AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Haruka and Michiru, and their epic love

Senior Member 星らぶ has a reputation beyond repute 星らぶ has a reputation beyond repute 星らぶ has a reputation beyond repute 星らぶ has a reputation beyond repute 星らぶ has a reputation beyond repute 星らぶ has a reputation beyond repute 星らぶ has a reputation beyond repute 星らぶ has a reputation beyond repute 星らぶ has a reputation beyond repute 星らぶ has a reputation beyond repute 星らぶ has a reputation beyond repute 星らぶ's Avatar
    Gil
    Dead
    Gifts Bigro MA 05 Ice Cream
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-11-2014 11:07 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Thumbs up Haruka and Michiru, and their epic love

Characters:
    Tenoh Haruka, or Sailor Uranus
    A genderbender character (of what we would call in today's terminology a genderqueer person) Haruka was said in the original text manga to have both the heart of a man and a woman (not the body and nor a hermaphrodite like people thought).
    Why Haruka is like that? Because Haruka was designed to be a male impersonator in a single gender theatre in Japan (of which Takeuchi herself is a huge fan) male impersonators are tend to be seen as "the ideal guy" who have the chivalry of a knight and the tenderness of a woman combined. Haruka in the manga is seen to wear both feminine and masculine outfits, and uses both masculine and feminine pronounces.

Kaioh Michiru, or Sailor Neptune

She is the epitome of an extreme femininity and that is because Michiru was designed (like Haruka) to be in a single gender theatre as female impersonator and Haruka's partner, together to make the perfect couple and complement eachother.
    Michiru is filthy rich but contrary with how rich ladies are acting in western world, in Japanese society it is a combination of "I have the power/money to do X, and I will work damn hard to be the best at X".

their epic LOVE (might contain spoilers)

In the Silver Millennium time they were isolated, guarding the solar system from their planets, and they weren't suppose to meet (so their love was from a distance and with all the bittersweet facts that come with distant relationships) in a very touching song called "destined couple" from the musicals they sing about how hard it was for them to be apart but knowing that they were protecting the princess kept them up to their duty.
    In present time, in S season they had to put their romance aside until they complete the mission at hand (so duty won once again, but the fact that their love lasted a so long makes it also so epic).
    The other epic aspect of their love is that even their dialogues are written in such a way to resemble the dramatic romances in the single gender theatre shows they were supposed to be part of.

And that's all folks
    What do you think of Haruka and Michiru, as characters and for their relationship?
    let's talk

Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-19-2014 09:25 PM
    Threads

Default Re: Haruka and Michiru, and their epic love

*Sings* because they're cousins... identical cousins yeah...

Seriously let me know if the English version ever admits the truth here, will ya? We get it, they'e in love and they're going to be together forever. Oh and they're serial killers.
    Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "How to Be an Anime Character" available from Amazon.com

Senior Member 星らぶ has a reputation beyond repute 星らぶ has a reputation beyond repute 星らぶ has a reputation beyond repute 星らぶ has a reputation beyond repute 星らぶ has a reputation beyond repute 星らぶ has a reputation beyond repute 星らぶ has a reputation beyond repute 星らぶ has a reputation beyond repute 星らぶ has a reputation beyond repute 星らぶ has a reputation beyond repute 星らぶ has a reputation beyond repute 星らぶ's Avatar
    Gil
    Dead
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_n View Post
    *Sings* because they're cousins... identical cousins yeah...

Seriously let me know if the English version ever admits the truth here, will ya? We get it, they'e in love and they're going to be together forever. Oh and they're serial killers.
    What does the English version has to do with anything I wrote?
    and why are you calling them cousins? I never said any such thing, they are a couple in all versions.

The Greekest Letter in the Alphabet. Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    631 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-15-2014 07:26 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Marooroo Steam ID: Maru_Mod_Dashi

Quote Originally Posted by 星らぶ View Post
    What does the English version has to do with anything I wrote?
    and why are you calling them cousins? I never said any such thing, they are a couple in all versions.
    Sometimes its best to ignore Clayton.

In the English version they did make them cousins because apparently American children cant handle same-sex couples.

Gil
    Dead
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ωmega View Post
    Sometimes its best to ignore Clayton.

In the English version they did make them cousins because apparently American children cant handle same-sex couples.
    I know about the US dub fiasco I just couldn't understand where exactly does it fit in my post

I do not consider any sailor moon dub accurate, since it was pretty much butchered in ALL dubs (except maybe the Brazilian one?)
    dubs for me simply do not exist
    Last edited by 星らぶ; 10-24-2013 at 01:13 PM.

6. Likes Ωmega liked this post
    Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Unfortunately since a lot of us don't speak Japanese the american dub is all we have... and we enjoy it... and then find out what they did to it... and suddenlyt he world is a much darker place.
    Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

The Greekest Letter in the Alphabet. Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    631 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-15-2014 07:26 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Marooroo Steam ID: Maru_Mod_Dashi

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_n View Post
    Unfortunately since a lot of us don't speak Japanese the american dub is all we have... and we enjoy it... and then find out what they did to it... and suddenlyt he world is a much darker place.
    I stick with subtitles, personally. I bought the box sets and theyre all in Japanese with subtitles [except for seasons 3 on, the you get the option of having English too]

9. Likes 星らぶ liked this post
    Gil
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

how many times have they had to "fix" DBZ?

Anywho i supoport this relationship whether they're cousins or not... maybe even more then.

Last edited by Clayton_n; 10-24-2013 at 06:30 PM.

Gil
    Dead
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

their relationship is so much more

Junior Member Idiotchan is an unknown quantity at this point Idiotchan's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-09-2014 07:29 AM
    Threads

Uranus, Neptune and Jupiter are my favourite Sailor Moon character.
    But, I hate the fact that Uranus and Neptune are lovers. I really hate homosexuals.
    Still, they're both great characters.

13. Dislikes 星らぶ disliked this post
    Gil
    Dead
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

what the...
    O__O
    whatever floats your boat dude, but why is it so important to tell the world who you hate?

15. Dislikes Idiotchan disliked this post
    Gil
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Idiotchan View Post
    Uranus, Neptune and Jupiter are my favourite Sailor Moon character.
    But, I hate the fact that Uranus and Neptune are lovers. I really hate homosexuals.
    Still, they're both great characters.
    Thenw hy did you come to a thread clearly discussing them as being lesbians? I could understand you hating the American version for making them cousins for the whole incest thing, but why hate lesbians?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information