AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim thread.

Geek of Games GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks's Avatar
    Gil
    Paranoid
    Gifts Jade Disc Cookie Cookie
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-28-2017 05:24 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: GameGeeks

Default Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Velvet_Nightmare View Post
    @GameGeeks

I'm still figuring out how to enchant things, my roommate tried explaining to me but I couldn't follow him.

At least with conjured weapons I can still put poisons on em, and it saves inventory space since I'm not lvling up stamina.
    You need to disenchant weapons with the effects you want. Say you want to increase your hp through enchantments. You'd disenchant something that gives a bonus to hp when worn and then apply that to the armor you want to wear. Say the enchantment is on an iron breastplate and you want to put it on your ebony helm. You then select the item, then the enchantment and finally a soul gem. The quality of which determines how strong the enchantment is. Grand is preferred since it gives the full effect but some enchantments, like water breathing, isn't effected by the quality of the soul gem.

EDIT: Oh, and be careful when collecting souls, you could accidentally put a lesser soul in a grand soul gem. Personally hoping there's a mod that prevents this in the future, just for the sake of convenience.
    Last edited by GameGeeks; 11-23-2011 at 03:24 PM.

Senior Member FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango's Avatar
    Gil
    Gay
    Gifts Photoshop
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-21-2017 02:41 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: ThomasakaDes

The patch for PS3 will be released next week and they say it`ll fix the performance for long time play.

https://twitter.com/#!/DCDeacon/stat...97774015836160
    https://twitter.com/#!/DCDeacon/stat...53234219261952

---------- Post added 11-25-2011 at 02:11 AM ---------- Previous post was 11-24-2011 at 08:19 PM ----------

I created a new characther, and to my suprise the new save files overwrite even the main save file of my other characther o_O
    Thats really retarded, it should be very possible for them to not let that happen.
    ALOT of other games don`t do that.
    Hopefully they`ll do something about that, if not I at least know that now :P
    Not the consoles fault, but Bethesda, bad coding on that part.
    I have 4 characthers in Mass Effect 2 xD

So PS3 gamers, don`t make a new characther until you really want to :P
    Last edited by FluffyDango; 11-24-2011 at 07:20 PM.

Geek of Games GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks's Avatar
    Gil
    Paranoid
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

@Des Ouch, that sucks.

Senior Member FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango's Avatar
    Gil
    Gay
    Gifts Photoshop
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by GameGeeks View Post
    @Des Ouch, that sucks.
    Yeah :P
    There`s been more reports about it on their forum, but people say it`ll get fixed in the patch
    Well I like playing as a mage and it won`t take me long to reach lvl 20 again, the leveling goes fast for the first 15.

There is away to go around it apparently:

[quote name='oldsnake90' timestamp='1322178752' post='19450275']
    its a bug that it does that. best thing is when starting a new guy is to save a new save and start a new game. you will be fine. it will be fixed.
    [/quote]

Gil
    Paranoid
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Des View Post
    Yeah :P
    There`s been more reports about it on their forum, but people say it`ll get fixed in the patch
    Well I like playing as a mage and it won`t take me long to reach lvl 20 again, the leveling goes fast for the first 15.

There is away to go around it apparently:

[quote name='oldsnake90' timestamp='1322178752' post='19450275']
    its a bug that it does that. best thing is when starting a new guy is to save a new save and start a new game. you will be fine. it will be fixed.
    [/QUOTE]Just finished my mage at 48. Trying a thief who eventually becomes an assassin for the Dark Brotherhood after being bored as the head of the thieves guild.

Gil
    Gay
    Gifts Photoshop
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

@GameGeeks
    Gonna play as an argonian after this mage, argonians look freakin awesome xD
    Gonna join the Dark Brotherhood and Thieves Guild.

Btw, is there some sort of fighters guild in it?
    Is it the Companions thing that is the fighter guild?

I`m off to bed now, so cya.

Gil
    Paranoid
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

@Des Yeah, the Companions have taken the place of the Fighter's Guild. And according to lore, the Mage's guild doesn't even exist at all anymore.

Senior Member Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare's Avatar
    Gil
    Angry
    Gifts Purple Ribbon Gabumon Cylon Centurion
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-03-2017 08:07 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Yeah the closest thing to the Mage's Guild is the college in Winterhold. Started doing those quests after the Dark Brotherhood quests, which were fun but kinda short.

Finally started enchanting things. Soon my equipment will have frost resist to go with my Dark Elf's natural fire resist, so dragon shouts won't do too much against me.
    No power in the 'verse can stop me...

Gil
    Gay
    Gifts Photoshop
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

@Des Yeah, the Companions have taken the place of the Fighter's Guild. And according to lore, the Mage's guild doesn't even exist at all anymore.
    The College of Winterhold is what has taken the Megaes guild`s place.
    It`s a guild that does magic.

Gil
    Paranoid
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

The College of Winterhold is what has taken the Megaes guild`s place.
    It`s a guild that does magic.
    Yeah, my mage is the head of it. I just meant in general.

Gil
    Gay
    Gifts Photoshop
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

I was suprised when I found out that the story in Skyrim is 200 years after Oblivion.
    Did I mentioned that when I posted the review by Angry Joe? :P

Gil
    Paranoid
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

I was suprised when I found out that the story in Skyrim is 200 years after Oblivion.
    Did I mentioned that when I posted the review by Angry Joe? :P
    Yeah, considering the biggest time jump till this point was twenty-two years.

Gil
    Gay
    Gifts Photoshop
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Brelyna in the Winterhold College cast a spell on me, and in the Active Effects it says "Brelyna`s Practice Spell: Everything is green!" :P

Gil
    Paranoid
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Brelyna in the Winterhold College cast a spell on me, and in the Active Effects it says "Brelyna`s Practice Spell: Everything is green!" :P
    Yeah, the bloom in that effect caused my eyes to strain for a bit. And Alchemy takes WAY too long to level.

