AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Anime/Manga/Cosplay and lifestyle

  1. #1
    Junior Member FormlessPersonality is infamous around these parts FormlessPersonality is infamous around these parts FormlessPersonality is infamous around these parts FormlessPersonality is infamous around these parts FormlessPersonality is infamous around these parts FormlessPersonality is infamous around these parts FormlessPersonality is infamous around these parts FormlessPersonality is infamous around these parts FormlessPersonality is infamous around these parts FormlessPersonality is infamous around these parts FormlessPersonality is infamous around these parts FormlessPersonality's Avatar
    Gil
    232.00
    Gender
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-19-2010 12:06 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Age
    30
    Threads
    1
    Posts
    11
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Anime/Manga/Cosplay and lifestyle

    I will say this only one time.
    Watching anime for sake of entertainment is immature as well as going to cosplay.
    Example:
    The more older and mature you get, the more time you start to spend on usefull things. Grow up people who are mature do not play videogames, because you do not gain anything from them. They watch 10 times less movies, than when they was young. It seams, that mature people do not care so much about entertainment as young people.


    My father DO watch movies (anyone need entertainment), but most of time he plays chess, what is considered to develope logical thinking therefore chess is considered to be USEFULL.


    Doing anything for sake of entertainment and fun is useless and noone of you can argue with it. The more you do something useless and pointless, the more uselees and pointless you are! Since you watch anime for sake of entertainment and since you attend cosplays for sake of entertainment YOU DONT GAIN NOTHING FROM IT, insted you coud spend that 1 hour in studys or sports or whatever is usefull. In this case, you woud gain much more that simply “killing time” what you are doing by going to cosplays and watching anime for sake of fun.



    So if person refuses from doing something usefull in order to simply kill time with pointless action and by doing so, he wont gain nothing, than simply loose few hours of his life,that person are irresponsible and therefore immature, because immaturity go “shoulder to shoulder” with irresponsibility.




    I do watch anime because of philosophy there. I do not care is it fun or not. In this case I do develope my mind, because I analyze ethics and meaning behind anime. Therefore I can say, that I am deep person, while all those anime fans who watch anime for sake of entertainment and all those who go to cosplay to simply get some fun or kill time are shallow and immature. You are kids- face it! If they was mature, they woud understand pointless of watching anime for sake of entertainment. They woud understand how pointless it is to kill time with something useless while you can kill same time doing something usefull.



    If you choose to do something useless insted of something usefull you are kid. You simply can’t be bored, because you feel uncomfortable when you are boored. Grow up people do not care about beeing boored, therefore they can concentrate on usefull things.
    If you watch anime for sake of entertainment- YOU ARE KID! I just proved it…



    P.S. Do not put word in my mouth. Of course you can do useless thing in order to kill time, but since that is pointless and since noone can prove that killing time with useless things is NOT pointless, the LESS time you spend doing something useless the better it will be.[COLOR=Silver]

    ---------- Post added at 05:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:50 PM ----------

    I coud play video games all day long.
    I coud watch anime for sake of entertainment
    I coud go to cosplay
    I coud spend my time in partys 24/7

    Why I do not do that? Because while you laught watching your anime, I study. While you talk with your friends I do sport. While you play video games I work and earn money.


    I hope you do understand how shallow it is to go to cosplay and watch anime for sake of entertainment.

    ---------- Post added at 06:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:51 PM ----------

    I so hate to say negative things (not really) but if you look on things from logical side- you understand this yourself. If majority of people do something, like watch anime for sake of fun, it DO NOT mean, that itis right thing to do.

    Majorty of worlds population thinks that anime fans are weird and loosers, but we all know that they are wrong. This is perfect example why majority is not allways right....
    Last edited by FormlessPersonality; 12-19-2010 at 08:54 AM.

