AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: PMS in a relationship

They should have named it Doom4 or something DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM!'s Avatar
    Gil
    Drunk
    Gifts Binoculars Kawaiislice Medkit
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-08-2023 04:46 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Some women, who think they are neo-pagan Earth-mother-goddess-worshiping uber stupid hippies, have decided that PMS are really cool, and the only reason other women don't think so is because they have been taken in by the 'Period Disgustingness Conspiracy', a joint product of the Manocentric Maleocracy and Tampax Inc. These women call their PMS 'Moontime', probably because like the full moon, it drives everyone effing crazy. Some of them even go so far as to paint with their PMS blood, ensuring they will create a high-quality product sought after by art collectors such as Jeffrey Dahmer (and a strange smell for weeks to come).
    Last edited by DOOM!; 11-24-2008 at 04:17 PM.

It's never safe to turn off your computer - Silent Strike

Senior Member Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Threads
    Blog Entries

In a relationship, which is a balance of compromise and patience, PMS is going to sometimes cause problems. But any experienced, understanding, mature and patient partner is going to learn to work with them; after all, they are a normal part of female life, and well, life with a female. When you date us, you do get the whole package, annoying moods and all, you know.

To be honest though, I don't think people should be used as scapegoats for any problem, even if it is a hormonally charged one. I know i've had some pretty bad mood swings, but I always have to end up controlling myself to avoid killing the people who annoy me during that time.

It's hard, but it's not fair to make those suffer around you, if you can help it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.McDoom!: Reloaded
    Some women, who think they are neo-pagan Earth-mother-goddess-worshiping uber stupid hippies, have decided that PMS are really cool, and the only reason other women don't think so is because they have been taken in by the 'Period Disgustingness Conspiracy', a joint product of the Manocentric Maleocracy and Tampax Inc. These women call their PMS 'Moontime', probably because like the full moon, it drives everyone effing crazy. Some of them even go so far as to paint with their PMS blood, ensuring they will create a high-quality product sought after by art collectors such as Jeffrey Dahmer (and a strange smell for weeks to come).
    Well, there is no way to paint with pre-period blood, unless you bleed before your time, I guess, but yea, i'm not into all of that; I don't make art of it, it is not a fun or spiritual time, I simply can't wait until it is over. To me, it's messy, painful, nothing but a hassle, and only a good thing if you're not fond of getting pregnant.
    Last edited by Miss Moonlight; 11-25-2008 at 02:00 AM.
    月の光は愛のメッセージ

Junior Member Phelanar is a jewel in the rough Phelanar is a jewel in the rough Phelanar is a jewel in the rough Phelanar is a jewel in the rough Phelanar's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-29-2008 02:17 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by moonlightkisu View Post
    In a relationship, which is a balance of compromise and patience, PMS is going to sometimes cause problems. But any experienced, understanding, mature and patient partner is going to learn to work with them; after all, they are a normal part of female life, and well, life with a female. When you date us, you do get the whole package, annoying moods and all, you know.

To be honest though, I don't think people should be used as scapegoats for any problem, even if it is a hormonally charged one. I know I've had some pretty bad mood swings, but I always have to end up controlling myself to avoid killing the people who annoy me during that time. It's hard, but it's not fair to make those suffer around you, if you can help it.
    Yes. This, in a nutshell. A sane approach.

All About POWAH! Wilson has a reputation beyond repute Wilson has a reputation beyond repute Wilson has a reputation beyond repute Wilson has a reputation beyond repute Wilson has a reputation beyond repute Wilson has a reputation beyond repute Wilson has a reputation beyond repute Wilson has a reputation beyond repute Wilson has a reputation beyond repute Wilson has a reputation beyond repute Wilson has a reputation beyond repute Wilson's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-09-2011 10:24 AM
    Threads

Well, I skimmed the wiki page on PMS, (making me an expert on the topic) and it seems to me that it's really just discomfort/pain in some awkward places. I suppose if you're in a constant painful state your temper is gunna get a little short, that being said, there's no need to go around ripping people's heads off cos you're sore.

