AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: MTAC Middle Tennessee Anime Convention

Member Darkfyre is on a distinguished road Darkfyre's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Gifts Cheeseburger
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-11-2012 09:38 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Mistearea

Default MTAC Middle Tennessee Anime Convention

The image is the link.

MTAC is a convention held in Music City Nashville every near some time in April. This year it is being held in downtown Nashville, TN on the weekend of April 6-8. I was basically wondering out of curiosity who all is going and on what days.

Who knows? We might even be going to the same Unofficial Meet and Greet that someone is arranging.

Junior Member bunnydemon326 has a reputation beyond repute bunnydemon326 has a reputation beyond repute bunnydemon326 has a reputation beyond repute bunnydemon326 has a reputation beyond repute bunnydemon326 has a reputation beyond repute bunnydemon326 has a reputation beyond repute bunnydemon326 has a reputation beyond repute bunnydemon326 has a reputation beyond repute bunnydemon326 has a reputation beyond repute bunnydemon326 has a reputation beyond repute bunnydemon326 has a reputation beyond repute bunnydemon326's Avatar
    Gil
    Confused
    Gifts Double Bento
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-11-2012 10:04 AM
    Threads

Default Re: MTAC Middle Tennessee Anime Convention

*raises hand* I'm going, I'm going!!! Last year was my first year and I'm super excited about this year!!!!

Gil
    Tired
    Gifts Cheeseburger
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by bunnydemon326 View Post
    *raises hand* I'm going, I'm going!!! Last year was my first year and I'm super excited about this year!!!!
    Really?! This is my first con EVER! Are you going to the Meet-and-Greet Thurday night?

Junior Member bunnydemon326 has a reputation beyond repute bunnydemon326 has a reputation beyond repute bunnydemon326 has a reputation beyond repute bunnydemon326 has a reputation beyond repute bunnydemon326 has a reputation beyond repute bunnydemon326 has a reputation beyond repute bunnydemon326 has a reputation beyond repute bunnydemon326 has a reputation beyond repute bunnydemon326 has a reputation beyond repute bunnydemon326 has a reputation beyond repute bunnydemon326 has a reputation beyond repute bunnydemon326's Avatar
    Gil
    Confused
    Gifts Double Bento
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Meet-and-Greet? I don't know what that is, so no. I'm staying with a friend that weekend and her mom is the transportation for us (refuses to drive in Nashville). But I will be there all three days.

Gil
    Tired
    Gifts Cheeseburger
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Meet-and-Greet? I don't know what that is, so no. I'm staying with a friend that weekend and her mom is the transportation for us (refuses to drive in Nashville). But I will be there all three days.
    It's something that some of the con-goers are putting together to have fun and eat supper the night before it starts.

Sweet! Sorry, I'm just ecstatic to find someone going to the con online. We've gotta meet up!

Gil
    Confused
    Gifts Double Bento
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

We totally should! However, I'm not familiar with the convention center since it's not where we were last year so I won't know where things are until I get there. Haha....We'll probably have to wear signs or something. Lol.

Gil
    Tired
    Gifts Cheeseburger
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

We totally should! However, I'm not familiar with the convention center since it's not where we were last year so I won't know where things are until I get there. Haha....We'll probably have to wear signs or something. Lol.

The only thing that I know for a fact that I will wear is my hat. It's a tan one with an orange "T" on the front and "Vols" on the back. I know that I'll be stayin' the first night at the first official hotel for the con.

Gil
    Confused
    Gifts Double Bento
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

My best friend and I will be cosplaying as Rin and Len Kagamine from Vocaloid, but there were several people cosplaying as them last year so there might be several of them running around.

Gil
    Tired
    Gifts Cheeseburger
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

My best friend and I will be cosplaying as Rin and Len Kagamine from Vocaloid, but there were several people cosplaying as them last year so there might be several of them running around.
    Hmm... The only people that I'm going with that are cosplaying is a couple friends dressing up as Rin and Sesshomaru from InuYasha. If I had the money to get the stuff, I would have dressed up as Garterbelt from Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt.

Gil
    Confused
    Gifts Double Bento
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

There might not be many dressing up as them so if I see them I'll talk to them. Haha...You can always go up to every Rin and Len you see and ask. Lol.

Gil
    Tired
    Gifts Cheeseburger
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

There might not be many dressing up as them so if I see them I'll talk to them. Haha...You can always go up to every Rin and Len you see and ask. Lol.
    lol Yup! I'll go up to them and ask, "Are you a bunnydemon in disquise?"

Gil
    Confused
    Gifts Double Bento
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

You totally should and see how many weird looks you get!!!! Lol. But seriously, it might have to come to that. I'll do it! I'm assuming your friends know your online name, right?

