariel Full of Glow" That one seems like you practiced a bit with some more features. It's cute.

Also, maybe you should practice with font. As that seems to be a weakness in a lot of peoples sigs. It's always good to get an early start on that.

Finally. Try to work with some renders maybe? You really have more to work with and experiment with if you use a render. It forces you to try out more of the tools, in my opinion.

You're off to a good start. I look forward to seeing more. <3

ADORABLE SIG BY RAMS, MY BESTIE! THANK YOU!
    MY BELOVED FAMILY: KIRAKO SHIMA, KARAS, KAWAII_AI, RAMS, SAKURAFOX512

Gil
    Inspired
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hakuchuumu View Post
    Tuts are not really too difficult to find.. Some DA users post some pretty good tuts, if you want to check there.

As Ellipsis said, just work with some of the other tools. You can really do a lot with photoshop. It's a cool program. Personally, I feel most people can learn how to do things on their own (without tuts) just by experimenting. If you experiment with all the tools, you'll see and understand what they do. A lot of people are intimidated by all tools, but they're really simple to understand and use.

I'd be a little more careful with your color selections. Practicing balancing them.

I saw the most recent sig you put up. "Ariel Full of Glow" That one seems like you practiced a bit with some more features. It's cute.

Also, maybe you should practice with font. As that seems to be a weakness in a lot of peoples sigs. It's always good to get an early start on that.

Finally. Try to work with some renders maybe? You really have more to work with and experiment with if you use a render. It forces you to try out more of the tools, in my opinion.

You're off to a good start. I look forward to seeing more. <3
    Thanks a lot I did use quite a bit more tools this time on my latest one. I'll try throughing some font into the mix next time.
    Gero Server Guru

Gil
    Inspired
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Here is a new one I just made today. I'll be making more soon. I tried out some new tools this time too.

Ariel and Eric

Here is another one I just finished. I decided to play around with a few brush features this time. Please let me know how I can improve. It has all been so helpful so far.

Ariel and her Moonlight Stone

Last edited by Gero50; 03-18-2010 at 12:49 AM.
    Gero Server Guru

Senior Member FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango's Avatar
    Gil
    Gay
    Gifts Photoshop
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-21-2017 02:41 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: ThomasakaDes

Quote Originally Posted by Gero50 View Post
    Thanks man that helps a lot. I made these dimply by playing around with PS's layer and a few other tool sections too.
    I'll look for some tutorials, do u know of any you can link me off to.
    For tuts on nice tags go here:
    [REMOVED]
    Some of them are for beginners, most of them are for novice/advanced users.
    Good luck
    Oh and your sigs are too big imo, everything over 400x250 is too big imo :P
    Last edited by FlashD; 03-16-2010 at 07:32 AM. Reason: No linking to other sites

Gil
    Inspired
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Des View Post
    For tuts on nice tags go here:
    [REMOVED]
    Some of them are for beginners, most of them are for novice/advanced users.
    Good luck
    Oh and your sigs are too big imo, everything over 400x250 is too big imo :P
    Yah I was kinda thinking the same thing now that I've had time to realy lok at them more and see just how they look. How about the stuff I did with them though like the latest one for example.
    Last edited by FlashD; 03-16-2010 at 07:32 AM. Reason: Edited the quote
    Gero Server Guru

Gil
    Inspired
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Here is one I just made I decided to play around with text features in PS. I think it was pretty fun plus it makes this one look better. I also had gotten a comment before saying my last few were a little large so I went back to 400x100 rather then 500x200.
    I put a lot of work in this one as always so let me know what else I should try and improve on okay.

Gero Server Guru

つき *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki*'s Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts 001 - Bulbasaur Cowboy Hat Dr Who Tardis
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-30-2021 04:30 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

http://www.animeforum.com/image/1371664b9eba7869786.png
    Well, the size is better, but I can't say that I like it too much.
    For one, the area in purple. You can clearly see the original background of it, and part of his head is missing. O= Why?

And the other thing in turquoise. What is it?
    Last edited by UrusaiSevera; 03-15-2010 at 07:20 PM. Reason: Don't repost or quote images

Gil
    Inspired
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by *Tsuki* View Post
    http://www.animeforum.com/image/1371664b9eba7869786.png

Well, the size is better, but I can't say that I like it too much.
    For one, the area in purple. You can clearly see the original background of it, and part of his head is missing. O= Why?

