AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: You don't like it? Then we're through!

Nice Boat Captain Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa.'s Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Gifts Strawberry Nunchaku Blue Saber
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-09-2021 05:03 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    The Hellish Death Realms where demons dwell (a.k.a. Planet Earth)
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Post You don't like it? Then we're through!

So I was bored and checked out Star Wars' IMDB (Internet Movie Database) page to read some topics and opinions. I come across a funny thread on how some guy's girlfriend hadn't seen SW before, and when she did, she didn't like it, and he broke up with her. The franchise dominates a good portion of his time and life, and he watches it whenever he is depressed, wants to relax, etc. Of course, I never take these things seriously, but it did give me a topic idea.

Would you break up with your girlfriend/boyfriend (fiance, spouse) over them not liking something you like so much, almost to the point of obsession? How would you feel if they lied to you about liking a certain thing? Over something small like: "I don't like that tie, change it," or, "I don't like that dress," obviously not, but if it's something you really hold dear to you, maybe so, right? What would it take for a break up between you two if that wasn't the case?

I think couples who are either older, more mature, or have a really well developed relationship will not let something like this bother them. I mean, I wouldn't break up with my girlfriend if she didn't like martial arts movies, but it does dominate some part of my life(maybe to the point where I would like for her to enjoy it too). But really, you must have some common interests with each other, or that's one relationship that's bound to fail sooner rather than later.

Oh, Hi-deeki, imagine... your kind not eating raw fish! ^_^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kE38SKRT4ak

Senior Member SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    1401 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-14-2014 06:26 AM
    Berwald Oxenstiernas (Hetalia) vital regions [Sweden]
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Re: You don't like it? Then we're through!

Wait just a minute and hold your horses! There is someone out there who doesn't like StarWars??!

Anyway, back to the thread:
    --------------------------------------------------------

Depends...

If my guy were doing drugs / cheating on me or so, then yes I would perhaps leave him. But for other things then 'those-kind-of-things' I really don't think so... I really have a hard time seeing it since we already have some interests that are really different from eachothers. For example he went away to stay at a friends house this whole week just to play Skyrim, but Im not leaving him for that. Lol. Even if I feel a little dissed at the moment, but what can a woman do when a game like that is released? xD Hahahahah! I will make him pay me back when we meet again. I will look at him with puppy eyes and make him feel guilty and bad so he'll spoil me. Mehähähäh!

I don't like when people are lying to me. I prefer when people are honest, even if that would make them telling me that I don't look good in a certain outfit. I prefer them telling me that, then not saying anything. And about that 'long relationship'-thing then yes perhaps you are right. I think that the chance of someone breaking up with you for not liking StarWas is much bigger in the beginning of a relationship then if you would find out something like that after some years. But then I thnk that goes with any kind of bigger interest that you have. For example one of my friends loves horses and can ride on them for hours each day, if she would meet a guy that doesn't like horses it's a much bigger chance of him breaking up with her in the beginning of their relationship then if he after some years would find out about them and say 'Horses? Oh snap! So that's what you have been up to all these years and hours you have been leaving the house...'. The chance of him not breaking up with her then would be much bigger then before because he by then would have been together with her for years, and hopefully still being in love with her. It's much harder to leave a person that you love and have been together with for years, then someone that you have a mere crush one and have been knowing for some weeks/months.

As long as my guy gives me attention, I don't care if he plays videogames now and then for some hours. I don't have to be together with him 24/7. Me and my fiancée have been together since 2005, if that makes any difference.

---------- Post added at 01:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:22 AM ----------

@Hideki Motosuwa.
    Can you perhaps give me the link to that page? Now I really want to read it! xD
    Last edited by SuXrys; 11-20-2011 at 06:33 PM.

Waiting for
    Christmas
    Season four of Sherlock
    The new Hobbit movie
    Season five of Game of Thrones
    New episodes of Downton Abbey

3. Likes Loxaerion liked this post
    Senior Member Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-19-2017 04:54 PM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

This might seem strange because the point of breaking is Star Wars, but it's not that uncommon when you step back and see that it happens all the time due to things like difference in religious opinions.

