AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Rally To Restore Sanity and/or Fear

Senior Member BoldMushroom has a reputation beyond repute BoldMushroom has a reputation beyond repute BoldMushroom has a reputation beyond repute BoldMushroom has a reputation beyond repute BoldMushroom has a reputation beyond repute BoldMushroom has a reputation beyond repute BoldMushroom has a reputation beyond repute BoldMushroom has a reputation beyond repute BoldMushroom has a reputation beyond repute BoldMushroom has a reputation beyond repute BoldMushroom has a reputation beyond repute BoldMushroom's Avatar
    Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-02-2013 05:02 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Ask me for it Steam ID: askmeforit

Default Rally To Restore Sanity and/or Fear

Who's watching it right now? It's on Comedy Central and ComedyCentral.com.

Not sure why, but The Roots are playing right now. You might say their flow is insane.
    Get some exercise this summer and raise money to fight disease. Find a free charity walk in your area:
    AIDS Walk | Walk to Defeat ALS | Walk MS | Making Strides Against Breast Cancer
    Light The Night for Leukemia & Lymphona | Great Strides for Cystic Fibrosis

4: [Classified brah] Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Tuxedo Mask Rose Mario Question Block Pen
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-06-2015 01:53 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Rally To Restore Sanity and/or Fear

Quote Originally Posted by BoldMushroom View Post
    Who's watching it right now? It's on Comedy Central and ComedyCentral.com.
    I am now.

Not sure why, but The Roots are playing right now.
    The roots kinda made sense. But the mythbusters?!

You might say their flow is insane.
    It sure is.
    Last edited by Eris; 10-30-2010 at 11:41 AM.

Hey look, Japan made a movie about me!

Senior Member BoldMushroom has a reputation beyond repute BoldMushroom has a reputation beyond repute BoldMushroom has a reputation beyond repute BoldMushroom has a reputation beyond repute BoldMushroom has a reputation beyond repute BoldMushroom has a reputation beyond repute BoldMushroom has a reputation beyond repute BoldMushroom has a reputation beyond repute BoldMushroom has a reputation beyond repute BoldMushroom has a reputation beyond repute BoldMushroom has a reputation beyond repute BoldMushroom's Avatar
    Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Yeah, the Mythbusters got old fast.

Has Stephen Colbert been in that Chilean capsule the whole time...?
    Get some exercise this summer and raise money to fight disease. Find a free charity walk in your area:

The Beat of the Rain Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts PPG Buttercup Razor Spinning Beach Ball Doom
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-05-2014 10:56 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Overall a great show; I loved Stewart's closing speech, and the Sanity/Fear awards Stewart and Colbert were handing out. R2D2 was clearly the best guest.

Seeing Stewart next to Kareem Abdul Jabbar was pretty funny; talk about an immense height distance.

"The color fades along the intervals I follow."

Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

I thought the amount of music in the show was a little excessive. The Roots and John Legend were a great opener, but they were half an hour themselves. Then there was 4troops, the Yusuf Islam/Ozzy Osbourne/O'Jays thing, Jeff Tweedy and Mavis Staples, the Colbert/Stewart song, Kid Rock and Sheryl Crow (ugh)...

I thought it could have been more pointed, more focused. I felt like a lot of the bits weren't as funny or daring as they could've been. Generally, I thought the funniest and most significant moments were the ones with Stewart and Colbert themselves. I liked the medals for promoting sanity and fear. The podium debate was the funniest part of the rally - bogeymen, fire, Kareem Abdul-Jabaar, media montages, giant Colbert puppets.

Considering the show as a whole, I was a little underwhelmed. I thought it could have been a lot less meandering and ancillary (and a lot funnier). The 40 minutes or at the end (after the dreadful Kid Rock/Sheryl Crow thing) were pretty worthwhile.

Closed Thread

Thread Information