AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Chik fil A Controversy

Senior Member Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-27-2013 05:08 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Re: Chik fil A Controversy

Kaleohano's opinion wasn't vague. It was just VERY poorly worded. For someone to respond to him saying that the man did him no harm and for him to respond to him saying "it's better I hit him before he hits me" is just shooting yourself in foot along with his bringing up of WWII and his constantly rude behavior and cursing. It's almost like he wanted it to drag on like this.

Junior Member KingPopadopalus is infamous around these parts KingPopadopalus is infamous around these parts KingPopadopalus is infamous around these parts KingPopadopalus is infamous around these parts KingPopadopalus is infamous around these parts KingPopadopalus is infamous around these parts KingPopadopalus is infamous around these parts KingPopadopalus is infamous around these parts KingPopadopalus is infamous around these parts KingPopadopalus is infamous around these parts KingPopadopalus is infamous around these parts KingPopadopalus's Avatar
    Gil
    Lonely
    Gifts Systems NES Controller Wood Guitar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-06-2012 09:25 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: KingPopadopalus PSN ID: KingPopadopalus Steam ID: Inuyasha998

Seeing as I really don't want to take the time to type it out again, here's a Facebook post I wrote last week on my stance on this issue:

I'm gonna say this clearly so as to never be misunderstood.

A company is entitled to their opinions just like everyone else and there is no exception to that rule so long as we live in the United States of America. I don't agree with Chick-fil-a. I however do think that they are allowed to expand as a business no matter their views on gay marriage.

As a business man the Mayor of Boston has just denied his people opportunity and as a business man he has failed. As a political entity you must look at what is right for your economy and your people. Not just what makes you seem the most popular amongst your special interest groups that will be voting for you in the next election.

I feel that in these tough economic times, to block off a potential job creator and someone who can inject money into the economy thus making possibly even more jobs in theory is the way that will only lead to more hard economic times, especially when your state is projected to have hard economic times in this next fiscal year.

Your unemployment is well below national average and congratulations but why not get it as low as possible? With Chick-fil-a you may be able to get some of the people off the unemployment checks and onto a starter job that they will transform into a career one day with their experience.

I know a lot of my Facebook friends have liberal views when it comes to this matter and if you want to take me off their friends list because of this then go right ahead. I'm sorry you weren't a friend enough to accept my ideals and myself for who I am. I was foolish in letting you into my life and goodbye.

For those who appreciate my opinion as a human being, thank you for being wise individuals and understanding that although we may not agree on political or social issues, we can still have a good time and share the warmth that a smile brings between two good friends.

~Brandon R Burnthorn

They should have named it Doom4 or something DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM!'s Avatar
    Gil
    Drunk
    Gifts Binoculars Kawaiislice Medkit
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-08-2023 04:46 AM
    Threads

I really like the way the initial reactions started on this thread. Children of AF, I've thought you well!

It's never safe to turn off your computer - Silent Strike

Junior Member KingPopadopalus is infamous around these parts KingPopadopalus is infamous around these parts KingPopadopalus is infamous around these parts KingPopadopalus is infamous around these parts KingPopadopalus is infamous around these parts KingPopadopalus is infamous around these parts KingPopadopalus is infamous around these parts KingPopadopalus is infamous around these parts KingPopadopalus is infamous around these parts KingPopadopalus is infamous around these parts KingPopadopalus is infamous around these parts KingPopadopalus's Avatar
    Gil
    Lonely
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.LeDoom! View Post
    I really like the way the initial reactions started on this thread. Children of AF, I've thought you well!
    You don't know me! You're not my real dad! *goes to his room*

Senior Member Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ayu 「あゆ」 View Post
    Kaleohano's opinion wasn't vague. It was just VERY poorly worded. For someone to respond to him saying that the man did him no harm and for him to respond to him saying "it's better I hit him before he hits me" is just shooting yourself in foot along with his bringing up of WWII and his constantly rude behavior and cursing. It's almost like he wanted it to drag on like this.
    Homophobia is pretty irrational at it's core, though.