Junior Member Rusbell is on a distinguished road Rusbell's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-21-2011 10:43 AM
    Threads

Music is a massive part of my life and even more so metal, alot of extreme metal bands like Dark Tranquillity and Profundi and such. Though Prog. metal always has my heart, Dream Theater FTW! getting off topic there.. It's the emotions and our bond that would matter to me, not some silly obsession I may have. So my answer is no.

6. Likes Volta liked this post
    つき *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki*'s Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts 001 - Bulbasaur Cowboy Hat Dr Who Tardis
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-30-2021 04:30 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

If I realize I'm on the brink of obsession, then I'd be okay if they didn't like it.

I mean, as long as he accepts my obsession and doesn't nag me about it. To each their own.

Roarrrrrrrrrrr!
    AnimeLyrics Admin
    animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Be Mine 143 - Snorlax Cookie
    Mentioned
    754 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-29-2016 11:05 PM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Quote Originally Posted by Tsuki. View Post
    If I realize I'm on the brink of obsession, then I'd be okay if they didn't like it.

I mean, as long as he accepts my obsession and doesn't nag me about it. To each their own.

9. Likes *Tsuki* liked this post
    Senior Member Arrisu has a reputation beyond repute Arrisu has a reputation beyond repute Arrisu has a reputation beyond repute Arrisu has a reputation beyond repute Arrisu has a reputation beyond repute Arrisu has a reputation beyond repute Arrisu has a reputation beyond repute Arrisu has a reputation beyond repute Arrisu has a reputation beyond repute Arrisu has a reputation beyond repute Arrisu has a reputation beyond repute Arrisu's Avatar
    Gil
    Devilish
    Gifts Cake Spinning Beach Ball Doom Baka
    Mentioned
    375 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-26-2016 06:47 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

That poor girl. At least she tried to watch it with him. I think it's a little silly to dump somebody because they don't share your obession with something. I am obessed over SHINee, but I am not expecting my boyfriend to be beside me fangirling over the boy band. Same thing with Star Wars. Same thing with Anime. Same thing with gaming.

"I will make Hiyori the happiest girl in this world..."

11. Likes Videlreyes liked this post
    Member MusashiKatana is infamous around these parts MusashiKatana is infamous around these parts MusashiKatana is infamous around these parts MusashiKatana is infamous around these parts MusashiKatana is infamous around these parts MusashiKatana is infamous around these parts MusashiKatana is infamous around these parts MusashiKatana is infamous around these parts MusashiKatana is infamous around these parts MusashiKatana is infamous around these parts MusashiKatana is infamous around these parts MusashiKatana's Avatar
    Gil
    Pensive
    Gifts 006 - Charizard Wizzard M1911
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-23-2011 12:21 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I have no idea. It sort of depends to me. I would never want a relationship anyway

Thrust through the heavens with your spirit!! Volta has a reputation beyond repute Volta has a reputation beyond repute Volta has a reputation beyond repute Volta has a reputation beyond repute Volta has a reputation beyond repute Volta has a reputation beyond repute Volta has a reputation beyond repute Volta has a reputation beyond repute Volta has a reputation beyond repute Volta has a reputation beyond repute Volta has a reputation beyond repute Volta's Avatar
    Gil
    Drunk
    Gifts Flamingo Cake Lie
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-01-2012 04:48 AM
    Threads

There is earnestly nothing. Religion, but that would be decided beforehand, I wouldn't be on my honeymoon finding out my fiance is a Muslim right before we start getting jiggy.

But in terms of nerdy things, there is nothing like that.

Junior Member Rusbell is on a distinguished road Rusbell's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-21-2011 10:43 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Volta View Post
    There is earnestly nothing. Religion, but that would be decided beforehand, I wouldn't be on my honeymoon finding out my fiance is a Muslim right before we start getting jiggy.

But in terms of nerdy things, there is nothing like that.
    I like your Sn, it makes me think of The Mars Volta.