My girlfriend doesn't tend to get very bad during.....that time, in fact, it's hardly ever any problem at all, and usually I kinda pick up the hints before I light any fuses, but there have been times where she'll get really ticked off over something I say, we'll argue, I'll feel bad, thinking I've been too difficult or irritating for the last week or something, go and apologize, and then she'll tell me something along the lines of "it's ok, I'm sorry too, well, it was that time..." It kinda ticks me off, because it's like I feel all guilty after we fight, but YOU get to brush it off with no explanation for your behavior other than "it was that time of the month."

Goddess (Mom <333) Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako's Avatar
    Gil
    Busy
    Gifts Dr Who Tardis Dr Who SonicScrewdriver Dr Who K9
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-05-2011 02:24 PM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Allow me to explain that this "discomfort/pain" is different in all women. Some women have so much pain that it is debilitating and you cannot function.... say lets have you get kicked in the nuts, once every half hour 24 hours a day for three days straight. oh and if you happen to get a little "moody" everyone screams its not fair and you should just "deal with it".

Its also a massive hormonal change in women, so there goes your "discomfort in some places theory". Lets take away your testosterone and see if your behavior changes eh?
    A simple kiss can warm an entire body

Senior Member Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Minako View Post
    Allow me to explain that this "discomfort/pain" is different in all women. Some women have so much pain that it is debilitating and you cannot function.... say lets have you get kicked in the nuts, once every half hour 24 hours a day for three days straight. oh and if you happen to get a little "moody" everyone screams its not fair and you should just "deal with it".

Its also a massive hormonal change in women, so there goes your "discomfort in some places theory". Lets take away your testosterone and see if your behavior changes eh?
    Hah! i've always wanted to say that to my past bf's when they told me I was "just being irrational" (which I suppose I was), but there was no understanding or even attempting to understand me or it, anyway.

I would like to see a couple of them trade places for a least 1 day and see if they can handle it. There's understanding for you! heh. I also have insane food cravings and libido changes during then, too.
    Last edited by Miss Moonlight; 11-25-2008 at 08:57 PM.
    月の光は愛のメッセージ

AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    rikumi has a reputation beyond repute rikumi has a reputation beyond repute rikumi has a reputation beyond repute rikumi has a reputation beyond repute rikumi has a reputation beyond repute rikumi has a reputation beyond repute rikumi has a reputation beyond repute rikumi has a reputation beyond repute rikumi has a reputation beyond repute rikumi has a reputation beyond repute rikumi has a reputation beyond repute rikumi's Avatar
    Gil
    Bahahaha
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-21-2016 07:19 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

lawls to what Princess Minako said.

Anyways, the problem still lies with: Should women be treated nicely by men in a relationship because they may 'suffer' from PMS monthly?

If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate.
    =Randomness is my Forte.=
    Procrastination.
    Tentacles.
    (gasp)

【Twitter】
    【Hear My Voice】
    Singer-songwriter / Artist / Cosplayer / Animation Student

Senior Member Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-18-2023 05:24 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SigmaSD View Post
    It ain't your fault. If you think that's an argument, then I'm sorry for you women who have to put up with us men when we're acting immaturely. Example- The I'm too manly thread. Many of us put really stupid things in there.
    Every single "too manly" thread was created by Eris, a female.

say lets have you get kicked in the nuts, once every half hour 24 hours a day for three days straight.
    Huh? Men have abdominal cramps, too. Why are you comparing it to something worse?
    The key phrase is "some women". Look at what Wikipedia says
    The number of women who experience PMS depends entirely on the stringency of the definition of PMS.[18] While 80% of menstruating women have experienced at least one symptom that could be attributed to PMS, estimates of prevalence range from as low as 3%[19] to as high as 30%.[18]

Senior Member Kazuma Kuwabara has a reputation beyond repute Kazuma Kuwabara has a reputation beyond repute Kazuma Kuwabara has a reputation beyond repute Kazuma Kuwabara has a reputation beyond repute Kazuma Kuwabara has a reputation beyond repute Kazuma Kuwabara has a reputation beyond repute Kazuma Kuwabara has a reputation beyond repute Kazuma Kuwabara has a reputation beyond repute Kazuma Kuwabara has a reputation beyond repute Kazuma Kuwabara has a reputation beyond repute Kazuma Kuwabara has a reputation beyond repute Kazuma Kuwabara's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-19-2009 10:40 AM
    Threads