Great Witch of Britannia wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90's Avatar
    Gil
    Wicked
    Gifts Eva Penpen Wolf Full Moon
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-21-2014 03:53 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DisturbedWiccan PSN ID: Wolfdragon63 Steam ID: Wolfgirl90

Quote Originally Posted by Ayu 「あゆ」 View Post
    Well, discussions go both ways. Everybody dragged this out; not just him. But I digress...

His initial post was merely vague. Again, it was in response to someone else who said the same thing, so I really don't know why everybody jumped on just him or how in the bloody hell his initial opinion could be interpreted as him being homophobic. "I don't really like homosexuality, but I don't mind gay people unless they really push my buttons like this one guy". I mean, that's the gist of it; doesn't look like homophobia to me. And while the WWII stuff and cursing was part of the "foot shooting", his "hit them before they hit me" opinion isn't part of that; its part of self-defense and its an opinion that I share with him.

Now, I'm glad to see that most people here would attempt some other mode of defense in a similar situation. That's fine; I would too... initially. However, when physically walking away doesn't work, and they are still following me, my personal reaction is a physical one. Why? Because following me around is threatening; I said I was uncomfortable, they don't care, and they want to follow me (and long as they don't care about my comfort, I don't care that they found me attractive; flattery goes right out the window). At this point, I'm not waiting for them to physically harm me because Goddess only knows what that harm could be. Maybe they want to hurt me. Maybe they don't; I don't know. However, I'm not waiting to be grabbed, hit, or slammed into a wall so that I can find out. I think @Kaleohano 's the same way; just that in his case, it was a gay guy...an annoying, sleazy, gay guy.

Quote Originally Posted by KingPopadopalus View Post
    A company is entitled to their opinions just like everyone else and there is no exception to that rule so long as we live in the United States of America.
    I don't think anyone is trying to prevent Chick-Fil-A from existing. However, it should be noted businesses have no "right" to expand their business as they see fit; there would be Wal-marts everywhere if that where the case. Menino was pushing his political power, however, the people of Boston can certainly try to block Chick-Fil-A (the blocking of Chick-Fil-A restaurants has happened before for the same reasons in other places) just like any other business.

Your unemployment is well below national average and congratulations but why not get it as low as possible? With Chick-fil-a you may be able to get some of the people off the unemployment checks and onto a starter job that they will transform into a career one day with their experience.
    Boston's unemployment rate is actually much lower than the national average; the same thing goes for the unemployment rate for Massachusetts as a whole. I found this information in less than a minute, so I guess you didn't look it up.

Boston is a major economical power, so the lack of a chicken restaurant isn't going to hurt it much (and its presence wouldn't change things either).
    Last edited by wolfgirl90; 08-03-2012 at 11:00 AM.
    This is my war face.

This is what happens to trolls who mess with me.

Roarrrrrrrrrrr!
    AnimeLyrics Admin
    animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Be Mine 143 - Snorlax Cookie
    Mentioned
    754 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-29-2016 11:05 PM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

I never thought this controversy was much controversy to begin with. Chick-fil-A is perfectly entitled to its opinion, and I respect its freedom of speech. However, others also have their freedom to criticize Chick-fil-A's position, and boycott certainly is a valid move. Remember, freedom of speech does not equal censorship of opposition. As soon as the liberals criticized Chick-fil-A, the conservatives started criticizing the liberals. This, is something that's been bothering me. Our country has become too polarized/partisan, and virtually everything is political.

Senior Member Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-27-2013 05:08 PM
    Threads

Being pregitous as a company against homosexuality to me is like a company that's racist against blacks but worse. They do have the right to refuse service to anyone but I definitely won't support that terrible decision of theirs.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Moonlight View Post
    Homophobia is pretty irrational at it's core, though.
    But so is my fear of practically every own insect that exists. Homophobia, I think, is more about feeling insecure and uncomfortable with the situation. It's different from, say, how some churches like to demonize homosexuality and commit horrible hate crimes like in the link below. But I actually agree with Kaleohano's points now that I understand what he was trying to say.

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/31166678/detail.html

Gil
    Lonely
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

@wolfgirl90 : What I said was that Massachusetts' and Boston's economy are both WELL UNDER THE NATIONAL AVERAGE. That means that if the national is at 8.6% and Boston/Massachusetts is at 6.8% then they are below the national average. Maybe some reading comprehension could have helped you to understand what I said before you decided to be a cocky prick about things that you didn't understand.

