AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: New Signature

Old and Cranky Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-17-2009 11:44 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Serated View Post
    Your tags from my perspective all look very similar. But that probably just because I have been using Photoshop for so long.

Anyway, by that, I a mean you tend to do one filter, or one little technique and declare the signautre finished. I honestly do think you are using like 5 to 10 layers per tag, maybe less. I could honestly go on by saying you use no blending, you paste the render off to one side of the all your signatures (or most), or that your text could use work, but you really can do better. You have all the techniques down, you just dont combine them into a result. Follow a really hard looking signautre tutorial with a good result and see what you get. I am always surprised by what a person can do in Photoshop, so why not try it out?
    No offense man, but a lot of the signatures on this site from everyone looks a bit formulaic. I'm part of that majority. I appreciate the advice, but I disagree with it. In most cases blending= make my character match with background to the point where they are the background. Then the character isn't the focal point anymore. My signatures are character and background. I use this all the time man. But your friend is in front of a gray building and they are wearing a neon green shirt. Do you blend your friend in that photo? In most cases no.
    And I usually choose a color from the image, may it be clothes or something. The backgrounds tend to be the colors you don't realize in the character because that is what makes it unique. My newer stuff is a lot better then my others, if you are looking at my older stuff then yes it does look like just putting a character into a background. But in my newer ones I'm more consciously aware they need to match a little. And for the most part I do that, and I do blend them in. Just lightly. Because my signatures are the character as focal point. Like a real photo.

Wedding is in October. And I'm going to be a dad. Super excited.

Visage Necro'lic Enigma has a reputation beyond repute Necro'lic Enigma has a reputation beyond repute Necro'lic Enigma has a reputation beyond repute Necro'lic Enigma has a reputation beyond repute Necro'lic Enigma has a reputation beyond repute Necro'lic Enigma has a reputation beyond repute Necro'lic Enigma has a reputation beyond repute Necro'lic Enigma has a reputation beyond repute Necro'lic Enigma has a reputation beyond repute Necro'lic Enigma has a reputation beyond repute Necro'lic Enigma has a reputation beyond repute Necro'lic Enigma's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-28-2009 05:11 PM
    Threads

Rem , after looking to all the signatures , i would say you are unique. Seriously , i know some signatures may not look that beautiful and "wowwy" types but hey who cares about that all the time , you have a technique , a idea and a imagination that makes your sig different and worth to watch.

I think from your first post , Alucard's signature was nice , mainly cuz of the background.
    You have your own ideas and i am honestly feeling good to see that.
    Keep posting your work , i'll gladly watch it.
    wish me luck for furture guys!!!!
    Thanks for everything!!!
    ^___^

Old and Cranky Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Madness View Post
    Rem , after looking to all the signatures , i would say you are unique. Seriously , i know some signatures may not look that beautiful and "wowwy" types but hey who cares about that all the time , you have a technique , a idea and a imagination that makes your sig different and worth to watch.

I think from your first post , Alucard's signature was nice , mainly cuz of the background.
    You have your own ideas and i am honestly feeling good to see that.
    Keep posting your work , i'll gladly watch it.
    Thank you. And I try to stay me. And I think that is what I mainly saying to Serated that those tutorials teach you how to be other people. And I'll stay me. I'll stay me and make signatures the way I see them. Because people's perception is a lot different from mine. They may not truly be what people want. But I feel their is an raw reality to it that says this signature was made by me. And I want to keep that. That these signatures may them not be as showy and flashy lights and all this blending as others, but they are still signatures because they keep the true me.

Visage Necro'lic Enigma has a reputation beyond repute Necro'lic Enigma has a reputation beyond repute Necro'lic Enigma has a reputation beyond repute Necro'lic Enigma has a reputation beyond repute Necro'lic Enigma has a reputation beyond repute Necro'lic Enigma has a reputation beyond repute Necro'lic Enigma has a reputation beyond repute Necro'lic Enigma has a reputation beyond repute Necro'lic Enigma has a reputation beyond repute Necro'lic Enigma has a reputation beyond repute Necro'lic Enigma has a reputation beyond repute Necro'lic Enigma's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-28-2009 05:11 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Rem Nightfall View Post
    That these signatures may them not be as showy and flashy lights and all this blending as others, but they are still signatures because they keep the true me.
    Sorry if i am being excited but dude , thats it!! Thats what i was wishing that you would say. You are presenting your true-self , then no one would be as happy as i will be to see your sig. Watching the same old ideas again and again hurts one's eye and makes it boring i know , i understand what you say.The main that i like was , your doing with your own style and doesnt care about others think , if its too much flashy or should i do it like others. I always cheer such people who have unique sense of making sig in them. Hope i aint boring you but last thing , keep it up.
    Last edited by Necro'lic Enigma; 04-30-2009 at 12:20 PM.
    wish me luck for furture guys!!!!
    Thanks for everything!!!
    ^___^

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

My latest, one of them is rendition of the request for Rein and another was just made for fun:

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Another signature made by me, I guarantee it's 100% Rem juicy:

Another new one:

Last edited by FlashD; 05-19-2009 at 04:44 AM.