That's in no way equal. You can't be kicked in the balls and experience PMS, so you can't compare them. Also, being kicked in the balls every half hour for 2 days would be somewhat crippling physically, while most of the time PMS affects womens moods, and does not cause them actual physical harm.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.McDoom!: Reloaded View Post
    I used to think that this market was exclusive to women, then I discovered semen art. Now I'm just creeped out.
    Last edited by Kazuma Kuwabara; 11-25-2008 at 11:11 PM.

AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    rikumi has a reputation beyond repute rikumi has a reputation beyond repute rikumi has a reputation beyond repute rikumi has a reputation beyond repute rikumi has a reputation beyond repute rikumi has a reputation beyond repute rikumi has a reputation beyond repute rikumi has a reputation beyond repute rikumi has a reputation beyond repute rikumi has a reputation beyond repute rikumi has a reputation beyond repute rikumi's Avatar
    Gil
    Bahahaha
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-21-2016 07:19 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kazuma Kuwabara View Post
    That's in no way equal. You can't be kicked in the balls and experience PMS, so you can't compare them. Also, being kicked in the balls every half hour for 2 days would be somewhat crippling physically, while most of the time PMS affects womens moods, and does not cause them actual physical harm.
    You would have to be a female to know that. There are cases that young women going through puberty suffer from PMS due to unsuitable/unhealthy food consumption, and during their period they might be physically harmed in the inside, causing the pain and stress for them, thus bad mood.
    Sometimes they might feel extremely pain such that they could not even move, therefore they have to rest, even taking a few days of leave. Then again it might effect their academics and jobs, even daily activities.

If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate.
    =Randomness is my Forte.=
    Procrastination.
    Tentacles.
    (gasp)

【Twitter】
    【Hear My Voice】
    Singer-songwriter / Artist / Cosplayer / Animation Student

Goddess (Mom <333) Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako's Avatar
    Gil
    Busy
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Uhm I was comparing pain ratios, so that you could get the idea that some women experience that level of pain with menstruation.

Also obviously anything posted on the interwebs must be true, especially if its an open source informational site right?

Wikipedia should never be quoted as fact, hence why any and all educational institutions do not allow that as a credible source. I could edit it today to say "All women experience severe menstrual cramps that cause their uterus to jump out and run around in circles", and people would accept it as fact.

I've found most data on their to be incorrect or massively outdated.

PMS does affect moods, and does cause real physical pain. Pain is caused by the uterine muscles contracting uncontrollably. Its really painful. Its not the same as "abdominal cramps", which are caused due to stomach and/or intestine. (which you can have as well as menstrual cramps by the way).

All About POWAH! Wilson has a reputation beyond repute Wilson has a reputation beyond repute Wilson has a reputation beyond repute Wilson has a reputation beyond repute Wilson has a reputation beyond repute Wilson has a reputation beyond repute Wilson has a reputation beyond repute Wilson has a reputation beyond repute Wilson has a reputation beyond repute Wilson has a reputation beyond repute Wilson has a reputation beyond repute Wilson's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

say lets have you get kicked in the nuts, once every half hour 24 hours a day for three days straight.
    Uhm I was comparing pain ratios, so that you could get the idea that some women experience that level of pain with menstruation.
    No way can that be compared. Getting kicked in the nuts can drop just about any guy straight to their knees. If PMS was as painful as that, then every busy public area would be full of women just randomly falling to the floor in pain....

And as for all of your wikipedia BLASPHEMY..... One, you can't just go randomly changing things on wikipedia.....if you could then why are there not swear words and racial slurs all over the place? I've seen people try, it doesn't work. And besides, the vast majority of wiki articles are just compilations of data taken from other, "reliable" sources and put together on one page. I see no problem at all using wikipedia in a debate like this one....