Second, yes, people are trying to block chik-fil-a's existence by not allowing them into their cities because they feel the need to speak for everyone about what a cities values are and not let the restaurant expand into their cities.

Before you go and reply to a comment I make, be more informed about what you're saying, perhaps re-read what I said a few dozen times until you fully comprehend the actuality of what has been said and to prevent you from coming off as a cocky prick to others when you don't understand a word that I said. Kthxbye.

Great Witch of Britannia wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90's Avatar
    Gil
    Wicked
    Gifts Eva Penpen Wolf Full Moon
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-21-2014 03:53 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DisturbedWiccan PSN ID: Wolfdragon63 Steam ID: Wolfgirl90

@wolfgirl90 : What I said was that Massachusetts' and Boston's economy are both WELL UNDER THE NATIONAL AVERAGE. That means that if the national is at 8.6% and Boston/Massachusetts is at 6.8% then they are below the national average. Maybe some reading comprehension could have helped you to understand what I said before you decided to be a cocky prick about things that you didn't understand.
    I was going to retract my statement and apologize since I misread what you said (of course, my opinion stills stands; Chick-Fil-A isn't going to make a difference on their economy, whether their unemployment rate was high or low, so there is zero point in bringing it up) as I can fess up to my mistakes.

However, I think I'll hold back on the apology but I will make something abundantly clear to you, since you haven't been here too long. Calling me a "cocky prick" isn't going to make me respect you or care about your opinion. In fact, I quite literally stopped reading your post after you called me that, so I literally don't know what you said nor do I care (my quote is where I stopped). If you want to fling personal insults, go right ahead; I'll care about as much as I did about your post and simply take pleasure in the fact that you wasted over 5 minutes of your life on an anime forum insulting a person over a post about a chicken restaurant.

Congratulations! You won 3 Internets.
    This is my war face.

This is what happens to trolls who mess with me.

11. Thanks Miss Moonlight thanked for this post
    Likes Ayu 「あゆ」, Ape liked this post
    Dislikes KingPopadopalus disliked this post
    Gil
    Lonely
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by wolfgirl90 View Post
    I was going to retract my statement and apologize since I misread what you said (of course, my opinion stills stands; Chick-Fil-A isn't going to make a difference on their economy, whether their unemployment rate was high or low, so there is zero point in bringing it up) as I can fess up to my mistakes.

However, I think I'll hold back on the apology but I will make something abundantly clear to you, since you haven't been here too long. Calling me a "cocky prick" isn't going to make me respect you or care about your opinion. In fact, I quite literally stopped reading your post after you called me that, so I literally don't know what you said nor do I care (my quote is where I stopped). If you want to fling personal insults, go right ahead; I'll care about as much as I did about your post and simply take pleasure in the fact that you wasted over 5 minutes of your life on an anime forum insulting a person over a post about a chicken restaurant.

Congratulations! You won 3 Internets.
    My care about what your feelings are in this internet forum or in real life for that matter are non existent. You were a prick and the fact that you realized it is good but next time make sure you comprehend what you're talking about before you post it. Take this as a learning experience in responding to posts.

Senior Member 44NekoStarr66 has a reputation beyond repute 44NekoStarr66 has a reputation beyond repute 44NekoStarr66 has a reputation beyond repute 44NekoStarr66 has a reputation beyond repute 44NekoStarr66 has a reputation beyond repute 44NekoStarr66 has a reputation beyond repute 44NekoStarr66 has a reputation beyond repute 44NekoStarr66 has a reputation beyond repute 44NekoStarr66 has a reputation beyond repute 44NekoStarr66 has a reputation beyond repute 44NekoStarr66 has a reputation beyond repute 44NekoStarr66's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Soul Eater Shinigami-sama Eva NERV
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-17-2012 03:45 AM
    Threads

I have friends in America that chat to me about this subject lately...quite frankly I think it's stupid and everyone should calm the frell down about it.
    To me, it's sounds like a bunch of people whining about an eating place not giving them respect...if I were gay I wouldn't give a rat's donkey about their beliefs unless they were clearly discriminating by not even allowing me to go through the door...then I'd be a bit pissed.
    One of the friends told me also that the owner donates to a group that wants to exterminate the gays completely which makes me laugh because her sources were solely from the interent |D almost 90% of the "info" on here is bullshit. unless the owner says himself he is catering to that type of group then I will believe it.
    Ad for this whole religion vs. homosexuals...that's old news and will always be old news. they will both whine and lady until their mouths are forcibly ripped off. i for one, don't care...cause...I don't have to directly deal with it.

