AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Do you care if people know your Real Gender?

AF's Danish Guy Inactive Account 0061 has a reputation beyond repute Inactive Account 0061 has a reputation beyond repute Inactive Account 0061 has a reputation beyond repute Inactive Account 0061 has a reputation beyond repute Inactive Account 0061 has a reputation beyond repute Inactive Account 0061 has a reputation beyond repute Inactive Account 0061 has a reputation beyond repute Inactive Account 0061 has a reputation beyond repute Inactive Account 0061 has a reputation beyond repute Inactive Account 0061 has a reputation beyond repute Inactive Account 0061 has a reputation beyond repute Inactive Account 0061's Avatar
    Gil
    Stressed
    Gifts Spinning Beach Ball Doom Gir Be Mine
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-20-2013 06:15 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Do you care if people know your Real Gender?

Short answer no... Long answer nope.

Senior Member .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:.'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-29-2020 04:24 PM
    Threads

In a word... no.

Now, I don't wish to derail this thread, but I feel the question, "Do you care if people know your real gender" may not be as direct as it sounds. I mean, if I took it at face value, then I'd be only required to answer "Yes" or "No", which I already have. But obviously that wouldn't make for a convincing argument, so therefore I'll elaborate... as well as take the other questions into account. Forgive me if the following majors on my reasons for not disclosing my own gender - but I find it difficult to answer the question without reference to it otherwise...

As you can see by the obvious question mark in my panel, I'd be one those people who chooses not to reveal their gender on the internet. Only a handful of members know my gender here, and only because I've got to know them and trust that they wouldn't use it against me.

I believe it's rightful to judge people as equally and neutrally as possible, and because I'd like to be treated that way in return, I avoid disclosing any detail that could only lead to unfounded judgement... e.g. gender, age, marital status or say... orientation. On top of that, this is not a dating site, so I don't see how disclosing gender is relavent here, for the record. However, I'm not suggesting that people should not disclose such details of themselves either, since it is their choice; but what I am saying is, disclosing gender should be a right, not an obligation. If people know my gender one way or another, it doesn't bother me, as long as they treat me with the same respect as they did prior to knowing it, that's all I ask of people in general, including members on this forum.

On another note though... one other reason I don't care if people know my gender, or care to disclose my gender is because I'd rather not pigeon hole myself as a masculine or femamine person. Obviously I naturally have physical and mental qualities that are typical of either gender - but I don't wish to label myself as one or the other, for the simple reason that doing so would only restrain my natural behavior and make me less true to myself as a person. In other words, I don't believe that gender should define the nature of a person. Of course, to some extent gender does, but if it should then it should be for natural reasons, not ideological ones.

Also, I understand only too well what the "issues" are with one not disclosing their gender (among other things) - none of which come as a surprise to me in fact... and the fact that most internet users are male has not escaped my notice either, nor has the possibility that at any point, some person could assume my gender and hit on me (in which case, only then would they be told my gender, and rightly so...) - and then there's also the reality that on the internet people can use opposite-sex avis to "hide" their true gender, or perhaps even inappropriate intentions that I'll not go in to here. The reality is that, in all 3 instances a number of people do intentionally decieve others for their own personal pleasures... and hiding their genders is but one way in which they can get what they desire. But as an "internet" society, what is our response to this? To oblige every person to tell us this and that about themselves, just in order to put to bed our own insecurities, which were only manifested out of assumptions as to what more secretive people might be doing in the first place. And low and behold, we contribute to a society whose judgement of people is based on fear and assumption (in which case, our enemies have already won). I for one do not tolerate this, and I will not be enslaved to it either. But I digress now maybe... so I shall leave my thoughts at that.
    Last edited by .:neuko:.; 12-02-2010 at 06:17 PM.

The warrior of time aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Gifts Bear Bleach Zangetsu Katana
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2015 10:29 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: aether370

O_o flippin heck that was long

Senior Member .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:.'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-29-2020 04:24 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by aether View Post
    O_o flippin heck that was long
    Lol. No kidding! But I felt certain things had to be said.

