Want a signature banner with a style that is sweet, sparkly, and feminine? My signature tutorial will show you how to make your pinks and purples pop and allow the image you use to have that very cute girly look to it. This tutorial is real good if the image has a lot of pink and purple, making the signature look real nice after it’s done. Don’t worry if your signature doesn’t look exactly like mine; just keep practicing until you get it. (:

What made me make this tutorial is after I got my current sig, I want to see what am I able to do. Plus, my creative mojo was kicked in so I just had to do it. I want to make my own version of it. :'D

I ask you to use an image that has a very good quality for you to work with. You are good as your image, so be choosey on the stuff you want. ^_^ And I’ve picked the one to use and it’ll be used on my tutorial. REMEMBER: The results may vary!!
Touch ups, brightening can be used to make it all easy for you.

1. Resize the image to whatever size you want. As for mine its 365x165. After that’s done, I shrunk the image down to the right fit. Right now, I have only 1 image, but I place in that same picture in my signature, resize it but it’ll be a little bigger than the other one. I placed them both together and erased the parts that aren’t needed. It should look like this, and remember to make it look real natural and not over done.

2. You should have two layers and merge them together. Duplicate it and put it on Screen 30%. It should look a little brighter now.

3. I adjusted the Brightness and Contrast of the signature to: -29 and 5. It looks a little weird because it’s darker, but the fun part will come.

4. Have a new layer and make it as #1d0830 and place it on Exclusion 100%. Now it has a strange look to it, but you can see from the background that the purple stands out so much.

5. Right now you should have 5 layers and use this new layer to make the colour to #edd9e1, set it to Colour Burn on 76%. Now you can see the big difference in the colours. The purple is bold as well as the pink.

6. Here’s the fun part of the tutorial. Selective Colour time!!

C: cyan Y: yellow M: magenta K: black

Red
C: -100
Y: -25
M: 23
K: -34

Magenta
C: -100
Y: 100
M: 100
K: 100

White
C: 13
Y: -13
M: 23
K: -21

Neutral:
Y: -9
M: -7
K:2

Now it has a pink-ish purple look to it now. That’s not the only fun part and the signature will look so much better.

7. I want a lot of pink!! So make a new layer and have it in #dd3d63, put it on Soft Light with a Fill on 21%. This is different than the opacity, it tones it down a little more that’s all.

8. Duplicate your base image and put it on Soft Light 30% in Opacity, it makes it look a little more vibrant.

9. Duplicate it again and finally place it on Lighten 30% in Opacity. What it does now make the background purple again and you still keep the pink. :3

10. This gets slightly complicated here, but first of all, I went to Select>All>Copy Merge>Paste.

11. Go to your marquee tool and select the one that makes the circles.

12. After that is done, put it around the image and go to Select>Inverse. What will be done is the swirly part on the signature and gives it out that dreamy look. (:

13. I went to Filter>Blur>Radial Blur. The Amount should be on 30, Blur Method is on Spin, and the Quality needs to be on Best.

14. Duplicate that blurred out image and use the smudge tool around the edge of the image so it’ll look like they’re blended together.

15. Make a new layer to make the elliptical looking lines that covers a bit of the image. Remember the marquee tool that makes circles? Make your circle and right click, until you find the option Stroke. Put it on 1px with the colour of white. Move the circle around so it’ll have that unique look to it in any direction you want.

16. OPTIONAL: I have a tablet so I made it look a little wispy so I drew some curves within the circles. If you don’t have a tablet, that’s okay. The circles will do just fine and it’s barely noticeable.

17. I made my own black and white texture to create my cloudy affect to it. I honestly feel real lazy to tell you how I did it, so I’m a sweetheart to provide you a texture to use for it. ^_^ Just set it on Screen and erase out the stuff you don’t want on the signature.

Texture: http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/2...ture003zn1.jpg

18. New layer and put the colour on #2e2e2e and set it on Lighten. It doesn’t do so much but make the black pop out a little bit.

19. I made this one texture for this layer. Its real easy to do and you can pretty much do whatever you want with this. Make a black layer and use your brush to make some pink and purple lights around the signature. Set it in Screen so it has that dreamier look to it now. Erase some parts if necessary because that’s what I did.

20. Here comes the type. I can honestly say that typography is my big weakness. But that’s okay, its not so important. >_< What I did here is I typed out my name, yeah. You see it? That’s me~ Seung-li. hehehe

21. After I typed that out, I modify Drop Shadow, I put it on #000000, Overlay in the Opacity of 46%. Then I went to Outer Glow, put the setting on Screen on Opacity 75% and changed the colour to #ea677f.

22. Now it looks all bright and happy, but its too bright of a text. I changed it up a bit so the text will stand out a little more.

23. I had a little fun with the text so I duplicated it twice and went to Layers>Rasterize and place the two rasterized type in Soft Light. I moved them around so it has that glowy like feel to it.

24. Now the signature is all done. I just used my own kind of brushes and made it to how I want it. If you want to know how I made it, feel free to ask. I honestly feel a little lazy to tell how I made it here in this tutorial. >A<; But its really really easy to make it.

Now that you got your sweet girly looking signature, you can obviously place it in your signature to look all fabulous posting in the forums. ^__^ If you have questions, concern or comments, feel free to say so. I hope you enjoy it and will use this later in the future. I won't put in the .PSD file, not now at least. ;P Thats why you only get the before and after stuff.

Sources:
Image used: Google
Texture used: Google

Materials used:
Program: Photoshop CS5
others?: intuos4 tablet

xxSeung-li