Senior Member Syndicate has a reputation beyond repute Syndicate has a reputation beyond repute Syndicate has a reputation beyond repute Syndicate has a reputation beyond repute Syndicate has a reputation beyond repute Syndicate has a reputation beyond repute Syndicate has a reputation beyond repute Syndicate has a reputation beyond repute Syndicate has a reputation beyond repute Syndicate has a reputation beyond repute Syndicate has a reputation beyond repute Syndicate's Avatar
    Gil
    Wicked
    Gifts Hattori Hanzo Steel Soul Eater Soul Hattori Hanzo Steel
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-04-2019 03:35 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Silicone Kingdom

It's all a publicity stunt.
    Comeon peeps.

Senior Member Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-18-2023 05:24 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Something really bothers me about the guy is how he supports heterosexual marriage. I don't understand why a "homophobe" would wish something as cruel as marriage on other straight people. He must be some sort of divorce apologist. You've got men living out of their cars to the merciless alimony payment, and this dick only wants to protect that gays from this injustice? I dare that bastard to say it to all the homeless men, the suicidal men, the men who've expatriated, all violated by a crooked, sexist family court that hides behind the children to justify it.

I'm tired of these "homophobes" that do more damage to heterosexuals than they could ever do to homosexuals. We need the government evacuated from our bedrooms. No more government marriage! Let people make responsible contracts. Let people make the tough decisions from the start when everyone is level headed, rather than letting the government screw them over at the end in all of the chaos of falling out. It's a shame that men who had the pride enough to unionize and improve working conditions of their fellow men think it noble to tolerate the bullies in the family court.
    Last edited by Wio; 08-14-2012 at 06:30 AM.

AF's Resident Jerk Nephthys has a reputation beyond repute Nephthys has a reputation beyond repute Nephthys has a reputation beyond repute Nephthys has a reputation beyond repute Nephthys has a reputation beyond repute Nephthys has a reputation beyond repute Nephthys has a reputation beyond repute Nephthys has a reputation beyond repute Nephthys has a reputation beyond repute Nephthys has a reputation beyond repute Nephthys has a reputation beyond repute Nephthys's Avatar
    Gil
    Brooding
    Gifts Coke Candlejack Bullets
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-01-2021 10:00 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: Nephthys1

I don't eat there but not because they don't support homosexuals, it's because their food sucks.
    #team Checkers

As far as them denying services to homosexual people. I didn't realize you could look at someone and tell they were gay. Maybe the gays shouldn't be so damn flaming.
    Keep that crap in the bedroom, I'm just saying.

Senior Member Assiduous✡Aristocrat has a reputation beyond repute Assiduous✡Aristocrat has a reputation beyond repute Assiduous✡Aristocrat has a reputation beyond repute Assiduous✡Aristocrat has a reputation beyond repute Assiduous✡Aristocrat has a reputation beyond repute Assiduous✡Aristocrat has a reputation beyond repute Assiduous✡Aristocrat has a reputation beyond repute Assiduous✡Aristocrat has a reputation beyond repute Assiduous✡Aristocrat has a reputation beyond repute Assiduous✡Aristocrat has a reputation beyond repute Assiduous✡Aristocrat has a reputation beyond repute Assiduous✡Aristocrat's Avatar
    Gil
    Yeehaw
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-25-2016 03:10 AM
    Threads

People who don't approve of Homosexuality for biblical reasons, haven't read their bible.
    Last edited by Assiduous✡Aristocrat; 09-28-2012 at 07:01 PM.