  2. #2
    The Beat of the Rain Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn's Avatar
    Gil
    2,722.78
    Gender
    My Mood
    Amused
    Gifts PPG Buttercup Razor Spinning Beach Ball Doom
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-05-2014 10:56 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Brockton, Massachusetts
    Age
    25
    Threads
    155
    Posts
    12,890
    Blog Entries
    451
    AW Wallpapers
    1
    Rep Power
    6803

    Default Re: Anime/Manga/Cosplay and lifestyle

    Obvious troll is obvious, but, whatever.


    Essentially you're saying that doing anything that you enjoy purely because you enjoy it is meaningless and immature, and that if you do something that isn't solely directed toward being productive then you're wasting your time.

    The more older and mature you get, the more time you start to spend on usefull things. Grow up people who are mature do not play videogames, because you do not gain anything from them. They watch 10 times less movies, than when they was young. It seams, that mature people do not care so much about entertainment as young people.
    The older and more mature one gets, the more time you have to spend on "useful" things. You need to work to provide for yourself, you have to take care of what you own, you have to take care of yourself, and you have to take care of your family. In this context, maturity is responsibility. But simply because one has grown older that does not mean their life is entirely dominated by their responsibilities; indeed, can they not have hobbies to enjoy between taking care of what their adult responsibilities require? Is their life to be defined and measured solely based on their ability to do nothing but work? The issue here is not that "mature people do not care so much about entertainment as young people", but that they simply have less time to spend on doing things they enjoy for the sake of enjoyment because they have to take care of the "needs" of their life before their "wants".

    My father DO watch movies (anyone need entertainment), but most of time he plays chess, what is considered to develope logical thinking therefore chess is considered to be USEFULL.
    Then he's watching movies for the sake of entertainment, and by your logic, your father is immature. And I will state that most people don't play chess to develop methods of logical thinking; chess is a test of strategy - of foresight. People play chess as a hobby, as something in which they find entertainment. In this view, chess is just another form of entertainment that just so happens to require strategic thought; the purpose in playing is not to better one's self, but to better one's chess game and have more fun, because no one enjoys losing.

    Doing anything for sake of entertainment and fun is useless and noone of you can argue with it. The more you do something useless and pointless, the more uselees and pointless you are! Since you watch anime for sake of entertainment and since you attend cosplays for sake of entertainment YOU DONT GAIN NOTHING FROM IT, insted you coud spend that 1 hour in studys or sports or whatever is usefull. In this case, you woud gain much more that simply “killing time” what you are doing by going to cosplays and watching anime for sake of fun.
    Doing anything for the sake of entertainment is not useless. It may not be productive in regard to the rest of society, but it provides you with entertainment. Therein, it provides you with happiness, something that one would not find while living a lifestyle in which their sole focus was the completion of one's duties and responsibilities, which would provide more a sense of fulfillment if nothing else.

    And, logically, "the more you do something useless and pointless, the more useless and pointless you are" makes no sense at all. There are no degrees of uselessness nor pointlessness; something is useless or it isn't, something is pointless or it isn't. The continued engagement of a "useless" activity does not continue to devalue the person engaged.

    Furthermore, people gain plenty from watching anime and participating in cosplay events. It is through shared hobbies that we are able to meet people similar to ourselves and to find friends; anime and cosplay are as much group activities as they are solo activities. Schools have anime clubs, fans can create doujinshi, and cosplay requires the development of skills in sewing, production, replication, fashion, and so forth. In this light, could cosplay not be seen as a form of sculpture as well as fashion? In what way is this any more "useless" than playing sports? In sports you find comradery, you make friends, and you better yourself at a certain set of skills. Does one who cosplays not accomplish this through their hobby? What of conventions, clubs, and groups one forms because of their enjoyment of anime and of cosplay? Or, in another view, because one does not truly accomplish something in sports that provides for one's self or for one's community, is it not just as "useless" as watching anime or cosplaying?

    So if person refuses from doing something usefull in order to simply kill time with pointless action and by doing so, he wont gain nothing, than simply loose few hours of his life,that person are irresponsible and therefore immature, because immaturity go “shoulder to shoulder” with irresponsibility.
    What about the expansion of one's views that one gains through anime? Or having fun and laughing; does that not constitute gaining some level of happiness?

