AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Need Some Character Opinions and Other Stuffs, Rawr! :3

AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin's Avatar
    Gil
    Sleepy
    Gifts Mic Dr Who Tardis Guy Fawkes Mask
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-31-2012 05:08 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hikarin96Solas

Default Need Some Character Opinions and Other Stuffs, Rawr! :3

I need a little input on some character names for a story I'm making, しずくたち which is set more than a thousand years into the future. I just can't think of what to do about them myself!><

So, the first is an opinion on what is the best thing I should choose to call one of the mains. There are five main characters, but I'm torn between 秋菜, 秋葉 and 秋絵 on what to call one of them, so a second opinion would be great!^^ I do kinda like the sound of Akina though....
    I should explain that the first letter does have to be (and pronounced "aki") since four of the main characters are named after the seasons. I know there are other ways of reading the characters, but I rather it this way :x I should also explain that this story is about.... hmmm.... the best way I'd put it is "ability users" and the complications surrounding many people with new-found powers. I guess the whole story has a deeper meaning though which I won't go into.... Anyway, their names are 原田夏実 (Natsumi Harada), 冨澤冬樹 (Fuyuki Tomisawa), 井上春男 (Haruo Inoue) and 軸丸秋~ (Aki~ Jikumaru). And, together they are.... the Shunkashuutou Rangers!!! Nah, just kidding ;'p

The second name thing I need help on is a made-up sirname for the last main character, 和彦 and his little brother, こうた. To help with a naming, I should explain what I am looking for in the sirname.
    The clan Kazuhiko and his brother are from made a pact with a pack of white 妖狐 a long time ago. These youko (which they reside with) come to their aid and so forth and the clan is known to have a history of winter-related ablilties. However, there is a legend in the clan about a black fox with red tips (on the ears and tail) and white eyes. I would like the character for fox, , to be part of the sirname for that reason, but I'm not sure what else to put with it! Any cool suggestions from you smart-minded people? I have thought of different ways of making something up, like with refference to the shining white coat that these youko posses, but I don't know....

Also, if you really hate one of the readings I have given for any of the other characters' names, I don't have an issue with you suggesting a different one as long as the name is still pronounced the same. The sirnames have not been set in stone though.... This is by far my most ever-changing story :x

Currently listening to: Gin'iro Konpeitou Gakudan (Yura Hatsuki x Konori)'s "Gentou PAREEDO ~phantasm parade~"
    Currently playing: Breath of Fire III on PSP
    Currently watching: Kuroshitsuji

紺碧の闇
    AnimeLyrics Admin
    AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark's Avatar
    Gil
    Busy
    Gifts Little Big Planet Sackboy Neko Tv Prinny
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-13-2015 07:12 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: azutsukimiya

Default Re: Need Some Character Opinions and Other Stuffs, Rawr! :3

You forgot one important thing, the char's gender...

祝! 『禁断の病棟』 アニメ化!

Roarrrrrrrrrrr!
    AnimeLyrics Admin
    animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Be Mine 143 - Snorlax Cookie
    Mentioned
    752 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-09-2013 08:56 AM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

For the surname, I'll give you my suggestions, since it's gender-neutral.

You can try 狐白 (こはく), which would be pronounced the same way as amber 琥珀 (こはく). LOL did I just make a reference to you?

Anyway, I guess 狐雪 (きせつ) could also work... It would be pronounced the same way as seasons 季節 (きせつ).

Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin has a reputation beyond repute Hikarin's Avatar
    Gil
    Sleepy
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Ho~.... those are some good ideas and I suppose you did!XD Although, whenever I hear "Kohaku" I think of "Kohaku Hearts" from the Tales game!X3
    And sorry, I should have mentioned the genders ;p Well, I think it's obvious that Kazuhiko and Kouta are guys since I used the words "his" and "little brother" in the first post (besides, I'd be shocked to find that Kazuhiko could be a girls name!XD).
    Now, as for the others....
    Natsumi and Aki~ are girls and Fuyuki and Haruo are guys.

I can't figure out which is better out of those two names you gave me animeyay.... they're both really good; seriously. I would never have thought of those combinations. I guess "Kisetsu" would make you think of the winter season in particular though which is good because the mountain they live on is always winter.... but Kohaku sounds really nice.... hmmm....

