AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Elders

Senior Member ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow's Avatar
    Gil
    Doubtful
    Gifts Venus Star Wand Top Manekineko American Flag Ribbon
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-01-2012 10:32 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Elders

I recently have been seeing old people getting bullied or beat up in the streets while they're taking their solitude walks.
    What are your opinions/feelings about this, and 'what would you do'?
    [I remember seeing this in a "What would you do" episode as well]

--------------
    My father just turned 77 years old today. And I think that's a great impact on my values. It makes me extremely angry to see teens bully and elder. To me, that is the highest disrespect one can do, and the kind of people karma likes to bite. I love and respect elders highly, and hate seeing them get hurt or made fun of. It's one of the things that strikes my horrid side. Why would they hurt someone with so much experience and knowledge that youngins don't understand. Also, they're at the stage where they might look helpless .. so I think however would try to harm them are the lowest. I cringe seeing old people getting hurt.

If I saw an elderly getting bullied by teens, first of all I would see if I can handle the teens. I would first talk to them and ask them 'WTH are you doing this for? You find any award from this?' if they remain ignorant and don't stop when I ask them to, I would then just help the elderly avoid them, but if they continue to bother the elderly still, I wouldn't mind proceeding to violence. Calling the police would be an option as well.

---Sorry I am currently inactive; very busy with this new Filipino school x.x they are seriously trying to kill me--
    Karami the Neko Red Bean Dango ~
    Want to join Karami's Big Dango Family?

The warrior of time aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Gifts Bear Bleach Zangetsu Katana
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2015 10:29 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: aether370

Default Re: Elders

Whatever happened to respect your elder's?

Actually bigger than you. miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil's Avatar
    Gil
    sunshine
    Gifts Ceiling Cat Violin Cds
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-02-2013 07:01 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: miniPhil

But what would you do if you saw a teenager being bullied by the elderly?
    This is a Sig. It's horribly out of date.

The Palmtop Tiger blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts Hedgehog PPG Bubbles Alice
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-13-2018 07:05 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: blueangel06661 Steam ID: blueangel06661

I like old people. I guess because I grew up with my grandparents so I was always attending events with nothing but old people. So I learned to get along with them as a kid. Now I smile when I pass them in the store or something and say hello. They LOVE that and they just look adorable when someone takes a few seconds out of their day to greet them. Most people just think of them as slow space wasters. Such a shame. We'll be like that one day.

今日...明日...永遠に...
    Interested in Pop-Up Cafes in Japan? Dango News is the place for you.
    Dango News
    | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram

5. Likes Uta-chan~ liked this post
    The warrior of time aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by blueangel06661 View Post
    I like old people. I guess because I grew up with my grandparents so I was always attending events with nothing but old people. So I learned to get along with them as a kid. Now I smile when I pass them in the store or something and say hello. They LOVE that and they just look adorable when someone takes a few seconds out of their day to greet them. Most people just think of them as slow space wasters. Such a shame. We'll be like that one day.
    That is true after all with every second that ticks by we are one step closer to becoming them

Senior Member ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow's Avatar
    Gil
    Doubtful
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by miniPhil View Post
    But what would you do if you saw a teenager being bullied by the elderly?
    The elderly can't really do too much to a teenager, but the teenager should act more maturely by ignoring it and walking away, because they can. Elderly people usually can't because they are weaker.
    Getting older is also like becoming a baby once again. They forget more often, tend to rely more on others because of their physical health, their eye sight doesn't get any better, they might need a diaper once again for they don't think on what they are doing anymore, or maybe can't move at all.

So i this case, the younger should learn to be respectful and be the better person by walking away from a grumpy elderly. No point in fighting with and elder.

---Sorry I am currently inactive; very busy with this new Filipino school x.x they are seriously trying to kill me--

Senior Member Elukien has a reputation beyond repute Elukien has a reputation beyond repute Elukien has a reputation beyond repute Elukien has a reputation beyond repute Elukien has a reputation beyond repute Elukien has a reputation beyond repute Elukien has a reputation beyond repute Elukien has a reputation beyond repute Elukien has a reputation beyond repute Elukien has a reputation beyond repute Elukien has a reputation beyond repute Elukien's Avatar
    Gil
    Sleepy
    Gifts Jigsaw Ribbon LOTR The Palantir Of Orthanc Black Cat
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-18-2013 02:54 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: Sarcasticfuzzball

I'm not sure on how parents raise the young but I was always taught to respect your elders. With that said I've always respected them and find them to be awesome plus they make good chess opponents. If I saw a teenager act aggressively to an elder, I would try to intervene unless it's a family issue. Geez...Teenagers are becoming more aggressive these days.

