AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: So what's the status of Cardcaptors / Cardcaptor Sakura in terms of a US release?

A fan of anime and video games. Videogamer555 is infamous around these parts Videogamer555 is infamous around these parts Videogamer555 is infamous around these parts Videogamer555 is infamous around these parts Videogamer555 is infamous around these parts Videogamer555 is infamous around these parts Videogamer555 is infamous around these parts Videogamer555 is infamous around these parts Videogamer555 is infamous around these parts Videogamer555 is infamous around these parts Videogamer555 is infamous around these parts Videogamer555's Avatar
    Gil
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-25-2012 10:00 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default So what's the status of Cardcaptors / Cardcaptor Sakura in terms of a US release?

I know Cardcaptor Sakura hase been released in Japan on TV, VHS, DVD, and Bluray. In the US there was a TV English dub called Cardcaptors (yes I saw this on KidsWB when it was on back in the 1990s). But what's the status of hardcopy releases in the US? On amazon.com I see several different times it's been released in the US it seems.???

I see a VHS of Cardcaptors, but it says "language: English, Japanese" but that seems mistaken because unlike DVDs, VHS tapes can NOT have multiple audio tracks.
    Claims to be put out by: Geneon [Pioneer]
    Link:
    http://www.amazon.com/Cardcaptors-Te...dp/B00004Y56X/

I see a DVD of Cardcaptors with English dub and Japanese original (audio selectable from the menu I'm guessing).
    Claims to be put out by: Geneon [Pioneer]
    Link:
    http://www.amazon.com/Cardcaptors-Te...dp/B00004Y56Y/

I see a DVD of Cardcaptor Sakura (Japanese name for the show) but it is a Region 1 DVD which means English version DVD so shouldn't it say "Cardcaptors" instead? It says it's in Japanese with English subtitles, so maybe indeed the subtitled version kept the original Japanese title?
    Claims to be put out by: Geneon Entertainment
    Link:
    http://www.amazon.com/Cardcaptor-Sak...dp/B00004W1ZN/

I'm wondering if all of these releases is legit or if some are bootleg copies. Please let me know.
    Last edited by Videogamer555; 10-29-2010 at 02:26 AM.

Lady Shaorin's Soulmate Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke's Avatar
    Gil
    Inspired
    Gifts Enterprise NCC 1701-B
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-24-2016 11:42 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Re: So what's the status of Cardcaptors / Cardcaptor Sakura in terms of a US release?

in the early 2000's, PIONEER ANIMATION ( later relaunched as GENEON) collaborated with NELVANA
    to put an pure, unedited Subbed release of the CCS Anime out on DVD in the U.S. under the original title.

i do not know if PIONEER ever completed the series in this form, just that there are at least 8/10 vols. out there to be found,
    and the vols. beyond No.5 or so tend to get exponentially more rare and expensive.

i like the series a lot, but only own the first three vols. all the same. i don't own any "CARDCAPTORS" as i find it an affront and a mockery...

Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-23-2016 04:23 PM
    Threads

Default Re: So what's the status of Cardcaptors / Cardcaptor Sakura in terms of a US release?

I'm pretty sure they did that a long time ago and it was awful. They edited it to hell.
    Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "How to Be an Anime Character" and "Lesbian Fairy Tales" available from Amazon.com

Junior Member kyubikai is on a distinguished road kyubikai's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-03-2014 05:10 AM
    Threads

I watch Cardcaptor Sakura in 2007-2010, Sakura very lovely, she always love life. When sakura smiles i fell the sun sine.

Moderator Probie Digimon___Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon___Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon___Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon___Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon___Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon___Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon___Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon___Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon___Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon___Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon___Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon___Sommelier's Avatar
    Gil
    Bookworm
    Gifts Gabumon
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-24-2016 11:55 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

The clow . . . *memories*
    My Wi-Fi, it's gone out . . .

Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-23-2016 04:23 PM
    Threads

This is the list of Clow Cards based on the official arrangement. This list also shows the order in which the Clow Cards are re-captured in the anime:

The Windy
    The Shadow
    The Illusion
    The Flower
    The Mist
    The Storm
    The Float
    The Fight
    The Song
    The Shot
    The Sweet
    The Freeze
    The Arrow
    The Light
    The Twin
    The Wood
    The Shield
    The Power
    The Loop
    The Mirror
    The Big
    The Change
    The Firey
    The Voice
    The Lock
    The Cloud
    The Dark
    The Watery
    The Rain
    The Jump
    The Silent
    The Time
    The Erase
    The Sleep
    The Return
    The Dash
    The Create
    The Bubbles
    The Wave
    The Sand
    The Fly
    The Thunder
    The Sword
    The Glow
    The Move
    The Little
    The Maze
    The Snow
    The Through
    The Libra
    The Dream
    The Earthy
    Last edited by Clayton_n; 11-06-2014 at 02:39 PM.
    Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "How to Be an Anime Character" and "Lesbian Fairy Tales" available from Amazon.com

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information