And the other thing in turquoise. What is it?
    I cut out part of the head on purpose and those are acting as designs I put in for fun. I am still learning after all thanks for the tips I'll try to make them more transparent next time.
    Last edited by UrusaiSevera; 03-15-2010 at 07:20 PM.
    Gero Server Guru

Gil
    Inspired
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Here is another avatar the 3rd one I have made. It is not very fantasic though I thought it would go with the Ariel and Eric sig.
    Gero Server Guru

Gil
    Inspired
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Here is another Ariel one I made. I wanted to play around with some of the different layer effects again as well as include a few new tools. I used the Type tool this time around. I thought this one came out okay but I know it is not the best.

Ariel Looking On
    Gero Server Guru

Forever Shattered Rulloxp has a reputation beyond repute Rulloxp has a reputation beyond repute Rulloxp has a reputation beyond repute Rulloxp has a reputation beyond repute Rulloxp has a reputation beyond repute Rulloxp has a reputation beyond repute Rulloxp has a reputation beyond repute Rulloxp has a reputation beyond repute Rulloxp has a reputation beyond repute Rulloxp has a reputation beyond repute Rulloxp has a reputation beyond repute Rulloxp's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-12-2010 09:09 AM
    Threads

I really like the Kaiba one! Ilove yu-gi-oh! It looks sized really nicely too. I couldn't make signitures to save my life! Post more?

Is that a shark fin behind her in the warter!?(In your signiture) ?! If it is, thats pretty awesome(:
    Legit, the best signature by: Kirako Shima <3
    "Maybe if my heart stops beating
    it wont hurt this much
    and never will I have to
    answer again to anyone"

Gil
    Inspired
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rulloxp View Post
    I really like the Kaiba one! Ilove yu-gi-oh! It looks sized really nicely too. I couldn't make signitures to save my life! Post more?

Is that a shark fin behind her in the warter!?(In your signiture) ?! If it is, thats pretty awesome(:
    It is not a fin it's a shard of a gem from the sea floor. I know I did not do very god on that part I was trying to make it pointed like a rock but it kinda looks funny.
    Gero Server Guru

Forever Shattered Rulloxp has a reputation beyond repute Rulloxp has a reputation beyond repute Rulloxp has a reputation beyond repute Rulloxp has a reputation beyond repute Rulloxp has a reputation beyond repute Rulloxp has a reputation beyond repute Rulloxp has a reputation beyond repute Rulloxp has a reputation beyond repute Rulloxp has a reputation beyond repute Rulloxp has a reputation beyond repute Rulloxp has a reputation beyond repute Rulloxp's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

It is not a fin it's a shard of a gem from the sea floor. I know I did not do very god on that part I was trying to make it pointed like a rock but it kinda looks funny.
    It doesn't look that bad; at first glance though, it looks like a fin! Rofl, that would be tragic. But, i like all your signitures: For a first time, or second time sortof' thing they're really nice. (: Good work!
    it wont hurt this much
    and never will I have to
    answer again to anyone"

Gil
    Inspired
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

It doesn't look that bad; at first glance though, it looks like a fin! Rofl, that would be tragic. But, i like all your signitures: For a first time, or second time sortof' thing they're really nice. (: Good work!
    Thank you the Adobe Creative Suite is like my favorite program suite in the world and I am pretty much teaching myself. I have had one class on Adobe Photoshop though I did not do anything in it pretty much just serviced my teacher's printer and the macs also surfed the net quite a bit. Back then was when I was new on AF and was posting like there was no tomorrow. So I have been left to learn it on my own and these are all a result of my teaching myself I have had no tutorials so far Except one that talked about sizing cause I was unsure what size the docs needed to be to have them look the best.
    Gero Server Guru

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Thank you the Adobe Creative Suite is like my favorite program suite in the world and I am pretty much teaching myself. I have had one class on Adobe Photoshop though I did not do anything in it pretty much just serviced my teacher's printer and the macs also surfed the net quite a bit. Back then was when I was new on AF and was posting like there was no tomorrow. So I have been left to learn it on my own and these are all a result of my teaching myself I have had no tutorials so far Except one that talked about sizing cause I was unsure what size the docs needed to be to have them look the best.
    I see, Anway, i think their amazing! Never stop making them, if its what you like!(:
    it wont hurt this much
    and never will I have to
    answer again to anyone"

