AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Greatest according to AF, Nominations

The Savage. -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL-'s Avatar
    Gil
    Hungover
    Gifts Present Beer
    Mentioned
    261 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-25-2012 04:28 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Greatest according to AF, Nominations

Myrra has given me permission to start this thread, Cheers

basically in a similar vain to these polls you see in magazines trying to find the greatest whatever of all time, so i though it'd be a good idea to have one on AF to find out who and what are the best in thier respective fields. The catagories will be:

1. Greatest songwriter
    2. Greatest Singer
    3. Greatest Guitarist
    4. Greatest Drummer
    5. Greatest Album
    6. Most Influencial Musician
    7. Greatest Band

you can post your nominations for each catagory on this thread and on January 10th i'll total them up to get a shortlist of those most mentioned and run a poll to find our no1's

anyone can be nominated but be sure to say what you are nominating them for.

I hope this works well.
    Last edited by Nanobyte; 07-22-2014 at 04:14 PM.

Aggressively stupid Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte's Avatar
    Gil
    Cloud_9
    Gifts Kawaiislice Alice Pocket Watch
    Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-09-2024 10:36 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Greatest according to AF, Nominations

[deleted due to terrible taste and childish remarks]
    Last edited by Nanobyte; 07-18-2014 at 03:53 PM. Reason: Grew up and was ashamed.

The Savage. -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL-'s Avatar
    Gil
    Hungover
    Gifts Present Beer
    Mentioned
    261 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

post deleted
    Last edited by -GAZKUL-; 12-14-2010 at 01:50 PM.

Senior Member Dr. Evil has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Evil has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Evil has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Evil has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Evil has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Evil has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Evil has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Evil has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Evil has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Evil has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Evil has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Evil's Avatar
    Gil
    Aggressive
    Gifts Black Guitar
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-24-2014 08:32 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: OG_APPLEJACKS

1. Greatest songwriter - James Hetfield for me. He writes all of Metallica's songs (lyrics, that is) and I love the way his lyrics flow and have deep meaning and are more than just random words scrawled out on paper. His lyrics are powerful and hit me right where it counts. Also, if we're talking about the music to a song, it is still James. Most of Metallica's riffs are composed by him with the exception of "Enter Sandman" (composed by Kirk Hammet) and "Whiplash" (composed by Dave Mustaine).
    2. Greatest Singer - In my opinion, the best singer is Phil Anselmo of Pantera. He has a nasty sound. By nasty, I mean rough and savage. He has a subtle scream in his voice which adds nicely to Dimebag Darrell's sound.
    3. Greatest Guitarist - I have a feeling that most people will say Jimi Hendrix or Slash here. I say it is none other than Dimebag Darrell himself. His sour guitar sound and simple, yet powerful riffs and tendonitis-enducing solos are like none other. He is very innovative in his tuning as well. He tunes his guitar a 1/4 step down at 450 on a chromatic tuner. This makes for not only a sour sound, but it makes his sound recognizable to any fan of metal music.
    4. Greatest Drummer - For me, the best drummer is Tomas Haake of Meshuggah. His faster than 4/4 double bass is insanely fast. He makes the band Meshuggah what they are in my opinion. He is the only drummer I know that can play that fast and hold that speed for 4-6 minutes in a song constantly without faltering. He's also a technical genius on the drums. He is very precise and does not just randomly hit anything in his reach. So to play with such speed and precision makes him my choice. I recommend that people listen to "Bleed" by Meshuggah. That is more than enough proof.
    5. Greatest Album - The greatest album? That's a tough one but I will go with Metallica's Master of Puppets. It has most of their best work including the song that is on the album cover, Master Of Puppets, which is almost 8 minutes of pure epic win. I can listen to this whole album on repeat over and over and still love it as much as when I first heard it.
    6. Most Influencial Musician - Well, in terms of the music industry being influenced, I will say any of the Beatles for obvious reasons. However, the musician that has influenced me the most is James Hetfield. His style of guitar playing is how I model mine. Also, his lyric composition has greatly influenced mine as well.
    7. Greatest Band - The greatest band, in my opinion is Metallica. I love everything they have done since 1983 (when Kill 'Em All, their first studio album, was released). People say they have sold out, and they are right. Metallica has sold out... every seat at every concert they have played. So what if a band makes a music video or cleans up their act? They are still Metallica, one of the most talked about and best-selling act in metal history. They are the 7th highest selling act in United States history. They constantly produce great sounding music with no compromise. Even their albums Load, Reload, SnM, and St. Anger are well composed and heavy as all get out, even if its not as fast as say, their album Ride the Lightning or Master Of Puppets. So that is why Metallica gets my vote for the greatest band.