Senior Member Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by טוביה View Post
    People who don't approve of Homosexuality for biblical reasons, haven't read their bible.
    Who actually needs to read the bible when you can just make stuff up to suit yourself? that's much easier.
    月の光は愛のメッセージ

STN-J Witch Hunter Robin Sena has a reputation beyond repute Robin Sena has a reputation beyond repute Robin Sena has a reputation beyond repute Robin Sena has a reputation beyond repute Robin Sena has a reputation beyond repute Robin Sena has a reputation beyond repute Robin Sena has a reputation beyond repute Robin Sena has a reputation beyond repute Robin Sena has a reputation beyond repute Robin Sena has a reputation beyond repute Robin Sena has a reputation beyond repute Robin Sena's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-26-2016 11:55 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I believe Chick Fil A is doing the bloody right thing.
    320 years have passed since the coven sank into the dark

I may have been born in The United States, but running through my veins is 70,000% UK blood.

Here's something from my blog:
    http://www.animeforum.com/blog.php?1...y-Special-Blog

Senior Member Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos's Avatar
    Gil
    Lonely
    Gifts Rainbow Ribbon 104 - Cubone Saxophone
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-15-2016 09:09 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Bassoonist26

I don't know about that. There are verses that mention homosexuality... Probably... (I say that because I remember there being some discrepancies) However, when it comes to same-sex marriage, this stance of opposing same-sex marriage is not supported by the Bible in reality. The Bible says a lot of things about marriage, but it doesn't mention same-sex marriage. Ironic that quite that the majority of the Bible's definitions of marriage these Christians who oppose same-sex marriage would never be able to support.

They don't care about what the Bible says, period. So it's not actually ironic. Everybody has their own values and prejudices that have no basis in the Bible whatsoever, and that's why there is so much picking and choosing. They have really run with it in trying to claim that same-sex marriage is against the Bible. They're relying on our ignorance so we'll believe it's a genuine religious belief. However, it isn't anything of the sort. Nor is opposition to homosexuality. If anybody actually followed the Bible they'd be total outlaws from our society. Instead they follow what Christianity has become, which is so far gone from the original Christianity. Which is actually in mostly good ways. It's had to progress to stay alive, naturally. However, even with our modern day adaption of Christianity, they shouldn't be able to get away with claiming homosexuality is wrong, but still eat shellfish and wear clothing with multiple fabrics. Those 'laws' could just as easily be applied to modern day Christians and they wouldn't be looked down upon for following them. Instead, they have adapted out all of those inconvenient laws that might actually hinder them while keeping the "homosexuality is bad" because it agrees with their personal prejudices against homosexuals.

Whoa, I went way off there. xD Seriously, though - the validity of opposition to same-sex marriage on the grounds of the Bible is extremely shaky if not altogether non-existent. Don't even get me started on "Traditional Marriage". Ultimate buzzwords of ignorance.

~Made by me~

Senior Member Assiduous✡Aristocrat has a reputation beyond repute Assiduous✡Aristocrat has a reputation beyond repute Assiduous✡Aristocrat has a reputation beyond repute Assiduous✡Aristocrat has a reputation beyond repute Assiduous✡Aristocrat has a reputation beyond repute Assiduous✡Aristocrat has a reputation beyond repute Assiduous✡Aristocrat has a reputation beyond repute Assiduous✡Aristocrat has a reputation beyond repute Assiduous✡Aristocrat has a reputation beyond repute Assiduous✡Aristocrat has a reputation beyond repute Assiduous✡Aristocrat has a reputation beyond repute Assiduous✡Aristocrat's Avatar
    Gil
    Yeehaw
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Bassoonista View Post
    I don't know about that. There are verses that mention homosexuality...
    You're thinking of;
    Leviticus 18:22 (KJV)
    "Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination."

Leviticus 20:13 (KJV)
    "If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them."

Put in full context, this will make a lot more sense. Because the mentioning of these condemnations are accompanied by some other condemnations, collectively known as the Holiness Code, including:

Leviticus 11:6-7 condemning the consumption of pork and rabbit.
    Leviticus 17:15-16 condemning consumption of those who die from natural causes.
    Leviticus 18:19 condemning sexual relations with a woman menstruating.
    Leviticus 19:28 condemning any marks or cuttings into your flesh (including tattoos).
    Leviticus 21:10 condemning an anointed priest uncovering his head.