15. Likes Assiduous✡Aristocrat liked this post
    Senior Member Hypatia has a reputation beyond repute Hypatia has a reputation beyond repute Hypatia has a reputation beyond repute Hypatia has a reputation beyond repute Hypatia has a reputation beyond repute Hypatia has a reputation beyond repute Hypatia has a reputation beyond repute Hypatia has a reputation beyond repute Hypatia has a reputation beyond repute Hypatia has a reputation beyond repute Hypatia has a reputation beyond repute Hypatia's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-28-2019 09:52 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

NO, Everyone is entitled to like and dislike whatever they want. Just to end a relationship over a movie is stupid. If you are going to do that then clearly you are not old/mature enough to be in a romantic relationship because that is clear childish behavior.
    With maturity comes the understanding that different people like different things and that eventually you cant have every single thing incommon with another person as, (as much as I hate to say this) We are all unique and there is only one of each person in this world.

Thrust through the heavens with your spirit!! Volta has a reputation beyond repute Volta has a reputation beyond repute Volta has a reputation beyond repute Volta has a reputation beyond repute Volta has a reputation beyond repute Volta has a reputation beyond repute Volta has a reputation beyond repute Volta has a reputation beyond repute Volta has a reputation beyond repute Volta has a reputation beyond repute Volta has a reputation beyond repute Volta's Avatar
    Gil
    Drunk
    Gifts Flamingo Cake Lie
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Rusbell View Post
    I like your Sn, it makes me think of The Mars Volta.
    Sn?

Member Joker34z has a reputation beyond repute Joker34z has a reputation beyond repute Joker34z has a reputation beyond repute Joker34z has a reputation beyond repute Joker34z has a reputation beyond repute Joker34z has a reputation beyond repute Joker34z has a reputation beyond repute Joker34z has a reputation beyond repute Joker34z has a reputation beyond repute Joker34z has a reputation beyond repute Joker34z has a reputation beyond repute Joker34z's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheerful
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-22-2011 11:27 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

at some point in life I think you outgrow these types of behaviors I wouldn't break up with her if she refused to see me perform onstage. My smoking is always something i'm weary of when getting into a new relationship. I can't tell you how many times the Red hot Tamale candy has been my personal savior. I always dread them finding my personal stash of breath fresheners....

Morphine. Kanjoudakai_Ira has a reputation beyond repute Kanjoudakai_Ira has a reputation beyond repute Kanjoudakai_Ira has a reputation beyond repute Kanjoudakai_Ira has a reputation beyond repute Kanjoudakai_Ira has a reputation beyond repute Kanjoudakai_Ira has a reputation beyond repute Kanjoudakai_Ira has a reputation beyond repute Kanjoudakai_Ira has a reputation beyond repute Kanjoudakai_Ira has a reputation beyond repute Kanjoudakai_Ira has a reputation beyond repute Kanjoudakai_Ira has a reputation beyond repute Kanjoudakai_Ira's Avatar
    Gil
    Busy
    Gifts Paint Palette Gun Camera Dslr
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-04-2012 09:22 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Breaking up with someone because they don't like what you like is plain retarded. I mean, if you're so concerned about the other person liking what you like, how about you spend some time knowing that person before getting in a relationship? =/ ]
    On the other hand, nobody likes someone nagging on what they like, but that's a problem and that means your partner doesn't respect you, and if your partner doesn't even respect your tastes then they most likely will disappoint you in other aspects too...
    No Mercy,
    No Remorse.

||Thank you MaruDashi for the great set!||

Nice Boat Captain Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa.'s Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Gifts Strawberry Nunchaku Blue Saber
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-09-2021 05:03 AM
    The Hellish Death Realms where demons dwell (a.k.a. Planet Earth)
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Volta View Post
    Sn?
    He likes your screen name.

