AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Goldeneye 007

boopaloop! Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated's Avatar
    Gil
    Doubtful
    Gifts Xmas Tree Toast Present
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-06-2010 11:57 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Goldeneye 007

So, I've gotten Goldeneye 007(it dropped with the least fanfare I've ever seen, thanks Gamesradar!), and having had a chance to bite into it and give it a good tasting, I gotta say...

This is pretty fantastic.

The single player missions are fun, there's a nice variety between the stealthy and run-and-gun sections, plus the breaches, hackings, guard chatter(Hospitality: The most evil of industries), vehicle, no-light, and any other little bit I'm forgetting all serve to keep this from being the same shooting slog that The Conduit's single player usually turned in to.

And I really like the multiplayer. It, in my opinion, takes the long list of things that dragged The Conduit's down and fixes them quite nicely. Not only do we have ranks and experience, we have something to do with it too. I like the custom loadout options(I've named my custom loadouts Connery, Moore, Dalton, Brosnan, and Craig), and the little EXP bonuses and achievementsAccolades. It's always nice to know when you've just shut down someone's kill streak. And the game modes that aren't Deathmatch and Team Deathmatch are fun. The general clusterboop that forms around the Golden Gun, destroying or saving the Black Box, and capturing the command postsHacking the Goldeneye control consoles.

So in case you can't tell, I like this game. How's about the rest of you?

All my Let's Plays can be found here!
    Currently LPing: Rome Total War:
    Latest Update:
    Chapter 3: The Last King of Carthage.
    Start from the beginning:
    Chapter 1: Sicily Unified.

AF's resident Crazy Cat Lady Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf's Avatar
    Starving
    Gifts Mario Bowser Shell Mario Bob-omb Mario Blue Shell
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-22-2014 12:38 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CaptainEllipsis Steam ID: CaptainEllipsis Wii Code: 2388 1485 3012 2739

Default Re: Goldeneye 007

I'm trying not to buy anymore games for a while, but dammit you are tempting me. I might have to grab it soon, but for now I'll wait. Also is the online multiplayer laggy?

Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Gifts Penguin Movie Ticket Gabumon
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-13-2024 02:28 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I got it at Day 1. I been hooked to it since then. =3

It's a great remake, imo.

@Hyphen: Well, it got a bit laggy for me every now and then.

Also, What I like the most I can use my Classic Controller Pro.
    Last edited by Hanamaru Kunikida; 11-14-2010 at 12:29 AM.

boopaloop! Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated's Avatar
    Gil
    Doubtful
    Gifts Xmas Tree Toast Present
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-06-2010 11:57 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Haven't noticed any lag on my end, Hyphen. A very small amount of people jumping around a little, but no rubberbanding or lag stealing kills or any gamebreakers like that.

I haven't needed to use my special Golden Classic Pro yet, the default Wiimote controls work just fine to me. I'm used to the tradeoff you get when using Wiimote aiming: Easier for people used to using a mouse and aiming generally in front of you is snappy and great, but turning is a little slower. However,I think the devs knew that, because the maps don't seem to as often require the hairpin turns you usually pull off with a mouse.

And I think the ADS aiming is one of the best things ever. It just works so well.

Also, Friend Codes? Mine is 123121952596, screenname of SpammyV. You go to Party Invite in the Wi-Fi menu.
    Last edited by Opinionated; 11-14-2010 at 09:41 PM.

All my Let's Plays can be found here!
    Currently LPing: Rome Total War:
    Latest Update:
    Chapter 3: The Last King of Carthage.
    Start from the beginning:
    Chapter 1: Sicily Unified.

Junior Member darrylp is on a distinguished road darrylp's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-03-2010 07:28 AM
    Threads

I've been hearing and reading a lot about the Goldeneye 007 that it is the best and much better and improved than before. Halo: Reach and Resident Evil: Afterlife has been keeping me busy but Goldeneye is next on the list and even more excited now after reading the comments posted here. Wish I didn't have other obligations in life so that I can devote more time to play games

Senior Member Furore has a reputation beyond repute Furore has a reputation beyond repute Furore has a reputation beyond repute Furore has a reputation beyond repute Furore has a reputation beyond repute Furore has a reputation beyond repute Furore has a reputation beyond repute Furore has a reputation beyond repute Furore has a reputation beyond repute Furore has a reputation beyond repute Furore has a reputation beyond repute Furore's Avatar
    Gil
    Relaxed
    Gifts Ferrari Soccer Ball Favorite
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-17-2012 10:37 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I don't know what it is about Goldeneye, but even now it's still one of the games me and the lads can have the most fun playing multiplayer. Throw in the very respectable singleplayer and the golden controller and I'm a very happy customer...
    That said, Bond seems uglier in this Wiimake.
    victoria aut mors

Senior Member Sputnik is a glorious beacon of light Sputnik is a glorious beacon of light Sputnik is a glorious beacon of light Sputnik is a glorious beacon of light Sputnik is a glorious beacon of light Sputnik's Avatar
    Gil
    Dead
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-29-2011 12:54 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: SonOfSputnik

Yeah I'm rather enjoying the game....sooo much four player paintball....and still soo much fun

Aggressively stupid Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte's Avatar
    Gil
    Cloud_9
    Gifts Kawaiislice Alice Pocket Watch
    Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-07-2024 04:50 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I didn't know there was a remake of Goldeneye...
    I think I used to play the original on N64, but as I hear it from you guys, I might check it out just to try.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information