    Indeed, one is immature if they hold no responsibilities, or refuse to acknowledge their responsibilities, but maturity is not solely limited to responsibility. Maturity is doing what you have to do, taking care of your responsibilities, but also balancing that with fun and entertainment. It is entirely possible for these things to be mutually inclusive as well as mutually exclusive depending on the activity; watching anime and cosplaying is a hobby that one participates in around and between the things they must do, because it is something they want to do. The problem comes about when one's "wants" override their responsibilities, and this is what constitutes immaturity, or at least laziness. It is truly only in this light that anime and cosplay have the potential to contribute to the immaturity of an individual, and such individuals are few and far between in any demographic defined by a hobby.

    I do watch anime because of philosophy there. I do not care is it fun or not. In this case I do develope my mind, because I analyze ethics and meaning behind anime. Therefore I can say, that I am deep person, while all those anime fans who watch anime for sake of entertainment and all those who go to cosplay to simply get some fun or kill time are shallow and immature. You are kids- face it! If they was mature, they woud understand pointless of watching anime for sake of entertainment. They woud understand how pointless it is to kill time with something useless while you can kill same time doing something usefull.
    So essentially what you're saying is that you use anime as a means to educate yourself? Then why not learn from books, why not learn theories of sociology and psychology? Certainly that would prove far more developmental toward your education.

    Evaluating things based on their meanings, messages, and supposed ethics does not make you a deep person. A literary person, perhaps, because you are analyzing a form of media using literary techniques. But "deep"? If this post is an example of a philosophy or a belief that you would define as "deep", then you are not only wrong within your post, but your philosophy and beliefs are poorly thought out and only weakly elaborated upon. Being "deep" isn't so simple as performing literary analysis on a work for the sake of performing literary analysis; it is a level of critical thinking and of philosophic depth, understanding, questioning, and the representation of one's education and thought process. Observing meaning is not the same as finding meaning.

    If you choose to do something useless insted of something usefull you are kid. You simply can’t be bored, because you feel uncomfortable when you are boored. Grow up people do not care about beeing boored, therefore they can concentrate on usefull things.
    If you watch anime for sake of entertainment- YOU ARE KID! I just proved it…
    You have proved nothing; all you have provided is a poorly developed, childish view of what constitutes maturity.

    "The color fades along the intervals I follow."

  3. #3
    Junior Member FormlessPersonality is infamous around these parts FormlessPersonality is infamous around these parts FormlessPersonality is infamous around these parts FormlessPersonality is infamous around these parts FormlessPersonality is infamous around these parts FormlessPersonality is infamous around these parts FormlessPersonality is infamous around these parts FormlessPersonality is infamous around these parts FormlessPersonality is infamous around these parts FormlessPersonality is infamous around these parts FormlessPersonality is infamous around these parts FormlessPersonality's Avatar
    Gil
    232.00
    Gender
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-19-2010 12:06 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Age
    30
    Threads
    1
    Posts
    11
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Anime/Manga/Cosplay and lifestyle

    Quote Originally Posted by Gjallarhorn View Post
    The older and more mature one gets, the more time you have to spend on "useful" things. The issue here is not that "mature people do not care so much about entertainment as young people", but that they simply have less time to spend on doing things they enjoy for the sake of enjoyment because they have to take care of the "needs" of their life before their "wants".
    I disagree. Mature people want to take care of family. It means, that in order to do something they want, they must go to work. So, If I want to be, lets say, smart I must study and therefore refuse from pointless attending on cosplay. Its still going down to want person wants. Noone forces them to fo "usefull" things, THEY WANT to do them in order to recive something else they want.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gjallarhorn View Post
    Then he's watching movies for the sake of entertainment, and by your logic, your father is immature.
    You did to read what I writted. I sed that yes, he do it for sake of entertainment and anyone needs entertainment. I only say, that less time you spend on entertainment the more time you have to spend on usefull things. It means, that you can go to cosplay or do other pointless things, but the less you do it, the better will be, because the less you go to cosplay and making cosplay costume the more time you will have for earning money. You will basically be richer if you will refuse from cosplay!


