AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Will Caribou join the Strawhats?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes he'll join the strawhats

5 35.71%
  • no he won't join the strawhats

9 64.29%
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Is Caribou going to join the Strawhats?

Member rotlung is on a distinguished road rotlung's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-06-2011 10:18 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Is Caribou going to join the Strawhats?

So Caribou has ened aboard the Thousand Sunny and watch his ship and crew be crushed to pieces by the kraken. Do u think he's going to join the strawhats?

The Beat of the Rain Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts PPG Buttercup Razor Spinning Beach Ball Doom
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-05-2014 10:56 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Default Re: Is Caribou going to join the Strawhats?

Not a chance in hell. He's going to end up providing some sort of conflict once they get to Fishman Island, I'd bet.

"The color fades along the intervals I follow."

3. Likes Mugiwara-no-Basuke liked this post
    Senior Member Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra's Avatar
    Gil
    Woot
    Gifts Kawaii Ice Cream Cone Apple Systems NES Controller
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-24-2011 10:57 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Not even a chance he will. As to who the final member will be; with roughly ten years of OP left to read, it's anyone's guess.

My thanks to Xey Oiz for the awesome new set.

"Screw being normal and be awesome instead!"

Junior Member 3swordz is on a distinguished road 3swordz's Avatar
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-13-2011 11:36 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I don't see it right away, but the same could have been said for Robin or Franky earlier in the story, no they weren't necessarily evil like Caribou appears to be; but I wouldn't put it past Oda to throw something like that in the storyline

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

It's one of those things that I see Luffy "controlling him" for lack of a better way to phrase it... I may be entirely off in the guess but thought it would draw up some conversation.

Do u really think Oda is going to just stop with 10 crew members?? Also by my count there r 8 crewmember (not counting luffy cause he's the captian) That would mean there would be 2 more additions to the crew before everything is said and done.... Also that is going by what Luffy said in one of the first chapters about having a crew of about 10 or so...

Senior Member Mister_S is infamous around these parts Mister_S is infamous around these parts Mister_S is infamous around these parts Mister_S is infamous around these parts Mister_S is infamous around these parts Mister_S is infamous around these parts Mister_S is infamous around these parts Mister_S's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-07-2012 04:35 PM
    Threads

yeah according to oda the new world saga will be the final saga so not 10 years of one piece left but maybe 1 and half to 2 years left of one piece. So the next crew member will most likely be the final crew member and I highly doubt it will be caribou.

"Life's a game, no one gets out alive"

The Beat of the Rain Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by Mister_S View Post
    yeah according to oda the new world saga will be the final saga so not 10 years of one piece left but maybe 1 and half to 2 years left of one piece. So the next crew member will most likely be the final crew member and I highly doubt it will be caribou.
    That's not what "saga" means...I think you're confusing it with "arc".

OP so far has had 2 sagas:
    1. East Blue. Everything prior to them entering the Grand Line.
    2. The Grand Line saga. Everything up to and including the Marineford War.

The third will be the second half of the Grand Line, the "New World".

Oda said during the war that he was around the half-way point in the story, and he full expects it to run passed 1000 chapters.

Senior Member Bassoonista has a reputation beyond repute Bassoonista has a reputation beyond repute Bassoonista has a reputation beyond repute Bassoonista has a reputation beyond repute Bassoonista has a reputation beyond repute Bassoonista has a reputation beyond repute Bassoonista has a reputation beyond repute Bassoonista has a reputation beyond repute Bassoonista has a reputation beyond repute Bassoonista has a reputation beyond repute Bassoonista has a reputation beyond repute Bassoonista's Avatar
    Gil
    Inpain
    Gifts Rainbow Ribbon 104 - Cubone Saxophone
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-15-2014 10:55 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 1924-2316-9778-0248

OMG guys... Are you serious? This is ridiculous.

Nobody knows what exactly his role will be in the arc, but he will not join the Straw Hat crew. His portrayal is way off. He looks exactly like what he is - a crazy and violent villainous character. Usually I wouldn't base things off of looks, but it is just so obvious here. Oda was never portraying him as a crew member in the least.

I don't even get why anybody is so convinced he has a chance. Now even the Straw Hats are onto him.

~Made by me~
    (It's actually of my bassoon!)

Senior Member Mister_S is infamous around these parts Mister_S is infamous around these parts Mister_S is infamous around these parts Mister_S is infamous around these parts Mister_S is infamous around these parts Mister_S is infamous around these parts Mister_S is infamous around these parts Mister_S's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Really? I'd be interested in seeing this article because I thought I remembered reading somewhere that oda didn't want one piece to be his life's work, but I could be wrong. Also this is the way I looked at it, every time there was a defeat of a major villain in the grand line it would close a saga and all individual events would constitute the arcs. So for example; Saga=Baroque Works (Crocodile as the main antagonist) Arcs=Whiskey peak/little garden/Drum Island/Arabasta/etc. Another example; Saga=CP9 (Lucci as the main antagonist) Arcs=Water 7/Enies Lobby/etc.

So the Sagas would be: East Blue saga, Baroque Works saga, Skypiea saga, CP9 Saga, and Whitebeard War saga. And each one of these sagas constitute several events (arcs) that lead up to a final (and usually epic) Showdown.

That's the way I look at it, but I'm not so egotistical as to say that my opinion is the only right explanation and shut out all others.

Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by Mister_S View Post
    Really? I'd be interested in seeing this article because I thought I remembered reading somewhere that oda didn't want one piece to be his life's work, but I could be wrong. Also this is the way I looked at it, every time there was a defeat of a major villain in the grand line it would close a saga and all individual events would constitute the arcs. So for example; Saga=Baroque Works (Crocodile as the main antagonist) Arcs=Whiskey peak/little garden/Drum Island/Arabasta/etc. Another example; Saga=CP9 (Lucci as the main antagonist) Arcs=Water 7/Enies Lobby/etc.