Junior Member bling is on a distinguished road bling's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-04-2012 03:03 AM
    Threads

thank looks fantastic!!!!

Gil
    Tired
    Gifts Cheeseburger
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

You totally should and see how many weird looks you get!!!! Lol. But seriously, it might have to come to that. I'll do it! I'm assuming your friends know your online name, right?
    To be honest, I'm wanting those wierd looks. They tend to make me laugh.

No, but one of the friends that I'm riding with would know the name "Darkfyre". It's the name of an old RP chara of mine so he knows about it. But I'll tell you what. If you happen to see a guy standing at about 6'2, wearing steel toed boots, a tan(almost brown) hat for the Tennessee Vols, glasses and a Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 shirt, that is likely me.

Quote Originally Posted by bling
    thank looks fantastic!!!!
    I've heard that it is. A friend tells me that it's really fun and I've been keeping an eye on it since MTAC 3, I think.
    Last edited by Darkfyre; 03-28-2012 at 11:04 AM.

Gil
    Confused
    Gifts Double Bento
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I would say we could try to find a time to meet up in the Dealer Room, but that place is usually so crowded you can hardly move. It would really help if one of us was familiar with convention center....Is the friend that is familiar with Darkfyre dressing up?

Gil
    Tired
    Gifts Cheeseburger
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

I would say we could try to find a time to meet up in the Dealer Room, but that place is usually so crowded you can hardly move. It would really help if one of us was familiar with convention center....Is the friend that is familiar with Darkfyre dressing up?
    No, he's like me and didn't have the money. Hmm... The most that I can think of is to look over the schedule for the events and coordinate a rendevous during one of them.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

Gil
    Confused
    Gifts Double Bento
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I think the panel schedule is up, but I haven't really looked for it.

Gil
    Tired
    Gifts Cheeseburger
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

I think the panel schedule is up, but I haven't really looked for it.

It's the preliminary schedule. They say that it's subject to change, but a friend says that it doesn't change much.

Gil
    Confused
    Gifts Double Bento
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I have a copy of it now, but someone on Gaia told me that they've already made a couple of changes that haven't been changed on the schedule yet. I can tell you now that I will most likely be at the two voice acting panels and the Vocaloid panel.

Gil
    Tired
    Gifts Cheeseburger
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

I must say that I rather enjoy the little joke this place has pulled. Much better than this other site, for adult reasons I am not allowed to mention, pulled.

But if you mean Voice Acting 101 and So you want to be a voice actor, so will I. ...Okay, maybe not the first one. It would all depend if I sign up for the Blitzball Tournament. But that's on Saturday. On Friday I'll be at the Jason David Frank events, How not to be a creep and other geek dating tips and How to be a college Otaku. Otherwise, I don't know.

Gil
    Confused
    Gifts Double Bento
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Haha...Pirate talk!!! Awesome! Lol.

Anyways, I want to be a voice actor so I'm interested in both of those panels. They had a Vocaloid panel last year that I wanted to go to, but my friend want to go to a different one scheduled for the same time so I think we're going to try to go to it this year. I also hear that there is going to be a Vocaloid photo shoot after the panel, and since we are going as Vocaloid characters, we will most likely be going to that.

Gil
    Tired
    Gifts Cheeseburger
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Anyways, I want to be a voice actor so I'm interested in both of those panels.

You want to be a voice actor too?! Going by what Monica Rial told us, it's best to just kinda do it as a side thing. She doesn't make much money from it and she makes more money from this radio thing she does. She also says to take classes for theater in school to really help you out.

Gil
    Confused
    Gifts Double Bento
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I know. That's what Vic Mignogna said. I'm kind of sad. I don't think he's going to be there this year because he isn't on the guest list yet. I'm so happy I got a chance to see him last year.

Gil
    Tired
    Gifts Cheeseburger
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

I know. That's what Vic Mignogna said. I'm kind of sad. I don't think he's going to be there this year because he isn't on the guest list yet. I'm so happy I got a chance to see him last year.
    Grrr! You got to meet him! I have yet to meet a single VA. I only know what Monica Rial said because that's what she told me and this other girl on her Facebook Fan Page.

Gil
    Confused
    Gifts Double Bento
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I was really excited about meeting Vic Mignogna last year because he's my voice acting role model. Though, I acted like a total dork. I'm already a really shy person by nature so that added on to meeting my role model. Lol.

Anyways, I'm not totally sure what panels my friend and I will be going to. We plan on organizing that late Thursday night. I can try to get online then and, if anything, we can try to organize a meeting for Saturday.

You know what? Do you have any IM's? It would probably be easier to communicate through that if you do.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information