Senior Member Kazuma Kuwabara has a reputation beyond repute Kazuma Kuwabara has a reputation beyond repute Kazuma Kuwabara has a reputation beyond repute Kazuma Kuwabara has a reputation beyond repute Kazuma Kuwabara has a reputation beyond repute Kazuma Kuwabara has a reputation beyond repute Kazuma Kuwabara has a reputation beyond repute Kazuma Kuwabara has a reputation beyond repute Kazuma Kuwabara has a reputation beyond repute Kazuma Kuwabara has a reputation beyond repute Kazuma Kuwabara has a reputation beyond repute Kazuma Kuwabara's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Also obviously anything posted on the interwebs must be true, especially if its an open source informational site right?

Wikipedia should never be quoted as fact, hence why any and all educational institutions do not allow that as a credible source. I could edit it today to say "All women experience severe menstrual cramps that cause their uterus to jump out and run around in circles", and people would accept it as fact.

I've found most data on their to be incorrect or massively outdated.

PMS does affect moods, and does cause real physical pain. Pain is caused by the uterine muscles contracting uncontrollably. Its really painful. Its not the same as "abdominal cramps", which are caused due to stomach and/or intestine. (which you can have as well as menstrual cramps by the way).
    Yes but I was saying that being kicked in the balls so much would harm you as in damage your body, not just cause pain. Plus, I doubt PMS is anywhere near as painful. Being kicked in the nuts is an ordeal. It hurts like hell, then it feels weird for about 20-45 minutes. You'd be in a constant state of extreme pain that got worse and worse with every kick. I think it's a bit of an exaggeration to compare that to PMS.

Senior Member Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Gifts Present Bomb Aquarius
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-17-2014 05:45 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

I'm sure if a guy had a taste of what even one period is like, he'd be whining more than the woman.

ein, zwei, drei, vier bin endlich weg von Dir
    fünf, sechs, sieben, acht Du hast jetzt keine Macht

They should have named it Doom4 or something DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM!'s Avatar
    Gil
    Drunk
    Gifts Binoculars Kawaiislice Medkit
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-08-2023 04:46 AM
    Threads

Princess Minako is only right about Wikipedia not being a fully reliable source. Wilson's right about Wikipedia being adequate for this forum; it IS teh internetz, after all.
    That's a poorly thought out analogy you had there. Allow me to give out a corresponding example: Say you ate a can of Uncle Ben's white beans, which expired last week, and nothing else, and hours later, you enter a No Fart zone. The crawling pain that goes down your guts can even be debilitating as you strive not to fart, and when you do, you're just being "irrational" but it feels good, at least for awhile.
    Lets take away your testosterone and see if your behavior changes eh?
    I don't think you'd want that. +10 Aggression, +5 Dementia, +5 Melee and Ranged Damage, -2 Dexterity, +0 Physical pain (disregarding gradual atrophy).

It's never safe to turn off your computer - Silent Strike

Gil
    Busy
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Wow for people who have never experienced menstrual cramps you seem to be very knowledgeable to tell me that the pain isn't equal. But yet when a female says that menstrual cramps ARE worse than that they are wrong, because they don't know how painful it is without experiencing it.

Pot... kettle.... blackish?

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I refer you back to my last comment then. You would all literally be falling to the floor if it was the same. I dunno how bad it DOES hurt for girls, but it's pretty obvious how bad it DOESN'T hurt....
    Last edited by Wilson; 11-26-2008 at 05:16 PM. Reason: Obsessive Compulsive Disorder

Gil
    Busy
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

uhm women DO, they physiologically have a higher pain tolerance than men. Women are evolutionarily built to have children and survive, men are not. Women have a second layer of epidermis. The pain IS debilitating to the point where some women CANNOT move and can only lay there and cry, and its constant for days. IMHO if any man had to tolerate what a women does every month, treatment would be much different and "get over it" wouldn't be an option.