Woo! That was some work typing and thinking all that out logically.

Actually bigger than you. miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil's Avatar
    Gil
    sunshine
    Gifts Ceiling Cat Violin Cds
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-02-2013 07:01 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: miniPhil

1. Greatest songwriter ~ Beethoven. Do I need to give a reason? The man wrote some of the greatest pieces of music of all time when he was deaf. Now thats skill.

2. Greatest Singer ~ Bob Dylan. The man revolutionized vocals. Tell me you can't listen to Like a Rolling Stone or Blowin' in the Wind without being moved.

3. Greatest Guitarist ~ Joe Satriani. He taught Vai, Skolnick and Hammett. Plus he could still beat em any day of the week.

4. Greatest Drummer ~ Mike Portnoy. What can I say, I'm a DT fan. Also that double kick.

5. Greatest Album ~ In The Aeroplane Over The Sea. IIIIII LOOOOVVVEEE YOOUUUUU JEEESSSSUUUSSSSS CCCHRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIST!

6. Most Influential Musician ~ John Lennon. Or at least he seems to be, so many people taking after him.

7. Greatest Band ~ AC/DC. Inb4 'herp derp 3 chords' I'm not talking musical talent here. They get my vote because despite all they've been through they are still going strong and releasing material.
    This is a Sig. It's horribly out of date.

Senior Member Dr. Evil has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Evil has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Evil has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Evil has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Evil has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Evil has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Evil has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Evil has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Evil has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Evil has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Evil has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Evil's Avatar
    Gil
    Aggressive
    Gifts Black Guitar
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-24-2014 08:32 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: OG_APPLEJACKS

Quote Originally Posted by miniPhil View Post
    4. Greatest Drummer ~ Mike Portnoy. What can I say, I'm a DT fan. Also that double kick.
    What really sucks is that Portnoy got rejected by DT for a reunion when he asked to return. I has a sad now. -_-

Member Matsu Yoshino has a reputation beyond repute Matsu Yoshino has a reputation beyond repute Matsu Yoshino has a reputation beyond repute Matsu Yoshino has a reputation beyond repute Matsu Yoshino has a reputation beyond repute Matsu Yoshino has a reputation beyond repute Matsu Yoshino has a reputation beyond repute Matsu Yoshino has a reputation beyond repute Matsu Yoshino has a reputation beyond repute Matsu Yoshino has a reputation beyond repute Matsu Yoshino has a reputation beyond repute Matsu Yoshino's Avatar
    Gil
    Angry
    Gifts Katana Kunai Death Note
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-19-2011 06:44 PM
    Threads

1. Greatest songwriter Games Hetfeild
    2. Greatest Singer Aya Hirano
    3. Greatest Guitarist Rev. Horton Heat
    4. Greatest Drummer Drummer from as I lay Dieing (cant remember his name)
    5. Greatest Album Master of puppets
    6. Most Influential Musician Jimi Hindrix
    7. Greatest Band Metallica

It is the responsibility of the people to question there government~Thomas Jefferson

Junior Member pic1702 is on a distinguished road pic1702's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-23-2011 11:51 AM
    Threads