Senior Member Kyubi-no-kitsune has a reputation beyond repute Kyubi-no-kitsune has a reputation beyond repute Kyubi-no-kitsune has a reputation beyond repute Kyubi-no-kitsune has a reputation beyond repute Kyubi-no-kitsune has a reputation beyond repute Kyubi-no-kitsune has a reputation beyond repute Kyubi-no-kitsune has a reputation beyond repute Kyubi-no-kitsune has a reputation beyond repute Kyubi-no-kitsune has a reputation beyond repute Kyubi-no-kitsune has a reputation beyond repute Kyubi-no-kitsune has a reputation beyond repute Kyubi-no-kitsune's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Gifts Bleach Urahara Hat Haruhi Suzumiya   Tsuruya Dragon Fan
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-11-2011 10:35 PM
    Threads

being from a old samurai family my parents and grandfather taught to me to always respect others even if they were enemys plus i loved my grandfather very much
    Religion, ideology, resources, land, spite, love or just because... No matter how pathetic the reason, it's enough to start war. War will never cease to exist... reasons can be thought up after the fact... Human nature pursues strife.
    Paine (Naruto Shippuden)

10. Likes animeyay liked this post
    Roarrrrrrrrrrr!
    AnimeLyrics Admin
    animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Be Mine 143 - Snorlax Cookie
    Mentioned
    754 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-29-2016 11:05 PM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

I'm Asian. Respecting the elderly is one of the integral elements of Asian culture.

Aggressively stupid Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte's Avatar
    Gil
    Cloud_9
    Gifts Kawaiislice Alice Pocket Watch
    Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-07-2024 04:50 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ╬Karami Mew~Meow View Post
    --------------
    My father just turned 77 years old today.
    77-16 is 61. So basically your dad got you when he was already almost-retired...? O_o

Senior Member Navigator has a reputation beyond repute Navigator has a reputation beyond repute Navigator has a reputation beyond repute Navigator has a reputation beyond repute Navigator has a reputation beyond repute Navigator has a reputation beyond repute Navigator has a reputation beyond repute Navigator has a reputation beyond repute Navigator has a reputation beyond repute Navigator has a reputation beyond repute Navigator has a reputation beyond repute Navigator's Avatar
    Gil
    Chatty
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-24-2011 06:26 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Alright. I really know this area. I work in a nursing home as a CNA. So,
    I obviously know a few things. Haha. Well for one, I am a very protective person
    in the first place, an when it comes to my elders at the nursing home, I am very protective!
    I love them. I completely adore them. There are the ones that can be rude(on purpose or not),
    the sweet ones, the funny ones, the confused ones.. They are all amazing!
    I actually have witnessed another CNA being unkind to a resident. I was working with her at the time.

We were walking this lady to the restroom, and she doesnt move as fast as us, obviously. Well the other
    girl wanted her to move faster and kept pulling on her to move faster. I told her to just let her walk at her own pace.
    She just gave me a dirty look, and waited for a moment while the lady got her feet straightened. But then the
    girl began getting impatient again. She began pulling on her, and while I was also on the other side holding her, the girl
    almost made the lady fall over. I took the lady by both arms, hugged her to myself to stop her from falling, and told
    the other girl to get out of the room because I was not going to let her treat the resident like that. She left and I took
    care of the lady by myself. It's not as big as hitting an elderly or anything.. but it was big to me.

Also.. that girl was fired. (:

14. Likes ╬Karami Mew~Meow liked this post
    Magical Llama Man Ryuu battousai_ryuu has a reputation beyond repute battousai_ryuu has a reputation beyond repute battousai_ryuu has a reputation beyond repute battousai_ryuu has a reputation beyond repute battousai_ryuu has a reputation beyond repute battousai_ryuu has a reputation beyond repute battousai_ryuu has a reputation beyond repute battousai_ryuu has a reputation beyond repute battousai_ryuu has a reputation beyond repute battousai_ryuu has a reputation beyond repute battousai_ryuu has a reputation beyond repute battousai_ryuu's Avatar
    Gil
    Aggressive
    Gifts Batmobile 1989 Batmobile Animated Jaguar XKR
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-17-2012 12:19 PM
    Threads

Everyone should respect their elders. I've learned alot from older people so that I can avoid the mistakes they made in the past ^_^ I have a huge amount of respect for them.
    Set made by the Wonderfully talented Yukari :3
    "You are slow, even when falling..."
    BLEACH
    Father(/mother O-o): Ryutama
    Mothers: Mikuchuu & SuXrys
    Older Brother to:
    Keena Aya Ashikaga
    Miki~
    Xey Oiz

16. Likes Navigator liked this post
    Moderator ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-17-2017 07:39 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: the_wolfie

I respect my elders, and if I saw a teenager annoying an elderly person, they'd get an @ss whopping.
    Wolfie Dango ~*Red*~

Twin sister: Angella_Kagamine

Gil
    Doubtful
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Amblifier View Post
    77-16 is 61. So basically your dad got you when he was already almost-retired...? O_o

Yup seems like it. But he really doesn't have to 'retire' since he owns and managed his own machine shop.

Quote Originally Posted by animeyay View Post
    I'm Asian. Respecting the elderly is one of the integral elements of Asian culture.

Exactly. 'Only in America' did I start becoming aware of teens bulling elders.

Senior Member Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna's Avatar
    Gil
    Shh
    Gifts Flowers Fan2 R2 Ice Cream
    Mentioned
    249 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-06-2015 06:16 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

My grandparents just recently moved into a nursing home a couple of months ago, my grandma talks quietly, because she can't hear her own voice cause that's how death she is getting and my grandpa is completely death and can't walk anymore. I can't explain how angry I would be and what I would do if I saw some kid trying to grab my grandma's purse.

Like my sister came home crying from the park back about 5 years ago, because some boys had taken her bike. Then one of her friends came running up and said that the boys were still at the park, just by the pond. So I grabbed my dad's old metal baseball bat, and walked down to the park, while my sister and her friend were trailing behind me far back. I went down by the pond, and I could not believe what I saw. The boy that took my sister's bike was a guy that went to school with me and was in the same grade as me. Not only that, but this boy and his younger brother who was with him are my friend's cousins!

So I hid the baseball bat hanging on the back of my pants where my belt should've been and I walked up a little bit to them, but still like 20 feet away from them, and I yelled, "Hey Joe! Can you pretty please give back my sister's bike to her?", and he said, "She shouldn't even have a bike, nor should you guys have a place to live in this neighborhood, because nobody likes you and your dirt poor family." Then I said, "Well I think it would be best if you and your brother stayed in this neighborhood...in the pond", while grabbing the bat behind my back. Then I raised the bat fast up from behind my back into the air above my head and yelled, "AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!", while charging fast towards them. They both yelled, "AHHHH!!!!!", and ran to their bikes, got on them, and peddled as fast as anyone I've ever seen peddled in their life away from me. I was about to go tribal on them and club them with my dad's baseball bat pretty much.

Also I have not gotten the chance to work with elders, but my brother has autism, and I work with kids that have special needs/mental disabilities, and it makes me extremely angry whenever I see anyone make fun of a kid with special needs either right by the person with special needs or straight into their face. It's just so cruel and heartless, don't they see that everyone is an equal and has feelings?
    Last edited by Aleyna; 04-21-2011 at 05:54 AM.

From SkullMuffins on deviantart

Instagram|Tumblr

AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    marvelangga has a reputation beyond repute marvelangga has a reputation beyond repute marvelangga has a reputation beyond repute marvelangga has a reputation beyond repute marvelangga has a reputation beyond repute marvelangga has a reputation beyond repute marvelangga has a reputation beyond repute marvelangga has a reputation beyond repute marvelangga has a reputation beyond repute marvelangga has a reputation beyond repute marvelangga has a reputation beyond repute marvelangga's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AL Lyrics

Why do they have to beat them up... ;_; they're helpless and.. and... they're probably cherishing the last moments of their life so, that's just too cruel~ X<

My grandparents are definitely nice people, although they don't stay in our house (they stay in their provinces), they are very caring and diligent. They sometimes try to crack some jokes and, well... I guess they're funny... XD

p.s. What should I do when I see elders get beaten? i'll tell those darn kids this: "You don't wanna get beaten like that when you grow that old... peace? ^^V"
    Last edited by marvelangga; 04-21-2011 at 08:15 AM.