Of course, these aren't the only things condemned in Leviticus. So, why do we not follow these customs?

Well, in Yeshua's own words, "Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfill." (Matthew 5:17) To further elaborate, "For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law." (Hebrews 7:12).

In other words, these practices were the covenant of the Israelites of that time, symbolic of the Messiah's final covenant. Whereas animals were sacrificed by the Levitical laws, Jesus was the Christians sacrifice. Ergo, the "lamb of God". And thus, their new covenant. As they're are not bound by the old covenant, its laws are not applicable to them or us. This is affirmed in Matthew 15:1-28 and, again, in Acts 10:1-29 where the aforementioned consumption laws are admonished.

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Sena View Post
    I believe Chick Fil A is doing the bloody right thing.
    Stay butthurt, tiger
    Last edited by Assiduous✡Aristocrat; 10-02-2012 at 11:40 PM.

Member Redpanda has a reputation beyond repute Redpanda has a reputation beyond repute Redpanda has a reputation beyond repute Redpanda has a reputation beyond repute Redpanda has a reputation beyond repute Redpanda has a reputation beyond repute Redpanda has a reputation beyond repute Redpanda has a reputation beyond repute Redpanda has a reputation beyond repute Redpanda has a reputation beyond repute Redpanda has a reputation beyond repute Redpanda's Avatar
    Gil
    Chatty
    Gifts Panda
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-09-2012 09:21 AM
    Threads

I couldn't care less, even if there was a chick-fill-a anywhere near me. But stating that you dislike homosexuals is not professional at all as a company, it's just childish in my opinion.

And the same goes for people, I seriously couldn't care less whether you want to make love with the same sex or not, it doesn't change anything. But blaring out that you hate homosexuals is plain stupid, people can't change what you think and they shouldn't but just keep it to yourself when it's completely irrelevant. This doesn't only apply for homosexuality, this applies for everything.

Senior Member Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos's Avatar
    Gil
    Lonely
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Leviticus 19:28 condemning any marks or cuttings into your flesh (including tattoos).
    Well, then, this is pretty ironic:

I saw it on Tumblr yesterday.

What the hell kind of person would get a tattoo like that anyway? Certainly not anybody I'd ever wish to associate with.

~Made by me~

Gil
    Yeehaw
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Bassoonista View Post
    Well, then, this is pretty ironic:
    You're expecting to much.

STN-J Witch Hunter Robin Sena has a reputation beyond repute Robin Sena has a reputation beyond repute Robin Sena has a reputation beyond repute Robin Sena has a reputation beyond repute Robin Sena has a reputation beyond repute Robin Sena has a reputation beyond repute Robin Sena has a reputation beyond repute Robin Sena has a reputation beyond repute Robin Sena has a reputation beyond repute Robin Sena has a reputation beyond repute Robin Sena has a reputation beyond repute Robin Sena's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-26-2016 11:55 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Stay butthurt, tiger[/URL]
    Meaning?
    320 years have passed since the coven sank into the dark

I may have been born in The United States, but running through my veins is 70,000% UK blood.

Here's something from my blog:
    http://www.animeforum.com/blog.php?1...y-Special-Blog

Gil
    Lonely
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

I shouldn't be. How can you claim to follow a religion when you don't even know what it says? Moreover how can you condemn a group of people who are, in reality, doing no wrong? Again, I just can't help but think that this is all rooted in a natural hatred of what's different. It is, of course, nourished by the homophobic environment that many are exposed to in some churches. Still, how can they not question? How can they, if they genuinely hold a Christian worldview, not go looking into this to see all of the laws that they need to follow? This part has completely lost me. I just don't understand how Christianity stands up anymore. It's been so heavily modified. Large parts of it are ignored. The believers don't seem to give any kind of crap what is actually said in the Bible. Yet they claim with such certainty that it is the inerrant word of God, and that homosexuals are condemned to eternal hellfire.

It all makes my head hurt. >.<
    Last edited by Aulos; 10-03-2012 at 11:09 PM.

~Made by me~

27. Likes Assiduous✡Aristocrat liked this post
Closed Thread

Thread Information