Senior Member Zombiliciouss has a reputation beyond repute Zombiliciouss has a reputation beyond repute Zombiliciouss has a reputation beyond repute Zombiliciouss has a reputation beyond repute Zombiliciouss has a reputation beyond repute Zombiliciouss has a reputation beyond repute Zombiliciouss has a reputation beyond repute Zombiliciouss has a reputation beyond repute Zombiliciouss has a reputation beyond repute Zombiliciouss has a reputation beyond repute Zombiliciouss has a reputation beyond repute Zombiliciouss's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-08-2009 09:34 PM
    Threads

Men are expected to not whine or complain. Ever. Some guys I know could be sawing wood and chop off their leg, then say "I'm alright." Even though I don't know how much PMS could hurt. I don't think it's anywhere comparable to a kick to the nads. I'm sure it is more of an ache then a sharp pain. (please confirm/deny.) Though Women are meant to go through it. They do about once a month. Men are not physically meant to take a kick to the nads. I'm sure it's much different.

Steam ID: Zombilicious

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

uhm women DO, they physiologically have a higher pain tolerance than men. Women are evolutionarily built to have children and survive, men are not. Women have a second layer of epidermis. The pain IS debilitating to the point where some women CANNOT move and can only lay there and cry, and its constant for days. IMHO if any man had to tolerate what a women does every month, treatment would be much different and "get over it" wouldn't be an option.
    I dunno....it's common knowledge that men are far less likely to seek medical help for pain and illness than women are. "Get over it" is pretty much EXACTLY what males (as a whole) do...you said women are physiologically built to take more pain, but the vast majority of pain tolerance is a mental thing, and mentally, men take pain better. That's not a sexist comment, in most cases, it's true. "Boys don't cry" is lodged in the mind of every young boy and they keep that mentality all through life.

Don't get the wrong idea, I have no doubts that it hurts, and it hurts allot, and I'm sympathetic over anyone who has to deal with pain they can't make go away, and I definitely don't agree with telling a woman to get over it. But I've yet to meet the girl who could take getting hurt better than I could, so I find it hard to believe the "You'd be bawling if it was you" thing....

Gil
    Busy
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

obviously this is an impasse, you don't believe anything because you will never feel that pain. I have felt that pain, and in describing it to the many men I've met in my life, including brothers, husband, and/or past boyfriends, they've all compared it to what I have described to you.

PMS is not just "moodiness" and if I've gotten one person to realize this then I've done what I've set out to do. Its not as simple or as easy as guys seem to categorize it as. Its hormonal fluctuations that mirror what a detoxing crack addict experiences, its blinding pain that has kept me out of school three days a month before drugs. It can be managed with birthcontrol and/or pain medication... but what does birth control do... manages hormone levels.

Additionally men have accused me of being "PMS"y when I haven't been anywhere near my period. Why, because most of the men I've run into cannot handle a strong female. Anytime I'm in chat and dealing with someone who has broken rules, and I have to warn/kick/ban them I get accused of having PMS. The timing of my menstrual cycle doesn't even come to play, if I'm behaving not as a complacent female, OBVIOUSLY I'm on my period. duh!

In the end, men need to learn sensitivity and gender competency. Stop blaming every time a female finally speaks her mind on PMS, and realize that women DO go through a lot more than you give them credit for. Pain isn't all mental, there is a neurotransmitter that is responsible for pain recognition, and it takes a certain threshold to hit that, a certain level of stimulus sends that transmitter off. Women are built to withstand more pain than men, and men don't realize that monthly, women do. Just because socially men are told not to show it, doesn't mean they can handle more of it. What if women were told socially not to show it, have you ever worn a corset for hours on end? its painful. have you ever had to wear heels for 8 hours a day while walking on your feet, its painful. There have been a lot of times in history where women have had to endure blinding pain and suck it up for societies sake. The whole "passing out in a corset" thing, its real, those things can be cinched so tight you cannot breathe, squeezing your body. Women sucked it up and didn't whine. I suggest trying it and moving around for hours to see how it feels. Women of the victorian period would make you look like a wuss. Same sex, same race, but somehow women now are weaker? I don't think so. you are basing it all off what society is NOW showing you.