    Quote Originally Posted by Gjallarhorn View Post
    Doing anything for the sake of entertainment is not useless. It may not be productive in regard to the rest of society, but it provides you with entertainment. Therein, it provides you with happiness, something that one would not find while living a lifestyle in which their sole focus was the completion of one's duties and responsibilities, which would provide more a sense of fulfillment if nothing else.
    Yes it is useless. Read meaning of word "useless". Only thing you gain from entertainment is happynes. Since happynes will not help you on achieving your goals(education,money will) happynes can be defined as useless, so you are wrong. You do your dutys because you need to do them in order to reach your goals. The more time you spend on "dutys" the bigger % you have on achieving goals. Happynes is pointless here..... useless.... You can only kill time with it- Nothing more!!!


    Quote Originally Posted by Gjallarhorn View Post
    Furthermore, people gain plenty from watching anime and participating in cosplay events. It is through shared hobbies that we are able to meet people similar to ourselves and to find friends; anime and cosplay are as much group activities as they are solo activities. Schools have anime clubs, fans can create doujinshi, and cosplay requires the development of skills in sewing, production, replication, fashion, and so forth. In this light, could cosplay not be seen as a form of sculpture as well as fashion? In what way is this any more "useless" than playing sports? In sports you find comradery, you make friends, and you better yourself at a certain set of skills. Does one who cosplays not accomplish this through their hobby? What of conventions, clubs, and groups one forms because of their enjoyment of anime and of cosplay? Or, in another view, because one does not truly accomplish something in sports that provides for one's self or for one's community, is it not just as "useless" as watching anime or cosplaying?
    Meeting people with similar hobies is useless. Those people will not help you to take care of your family after 5 years. This set of skills allso is useless. If you compear this skill set with real education you ill see, that this creativity is pointless. Go study history. Go study ANYTHING, but stop believeing that you will be smarter by attending cosplay. Thats why compearing with other stuff you coud do in cosplay place, cosplay is useless....



    Quote Originally Posted by Gjallarhorn View Post
    What about the expansion of one's views that one gains through anime? Or having fun and laughing; does that not constitute gaining some level of happiness?
    Happiness is not money. Happiness is not knowledge. Happiness is not heath. Happiness is not family. Happiness IS useless. If you choose Happiness inisted of knowledge/money/heath and family you are immature. If you woud not think so much about happiness, you woud only GAIN knowledge/money/heath etc. That means that basically if no happynes, you woud have bigger knowledge, more money, better heath etc because you woud spend more time on these things.



    Quote Originally Posted by Gjallarhorn View Post
    So essentially what you're saying is that you use anime as a means to educate yourself? Then why not learn from books, why not learn theories of sociology and psychology? Certainly that would prove far more developmental toward your education.
    Dont make conclusions, but people like you do that all the time, well... I do study sociology and psychology. I allso study much more subjects. I don't have to, since I finished school, but I choose education instead of "cosplay". Someone who think Happyness is more important that education will never understand me. Somone who thinks you can sacrifice education in name of happynes is immature. Mature people think 3 steps forward if you know what I mean. Mature people understand, that more you study- better! If you woud not go to ANY cosplay in your life, you woud be smarter for atleast 10%. You basiically sacrificed 10% of your knowledge for sake of happyness what is considered to be immature.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gjallarhorn View Post
    it is a level of critical thinking and of philosophic depth, understanding, questioning, and the representation of one's education and thought process. Observing meaning is not the same as finding meaning.
    You again put word in my mouth. I am not deep because of this message. This post is simply my opinion. I never told you I havent found meaning- I have. Thanks to observation I did find meaning, which CANNOT be found without observation! You put words in my mouth again. PLease use ONLY what I did writte to you. Rest of your conclusions appears to be wrong, but person whos priority is happynes not education woud put words in my mouth. I understand....