Gil
    Inspired
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I see, Anway, i think their amazing! Never stop making them, if its what you like!(:
    I love it graphics is like my favorite thing to do on a computer.
    Gero Server Guru

97,000?! bee. has a reputation beyond repute bee. has a reputation beyond repute bee. has a reputation beyond repute bee. has a reputation beyond repute bee. has a reputation beyond repute bee. has a reputation beyond repute bee. has a reputation beyond repute bee. has a reputation beyond repute bee. has a reputation beyond repute bee. has a reputation beyond repute bee. has a reputation beyond repute bee.'s Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-21-2010 12:10 AM
    Threads

im going to be blunt,your work is hard to look at.the extracts are bad quality and theres no variety in your work. no blending and the gradients simply placed on top of the renders don't look good. the signature size is good, but you need to get onto making a good signature, with good blending etc.. so far i don't see that.
    start simple. use c4d's if you want, or find stocks.. work with the resources you have.. i suggest you look at some tutorials.. and i would also suggest working with a better program, something like ps: the gimp is good,and it's free.
    sorry if my critique was harsh but if you want to improve, i'm sure you'll appreciate it... hope to see more from you.

{}

Gil
    Inspired
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bee. View Post
    im going to be blunt,your work is hard to look at.the extracts are bad quality and theres no variety in your work. no blending and the gradients simply placed on top of the renders don't look good. the signature size is good, but you need to get onto making a good signature, with good blending etc.. so far i don't see that.
    start simple. use c4d's if you want, or find stocks.. work with the resources you have.. i suggest you look at some tutorials.. and i would also suggest working with a better program, something like ps: the gimp is good,and it's free.
    sorry if my critique was harsh but if you want to improve, i'm sure you'll appreciate it... hope to see more from you.
    I use PS, I used it to make all of them. I have tried looking for good tutorials though I have not found anything that interests me any suggested sites with tutorials you know for making sigs with Photoshop CS3.
    I have been playing with a few blending options though I guess I could stand to try more. Thanks a lot and don't worry I post them to get advice just like everyone here.
    Gero Server Guru

97,000?! bee. has a reputation beyond repute bee. has a reputation beyond repute bee. has a reputation beyond repute bee. has a reputation beyond repute bee. has a reputation beyond repute bee. has a reputation beyond repute bee. has a reputation beyond repute bee. has a reputation beyond repute bee. has a reputation beyond repute bee. has a reputation beyond repute bee. has a reputation beyond repute bee.'s Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-21-2010 12:10 AM
    Threads

we have some good tutorials here on AF, but here's one i think is cool:
    http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs25/f/20...y_kiga10di.png

also.. you might want to check this thread out: http://www.animeforum.com/showthread.php?t=81418
    it really helped me, so it for sure will help you.
    Last edited by FlashD; 03-23-2010 at 06:26 AM.

{}

Gil
    Inspired
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bee. View Post
    we have some good tutorials here on AF, but here's one i think is cool:
    http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs25/f/20...y_kiga10di.png

also.. you might want to check this thread out: http://www.animeforum.com/showthread.php?t=81418
    it really helped me, so it for sure will help you.
    Thanks a lot man I will look for others too.
    Gero Server Guru

Gil
    Inspired
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Here is my latest one. I tried taking some f you guy's advice and tried to use a little more different tools. I am finding brushes in particular very fun so far. Please let me know what you think and please do keep the suggestions coming it is helping me a lot.

Kaiba Staring Down
    Last edited by Gero50; 03-30-2010 at 02:12 PM.
    Gero Server Guru

Geek of Games GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks's Avatar
    Gil
    Paranoid
    Gifts Jade Disc Cookie Cookie
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-28-2017 05:24 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: GameGeeks

May I suggest a site like planetrender.net for renders? You'll find a lot of precut images for you to use. You'll also find things like d4ds that you can use. Though you probably should stay away from those for now. As for tutorials, I'd search deviantart, it has some great tutorials, though unfortunately, a lot of them aren't exactly beginner friendly in that they don't give things like smudge settings and the like. Though for you I'd hold off on avatar tutorials right now and find some that teaches you the basics. I'd be willing to help you with that over MSN if you want, unless someone more qualified then me offers to help.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information