AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Nyokou's [lame] Graphics

Member Nyokou has a reputation beyond repute Nyokou has a reputation beyond repute Nyokou has a reputation beyond repute Nyokou has a reputation beyond repute Nyokou has a reputation beyond repute Nyokou has a reputation beyond repute Nyokou has a reputation beyond repute Nyokou has a reputation beyond repute Nyokou has a reputation beyond repute Nyokou has a reputation beyond repute Nyokou has a reputation beyond repute Nyokou's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheerful
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-08-2012 10:00 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Nyokou PSN ID: Nyokou Steam ID: Nyokou Wii Code: 8153 9091 2300 2110

Default Nyokou's [lame] Graphics

Hi everyone. I haven't shared my signatures or avatars with anyone online for quite a while... so, here we go! Uhm, let's see... I've been playing around with programs like Photoshop and GIMP for a while now. I started using Photoshop way back in in the early to mid 2000s, not really sure when to be honest. But I've been using just GIMP now for about 2 years. I've learned a lot of things on the way... when I first started using GIMP I was absolutely horrified cause I didn't know what I was doing.

I still pretty much don't.

Now, I will say this - I don't claim to be an expert. In fact most of the stuff I make is total garbage. I'm not going to pretend I'm some know-it-all who puts together the super best things in the world. Yes, I know I suck. Yes, I could learn some more from people who are waaaaay better than me. And yes, 98% of the time I do throw things together in hopes of making it look good.

Here is some of my recent work (also take a look at the header for this thread & my current sig):

Signatures & Banners

Any feedback is welcome. Oldest to newest avatars start from the right. Oldest to newest sigs & banners start from the bottom. My current signature was made before the Party Queen/Hamasaki Ayumi sig and the header for this thread is the most recent. Like I said, I pretty much just throw stuff together without thinking most of the time.

The Palmtop Tiger blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts Hedgehog PPG Bubbles Alice
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-13-2018 07:05 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: blueangel06661 Steam ID: blueangel06661

Default Re: Nyokou's [lame] Graphics

You're on the right track, I like your works. But you do need to deviate from cropping a few images together and then putting text on it or taking an image and only putting text and a gradient on it and things of the like.

But I do have to say you nailed the style/flow people aim for when people to kpop things. I just think you need to go a bit above and beyond with your editing now.

今日...明日...永遠に...
    Interested in Pop-Up Cafes in Japan? Dango News is the place for you.
    Dango News
    | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram

AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    nanashipiero has a reputation beyond repute nanashipiero has a reputation beyond repute nanashipiero has a reputation beyond repute nanashipiero has a reputation beyond repute nanashipiero has a reputation beyond repute nanashipiero has a reputation beyond repute nanashipiero has a reputation beyond repute nanashipiero has a reputation beyond repute nanashipiero has a reputation beyond repute nanashipiero has a reputation beyond repute nanashipiero has a reputation beyond repute nanashipiero's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Cowboy Hat Mario Chain Chomp Venus Star Wand Top
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-30-2013 07:51 PM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

I agree with @blueangel06661

Your graphics have a lot of potential . At least you have different styles, lol. I just like making rainbow-y sparkly stuff (like my avatar XD). I think you just need to try some harder things, like using different types of brushes and stuff like that.

But after some practice, you'll definitely be a good graphics designer.

Y'know, you just inspired me to create a graphics thread of my own~

As a random side note, RISA NIIGAKI?! I love her~

Member Nyokou has a reputation beyond repute Nyokou has a reputation beyond repute Nyokou has a reputation beyond repute Nyokou has a reputation beyond repute Nyokou has a reputation beyond repute Nyokou has a reputation beyond repute Nyokou has a reputation beyond repute Nyokou has a reputation beyond repute Nyokou has a reputation beyond repute Nyokou has a reputation beyond repute Nyokou has a reputation beyond repute Nyokou's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheerful
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

I wouldn't really know where to get good brushes for GIMP but I'll try looking again. I think I tried looking for some brushes before but I didn't really find much. ><' I mean, it's super easy to find brushes for Photoshop but I don't have Photoshop anymore. xD Oh and if you guys know any good tutorial sites for GIMP, I'd appreciate that too. I'll try looking on my own as well.

And yeah, I've noticed that I keep doing the same things over and over and whenever I 'discover' some new technique in GIMP, I always incorporate it into everything. Like when I 'discovered' the Supernova effect, I literally made a ton of graphics using it... a lot of them turned out really bad but it was fun. I still need to look through that folder and delete the bad ones though.

I'll try to have some new stuff by next week. ^^ I'll try to challenge myself more this week instead of just throwing things together. xD

I think lately I've preferred a more simple style which is why I don't use many brushes to begin with. I've also been trying to like observe and look at all the different things people post on Tumblr cause there's really a lot of good stuff on there sometimes, so. I also want to learn how to make vectors.

Oh and YES, I love Gaki-san. xD
    Last edited by Nyokou; 03-29-2012 at 09:39 PM.

Geek of Games GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks's Avatar
    Gil
    Paranoid
    Gifts Jade Disc Cookie Cookie
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-28-2017 05:24 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: GameGeeks

Check Deviant Art. You should be able to find gimp brushes and tutorials. I also suggest looking into Gimpshop it converts names and what not to their Photoshop counterpart. Doesn't grant all the features of Photoshop but should allow you to follow some of the more basic Photoshop tutorials without much hassle.

Gil
    Cheerful
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Thank you! I feel like an idiot now... cause I didn't even think to look in DA.

Senior Member .SophieChan~ has a reputation beyond repute .SophieChan~ has a reputation beyond repute .SophieChan~ has a reputation beyond repute .SophieChan~ has a reputation beyond repute .SophieChan~ has a reputation beyond repute .SophieChan~ has a reputation beyond repute .SophieChan~ has a reputation beyond repute .SophieChan~ has a reputation beyond repute .SophieChan~ has a reputation beyond repute .SophieChan~ has a reputation beyond repute .SophieChan~ has a reputation beyond repute .SophieChan~'s Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts Baka Baka Cookie
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-05-2013 12:27 PM
    Threads

Wow. Nice ! Its not that lame. i like it! Keep it up
    Last edited by .SophieChan~; 03-30-2012 at 07:53 AM.
    l~SophieChan~l
    Do not worry.
    Do not be anxious.
    Do not regret.

Your choice is the right way.
    Your heart is righteous.

Gil
    Cheerful
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Ok! I made 2 new things recently. One is a banner and the other is an avatar.

This is the banner... I really love how it turned out but the reflection is obviously a little off in some places /sigh/ and uhm it took me forever to cut the girls out of the original image and I ended up having to cut off Taeyeon's foot (purple coat) but it's barely noticeable... maybe. xD Cause her foot was behind a stand. I added angel wings to the girls sitting/leaning on stools cause it would have looked awkward if they're just floating in the air. Overall the only thing I'm not pleased with is the reflection...

Now for the avatar... I actually ended up pasting the original image back over the altered image I made cause I didn't like the way it looked but I loved the way the colors and patterns turned out so I didn't want to have to start over. Overall I think it's still weak though. Maybe it's just not a good image to use for creating an avatar? I dunno. I'm using it on another forum and it looks a bit better as a smaller 90 x 90 size.

Junior Member Alac is on a distinguished road Alac's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-16-2013 06:44 AM
    Threads

Wao looking so good and nice. I am also like the graphic art. i am student of computer science and love to work on graphic software like Photoshop or coral draw. I also appreciate the work which you are doing.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information