Oh, Hi-deeki, imagine... your kind not eating raw fish! ^_^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kE38SKRT4ak

Gil
    Drunk
    Gifts Flamingo Cake Lie
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

OH, screen name. Well, you should see this thread that I started in the music form (that nobody has posted on >.<)

http://www.animeforum.com/showthread...The-Mars-Volta

Senior Member Assiduous✡Aristocrat has a reputation beyond repute Assiduous✡Aristocrat has a reputation beyond repute Assiduous✡Aristocrat has a reputation beyond repute Assiduous✡Aristocrat has a reputation beyond repute Assiduous✡Aristocrat has a reputation beyond repute Assiduous✡Aristocrat has a reputation beyond repute Assiduous✡Aristocrat has a reputation beyond repute Assiduous✡Aristocrat has a reputation beyond repute Assiduous✡Aristocrat has a reputation beyond repute Assiduous✡Aristocrat has a reputation beyond repute Assiduous✡Aristocrat has a reputation beyond repute Assiduous✡Aristocrat's Avatar
    Gil
    Yeehaw
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-25-2016 03:10 AM
    Threads

I could date a religious person, but not a person that didn't like Star Wars.

Senior Member Bubblegum Pop has a reputation beyond repute Bubblegum Pop has a reputation beyond repute Bubblegum Pop has a reputation beyond repute Bubblegum Pop has a reputation beyond repute Bubblegum Pop has a reputation beyond repute Bubblegum Pop has a reputation beyond repute Bubblegum Pop has a reputation beyond repute Bubblegum Pop has a reputation beyond repute Bubblegum Pop has a reputation beyond repute Bubblegum Pop has a reputation beyond repute Bubblegum Pop has a reputation beyond repute Bubblegum Pop's Avatar
    Gil
    Bored
    Gifts Be Mine Heart Art Tools
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-22-2015 02:12 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: catalystqueen

I really don't care what my bf likes. As long as he loves me and I love him then i'm ok. It's okay to like different things. We have a lot in common anyway, were both gamers, nerds, love food... :P

I just think it's funny how some people won't date people if they like this or not like this. I have a friend who HATES wrestling and when I try to find a nice girl for him, if she likes wrestling he wont even talk to her.

Made by me!

"See? We met again, like we promised."

I miss you guys. <3

Geek of Games GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks's Avatar
    Gil
    Paranoid
    Gifts Jade Disc Cookie Cookie
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-28-2017 05:24 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: GameGeeks

Quote Originally Posted by SuXrys View Post
    I will make him pay me back when we meet again. I will look at him with puppy eyes and make him feel guilty and bad so he'll spoil me. Mehähähäh!
    That the problem with your kind, always quick to the manipulation. Always have to have some sort of leash, don't ya?

They should have named it Doom4 or something DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM!'s Avatar
    Gil
    Drunk
    Gifts Binoculars Kawaiislice Medkit
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-08-2023 04:46 AM
    Threads

I'd dump him too at the mere sight of SW. If any of my friends ever mentioned Star Wars at any ocasion, I'd take my bag of weed away from them; and if they'd insist on it, I'd abandon them for good. Thankfully, no one like SW.

It's never safe to turn off your computer - Silent Strike

Senior Member SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    1401 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-14-2014 06:26 AM
    Berwald Oxenstiernas (Hetalia) vital regions [Sweden]
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GameGeeks View Post
    That the problem with your kind, always quick to the manipulation. Always have to have some sort of leash, don't ya?
    You know it! Attachment 54155

Attachment 54154

Waiting for
    Christmas
    Season four of Sherlock
    The new Hobbit movie
    Season five of Game of Thrones
    New episodes of Downton Abbey

Fuchsia Ruler Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah's Avatar
    Gil
    Sassy
    Gifts Heart Pisces Double Bento
    Mentioned
    309 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-02-2016 06:57 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Nope, I wouldn't go that far of dumping someone because they don't like whatever I like. It depends so much on the situation, if they're an alcoholic and a drug user I'm considering dumping. But I don't have to worry about that, I don't go for those guys anyway. Where's the "I love you and respect you" thing in the relationship? It follows through with everything including interests. There are some stuff I don't exactly like so much from my fiance, but I love seeing him happy so I let him be. And he's just the same with me, probably there are some stuff he doesn't like from me but he accepts it. Love is unconditional after all.

SES Member Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-16-2017 05:34 AM
    Threads

George Lucas, you've ruined your last relationship!
    If each mistake being made is a new one, then progress is being made.

Closed Thread

Thread Information