AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Adoption

みんなで歌おうよ!
    AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-14-2013 06:58 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Default Re: Adoption

For some reason I've thought of adoption myself. I'm currently not really ready to be raising a child, but when (if?) I become so, I'll consider adoption.
    Last edited by Aku no Hikari; 03-27-2012 at 04:21 PM. Reason: past not present!

2. Thanks Aleyna thanked for this post
    Likes Mugiwara-no-Basuke, Aleyna liked this post
    Roarrrrrrrrrrr!
    AnimeLyrics Admin
    animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Be Mine 143 - Snorlax Cookie
    Mentioned
    754 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-29-2016 11:05 PM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

I think adoption is wonderful. You're doing a huge favor not just to the children, but also to humanity and the world~ Go for it, I would say! If you have the love and compassion to adopt children, I'm sure your adopted child(ren) will be content with the love and care you give them (as opposed to wondering why they might look so physically different from them). I have met many people who were adopted, and they are all wonderful human beings.

4. Thanks Mugiwara-no-Basuke, Jasanime thanked for this post
    Likes Aleyna, Jasanime, Aku no Hikari liked this post
    Moderator Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheerful
    Gifts Moon Crescent Wand Wine Kangaroo
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-13-2018 04:32 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Aku no Hikari View Post
    For some reason I've thought of adoption myself. I'm currently not really ready to be raising a child, but when (if?) I become so, I'll consider adoption.
    Yeah, I'm not really ready for kids yet, either, but because it takes so darn long I gotta start the process soon if I want to have kids in my 30's. I really hope you do consider it when the time is right for you.

♡ Your Royal Sprinkles ♡ Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake's Avatar
    Gil
    Psychadelic
    Gifts Cheshire Cat Kawaiislice Cake
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-29-2012 09:54 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Someone I know of recently adopted a 5 year old girl. She is black and the couple who took her in is white. She'll realize that they aren't her birth parents later in life but what's important is that they cared for her when her real parent's couldn't. I felt an extreme happiness for this girl, who I do not even know. I was told that her new mom is in charge of a preschool and I believe that now she has a better chance to flourish.

7. Likes animeyay liked this post
    Senior Member Nitzer has a reputation beyond repute Nitzer has a reputation beyond repute Nitzer has a reputation beyond repute Nitzer has a reputation beyond repute Nitzer has a reputation beyond repute Nitzer has a reputation beyond repute Nitzer has a reputation beyond repute Nitzer has a reputation beyond repute Nitzer has a reputation beyond repute Nitzer has a reputation beyond repute Nitzer has a reputation beyond repute Nitzer's Avatar
    Gil
    Wicked
    Gifts Jupiter Star Wand Top Rainbow Ribbon 001 - Bulbasaur
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-14-2012 08:11 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Jasanime View Post
    Yeah, I'm not really ready for kids yet, either, but because it takes so darn long I gotta start the process soon if I want to have kids in my 30's. I really hope you do consider it when the time is right for you.
    All of us are not ready for kids (well me not, I'm only 14 years old)

9. Likes Jasanime liked this post
    Senior Member Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna's Avatar
    Gil
    Shh
    Gifts Flowers Fan2 R2 Ice Cream
    Mentioned
    249 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-06-2015 06:16 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I have always wanted to be a single mother and have my own adopted kid as my only child to spoil and love to death, but it's hard for that to happen.
    I just don't see myself getting married and the thought of me giving birth to a child makes me feel scared and sick to my stomach.

2 of my cousins are adopted, and they have lived good lives for the most part.
    I think if you ever decide to adopt a child that is not of your ethnicity or race to make sure to eventually educate them about their background.
    If you don't know about their ethnic background well, then maybe take them to some place to learn about it.
    Both of my cousins are Colombian, and were adopted by my Mexican American auntie and my mom's brother.
    They had my cousins go to Spanish speaking schools their whole life.
    Their birth mother is still alive, and they write a letter to her in Spanish once a year to let her know what's going on in their lives, so I think that's why it was important for them to go to the schools they went to.
    Their birth mom can't take care of them at all, because of the things that have happened to her and she is diagnosed with clinical depression.
    My cousins have inherited the depression, but their lives haven't been bad at all thanks to good parenting and they are on medication, so things haven't gotten bad for them yet.

From SkullMuffins on deviantart

Instagram|Tumblr

11. Thanks Jasanime thanked for this post
    Likes CrimsonMoon liked this post
    Senior Member Matty has a reputation beyond repute Matty has a reputation beyond repute Matty has a reputation beyond repute Matty has a reputation beyond repute Matty has a reputation beyond repute Matty has a reputation beyond repute Matty has a reputation beyond repute Matty has a reputation beyond repute Matty has a reputation beyond repute Matty has a reputation beyond repute Matty has a reputation beyond repute Matty's Avatar
    Gil
    Mellow
    Gifts Green Saber Storm Trooper Beer
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-03-2019 01:26 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: MattyG69

@Jasanime
    Me and my girl were considering the adoption road; thing's come up (medical) that can't be helped. I think it's wonderful that you're considering that; especially your reason behind it. A lot of babies in the world looking for a home; so I think you're part of the greater side of humanity that's looking to put a home for one of these LOVELY babies. Lol; I wish you the best of luck Jas; and hope everything turns out for you. I hope the future looks good for you as well!