Member KeijiMaeda has a reputation beyond repute KeijiMaeda has a reputation beyond repute KeijiMaeda has a reputation beyond repute KeijiMaeda has a reputation beyond repute KeijiMaeda has a reputation beyond repute KeijiMaeda has a reputation beyond repute KeijiMaeda has a reputation beyond repute KeijiMaeda has a reputation beyond repute KeijiMaeda has a reputation beyond repute KeijiMaeda has a reputation beyond repute KeijiMaeda has a reputation beyond repute KeijiMaeda's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-23-2010 09:19 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

The last one is amazing, Rem. The first one, too.

I might be approaching you soon with a request, if that's alright.
    "Marvel at perfection, for it is fleeting."

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Glad you both like them.

A new signature I made today:

Last edited by FlashD; 05-19-2009 at 04:49 AM.

Promised Protector Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Ceiling Cat Gurren Kamina Glasses Cow
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-24-2014 05:38 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by Serated View Post
    Your tags from my perspective all look very similar. But that probably just because I have been using Photoshop for so long.

Anyway, by that, I a mean you tend to do one filter, or one little technique and declare the signautre finished. I honestly do think you are using like 5 to 10 layers per tag, maybe less. I could honestly go on by saying you use no blending, you paste the render off to one side of the all your signatures (or most), or that your text could use work, but you really can do better. You have all the techniques down, you just dont combine them into a result. Follow a really hard looking signautre tutorial with a good result and see what you get. I am always surprised by what a person can do in Photoshop, so why not try it out?
    Hate to say it, but I honestly agree with Serated.
    Just because that you are trying to be you, it does not mean that your signatures are exactly visually appealing. The tutorials are also not meant to teach you on "how to be other people," but rather how to learn different techniques.
    Your signatures are unique because they are you. If that's the case, every one of us should be displaying our works in places such as abduzeedo dot com in the daily inspiration. That's not the case now is it?

I suggest doing something about coloring and blending big time. The signatures don't really look like it's one whole image, but rather images on top of each other. Also typography would be another hill to venture.

Keep it up Rem, and please don't regard this post as something flamatory. I'm only stating what my beliefs are and the whole aspect of uniqueness. Just because you learn techniques other people use, it does not necessarily mean that you are no longer unique.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Hate to say it, but I honestly agree with Serated.
    Just because that you are trying to be you, it does not mean that your signatures are exactly visually appealing. The tutorials are also not meant to teach you on "how to be other people," but rather how to learn different techniques.
    Your signatures are unique because they are you. If that's the case, every one of us should be displaying our works in places such as abduzeedo dot com in the daily inspiration. That's not the case now is it?

I suggest doing something about coloring and blending big time. The signatures don't really look like it's one whole image, but rather images on top of each other. Also typography would be another hill to venture.

Keep it up Rem, and please don't regard this post as something flamatory. I'm only stating what my beliefs are and the whole aspect of uniqueness. Just because you learn techniques other people use, it does not necessarily mean that you are no longer unique.
    No I will not. That is what a signature is. It's a photograph. And the characters should come out. As I told Serated, do you blend your friends into a photo? No.
    So I don't blend my signatures. I don't care if my signatures aren't appealing to you. As long as they are appealing to some and myself I am fine with that. What I like may not be your taste. And yes following a tutorial basically makes you the same as everyone else you all have the same signatures even if it was made by you. I will not yield to be calling unprofessional or unattractive just because you think I do not follow a technique. I follow my own technique. Color, lighting, contrast, and pictures. My characters aren't thrown into some random background.

Byakuya sig notice when his sword comes apart those little pieces of the sword are pink therefore pink in the background and the color of his uniform was blended to make the background. They are using the colors of the picture, but not the main colors. He sticks out, but still blends with the colors.

I'm tired of to many tutorial huggers telling my signatures aren't as good as theirs. Mine are fine for being my signatures. This is what I like and I'm not a tutorial and technique hugger.

Latest, set for some friends Nen and Revy:

Avas:

Last edited by FlashD; 05-19-2009 at 04:53 AM. Reason: Don't double post, use the EDIT button instead.