Click image for larger version

Name:	SCANDAL+JPOP.JPG
Views:	40
Size:	149.9 KB
ID:	47137

my greatest band would be Scandal

Senior Member Tolle has a reputation beyond repute Tolle has a reputation beyond repute Tolle has a reputation beyond repute Tolle has a reputation beyond repute Tolle has a reputation beyond repute Tolle has a reputation beyond repute Tolle has a reputation beyond repute Tolle has a reputation beyond repute Tolle has a reputation beyond repute Tolle has a reputation beyond repute Tolle has a reputation beyond repute Tolle's Avatar
    Gil
    Psychadelic
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-19-2012 03:55 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by pic1702 View Post
    Attachment 47137

my greatest band would be Scandal
    Let me guess: You saw FMA and heard them in the outro? That's how I got to know them at least ^_^

Member Watery has much to be proud of Watery has much to be proud of Watery has much to be proud of Watery has much to be proud of Watery has much to be proud of Watery has much to be proud of Watery has much to be proud of Watery has much to be proud of Watery has much to be proud of Watery's Avatar
    Gil
    sunshine
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-06-2012 07:54 AM
    Threads

1. Greatest songwriter Rolf Liebermann
    2. Greatest Singer Elton John
    3. Greatest Guitarist Nelson Amos
    4. Greatest Drummer don't know yet
    5. Greatest Album Come Undone by Jackson Waters
    6. Most Influential Musician James Blunt
    7. Greatest Band Rumpelstilz

AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei has a reputation beyond repute Rei's Avatar
    Gil
    Psychadelic
    Gifts Favorite Bioshock Syringe Bioshock Eve
    Mentioned
    274 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-27-2019 06:35 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: aozorapen

These are all Japanese people but what do I care

1. Greatest songwriter: Mao, from SID. He has written every single song for every of their albums, and the meaning behind the lyrics he writes are just amazing. There are all kinds of different moods brought out by what he writes.

2. Greatest Singer: I am tempted to say Mao again...but no. Mizuki Nana. Her lives equal her studio recordings perfectly, and that's saying something.

3. Greatest Guitarist: Umm I don't know.

4. Greatest Drummer: I seriously don't know. So I'm just gonna say yukihiro from L'Arc for now.

5. Greatest Album: Pretty Hate Machine, Nine Inch Nails. (I just went to listen to Master of Puppets, and it is epic =D)

6. Most Influencial Musician: Eric Clapton. -hides- I can be old school.

7. Greatest Band: Deep Purple, I think.

できねぇ時?
    そん時ゃ諸共心中だよ

Thrust through the heavens with your spirit!! Volta has a reputation beyond repute Volta has a reputation beyond repute Volta has a reputation beyond repute Volta has a reputation beyond repute Volta has a reputation beyond repute Volta has a reputation beyond repute Volta has a reputation beyond repute Volta has a reputation beyond repute Volta has a reputation beyond repute Volta has a reputation beyond repute Volta has a reputation beyond repute Volta's Avatar
    Gil
    Drunk
    Gifts Flamingo Cake Lie
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-01-2012 04:48 AM
    Threads

7. Greatest Band: The Mars Volta

They are the masters of improvisation, their 2003-2006 lineup was one of the greatest live shows ever seen. So many talented musicians in one band.

Senior Member Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    469 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-12-2014 08:06 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

1. Shinderu-P - This dude makes the weirdest and best songs ever. ;~;
    2. Yuki Kaai - Her voice is just amazing. :3
    3. Murdoc
    4. Russel
    5. Carnival - Every song in this album is freaking amazing.
    6. I would like to say Miku Hatsune because she brought the whole Vocaloid era here.
    7. Gorillaz since Vocaloid isn't a band. v_v
    人類は調和したのか?
    VY2V3 = Me | Kagamine Len Act 1 = You

Gil
    Hungover
    Gifts Present Beer
    Mentioned
    261 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

wow this is still here, now for a revive and a new voting thread.

