AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Just getting into anime, could use a recommendation

Junior Member Dapper is on a distinguished road Dapper's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-23-2011 05:41 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Just getting into anime, could use a recommendation

Hi everyone. I joined this forum because I have a specific question to ask. My roommate and I have slowly been getting into anime. I have seen a dozen in the past, he hasn't seen any.

We've tried a few and most don't appeal to us, but there are so many that we just need a suggestion from people more knowledgeable.

We're looking for something similar to "Claymore" and "Berserk" - That means, sort of an adult-action-dark-fantasy anime. Preferably something that's available on Netflix right now.

Senior Member Bubblegum Pop has a reputation beyond repute Bubblegum Pop has a reputation beyond repute Bubblegum Pop has a reputation beyond repute Bubblegum Pop has a reputation beyond repute Bubblegum Pop has a reputation beyond repute Bubblegum Pop has a reputation beyond repute Bubblegum Pop has a reputation beyond repute Bubblegum Pop has a reputation beyond repute Bubblegum Pop has a reputation beyond repute Bubblegum Pop has a reputation beyond repute Bubblegum Pop has a reputation beyond repute Bubblegum Pop's Avatar
    Gil
    Bored
    Gifts Be Mine Heart Art Tools
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-22-2015 02:12 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: catalystqueen

Default Re: Just getting into anime, could use a recommendation

Hi and welcome! You can watch them on animefreak.tv TONS of anime there to watch for free. As for the genre you want...Not sure lol but I am watching Chrono Crusade and its a pretty good anime. just started it yesterday. Feel free to add me as a friend ok? ^^ Enjoy the forums!

Made by me!

"See? We met again, like we promised."

I miss you guys. <3

Senior Member ryoga-kun has a reputation beyond repute ryoga-kun has a reputation beyond repute ryoga-kun has a reputation beyond repute ryoga-kun has a reputation beyond repute ryoga-kun has a reputation beyond repute ryoga-kun has a reputation beyond repute ryoga-kun has a reputation beyond repute ryoga-kun has a reputation beyond repute ryoga-kun has a reputation beyond repute ryoga-kun has a reputation beyond repute ryoga-kun has a reputation beyond repute ryoga-kun's Avatar
    Gil
    Suspicious
    Gifts Compass
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-20-2011 11:22 PM
    Threads

Plenty here as well: http://www.animefuel.com/

Senior Member The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel's Avatar
    Gil
    Mellow
    Gifts Ice Cream Kawaiislice Bleach Zangetsu
    Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-09-2023 06:59 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

*walks into the intro room pushing a giant pot, then heads over to your* Hello, and welcome aboard. Hope you enjoy your stay here at AF. If you need anything or just want to chat, shoot me a message. I'm always glad to help new members get used to the place and feel welcome. *starts a fire under the pot and tossing in chopped vegetables* Oh, post often, but please do try and follow the rules of the forum, and sub-forums. And it seems there have been some rumors of cannibals running around eating new members, so you might want to be careful, lol. By the way, can you check the temperature of my pot for me? *lifts you up and into the pot* Yes, I think you'll make a good wabbit stew. *walks off to find more newbies for the pot*
    Hmm, dark, adult, fantasy type, eh? There are a few I can think of, but are you talking modern or maybe older titles? Message me on it.

Playstation Network ID: animerebel

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by The Rebel View Post
    *walks into the intro room pushing a giant pot, then heads over to your* Hello, and welcome aboard. Hope you enjoy your stay here at AF. If you need anything or just want to chat, shoot me a message. I'm always glad to help new members get used to the place and feel welcome. *starts a fire under the pot and tossing in chopped vegetables* Oh, post often, but please do try and follow the rules of the forum, and sub-forums. And it seems there have been some rumors of cannibals running around eating new members, so you might want to be careful, lol. By the way, can you check the temperature of my pot for me? *lifts you up and into the pot* Yes, I think you'll make a good wabbit stew. *walks off to find more newbies for the pot*
    Hmm, dark, adult, fantasy type, eh? There are a few I can think of, but are you talking modern or maybe older titles? Message me on it.
    New or old is fine

Senior Member The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel's Avatar
    Gil
    Mellow
    Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dapper View Post
    New or old is fine
    Just how adult are we talking here? Cause a few titles that come to mind have some serious adult content. Otherwise Darkside Blues is good. Hmm, Akira is another good one, but I've been told it's alittle advanced for people just getting into anime.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by The Rebel View Post
    Just how adult are we talking here? Cause a few titles that come to mind have some serious adult content. Otherwise Darkside Blues is good. Hmm, Akira is another good one, but I've been told it's alittle advanced for people just getting into anime.
    I don't know how to articulate "adult" other than give those two examples - Berserk and Claymore. Also, I should have specified we are looking for an anime series and not a movie.