Gil
    Gay
    Gifts Photoshop
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Yeah, the bloom in that effect caused my eyes to strain for a bit. And Alchemy takes WAY too long to level.
    The second time she cast a spell on me it was hilarious XD

Gil
    Paranoid
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

The second time she cast a spell on me it was hilarious XD
    Never did it a second time, didn't know you could.

Gil
    Gay
    Gifts Photoshop
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Never did it a second time, didn't know you could.
    Yeah, thats the last one, at least that round hehe.
    You should do it again.

Thunderbringer! RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto's Avatar
    Gil
    Drunk
    Gifts Cake
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-20-2017 12:40 PM
    Threads

My wood elf character married Jenassa from Whiterun (the dark elf merc you can hire at the drunken huntsman). She bakes me pies and stealth kills people. what more could one want
    Thanks to Wolley for the sexay siggeh! Good work, Wollz!
    On a mountain top
    Bearded RaShay slays demon
    Rocks out on guitar

Member Kazama1990 has a brilliant future Kazama1990 has a brilliant future Kazama1990 has a brilliant future Kazama1990 has a brilliant future Kazama1990 has a brilliant future Kazama1990 has a brilliant future Kazama1990 has a brilliant future Kazama1990 has a brilliant future Kazama1990 has a brilliant future Kazama1990 has a brilliant future Kazama1990 has a brilliant future Kazama1990's Avatar
    Gil
    Cloud_9
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-05-2011 11:12 PM
    Threads

i let shadowmere die im a horrible person :'( but anyways im level 40 khajit sneak bow character and finished all the guilds except the thieves guild cause for some reason i just cant motivate myself to do it lol, im planning on making a new character that will be a pure bow character without the points i wasted in the begining of the game in blocking and one handed or ill make him dual wield or two handed not sure, oh did it take anyone else like over half way into the game to figure out how to activate their new shouts? cause by the time i noticed the button for it i already had enough souls for all the spells i had collected to that point lol

Senior Member Spydermonkey has much to be proud of Spydermonkey has much to be proud of Spydermonkey has much to be proud of Spydermonkey has much to be proud of Spydermonkey has much to be proud of Spydermonkey has much to be proud of Spydermonkey has much to be proud of Spydermonkey has much to be proud of Spydermonkey has much to be proud of Spydermonkey's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Trollface Bleach Urahara Hat
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-29-2012 07:18 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: robthespidermnky

has anyone seen the end of the dragon war quest yet?

Gil
    Paranoid
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Spydermonkey View Post
    has anyone seen the end of the dragon war quest yet?
    You mean the main story? If so, then yes.

Senior Member Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare's Avatar
    Gil
    Angry
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I finally found and bought the conjure bow spell, so now the only weapon I'm carrying is the Blade of Woe from the Dark Brotherhood quest, which I keep on hand for simple assassinations or for when I don't have enough magicka to conjure a weapon and need to fight back.

Joined the Legion and am trying to do the Companions quest line, but I'm so used to sneak attacks, and I'm trying to get better at direct combat because I keep getting my butt handed to me by the Silver Hand. D<

Gil
    Gay
    Gifts Photoshop
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

The patch for PS3 has been released, yeasterday.
    My file isn`t over 5mb yet, so I don`t know about that lag issue yet.
    The other stuff that was fixed is stuff I hadn`t noticed.

The patch for PC and Xbox will be relased on Wednesday.
    In case anyone don`t read on Bethblog or their Facebook page.

Oh and a friend in my friendslist PS3 said that there had been a news story on tv yeasterday about little retarded kids complaining about Skyrim not having multiplayer :P
    "Retarded kids" wasn`t his words :P
    I didn`t belive it, becaus who in their right mind would want to ruin an Elder Scrolls game with some meh multiplayer similar to Dark Souls/Demon`s Souls. But apparently there are alot of "fans" thats not in their right mind that wanted mp.
    I`m very glad that there is no mp in it, don`t waste space for such, use that for better stuff as they have xD

Gil
    Paranoid
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

The patch for PS3 has been released, yeasterday.
    My file isn`t over 5mb yet, so I don`t know about that lag issue yet.
    The other stuff that was fixed is stuff I hadn`t noticed.

The patch for PC and Xbox will be relased on Wednesday.
    In case anyone don`t read on Bethblog or their Facebook page.

Oh and a friend in my friendslist PS3 said that there had been a news story on tv yeasterday about little retarded kids complaining about Skyrim not having multiplayer :P
    "Retarded kids" wasn`t his words :P
    I didn`t belive it, becaus who in their right mind would want to ruin an Elder Scrolls game with some meh multiplayer similar to Dark Souls/Demon`s Souls. But apparently there are alot of "fans" thats not in their right mind that wanted mp.
    I`m very glad that there is no mp in it, don`t waste space for such, use that for better stuff as they have xD
    Ditto, MP wouldn't never be done well with a game like this. Just look at Fable. Though I think introducing rogue like elements would be an interesting flair. My only gripe with my thief is none of the so called "rich" houses have any valuable. Really, I pretty much have to steal from shops for the steal 500 gold worth of items quests.

Gil
    Angry
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

If the combat was increased in difficulty, I could see a two-player co-op working, but no more than two players.

Even then it's a little iffy, I like Skyrim because it helps me escape from other video game drama or irl drama. I play offline because friend notifications on my Xbox take away from the experience, and I have a feeling that co-op might do the same thing.
    Last edited by Velvet_Nightmare; 11-29-2011 at 08:14 AM.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information