My nominations:

2: Eva Cassidy
    3: Hendrix
    4: Marky Ramone
    5: Blackbird by Alter Bridge
    6: Woody Guthrie
    7: The Exploited

Member Emerald14 has a brilliant future Emerald14 has a brilliant future Emerald14 has a brilliant future Emerald14 has a brilliant future Emerald14 has a brilliant future Emerald14 has a brilliant future Emerald14 has a brilliant future Emerald14 has a brilliant future Emerald14 has a brilliant future Emerald14 has a brilliant future Emerald14 has a brilliant future Emerald14's Avatar
    Gil
    Stuck
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-27-2012 09:24 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: jconn004

1. Greatest songwriter: I'd have to say the Boss, Bruce Springsteen. The songs he's written are some you can listen to anytime.
    2. Greatest Singer: Robert Plant. His voice in some of Led Zeppelin's songs, are either intense and powerful, or smooth and wash over you.
    3. Greatest Guitarist: I can't really choose. It's either Jimi Hendrix (because he was a legend on stage with a guitar in hand) or Jimmy Page (this guy was unbelievable, his riffs and solos are beautiful).
    4. Greatest Drummer: Again, it's tough to choose. I'm trying not to sound like a Zeppelin die-hard (which i sorta am...) but John Bonham slammed the crap outta the drums pretty darn good. Yet, Keith Moon was unbelievable, when he got on the drums, he just made it work.
    5. Greatest Album: Sadly, I needed a little help on this one, so i looked around online to see what others thought. When i saw a top 500 albums on Rolling Stone, number one was none other than Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band. First, Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds is such a great song, great song to sing a long too. But my favorite is AUTOMATICALLY A Day in the Life. WOW amazing.....just a great song all around.
    6. Most Influencial Musician: The Beatles. Hands down, they literally revolutionized all of rock n' roll. They were magical, incredible, you name it, they got it done.
    7. Greatest Band: Led Zeppelin. Alright, i know by now if you're reading this, you can tell im a real big Zeppelin fan. Reason: they're songs are incredible. You know when the radio is on and a certain song comes on with a certain wail of the guitar and a certain melodious voice, you know automatically it's Led Zeppelin. They're albums were some of the best of all times. True legends of their time.

Junior Member Bromyos has a reputation beyond repute Bromyos has a reputation beyond repute Bromyos has a reputation beyond repute Bromyos has a reputation beyond repute Bromyos has a reputation beyond repute Bromyos has a reputation beyond repute Bromyos has a reputation beyond repute Bromyos has a reputation beyond repute Bromyos has a reputation beyond repute Bromyos has a reputation beyond repute Bromyos has a reputation beyond repute Bromyos's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-22-2013 05:24 PM
    Threads

1 - Greatest songwriter: my vote goes to Thom Yorke, from Radiohead. Lyrics he writes are possibly the deepest I ever heard.
    2 - Greatest singer: tough one. Florence, from Florence+the Machine, Skin, from Skunk Anansie, or Tarja Turunen, ex-lead singer of the Nightwish, are likely candidates.
    3 - Greatest guitarist: Eddy Van Halen. His solo in Eruption gives me thrills, every frelling time.
    4 - Greatest drummer: also not easy. I'd say Mark Richardson, from Skunk Anansie, or Paul Banwatt, of the Rural Alberta Advantage.
    5 - Greatest album: We don't Need to Whisper, by Angels&Airwaves, simply because it is the only album yet where I like every single song, no exceptions.
    6 - Most infuencial musician: ok, I'm going to be extremely obvious here, and I'm also going to vote for a band I totally dislike, but...it's the Beatles. Undoubtedly.
    7 - Greatest band: to me, and this last question is EXTREMELY subjective, is Radiohead. For they are able, with every album, to surprise yet not to disappoint. Everything they make is always new and always amazing.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information