13. Thanks Mugiwara-no-Basuke, Jasanime thanked for this post
    Senior Member Chigumi has a reputation beyond repute Chigumi has a reputation beyond repute Chigumi has a reputation beyond repute Chigumi has a reputation beyond repute Chigumi has a reputation beyond repute Chigumi has a reputation beyond repute Chigumi has a reputation beyond repute Chigumi has a reputation beyond repute Chigumi has a reputation beyond repute Chigumi has a reputation beyond repute Chigumi has a reputation beyond repute Chigumi's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Aria Neko Jigsaw Ribbon Mic
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-24-2013 02:33 PM
    Somewhere between sparkle bunnies and pinkish kittens.
    Threads

No experience with it, but I wish you and your future adopted child all the happiness in the world.
    I think you're doing a good job to be honest and I agree on your motive for it.
    I'm also pondering on having someone else's child instead of making one myself.
    Not right now ofcourse, I'm only 21.

15. Thanks Jasanime thanked for this post
    Moderator Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheerful
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

@Aleyna thanks for the insight. Our goal is to visit the country we adopt from and learn the language so we can raise our child with both cultures because I believe it's very important for that child to grow up knowing exactly who they are and where they came from.

@Matty and @Chigumi thank you so much for your kind words, they mean a lot!

17. Likes Mugiwara-no-Basuke liked this post
    Back To Business ~> Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Gifts One Piece Flag Soul Eater Shinigami-sama Naruto Sharingan
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-26-2012 02:33 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Hey so I want to adopt a child. It's something I've always wanted to do. I have many reasons, but the biggest one is that I simply can't justify bringing another life into the world when so many kids out there don't have a home or family. Nothing against people who do have their own kids, plenty of my friends have and I couldn't be happier for them, but adoption seems the right choice for me personally.

Anyway, having just recently bought a house, the next step for my partner and I is to begin this very long and very expensive process. I would love to hear if anyone has any experience on this topic, like maybe you were adopted, or know someone who adopted a child?

Cheers!
    Well, I also feel fond to adoption (though I'm only 19 so if I ever do it won't be in the next 5 years at least so taht I finish college) and I wished my parents adopt a child, because I love babies and small kids so much and my younger brother is 17 and is very rude to me, that makes me really said and maybe if we suddenly became 3 it would help...

Anyway, I can't help you more than wishing you good luck for you and your partner! Have confidance and don't give in to difficulties!

---------- Post added at 11:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:40 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Matty View Post
    @Jasanime
    Me and my girl were considering the adoption road; thing's come up (medical) that can't be helped. I think it's wonderful that you're considering that; especially your reason behind it. A lot of babies in the world looking for a home; so I think you're part of the greater side of humanity that's looking to put a home for one of these LOVELY babies. Lol; I wish you the best of luck Jas; and hope everything turns out for you. I hope the future looks good for you as well!
    There's needed a lot of courage to admit and write what you did, you have my respect man!

19. Thanks Jasanime thanked for this post
    Gil
    Cheerful
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Thanks @Uchiha_Luffy . Hoping to start the process in the next 12 months or so.

21. Likes Mugiwara-no-Basuke liked this post
    Back To Business ~> Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Thanks @Uchiha_Luffy . Hoping to start the process in the next 12 months or so.
    Cool! and will you and your partner have any preferences or will be totally oppen? (such as age, being healty, whatever)

Again I wish you all the luck in the universe and behond!

Gil
    Cheerful
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Uchiha_Luffy View Post
    Cool! and will you and your partner have any preferences or will be totally oppen? (such as age, being healty, whatever)

Again I wish you all the luck in the universe and behond!
    Thanks! We obviously want the healthiest child possible as adoption is a very expensive process, so medical bills on top of that would really suck! As for age, my partner says baby, but I'm thinking more 2 or 3. We are not that picky though. Gender is also not too important, but I have a preference for a boy. We plan to adopt from China, and learn the basics of that language.

24. Likes Mugiwara-no-Basuke liked this post
    Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Thanks! We obviously want the healthiest child possible as adoption is a very expensive process, so medical bills on top of that would really suck! As for age, my partner says baby, but I'm thinking more 2 or 3. We are not that picky though. Gender is also not too important, but I have a preference for a boy. We plan to adopt from China, and learn the basics of that language.
    You two are really great! There are a lot of young couples as I assume you are (you have 26 and I assume your partner as not 40 y.o) willing to adopt but not many at all avaliable to adopt children from such a different culture as China and to learn the basics of that language!

You really deserve all the luckiness on that so long and trouble process, I'll be praying for you to suceed and "get" the "perfect" child!

