Ok, I'm starting this post because me and a buddy of mine got into a little argument over what makes an rpg a better experience. Basically, his view is that you spend countless hours getting every ultimate weapon/armor/item, leveling you character to max, and kicking the total beejesus out of everything that gets in your path with a few or less hits. My view is that you get strong enough, but not too strong, where you at least can wipe out a few enemies here and there while keeping it challenging enough where you actually have to think about how you're gonna kill the bosses instead of stabbing them in the toe and killing them easily. It basically comes down to where the challenge lies. Spending more time fighting the same redundant enemies over and over again, or spending that time fighting the tougher enemies?

Of course, it didn't stop there.... We then got into a discussion about teams. Do you pick 3 or 4 people, level them up, and forsake the rest or do you level them all up at once and have pretty much 7 or so clones with little to no variation. And also do you use a well balanced team, such as a quick person, a magic user, and the strong guy or do you have an unbalanced team to have a little bit more difficulty?

And the final topic. Do you spend as much time playing the rpg to get everything the first time through, or do you purposely skip a few things here and there so you have an excuse to play it again?

...of course, there is no right and wrong on these topics, just want to hear the voice of the peoples on this one