AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Rpg Strategies

Member One Winged Angel One Winged Angel's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-18-2004 05:23 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Ok, I'm starting this post because me and a buddy of mine got into a little argument over what makes an rpg a better experience. Basically, his view is that you spend countless hours getting every ultimate weapon/armor/item, leveling you character to max, and kicking the total beejesus out of everything that gets in your path with a few or less hits. My view is that you get strong enough, but not too strong, where you at least can wipe out a few enemies here and there while keeping it challenging enough where you actually have to think about how you're gonna kill the bosses instead of stabbing them in the toe and killing them easily. It basically comes down to where the challenge lies. Spending more time fighting the same redundant enemies over and over again, or spending that time fighting the tougher enemies?

Of course, it didn't stop there.... We then got into a discussion about teams. Do you pick 3 or 4 people, level them up, and forsake the rest or do you level them all up at once and have pretty much 7 or so clones with little to no variation. And also do you use a well balanced team, such as a quick person, a magic user, and the strong guy or do you have an unbalanced team to have a little bit more difficulty?

And the final topic. Do you spend as much time playing the rpg to get everything the first time through, or do you purposely skip a few things here and there so you have an excuse to play it again?

...of course, there is no right and wrong on these topics, just want to hear the voice of the peoples on this one

Junior Member Alexander Alexander's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-29-2004 07:16 PM
    Threads

I completely agree with you, I used to try to create an ultimate character, with ultimate weapons and armor but then I realized that it wasn't fun. Now I am trying to focus more upon the storyline and keep the game challenging.

Sincerely
    Alexander, Former Power Addict

P.S. Try not to form competitions with your friends. That sucks the fun out of games too.
    'The world in which you live is different than mine, and his, and hers. The only things that are similar are the words we use to speak.' - Anonymous Poet

There's nothing new Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000's Avatar
    Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2011 11:27 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I almost never try to level up. It makes the game too easy. I'm satisfied with the greater challenge of trying to beat Kafka at lv 40, as opposed to attacking him with a lv. 99 team equipped with Force Armors, Illuminas, Gem Boxes and Economizers .
    Ehhh, I dunno if I'll stick around. We'll see.

The List of Hate, My self-indulgent journal-thing.
    Last Post:
    Video Vomit 05/11/11

Senior Member oOoKenshinoOo oOoKenshinoOo's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-28-2004 04:48 PM
    Threads

I agree with you, as long as it's fun. However, RPG's today aren't that entertaining, because they're too easy to me.
    <span style='color:black'><center><span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>&quot;We&#39;re all trapped on this planet for a reason. Killing and bloodshed is the endless waltz of life, that it is.&quot;~Kenshin</span></center></span>
    <center></center>
    <span style='color:blue'><center><span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>&quot;She&#39;s a myth i have to believe in, all i have to make her real, is one more reason.&quot;~Slipknot</span></center></span>
    <center></center>

Junior Member nigirimeshi nigirimeshi's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-07-2004 08:19 PM
    Threads

I agree with you as well. I played through FF V and didn&#39;t spend too much time levelling up. When I got to the final battle, I had to try three times but it was worth it. It is just so much more fun when one character getting petrified puts you in mortal danger and you have to race to get that character restored before the enemy kills you.

As for party, I go for a range of character types. On FF 6, I like to have (in order of preferred initiative) Sabin, Gogo(two Bum Rushes=double the (in the thousands when you learn it)pain), Edgar and Celes. The Figaro brothers have awesome abilities and good attacks, Gogo mimics, and Celes is an awesome spellcaster(who also has runic which is useful at times).

Senior Member Vash The Stampede16 has a little shameless behaviour in the past Vash The Stampede16's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-12-2005 06:29 PM
    Threads

i like leveling up as much as possible. in games like neverwinter nights, the more you level up, the more abilities, stats, and power&#33; when i play a rpg, i try to become the strongest. with teams, i like having a balanced team. in FF 8 i had, besides sqaull, zell and rinoa. zell was my summoner person, squall was my melee guy, and rinoa was a ranged fighter. a really good combo, however it is more appreciated in games that are D&D based.
    No matter how hard you try you can't stop us now...

Senior Member Princess Mononoke has a reputation beyond repute Princess Mononoke has a reputation beyond repute Princess Mononoke has a reputation beyond repute Princess Mononoke has a reputation beyond repute Princess Mononoke has a reputation beyond repute Princess Mononoke has a reputation beyond repute Princess Mononoke has a reputation beyond repute Princess Mononoke has a reputation beyond repute Princess Mononoke has a reputation beyond repute Princess Mononoke has a reputation beyond repute Princess Mononoke has a reputation beyond repute Princess Mononoke's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-31-2008 10:24 AM
    Threads

when i play i always level up as much as i can because I suck and i like easy games ^^ lol and i always go through the whole rpg the first time cuz i cant usually play a game twice without getting bored.
    [marquee]Miscellaneous Forum Moderator : Member since June 2002 : Proud Hufflepuff : : http://www.moveon.org Vote Democrat! : :If I'm not here I'm playing Lineage II! Look me up on Hindemith Server- Jesslynn : [/marquee]

Lawful Good~*I <3<3<3~Torm*~ Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah's Avatar
    Gil
    Curmudgeon
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-03-2015 11:24 AM
    Threads

Play Baldurs Gate and the like.. There you&#39;ll have a hard enough time getting both lvl and rare items at the same time throughout the entire game .

But yea, I agree with you on the part where you lvl to a certain lvl and then stop to still be able to keep the challange up (trust me, when Yuna hits for 99k with normal melee in FF-X, it ain&#39;t much fun left) and still bein&#39; able to live through the tougher fights..
    But then again, it IS a wee bit fun smashing the final boss with your weakest char in one hit too, eh? :^_^:

The rewards of tolerance are treachery and betrayal.

Senior Member Human_Instrumentality Human_Instrumentality's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-31-2007 01:06 AM
    Threads

Ive only really played FFVII to a huge extent. ive played some of the others, and they were great, but i still play FFVII most. My usual party is Cloud, Red XIII and either Yuffie or Barret. I generally dont try to level up unless i cant beat a boss after 3 or 4 tries. then i might.

{*]'Whisper In My Ear Drags Me Along...'[*}

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I dont really play many RPGs much, apart from FFVII. Ive got some others and theyre great (apart from FFIX, which is rubbish) but VII is the only one i play alot.
    yeah it is more fun not to try level up as fast as you can, because then you still have some challenge left in the game.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Sorry. i posted too much. my connection went crazy and i thought it had lost the first post. sorry.

Senior Member Sohma-chan is an unknown quantity at this point Sohma-chan's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-02-2004 09:52 PM
    Threads

When you first play the game you seem to level up pretty good because your excited...but when I&#39;d play the same game again like FFx-2 I beat it then there was a special mode. Then I played it again but I wasn&#39;t at my highest level like before and I even tryed to get everything.

I agree with all you guys 100% RPG are just to easy these days I can beat a game 2-3 days tops(includeing sleeping, work, school, time to myself)

<span id="ad6d84798caef094829e5c80010e71fb">&quot;My love is forever more&quot;</span><SCRIPT language="JavaScript">animate('ad6d84798caef094829 e5c80010e71fb', 'white');</SCRIPT>

Closed Thread

Thread Information