The warrior of time aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Gifts Bear Bleach Zangetsu Katana
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2015 10:29 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: aether370

Understandable

Member Dave-kun is a jewel in the rough Dave-kun is a jewel in the rough Dave-kun is a jewel in the rough Dave-kun's Avatar
    Gil
    Bored
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-12-2010 11:24 PM
    Threads

i'd feel awkward if people thought i was a girl.... so i'm sure the way i set word makes me look manly XD

Senior Member Desulishor has a reputation beyond repute Desulishor has a reputation beyond repute Desulishor has a reputation beyond repute Desulishor has a reputation beyond repute Desulishor has a reputation beyond repute Desulishor has a reputation beyond repute Desulishor has a reputation beyond repute Desulishor has a reputation beyond repute Desulishor has a reputation beyond repute Desulishor has a reputation beyond repute Desulishor has a reputation beyond repute Desulishor's Avatar
    Gil
    In Love
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-29-2010 02:28 AM
    Finland, land of santa claus and good dental care.
    Threads

Couldn't care less. I'm a guy so there's no negative sides to every1 knowing my gender (you despirit guys need to tune it down, with females going as far as hiding their gender online. What happened to the good ol "there's no women on the internet" -logic?) Well, I do play a female avatar in mmorpgs from time to time, (one could think of it as hiding one's gender) but I talk leet and my attitude is so rough I seriously doubt anyone would mistake me for a girl there. If some1 asked me outright, I'd reply honestly (unless I would feel like pulling a sarcastic joke) but I have no shame for using a wrong-gender avatar, since it doesn't really act as extension of myself.
    We are Pop Candy, very happy! ^--^

Senior Member Alias-Revolution has a reputation beyond repute Alias-Revolution has a reputation beyond repute Alias-Revolution has a reputation beyond repute Alias-Revolution has a reputation beyond repute Alias-Revolution has a reputation beyond repute Alias-Revolution has a reputation beyond repute Alias-Revolution has a reputation beyond repute Alias-Revolution has a reputation beyond repute Alias-Revolution has a reputation beyond repute Alias-Revolution has a reputation beyond repute Alias-Revolution has a reputation beyond repute Alias-Revolution's Avatar
    Nerdy
    Gifts Black Beauty LesPauls Mic TNG Communicator
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-16-2012 12:28 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Zeke Stryker XFIRE ID: Bignate101 Wii Code: 4265 2672 0811 8128

I tend to hide my gender in the online world until I come to trust the members of the forum or community. It's better to be unknown if I say something with gender bias in it, because just like only white people can be racist, only men can be sexist... at least as far as most folks are concerned.
    Kaitou Ace: Before she gets eaten by zombies,
    let's change the camera angle so you can see her panties.
    Kaitou Ace: repeat *100

Junior Member Aurea is on a distinguished road Aurea's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-02-2010 03:41 PM
    Threads

I don't mind at all. (:

Senior Member Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ericgamer1
    Imo, people really need to get over themselves.
    There is a difference between "Pride" and Hubris.

Senior Member Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos's Avatar
    Gil
    Lonely
    Gifts Rainbow Ribbon 104 - Cubone Saxophone
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-15-2016 09:09 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Bassoonist26

My real gender? Hm... Well, funny story, the truth is more people online know it than people in real life.

~Made by me~

Fuchsia Ruler Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah's Avatar
    Gil
    Sassy
    Gifts Heart Pisces Double Bento
    Mentioned
    309 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-02-2016 06:57 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

I love being a girl. (: So I don't care at all, I love who I am.

Senior Member Megamind's Minion has a reputation beyond repute Megamind's Minion has a reputation beyond repute Megamind's Minion has a reputation beyond repute Megamind's Minion has a reputation beyond repute Megamind's Minion has a reputation beyond repute Megamind's Minion has a reputation beyond repute Megamind's Minion has a reputation beyond repute Megamind's Minion has a reputation beyond repute Megamind's Minion has a reputation beyond repute Megamind's Minion has a reputation beyond repute Megamind's Minion has a reputation beyond repute Megamind's Minion's Avatar
    Gil
    Devilish
    Gifts EVE Heart Fuuko Starfish
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-04-2012 10:56 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

if i can't accept myself?... who will?...

~Howl's Mistress Evil Twin from the Other Side here to save her from further humiliation...

avenge me!..
    kill kill kill

sig by .Elmer

May precipitate OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-18-2018 11:48 PM
    Threads

I don't really care, no.

Tru Fax: Princess Minako wrestled Jesus... and won

Closed Thread

Thread Information