Currently listening to: Gin'iro Konpeitou Gakudan (Yura Hatsuki x Konori)'s "Gentou PAREEDO ~phantasm parade~"

Roarrrrrrrrrrr!
    AnimeLyrics Admin
    animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    752 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

I see. For 秋菜, 秋葉 and 秋絵, I'd say definitely steer away from Akiba, since it reminds me of Akihabara (秋葉原) and the Akiba-kei (アキバ系), which includes but is not limited to the Otaku people. Akina and Akie are both acceptable female names, so I guess it's up to you? Akina carries a sense of harvest and fruition, while Akie a sense of autumn scenery.

Gil
    Sleepy
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

I should also have mentioned the reading I was thinking!XD
    秋菜 = Akina
    秋葉 = Akiha
    秋絵 = Akie

I know, they both sound really pretty though :x It's so tricky for me to choose names. Does it help any to tell you she is a (generally) bright and bubbly character? She has her serious sides though.... Mayumi-chan couldn't decide either....

Roarrrrrrrrrrr!
    AnimeLyrics Admin
    Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    752 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

秋葉 read as Akiha is definitely rare, but I suppose it's not impossible. Still though, when people (who know Japanese) see the name in kanji, the first thing that comes into their mind would be "Akiba".

But now knowing her personality, I think the sound of Akiha befits her the most. That HA sound is very open and frictionless, as opposed to the more constricted NA or E sound. (Sorry for the linguistics OT here...^^) Could you try a different kanji for HA? For example, 秋羽 instead of 秋葉? I just can't get Akihabara out of my mind...=P

Gil
    Sleepy
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

I know, that's why I hate reading names; I'm never too sure how they're actually read!XD
    Half the people I know when they see 華子 also think of "Hanako" before anything else, yet this other character of mine (who is actually Aki~ in a previous life) is actually read as "Kanako". I have a lot of characters that have irregular name readings. It just makes things interesting.

Hmmm? Oh.... that doesn't sound too bad either. Like a feather huh.... This is tricky now. And I don't mind^^ I like your intake here. Personally, Akihabara completely slipped my mind when I was selecting that reading.
    I am truly hopeless with names. Half my characters just have random names I picked by closing my eyes and pointing at something, but that's in some of my more ordinary stories.

紺碧の闇
    AnimeLyrics Admin
    AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark's Avatar
    Gil
    Busy
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by animeyay
    秋葉 read as Akiha is definitely rare
    You've definitely never seen Tsukihime have you?

祝! 『禁断の病棟』 アニメ化!

Roarrrrrrrrrrr!
    AnimeLyrics Admin
    Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    752 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Quote Originally Posted by AzureDark View Post
    You've definitely never seen Tsukihime have you?
    Nope XD
    There are a lot of things I should have seen but haven't, hehe

Gil
    Sleepy
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

That's another thing there; I can't stop thinking of Akiha from Tsukihime no matter how much I like that name ;p Mayumi just said she is leaning towards Akie though....
    What about Kouta? Any reading suggestions for him?

紺碧の闇
    AnimeLyrics Admin
    Gil
    Busy
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

If the bulk of the story is in English then don't go with Akie because people will start pronouncing her name wrong (if this bothers you in the first place...). How about Akimi? Kanji is 秋生 btw... well, you like weird readings don't you

Kouta can be a girl's name; One of Maori's twin sisters in Arcana Heart is 小唄. But of course it's more common for a male to have it, you got 4 choices here, I'd pick the first.

祝! 『禁断の病棟』 アニメ化!

Gil
    Sleepy
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

No; I'm initially writing this story in English, but only because I'm constantly changing it. No one will really see it in English for a while unless I release both an English and Japanese version at the same time. Hopefully after seeing the Japanese version, they'll get the idea. This story is intended to be introduced to the Japanese audience you see.
    In the beginning, I had a lot of names starting with Aki to choose from, but I decided against it because I didn't want two of my main characters names to end in "mi" even though they mean different things.

I know, that's why I made sure to mention that he was Kazuhiko's "little brother" ;p
    Then 康太 it is^^ (yeah, I really couldn't decide!)
    Last edited by Hikarin; 12-30-2010 at 10:56 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information