So the Sagas would be: East Blue saga, Baroque Works saga, Skypiea saga, CP9 Saga, and Whitebeard War saga. And each one of these sagas constitute several events (arcs) that lead up to a final (and usually epic) Showdown.

That's the way I look at it, but I'm not so egotistical as to say that my opinion is the only right explanation and shut out all others.
    As I said, an arc is just short for "story arc", short for a single story that occurs within the story as a whole. All the things you mentioned (East Blue, Baroque Works, Alabasta, Drum Island, Water Seven, CP9, etc.) is an individual story arc. One Piece's general structure has been 1 island = 1 story arc.

As for the article, you can read it here; it was published November 28, 2009. If you just want the relevant part:

In the manga's 13th year, he would like to say that he is 9/10ths of the way towards the end, but he acknowledged that he is only halfway there.
    Last edited by Gjallarhorn; 12-07-2010 at 10:10 PM.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

very interesting stuff and I've lazy so I'm not going to read the whole arcticlw..

I understand that Oda made Caribou a bad guy. But honestly does the crew need a bad guy. Someone willing to do the dirty work and take care of things that no one else wants to do??? I mean Nami was a thief and Robin was an Assassin..... Both had to go through a wild experience to come around and join the crew.

Also on a side note WTF is Caribou devil fruit ablitity???? is he a mud man???

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Alright that makes sense " he would like to say he was 9/10 of the way in" meaning he didn't want it to be his lifes work but acknowledges that it probably will be .. Alright so that means I'll probably be in my 30 s when this story ends ... Crap it'll be a long wait xD

Missing In Action! MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife's Avatar
    Gil
    Sneaky
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-07-2014 03:57 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CloudStrifee PSN ID: MistaCloudStrife

Nope. I highly doubt it. The crew just came back from their uber training time skip and we have yet to see how strong Luffy is. I'm thinking Caribou is there to be the first logia to fall victim to Luffy's new rapage techniques. But hey, Oda can throw me off sometimes, so we'll just have to wait and see.

Junior Member Andres Diaz is on a distinguished road Andres Diaz's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-13-2011 12:49 AM
    Threads

Hmmm, so far he's top in my list. I heard even less likely ones like Boa Handcock and Jinbei just dropping what they're doing to join and that's just plain stupid (Sabo would have been great choice, but he's most likely dead D. I think it's safe to say that everyone freaked out for a moment when Robin joined because we didn't know anything about her, so who's to say Caribou doesn't have his own sob story?
    Caribou steals mermaids -> Straw hats find out and kick his donkey (The whole testing his haki out on a logia type) -> He'll beg for mercy and plea to join (maybe bring up the fact that his crew got whipped out) -> Luffy, being much wiser than before, will reluctantly agree to let him join but keep an eye on him (he will first join to kill, no doubt), but hey, having a logia user can be pretty useful.->Head out to new world where his sob story will unfold and BOOM, everyone loves 'im.
    Besides all the BS I just proposed, he's really interesting! He's got the whole nasty thing going on, can be funny in his own twisted way (Which I'm sure luffy will straighten him out if it gets too far), and he's got a great tan! (I'm assuming it's a tan since he and his bro are white in the manga)
    Before you judge this lunatic, think of what would've made him that way, chances are he'll have one of the saddest childhood stories from the crew. I just had to share my thoughts, sorry if it dragged out too long. But there's always the chance of him just getting his donkey kicked, Buggy style.

Junior Member luffy4king is on a distinguished road luffy4king's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-27-2011 11:44 PM
    Threads

I don't think caribu will join the strawhats. He's famous for killing marines, and that reputation isn't unwarranted. Not a single strawhat is a real killer. They all have their own goals and ambitions. I don't want to say there's no chance because there is, but I don't see it happening due to the fact that Caribu seems to have no asset other than fighting of being in the crew, and he doesn't have purpose for joining. All other members had both when they joined (Zoro=first mate, and wants to be the strongest swordsman, Nami=navigator, and loves riches and luffy for setting her free, Usopp=the gunner/handyman, and wants to be a great pirate with adventures, Sanji=the cook, and wants to see the all-blue, Chopper=doctor, and wanted to have friends/be a pirate, Robin=knowledge base, and wants to find out more knowledge for herself/loves luffy for saving her, franky=shipwright, and his crew wanted him to be protected from the govt, Brook=muscician, and wants to be apart of the crew after being so lonely for so long). Also he doesn't seem to fit the "good guy at heart" mold of all the other strawhats, and doesn't seem to be liked or respected by any of the strawhats.
    The only way I see him joining is if he has an epiphany, past events are revealed about him, and he is revealed to have some skill to bring to the crew.

Junior Member Sincerity05 is on a distinguished road Sincerity05's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-08-2012 07:57 AM
    Threads

Caribou?? no way... and I don't think that even Jimbei would join the straw hats,he's a goohearted person but doesn't fit in the crew, but who knows they don't have a fishman in their group so it would be possible that a fishman will join them, not Jimbei but maybe another one xD....Anyway i would like to see Trafalgar Law in the group, but thats quiet impossible, hes a badass but also one of Luffys rivals (a friendly rival...similar to Mihawk and Shanks) and also I don't think that another doctor will join the strawhats, they've got a cook,doctor,navigator,musican...etc, what do they need now? xD

Junior Member Nejon is on a distinguished road Nejon's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-15-2013 12:31 PM
    Threads

I don't see that coming. The SH crew doesn't need him. We need another girl joining.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information