Senior Member 36gamer has a reputation beyond repute 36gamer has a reputation beyond repute 36gamer has a reputation beyond repute 36gamer has a reputation beyond repute 36gamer has a reputation beyond repute 36gamer has a reputation beyond repute 36gamer has a reputation beyond repute 36gamer has a reputation beyond repute 36gamer has a reputation beyond repute 36gamer has a reputation beyond repute 36gamer has a reputation beyond repute 36gamer's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Shuriken Bleach Urahara Hat Death Note
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-05-2012 11:43 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

there is a series on netflix you may enjoy titled : full metal alchemist.

It's the only decent anime i can think of on netflix (although i do not know much baout the netflix selection)

It's not adult but once you get into the series it gets pretty deep and very interesting. don't get throw off by how the first few episodes seem really kiddish

Moderator ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-17-2017 07:39 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: the_wolfie

G'day there
    Wolfie Dango ~*Red*~

Twin sister: Angella_Kagamine

Gil
    Mellow
    Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dapper View Post
    I don't know how to articulate "adult" other than give those two examples - Berserk and Claymore. Also, I should have specified we are looking for an anime series and not a movie.
    Hmm, Darker than Black, Burst Angel, and Code Geass are pretty good, but probably not as dark as you might like. I'm sure I know of some other series, but would have to check my lists to be sure of titles I've seen.

The Rocker Witch Elphaba has a reputation beyond repute Elphaba has a reputation beyond repute Elphaba has a reputation beyond repute Elphaba has a reputation beyond repute Elphaba has a reputation beyond repute Elphaba has a reputation beyond repute Elphaba has a reputation beyond repute Elphaba has a reputation beyond repute Elphaba has a reputation beyond repute Elphaba has a reputation beyond repute Elphaba has a reputation beyond repute Elphaba's Avatar
    Gil
    Wicked
    Gifts Kawaii Ice Cream Cone Four Leaf Clover Watermelon
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-18-2015 12:52 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Hello there :3
    welcome to AF

[set by blueangel06661]

The Palmtop Tiger blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts Hedgehog PPG Bubbles Alice
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-13-2018 07:05 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: blueangel06661 Steam ID: blueangel06661

Fate Stay/Night is my recommendation to you.

今日...明日...永遠に...
    Interested in Pop-Up Cafes in Japan? Dango News is the place for you.
    Dango News
    | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram

Senior Member Nesh has a reputation beyond repute Nesh has a reputation beyond repute Nesh has a reputation beyond repute Nesh has a reputation beyond repute Nesh has a reputation beyond repute Nesh has a reputation beyond repute Nesh has a reputation beyond repute Nesh has a reputation beyond repute Nesh has a reputation beyond repute Nesh has a reputation beyond repute Nesh has a reputation beyond repute Nesh's Avatar
    Gil
    Sleepy
    Gifts 143 - Snorlax Pen Electric Piano
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-11-2015 03:17 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Welcome to AF!
    Have lots of fun and enjoy your stay with us :3
    Nesh (nɛʃ) dialect adj. - sensitive to the cold

Set made by me
    ''Do your best, no matter how many times you fail!.''

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Thanks for the suggestions. Keep 'em coming.

Building Castles Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto's Avatar
    Gil
    Bahahaha
    Gifts Ambulance
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-22-2013 01:06 AM
    Threads

Howdy there. So I'm not really good at fitting things into genres but I can give you my favorite titles. :3 My favorite ever is Eureka 7. I would also recommend Elfen Lied, which might be a little bit more what you're looking for, if by dark you mean gore. >.> I also totally back every title that has already been named, as I have watched and loved them all. I hope this helps. ^^~
    samba bamba, llama momma.

need a new set, feel free to offer. :3

Gil
    Mellow
    Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Sadly, I think that's all the titles I can come up with since I kinda switched from the darker kind to more of an ecchi/fanservice lately.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information