21. Likes ╬Karami Mew~Meow liked this post
    Fuchsia Ruler Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah's Avatar
    Gil
    Sassy
    Gifts Heart Pisces Double Bento
    Mentioned
    309 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-02-2016 06:57 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

I have big respect for the elders, even if they seem bitter but its not their fault anyway. Because they were around before me, they have experiences in life such as the good and bad ones. I love stories that they tell and I want to hear out their point of views in certain events in the past; its pretty cool to know from stories they share is that they were involved in it and whatnot. I was raised to respect them and to listen to them no matter how silly it seems, sometimes you should be safe than sorry. So fyi, I'm coming from a Chinese and Filipino family, its all culture and I was brought up to be that way.

The elderly are sweet and nice to be around with. I had a few encounter with some that probably don't like me for no reason, oh well. I can't help myself to be nice around them. Shame on those people who disrespect them and make fun of them. They forget that they were young at one point, but it'll come a time for those people to become old as them. I've seen people be rude to them and my nasty side comes out and I literally tell them to f*ck off. I seen an elderly that wants help, I'm happy helping them. If they bark at me saying "Don't treat me like that", I help them because I want to regardless what age or situation.

I love them all, the best is of course, my grandparents. Especially my grandmother, I cuddle to her and I always talk to her. My other grandmother, who passed away years ago, she's real cool back in her day she was a biker. XD

Senior Member Chigumi has a reputation beyond repute Chigumi has a reputation beyond repute Chigumi has a reputation beyond repute Chigumi has a reputation beyond repute Chigumi has a reputation beyond repute Chigumi has a reputation beyond repute Chigumi has a reputation beyond repute Chigumi has a reputation beyond repute Chigumi has a reputation beyond repute Chigumi has a reputation beyond repute Chigumi has a reputation beyond repute Chigumi's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Aria Neko Jigsaw Ribbon Mic
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-24-2013 02:33 PM
    Somewhere between sparkle bunnies and pinkish kittens.
    Threads

Some old people think they are God or so. No offence.
    However I've been taught to treat them with respect.
    If they don't show any respect to me, I stop being nice to them.

Straight Outta Motown! Token Black Guy has a reputation beyond repute Token Black Guy has a reputation beyond repute Token Black Guy has a reputation beyond repute Token Black Guy has a reputation beyond repute Token Black Guy has a reputation beyond repute Token Black Guy has a reputation beyond repute Token Black Guy has a reputation beyond repute Token Black Guy has a reputation beyond repute Token Black Guy has a reputation beyond repute Token Black Guy has a reputation beyond repute Token Black Guy has a reputation beyond repute Token Black Guy's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Gifts Paint Palette Mic Sunglasses
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-28-2014 02:35 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Sleepy_Ninja313

*facepalm* What the hell is wrong with teens today? I respect my elders, and would never harm them. But what the hell man?! It's pathetic to have to pick on the elderly.
    Man that is whack!

Token Black Guy

25. Thanks ╬Karami Mew~Meow thanked for this post
    Gil
    Tired
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Maaylynn View Post
    Alright. I really know this area. I work in a nursing home as a CNA. So,
    I obviously know a few things. Haha. Well for one, I am a very protective person
    in the first place, an when it comes to my elders at the nursing home, I am very protective!
    I love them. I completely adore them. There are the ones that can be rude(on purpose or not),
    the sweet ones, the funny ones, the confused ones.. They are all amazing!
    I actually have witnessed another CNA being unkind to a resident. I was working with her at the time.

We were walking this lady to the restroom, and she doesnt move as fast as us, obviously. Well the other
    girl wanted her to move faster and kept pulling on her to move faster. I told her to just let her walk at her own pace.
    She just gave me a dirty look, and waited for a moment while the lady got her feet straightened. But then the
    girl began getting impatient again. She began pulling on her, and while I was also on the other side holding her, the girl
    almost made the lady fall over. I took the lady by both arms, hugged her to myself to stop her from falling, and told
    the other girl to get out of the room because I was not going to let her treat the resident like that. She left and I took
    care of the lady by myself. It's not as big as hitting an elderly or anything.. but it was big to me.