Gil
    Cheerful
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

You two are really great! There are a lot of young couples as I assume you are (you have 26 and I assume your partner as not 40 y.o) willing to adopt but not many at all avaliable to adopt children from such a different culture as China and to learn the basics of that language!

You really deserve all the luckiness on that so long and trouble process, I'll be praying for you to suceed and "get" the "perfect" child!
    Thankyou. Especially for using the 'young' word! My partner is same age as me.

The warrior of time aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Gifts Bear Bleach Zangetsu Katana
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2015 10:29 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: aether370

Adoption is a brilliant idea Jasanime
    All I shall say is go for what you want to do don't let others say otherwise

Senior Member Creasy has a reputation beyond repute Creasy has a reputation beyond repute Creasy has a reputation beyond repute Creasy has a reputation beyond repute Creasy has a reputation beyond repute Creasy has a reputation beyond repute Creasy has a reputation beyond repute Creasy has a reputation beyond repute Creasy has a reputation beyond repute Creasy has a reputation beyond repute Creasy has a reputation beyond repute Creasy's Avatar
    Gil
    Yeehaw
    Gifts Cookie Soul Eater Logo Bleach Urahara Hat
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-11-2012 09:47 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Great reasons to adopt a child! Bravo...

The warrior of time aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

If I can't find someone to be with then I will adopt a child at least then I can have some sort of a family

Senior Member Suzume has a reputation beyond repute Suzume has a reputation beyond repute Suzume has a reputation beyond repute Suzume has a reputation beyond repute Suzume has a reputation beyond repute Suzume has a reputation beyond repute Suzume has a reputation beyond repute Suzume has a reputation beyond repute Suzume has a reputation beyond repute Suzume has a reputation beyond repute Suzume has a reputation beyond repute Suzume's Avatar
    Gil
    Lonely
    Gifts Red Orb Red Dango Heart
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-21-2016 11:08 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

@Jasanime you were right about India. I just cannot tolerate to see the kids on the roads. I will donate as much a possible for the orphanages.
    I support you to adopt and love them as if they were your own kids. And if you can pay a visit to the place where you adopted your child and give some treats to the other children. I'm sure that they and you will be happy Good luck
    A set by blueangel06661

31. Thanks Mugiwara-no-Basuke, Jasanime thanked for this post
    Likes Jasanime liked this post
    Gil
    Tired
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

At the end of the day you will be making a child's life more bearable and make them feel wanted

33. Thanks Jasanime thanked for this post
    Likes Mugiwara-no-Basuke liked this post
    Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by すずめ View Post
    @Jasanime you were right about India. I just cannot tolerate to see the kids on the roads. I will donate as much a possible for the orphanages.
    I support you to adopt and love them as if they were your own kids. And if you can pay a visit to the place where you adopted your child and give some treats to the other children. I'm sure that they and you will be happy Good luck
    What the heck is with this forum that there are a lot of both fun, honest and kind persons on it?!
    Just a great cause you two are trying to get into, don't care if you have faith or not, just don't matter, as catholic all I say is that God is watching for you and that I too will be praying for you to be sucessfull!

Gil
    Tired
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

What the heck is with this forum that there are a lot of both fun, honest and kind persons on it?!
    Just a great cause you two are trying to get into, don't care if you have faith or not, just don't matter, as catholic all I say is that God is watching for you and that I too will be praying for you to be sucessfull!
    Its good that we've formed a community of such wonderful people

36. Likes Jasanime, Mugiwara-no-Basuke liked this post
    Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by aether View Post
    Its good that we've formed a community of such wonderful people
    It damn is!! I'm just a rookie but still don't think you are all liying or that I'm misreading your comments ah ah

AF really has a great environment (definetely sure not the adequate word :P), glad I signed in!! (just casually, taped "anime forum" on google clicked the first page and after 10 seconds thinkind decided to register, BEST THING that I've done lately eh eh)

Gil
    Tired
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

It damn is!! I'm just a rookie but still don't think you are all liying or that I'm misreading your comments ah ah

AF really has a great environment (definetely sure not the adequate word :P), glad I signed in!! (just casually, taped "anime forum" on google clicked the first page and after 10 seconds thinkind decided to register, BEST THING that I've done lately eh eh)
    Awesome ^^
    Well if you haven't joined any groups yet join the lounge we tend to just have conversations about this and that on there true its a tad quiet there at the moment but everyone is extremely busy as of late.

39. Thanks Mugiwara-no-Basuke thanked for this post
    Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by aether View Post
    Awesome ^^
    Well if you haven't joined any groups yet join the lounge we tend to just have conversations about this and that on there true its a tad quiet there at the moment but everyone is extremely busy as of late.
    Thanks for the suggestion, I've joined a few groups but just didn't gave them much atention for now :P I already see that group, guess I'll joined it if it seems so cool

41. Thanks aether thanked for this post
    Likes aether liked this post
Closed Thread

Thread Information