JFL's Girl Tsukamoto-San has a reputation beyond repute Tsukamoto-San has a reputation beyond repute Tsukamoto-San has a reputation beyond repute Tsukamoto-San has a reputation beyond repute Tsukamoto-San has a reputation beyond repute Tsukamoto-San has a reputation beyond repute Tsukamoto-San has a reputation beyond repute Tsukamoto-San has a reputation beyond repute Tsukamoto-San has a reputation beyond repute Tsukamoto-San has a reputation beyond repute Tsukamoto-San has a reputation beyond repute Tsukamoto-San's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-27-2012 09:33 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: xTrielaSanx

I like your technique for signatures. It's very unique and I think that's what sets them apart.

Are last batch is really good. I love how they are just black and white. I think that gives them a certain feel. I think you should make more. They're one of a kind
    AKA xTheLostSailorx

sankunchansamasenpai Hautalken has a reputation beyond repute Hautalken has a reputation beyond repute Hautalken has a reputation beyond repute Hautalken has a reputation beyond repute Hautalken has a reputation beyond repute Hautalken has a reputation beyond repute Hautalken has a reputation beyond repute Hautalken has a reputation beyond repute Hautalken has a reputation beyond repute Hautalken has a reputation beyond repute Hautalken has a reputation beyond repute Hautalken's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-29-2013 11:25 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

And yes following a tutorial basically makes you the same as everyone else you all have the same signatures even if it was made by you.
    You are right when you say a signature shows character. But when you take on this view-point, it only pertains to Graphology. What Balance and Serated say is absolutely right. Sure, the style you use for making forum signatures also comes from within. But you have to develop it because it's a style. It keeps evolving. That's how you get better at doing signatures. Balance and Serated are only trying to help you out, you know.

No I will not. That is what a signature is. It's a photograph. And the characters should come out. As I told Serated, do you blend your friends into a photo? No.
    I must say that you're wrong there. A signature cannot be a photograph. A signature is something entirely different from a photograph. You can't possibly capture a signature using a camera. Signatures are made by combining different stock images and/or filters. And they are made from scratch using a photomanipulation software like Photoshop. Now you don't create photographs from scratch, do you?

There's a way to everything. Including making signatures.

Collab with Unli~ Isn't he awesome??

deviantART | Tumblr | IntuitionGFX | iGFX on dA

Celestial Aria Seraphim SeraphimAriaRhapsody has a reputation beyond repute SeraphimAriaRhapsody has a reputation beyond repute SeraphimAriaRhapsody has a reputation beyond repute SeraphimAriaRhapsody has a reputation beyond repute SeraphimAriaRhapsody has a reputation beyond repute SeraphimAriaRhapsody has a reputation beyond repute SeraphimAriaRhapsody has a reputation beyond repute SeraphimAriaRhapsody has a reputation beyond repute SeraphimAriaRhapsody has a reputation beyond repute SeraphimAriaRhapsody has a reputation beyond repute SeraphimAriaRhapsody has a reputation beyond repute SeraphimAriaRhapsody's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-03-2009 09:50 AM
    Among other seraphims in the celestral plains singing arias of great splendor.
    Threads

I prefer your bakuya signature.

It has all the aspect in making a good illustration from the usage of foreground, middle ground, and background to large, medium, and small arranged compositional.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by karuto View Post
    I must say that you're wrong there. A signature cannot be a photograph. A signature is something entirely different from a photograph. You can't possibly capture a signature using a camera. Signatures are made by combining different stock images and/or filters. And they are made from scratch using a photomanipulation software like Photoshop. Now you don't create photographs from scratch, do you?
    Your opinion has been noted. Will I follow it. Probably not.

@Seraphim: Glad you enjoyed the collection

The Rocker Witch Elphaba has a reputation beyond repute Elphaba has a reputation beyond repute Elphaba has a reputation beyond repute Elphaba has a reputation beyond repute Elphaba has a reputation beyond repute Elphaba has a reputation beyond repute Elphaba has a reputation beyond repute Elphaba has a reputation beyond repute Elphaba has a reputation beyond repute Elphaba has a reputation beyond repute Elphaba has a reputation beyond repute Elphaba's Avatar
    Gil
    Wicked
    Gifts Kawaii Ice Cream Cone Four Leaf Clover Watermelon
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-18-2015 12:52 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Wink

Another signature made by me, I guarantee it's 100% Rem juicy:

http://i43.tinypic.com/iozuh4.jpg

Another new one:

http://i41.tinypic.com/4r2emc.jpg
    i love the second one rosario+vampire is my favorite anime. just wondering do you take requests? if you do can u make me second one?
    Last edited by FlashD; 06-02-2009 at 09:07 AM. Reason: Don't quote images, thank you.

[set by blueangel06661]

Closed Thread

Thread Information