Also.. that girl was fired. (:
    The elderly have so much that we can learn from. The problem is people these days are too impatient like the other girl you was working with and demand a fast pace of life. However the elderly's generation grew up within a completely different era to us, so they will do things how they used to back when they were young. Us youths shouldn't impose our way upon them by forcing them to move quicker. After all they may be old but they're still human beings

27. Thanks Navigator thanked for this post
    Likes Navigator liked this post
    Senior Member Navigator has a reputation beyond repute Navigator has a reputation beyond repute Navigator has a reputation beyond repute Navigator has a reputation beyond repute Navigator has a reputation beyond repute Navigator has a reputation beyond repute Navigator has a reputation beyond repute Navigator has a reputation beyond repute Navigator has a reputation beyond repute Navigator has a reputation beyond repute Navigator has a reputation beyond repute Navigator's Avatar
    Gil
    Chatty
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

It is really is upsetting. I love the elderly. So much.
    A lot of other people I work with think that I am not cut out
    for the job, because when either someone passes on, or they have
    recovered enough to go home, I usually cry. Or at least tear up.
    But I really get to know them and love them.
    There was one elder man there, who I called Buttercup, and he in turn
    called me Peanut Butter. ^_^ He will write to us and call us, and will
    always request to speak with me. He was a fantastic man. Never forget him! (:

29. Likes ╬Karami Mew~Meow liked this post
    Moderator ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-17-2017 07:39 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: the_wolfie

Quote Originally Posted by Maaylynn View Post
    It is really is upsetting. I love the elderly. So much.
    A lot of other people I work with think that I am not cut out
    for the job, because when either someone passes on, or they have
    recovered enough to go home, I usually cry. Or at least tear up.
    But I really get to know them and love them.
    There was one elder man there, who I called Buttercup, and he in turn
    called me Peanut Butter. ^_^ He will write to us and call us, and will
    always request to speak with me. He was a fantastic man. Never forget him! (:
    Awww, that is so sweet of him Maaylynn
    Wolfie Dango ~*Red*~

Twin sister: Angella_Kagamine

Gil
    Chatty
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

It is. He was a swell guy. =D He even told me I was the best CNA there. ^_^

~The Skylark Rose~ animegirl2365 has a reputation beyond repute animegirl2365 has a reputation beyond repute animegirl2365 has a reputation beyond repute animegirl2365 has a reputation beyond repute animegirl2365 has a reputation beyond repute animegirl2365 has a reputation beyond repute animegirl2365 has a reputation beyond repute animegirl2365 has a reputation beyond repute animegirl2365 has a reputation beyond repute animegirl2365 has a reputation beyond repute animegirl2365 has a reputation beyond repute animegirl2365's Avatar
    Gil
    Chatty
    Gifts Notebook
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-05-2012 09:39 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I just really hate how heartless people can be sometimes. Some people look at elders to be a easy target to get money,jewelry and ect. When people try to beat up or steal from elders I would like them to think about their grandparents or old mom's and dad's getting mugged by strangers and maybe they'd turn the other cheek.

Senior Member Trippy Hippie has a reputation beyond repute Trippy Hippie has a reputation beyond repute Trippy Hippie has a reputation beyond repute Trippy Hippie has a reputation beyond repute Trippy Hippie has a reputation beyond repute Trippy Hippie has a reputation beyond repute Trippy Hippie has a reputation beyond repute Trippy Hippie has a reputation beyond repute Trippy Hippie has a reputation beyond repute Trippy Hippie has a reputation beyond repute Trippy Hippie has a reputation beyond repute Trippy Hippie's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-09-2013 06:13 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Like in my teen thread, I mentioned people are disrespecting elders more and more. It is shameful.
    They should be treated the best out of anyone. They've worked hard their wholes lives, waiting for that retirement day, only to be treated like scum.
    Oh, they don't make money anymore, they're not important.
    I've noticed everyone taking advantage of them. I have no tolerance for that. You'll get no respect from me if you want to push around a harmless senior.
    And the thing is, they're still kind to you, and treat you like gold, no matter what you've done to them and no matter who you are.
    If an elder person wanted my help, I'd be glad they asked. I'd love to make them proud.
    My grandparents come first. Always.

Closed Thread

Thread Information