Senior Member Prince Sapphire has a reputation beyond repute Prince Sapphire has a reputation beyond repute Prince Sapphire has a reputation beyond repute Prince Sapphire has a reputation beyond repute Prince Sapphire has a reputation beyond repute Prince Sapphire has a reputation beyond repute Prince Sapphire has a reputation beyond repute Prince Sapphire has a reputation beyond repute Prince Sapphire has a reputation beyond repute Prince Sapphire has a reputation beyond repute Prince Sapphire has a reputation beyond repute Prince Sapphire's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-13-2010 04:12 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Minaki... I don't disagree with you on the pain aspect of PMS, but I don't think that makes it right for women to lash out at others. Not squarely at men either, I've witnessed my own sister throw random fits at my mom--fits that I can only assume were due to that as they were very random and un-called for.

But I also believe it's very heartless of men to assume that women are as "tough" as them and should just "get over it". While PMS isn't one of them, I've dealt with some astonishing physical pain in my life as well (a fairly bad car wreck being one of them), so, please let's not assume that I entirely don't know what pain is. You'd be right to say I don't understand what consistent physical pain is but I do realize it's not something dealt with easily.

As far as relationships go, in my experience the problem with PMS-related tiffs in relationships is usually due to a little lack of heart from both sides. While not easy, the female should at least make an attempt to not lash out at her partner, while the male... well, unfortunately we guys can't quite make the pain go away but I believe trying to support the gals emotionally and not making snide macho remarks can go a long way towards reducing turbulence.

This is all just my opinion though, take it for what it is..

Gil
    Busy
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

You cannot fairly judge the level of pain that menstruation a female delivers. You do not understand that sometimes YOU CANNOT HELP LASHING OUT.

Are we all passing over the HORMONAL IMBALENCE part of this? Not that it is an excuse for all bad behavior, but if a female is a bit short tempered, even when they are not menstruating, men accuse them of this. When you have a hormone that is an endorphine, and suddenly you don't get it anymore, its not gradual, its not eventual, its a sudden stop in the production PERIOD, you can't help but have emotional mood swings. As I stated before, and will again and again until it gets through, it is the same chemical reaction as a crack addict stopping cold turkey. I don't see anyone in a hospital with an ex smoker, alcoholic, or drug addict detoxing saying "hey get over it, suck it up, wuss".

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

You cannot fairly judge the level of pain that menstruation a female delivers. You do not understand that sometimes YOU CANNOT HELP LASHING OUT.

Are we all passing over the HORMONAL IMBALENCE part of this? Not that it is an excuse for all bad behavior, but if a female is a bit short tempered, even when they are not menstruating, men accuse them of this. When you have a hormone that is an endorphine, and suddenly you don't get it anymore, its not gradual, its not eventual, its a sudden stop in the production PERIOD, you can't help but have emotional mood swings. As I stated before, and will again and again until it gets through, it is the same chemical reaction as a crack addict stopping cold turkey. I don't see anyone in a hospital with an ex smoker, alcoholic, or drug addict detoxing saying "hey get over it, suck it up, wuss".
    ..But you're comparing this to getting kicked in the balls. When a guy is kicked in the balls squarely he will most likely double over and squirm around in pain, yet women who aren't always falling over randomly apparently feel worse pain, and now women give up crack every month as well? I think you're exaggerating.

Nanobyte's minion SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD's Avatar
    Gil
    Sleepy
    Gifts Luna Cake Lie Soras Keyblade
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-20-2017 06:47 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 1596-5790-7816-3407

I have to say that this argument is pointless. Women will never know how painful it is when a guy gets kicked where he shouldn't, while men will never experience menstrual cycles. You can't compare the two, for no one will experience both.

I do however, feel for the ladies. They have to go through many hardships in their life, such as the menstrual cycle, childbirth, and menopause. Some men also experience menopause, but in a very different way. The only other thing that affects men is getting kicked below the belt, but that scenario is a variable, not a constant like the menstrual cycle. So a man could go through life not getting kicked there, but a women still has to suffer through their painful ordeals.

Closed Thread

Thread Information