    Quote Originally Posted by Gjallarhorn View Post
    You have proved nothing; all you have provided is a poorly developed, childish view of what constitutes maturity.
    If person don't go to partys, because he cares more for sport and education you call him childish? Well I was thinking it is oposite o.O Someone who prefears partys instead of sport and study is childish so basically it means that you are childish, not me o.O Happiness in nothing compearing with my goals! How can I sacrifice sucsess rate of reaching my goals because of happiness? o.O I will be more stupid because of this happynes. I will have less money because of this happynes and because of this happines I coud not reach what I want. You are childish one, not me!

  4. #4
    Out to save turtles Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea's Avatar
    Gil
    1,999,690.69
    Gender
    My Mood
    Dead
    Gifts Portal Companion Cube Moon Crystal Locket Dice D20
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-26-2011 08:14 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    In a world of endless blue...
    Age
    28
    Threads
    10
    Posts
    1,184
    Rep Power
    313
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: BibiTurtle Steam ID: BibiTurtle Wii Code: 6510-3075-8319-6972

    Default Re: Anime/Manga/Cosplay and lifestyle

    I really don't believe that anyone who plays video games, watches anime and movies for the sake of entertainment is immature. To say that is stupidity.
    Mature people are simply the ones who can ideally separate needs from wants. A mature person will spend time watching movies and playing games in the right time and spend appropriate time doing so. Knowing the whens and how longs is what makes them mature.
    This just simply means they won't spend the whole day finishing a game if there are needs that must be completed before enjoying the time off. Picking kids up from school, making dinner, going to work, etc., are higher up on their priority than an immature person. However, maturity is a state of mind, no one can truly say that they are mature always.


    Thanks for the sig Xey Oiz ^.^

  5. #5
    Junior Member FormlessPersonality is infamous around these parts FormlessPersonality is infamous around these parts FormlessPersonality is infamous around these parts FormlessPersonality is infamous around these parts FormlessPersonality is infamous around these parts FormlessPersonality is infamous around these parts FormlessPersonality is infamous around these parts FormlessPersonality is infamous around these parts FormlessPersonality is infamous around these parts FormlessPersonality is infamous around these parts FormlessPersonality is infamous around these parts FormlessPersonality's Avatar
    Gil
    232.00
    Gender
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-19-2010 12:06 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Age
    30
    Threads
    1
    Posts
    11
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Anime/Manga/Cosplay and lifestyle

    Quote Originally Posted by Bibi of the Blue Sea View Post
    I really don't believe that anyone who plays video games, watches anime and movies for the sake of entertainment is immature. To say that is stupidity.
    Mature people are simply the ones who can ideally separate needs from wants. A mature person will spend time watching movies and playing games in the right time and spend appropriate time doing so. Knowing the whens and how longs is what makes them mature.
    This just simply means they won't spend the whole day finishing a game if there are needs that must be completed before enjoying the time off. Picking kids up from school, making dinner, going to work, etc., are higher up on their priority than an immature person. However, maturity is a state of mind, no one can truly say that they are mature always.
    Well acoarding to what you sed, I guess I can say that.....

  6. #6
    Member Verdict is on a distinguished road Verdict's Avatar
    Gil
    1,261.54
    Gender
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-10-2012 11:09 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Threads
    4
    Posts
    33
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Anime/Manga/Cosplay and lifestyle

    watches anime, plays video games, goes to work, owns a house , has a wife and kids, races motocross . everything in life is for the sake of entertainment. just like you making these stupid posts is for your entertainment so stfu and get a life (of entertainment)

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. Random allusions to other anime or manga in anime or manga
    By BiggSam in forum General Anime & Manga
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-06-2010, 01:49 AM
  2. Anime Expo cosplay
    By FinalFantasyFighter in forum Conventions/Cosplay and Merch
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-04-2008, 06:06 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-12-2008, 05:28 PM
  4. Anime & Other Cosplay Costumes
    By kingwilson in forum General Anime & Manga
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 04-15-2008, 05:31 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts