AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Which RP would you like to see next?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
    The results in this poll are hidden.
  • Full Metal Alchemist: Equivalent Exchange and the Repetition of Time

The results are hidden 0%
  • Death Note: The Written Word of Death and Life

• Critical Mass

• Star Wars: Ubiquitous Uproar

• Mental Mechanica: Operations, Emotions, and the Ghost in the Machine

• Penumbra and Lilith

• Runic Ruminations

• Evolution Expanse

• Another idea(please post suggestion if you vote this)

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tigris wants to write some RPGs, need opinions. Suggestions Anyone?

Senior Member Tigris has a reputation beyond repute Tigris has a reputation beyond repute Tigris has a reputation beyond repute Tigris has a reputation beyond repute Tigris has a reputation beyond repute Tigris has a reputation beyond repute Tigris has a reputation beyond repute Tigris has a reputation beyond repute Tigris has a reputation beyond repute Tigris has a reputation beyond repute Tigris has a reputation beyond repute Tigris's Avatar
    Gil
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-20-2011 01:46 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Tigris wants to write some RPGs, need opinions. Suggestions Anyone?

I've been on a huge RP addiction since I've been back to AF, and I'm also excited about writing some old ones I forgot I had in the works, as well as new ones. I have several ideas, so I'm needing some comments, suggestions, and feedback on which one(s) you members would like to see happen.

Full Metal Alchemist: Equivalent Exchange and the Repetition of Time. Now that the series is over, my OLD RP I wrote years back needs some updating, but I think there's much potential for it. I have several good ideas that will make Alchemy interesting, as well as some good main characters with different conditions from the typical "automail limbs" and "soul armor" ideas, such as crystal alchemy(including a soul trapped to a crystal on the backside of a mask, and through alchemy the mask can latch onto any body and gain control of it), electrical alchemy(it wasn't covered much in FMA or Brotherhood), full body transmutation(touched on, but still very taboo for its time), aural(sound based) alchemy, and other ideas. It will be set either 300 years ahead of Brotherhood, or around 30 years after the end of Brotherhood, I'm not sure yet. XP

Death Note: The Written Word of Death and Life. I finished Death Note recently; I liked it, but I was HORRIBLY disappointed with character depth, development, and realism. Now I know the creator had said he was entirely focused on plot devices and the psychological aspects of the series(which were good), but I want a more real, human, and overall emotional take on it. For this I'll need people I can trust to represent the main characters(or their own) accurately, though differently from the series. I.e. Light will be focused, driven, etc, but not "machine"-like. But it won't be the typical Kira plot through the whole RP, I have different plot devices in my head on this one. Including more Shinigami interaction, information, and depth.

Critical Mass: Where From Here? This will be either Cyberpunk, Steampunk, or Post-Apocalyptic based, not sure yet. I have several ideas, but this one's the least fleshed out. Looking for some good action in this one, as well as new ideas. I'll prolly give it a good Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind feel if you're curious. Mix in some Now and Then, Here and There themes maybe. Not sure yet, as stated. ^_^""

Star Wars: Ubiquitous Uproar. This will be set between KotOR I and KotOR II era. There was a thread about wanting a Star Wars themed RP a few weeks back. I'll do one for this era especially(Mandalorians, yaaaaayyyyyy) because I have a good theme and time frame to operate in. More than likely I'm working on an abandoned planet that somehow several Jedi, Sith, Mandalorians, etc end up stranded upon from a malfunctioning slipspace jump, in which there will probably be some degree of important artifact/use on/in the planet, etc, you see where that goes from there.

Mental Mechanica: Operations, Emotions, and The Ghost in Our Machine. This one I have no idea where my ramblings are going. More or less, I guess I can sum it up in a good amalgamation of three movies: a mix of Inception, The Matrix Trilogy, and Donnie Darko. No, that doesn't sound like a good idea, it sounds terrible. But I basically have been driving to do a good Mind*expletive* type of RP. One that when you read a post, you actually feel engrossed in it. A good psychological tangled mess, with some suspense. Idk...haha

Penumbra And Lilith: I'm wanting to play with Witchcraft-type themes, using some old old Wiccan lore mixed with witchhunter/vmapire/werewolf/etc myth themes. Throw in some Satanic cults, arcane masters who practice mind control, etc. eypical sci-fi horror themes. Witch hunter Robin+Trinity Blood+Vampire Hunter D+Hellsing, if you need an Anime comparison.

Runic Ruminations: If anyone's EVER read any of the Bartimaeus Trilogy (by Jonathan Stroud), you'll know where this is headed. If not: this RP will be themed around "Magicians", though noone directly practices or cast magic. "Magic" is used by beings of the "Void", from where they are summoned. The more you study and read tomes, the more you learn about these beings, from Imps to Djinn, from DeathWalkers to Succubi, from NightMares to Shinigami. You summon them typically by being within a circle, and with the proper fortifications(binding the demon by their weaknesses and runic inscriptions) you use them to do your bidding, which is everything from overturning an empire to a personal bodyguard, to being a shopkeep. There will be MUCH political movement and alot of power shifts in this RP, this will be good good for plot advancement and keep things highly interesting.

(exhales) Then, FINALLY, this last one is only going up if Zandan doesn't use my idea. If I use this, there will be changes though, so don't worry; it will be my original plot and idea:
    Evolution Expanse: In this RP, expect change. Lots of it. It starts of roughly Medieval in them, with magic usage and supernatural beings, special races, etc. But this RP will move quickly(though not unrealistically) to adapt to the changing world they thought was all that existed. I won't spoil much; but I assume this RP will traverse many genres(hopefully smoothly ^_^"") over the time it is up. This RPG will also have a LONG lifetime, so it'll need dedicated members heh.

Alright, that's all of them. Thank you for the time, hoping to get some feedback soon. Thanks again,
    Tigris =^.^=

Come to the RPG section, we always need more writers and members.
    VOTE VOTE VOTE, I'll have a decision by Tuesday, Sign-Ups before Christmas weekend! ^_^""
    http://www.animeforum.com/showthread...estions-Anyone

Senior Member Elukien has a reputation beyond repute Elukien has a reputation beyond repute Elukien has a reputation beyond repute Elukien has a reputation beyond repute Elukien has a reputation beyond repute Elukien has a reputation beyond repute Elukien has a reputation beyond repute Elukien has a reputation beyond repute Elukien has a reputation beyond repute Elukien has a reputation beyond repute Elukien has a reputation beyond repute Elukien's Avatar
    Gil
    Sleepy
    Gifts Jigsaw Ribbon LOTR The Palantir Of Orthanc Black Cat
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-18-2013 02:54 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: Sarcasticfuzzball

Default Re: Tigris wants to write some RPGs, need opinions. Suggestions Anyone?

Personally, i don't like to play an RP that's based of a anime series. I just feel like those type of RPs don't go so well as you can't really expand them. I wouldn't mind playing Critical Mass: Where From Here?, now that's sounds interesting. Personally i would go with Post-Apocalyptic theme because it gives the sense of awareness, danger and you can expand with it.

Star Wars one seems pretty good as it's set in the Kotor era which is awesome but what if you get loads of people wanting to Jedi? Plus, as it's sci-fi, it could get outer control. But i wouldn't mind playing that. Mental Mechanica: Operations, Emotions, and The Ghost in Our Machine, that's just lost me. I'm use that it could work out but i see many thing that could go wrong with it or it could be to complex people.

Penumbra And Lilith. Now does that one just have to be Vampires, werewolves or can you use something different like an Imp for example. Runic Ruminations....not too sure what too say on that, i guess it's intriguing. These too RPs, i just don't know to say other then the comments i've already said.

I'm willing to play the Evolution Expanse but like you said it's going too be long and that's where people can feel overwhelm or they can't be bothered to play for that long. But the Idea of it is pretty sweet.

The Savage. -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL-'s Avatar
    Gil
    Hungover
    Gifts Present Beer
    Mentioned
    260 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-25-2012 04:28 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

i am a huge fan of FMA and accordingly would love to see it in RPG form.

Senior Member Aedan the demon hunter has a reputation beyond repute Aedan the demon hunter has a reputation beyond repute Aedan the demon hunter has a reputation beyond repute Aedan the demon hunter has a reputation beyond repute Aedan the demon hunter has a reputation beyond repute Aedan the demon hunter has a reputation beyond repute Aedan the demon hunter has a reputation beyond repute Aedan the demon hunter has a reputation beyond repute Aedan the demon hunter has a reputation beyond repute Aedan the demon hunter has a reputation beyond repute Aedan the demon hunter has a reputation beyond repute Aedan the demon hunter's Avatar
    Gil
    Daring
    Gifts Eva Unit 01 Bleach Ichigo Mask Green Saber
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-13-2013 12:34 PM
    Threads

Star Wars: Ubiquitous Uproar: This will be loved by star wars fans. But could have may problems such as the idea of it being between a set time I would suggest ether have it before or after all the star wars game and film instead of in between them. The reason for that is there may be problem with people making characters, types of moves they can do or events that take place, but it does have a lot of different path to follow like a new rise/beginning of the dark side try to get a cool force powered artefact to rule over all the races.

Penumbra And Lilith: Sounds amazing it fall under the main gene I love mythical but it also leaves me with lots of question about it such as the general story what will it be about and what roles with player take. I have a feeling that it going to be a good RPG to begin with but may lose down over time form lack of aims or goals to achieve unless you have a good story line in mind. If so then I would like to hear more.

Evolution Expanse: I not sure the fast moving RPG last long as they ether becoming boring, forgotten, run out of idea or player are left behind.

Mental Mechanica: This may very well turn into one of the best RPG I have played if you deliver on what you want it to be like but I do have question of what you can have in it and the films you have compared it to doesn't help describe all to well.

My vote goes to both Mental mechanica and Penumbra they sound the best to me and if possible I'd like to hear more about them and any other RPG ideas you have in mind.
    War is hell and I'm the devil

Senior Member Tigris has a reputation beyond repute Tigris has a reputation beyond repute Tigris has a reputation beyond repute Tigris has a reputation beyond repute Tigris has a reputation beyond repute Tigris has a reputation beyond repute Tigris has a reputation beyond repute Tigris has a reputation beyond repute Tigris has a reputation beyond repute Tigris has a reputation beyond repute Tigris has a reputation beyond repute Tigris's Avatar
    Gil
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Thank you all for the excelent feedback, mostly things I've taken into consideration. But others mentioning things I've thought about shows that some problems would be larger than others, so thank you for helping me write ways to circumvent such. Working on some now, but remember; th end result of the Poll is what I will choose more than likely. So I really need some votes please, thank you for your time.
    Tigris =^.^=

VOTE VOTE VOTE, I'll have a decision by Tuesday, Sign-Ups before Christmas weekend! ^_^""

Gil
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

So far the poll is in a gridlock, but I can tell almost all of my ideas are liked(somewhat spread out between members heh). I'm seeing alot of love for the FMA, Critical Mass, and Mental Mechanica ones especially. After going through them all I've narrowed some down in my head(though votes could always change if one's wanted enough heh). I've placed a link to the poll in my sig, so that's been moving this deciding process more smoothly I'm glad to say. In addition, I thank you all again for addressing the problems that would come out of each RP, it's ALWAYS good to get some advice and opinions on things to look out for. As far as ideas go:

FMA: I'd have a few problems with this. I have really fresh ideas, but there is ALWAYS the blockade of existing/cannon characters being represented correctly, if at all. I usually hate spin offs, but I like this idea and I've had it for years(about three or four actually), and finishing Brotherhood only fed the fire. Any original cast would be played by me(not saying I'm perfect, but it'd help concentrating cannon characters to a minimum). With that being said, I think there's some solid growth to be had, I am just wary of not having enough members to post frequently and, more importantly with this RP, quality-wise. I'll need really good posts, and I'll prolly set a minimum of 5 lines per post, 10 preferred. I need depth in this, but I'd LOVE to see it done.

Mental Mechanica: Sorry, I think this one's out. It'd have to be in another forum, too many mature, and quite honestly confusing elements in this one. Maybe someday, but I'll be sure to post a link in my sig if it ever gets fully written.

Critical Mass: This one would fit into the RP section well(it seems we've got some Post-Apocalyptic fans all over RPG heh), and it'd be easy to manage and run. I'll flesh this one out more and post a synopsis within this week I think.

Runic Ruminations: This one I'd see run very well, in my opinion, though it hasn't been too popular poll-wise. I may just do it anyway, I'm too big a fan of the Bartimaeus trilogy. :3

SW:UU: This one I could do well, got some solid themes and plots ready. Ensifer mentioned one of my fears accurately though; too many wanting to be Jedi, Sith, etc. In addition, the Star Wars Universe tends to be hard-placed when it comes to preventing God-Modding. With that being said, I'd have limitations(much like Ladon's Final Tomb) on to how many characters and to which degree they'd be empowered. I'll see if this one gets more voted before moving forward with this one.

Penumbra and Lilith: I've seen I made this one seem to be kind of confusing, my apologies; though I do like and see how the enthusiasm for this genre would be good in RPG. It'd be within that genre, not JUST Vampires, etc. The main conflict in it would be The Purge(Holy Leaders that wish to extinguish all "supernatural" from existence), the Abyss(all supernatural beings or practitioners(i.e. witches, occultists, etc) that wish to spread sin, malice, and destroy The Purge), and The Cycle(those who wish to find a way of coexistence in all races and practices). Working on fleshing this one out with a story more, seeing as it's piquing many member's interest.

EE and DE:TWWOLAD are out, due to depth and other issues that wouldn't make it animeforum/rper friendly. Maybe another day, another forum.

Sorry for the long post, but there's some insight. Thank you all again for taking the time to read and offer ideas/suggestion/thoughts, I appreciate the response. I'll submit one, possibly two RPs within the week seeing as Winter Break will allow many to RP much easier. Thank you all again. =^.^=

Senior Member Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel has a reputation beyond repute Solsaiden Hel's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts Grey Ribbon Silver Ribbon L Laptop
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-30-2013 08:48 AM
    Threads

Hi!
    It might be a good idea not to include the canon characters. Instead, just use the theme, settings and people's original characters. For example, we could have the theme of Deathnote (Death/Life Notebooks and Shinigami's) in another country, like New York, or manga setting, like FMA.
    Hope that helps

Senior Member Kylesico912 has a brilliant future Kylesico912 has a brilliant future Kylesico912 has a brilliant future Kylesico912 has a brilliant future Kylesico912 has a brilliant future Kylesico912 has a brilliant future Kylesico912 has a brilliant future Kylesico912 has a brilliant future Kylesico912 has a brilliant future Kylesico912 has a brilliant future Kylesico912 has a brilliant future Kylesico912's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Gifts Daggers 122 - Mr Mime 133 - Eevee
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-26-2011 05:16 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

How bout a RPG based off Naruto or in a forested in a survival setting.

Seriously ._.

Gil
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Alright; VOTE VOTE VOTE. I'm getting WAYYY too many new ideas, and I'm liking the ones I have already! Gah! So vote like crazy, I'll decide by Monday, if not Tuesday. So far Critical Mass(post-apocaplyptic themed) is in the lead. Once I decide, it'll be requested and more than likely sign-ups will be posted before next weekend. VOTE VOTE VOTE, I need to work on these beofre I keep adding and writing new ideas. @_@ hahahahahahaha

Gil
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Alright, I apologize for the delay. Caught a huge musical window of opportunity, as well as a VERY nice christmas. In addition, working 10pm-6am shifts has been very strange in accordance to time management. Staying up all night? No problem, I do that anyway and can't sleep at night(I usually sleep 7am-12pm, for example). Working those shifts, and not having free time? That's another ball-game. Anywho...

I'm writing and touching up Critical Mass, as well as possibly writing up Runic Ruminations just for giggles. I would like to post the RPs up once more members are free/are present, but I may just say screw it and post sign-ups before the 9th of January. We'll see.

Thank you all again, I apologize again for the delay. Hope you all had a good Winter Break of some sort(whether Christmas or not), looking forward to a new year with you all.

Tigris =^.^=

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information