AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Battle of the Month November Phase 2 Results

Saved Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices's Avatar
    Gil
    Bashful
    Gifts Telescope Baka Be Mine
    Mentioned
    298 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-21-2014 10:13 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Default Battle of the Month November Phase 2 Results

Aw man, this was a tough one. The two judges had pretty much the exact opposite responses, so I had to ask a third person to give their opinion.

Daken vs. Ultear:

Judge 1:
    Pretty interesting matchup this time. Daken's entry looks a little odd; the character has a comic feel to him while the background is bright and 3D. The flow is a little off and the text, while it isn't bad, isn't really that great. I do like the color scheme though, and the overall way the sig looks.

Ultear's entry is more or less the same. The character is comic/anime styled and the effects are more 3D looking. The text in this one is even plainer than Daken's. In the end, I'll have to go with Daken's because of the text.

Judge 2:

Daken: This is a nice piece with decent lighting, but it looks like a bunch of effects laid over each other. The stock is not great quality, there's very little flow, and the mix of swooshes with rectangles just throws everything off. The text is fine, though, and I love the colors.

Ultear: Depth, composition, quality, what's not to like? This piece has absolutely perfectly flow. It takes you swooping over the stock and off into the distance effortlessly. The colors and text are fine. My only complaint is the lack of apparent lighting, but otherwise this is Ultear's best work ever.

Judge 3:
    For the first pair, I'm leaning more towards Daken's. Ultear's is too.. Well, filled with too many bubbles. They were drawing away from the character. Daken's has just the right amount of balance.

Seung-li vs. Tatty

Judge 1:
    I like both of these. Seung's kinda gives off a magical feel that I always thought Wonder Woman had. Nice use of effects, The text is pretty cool, my only problem is the placement of wonder woman, and the colors. She's a little far off to the side, and the colors look like they could've used a little touch up, maybe some gradient maps and such.

Tatty's is pretty unique. Unlike anyone else's entries, his places more emphasis on the fact that it's a comic. The compo is good, and I got a good chuckle off from the text. From its style, I'd say it fits the theme a little better than Seungs. My only bad point on this one is the border...it looks oddly tilted. I'd say straighten that out and we've got a winner.

So I vote for tatty.

Judge 2:

Seung-li GMV, though this one was tougher.

Seung: I love the lighting and sparkliness of this piece. It's not blended as well as I would like, but you did a way better job of that than Tatty did. The text is perfect, and the colors are fine. I'm not a huge fan of the stock taking up 90% of the sig, but it's not too glaring in this case.

Tatty: For this one, the stock taking up 90% doesn't work at all. This sig is batman, a tilted white border, and some speech bubbles. That's it. No depth, no lighting, no nothing. Is it terrible? Absolutely not. Is it awesome? Absolutely not. It's perfectly banal.

Judge 3:
    For the second pair, Seung-li's is supreme. It's simplistic in its design, which I've always preferred. King Tatty's has too many words in it. The words draw your eyes instead of the picture as a whole.

Odd one out: Marudashi

Those moving on to the next round:
    Participant List (3/16):
    @Daken
    @Seung-li
    @MaruDashi

Sig by Feferi <3

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first."
    -Mark Twain

The Palmtop Tiger blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts Hedgehog PPG Bubbles Alice
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-13-2018 07:05 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: blueangel06661 Steam ID: blueangel06661

Default Re: Battle of the Month November Phase 2 Results

Congratulations everyone!

今日...明日...永遠に...
    Interested in Pop-Up Cafes in Japan? Dango News is the place for you.
    Dango News
    | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram

3. Thanks Zenister thanked for this post
    Likes Zenister liked this post
+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information