AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Thread: Fallout: New Vegas discussion thread.

Junior Member jimmyzen has much to be proud of jimmyzen has much to be proud of jimmyzen has much to be proud of jimmyzen has much to be proud of jimmyzen has much to be proud of jimmyzen has much to be proud of jimmyzen has much to be proud of jimmyzen has much to be proud of jimmyzen has much to be proud of jimmyzen's Avatar
    Gil
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-28-2011 04:05 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Bratushka Steam ID: Jimmyzen

Default Re: Fallout: New Vegas discussion thread.

I'm still undecided about the ending. I definitely don't like the Legion. I'm leaning toward the NCR but I always have doubts because in places people don't talk very kindly about them. Mr House seems way too bi-polar- he's either a control freak who treats my character like a Boy Friday with all his crappy little missions/errands. But then he goes psycho when he doesn't get his way. I never trust people even in real life who are as agreeable as Yes Man so I don't fully trust him in the game either. I think I'm just going to have to choose one way and follow it through to the end and save that and do the same thing with each possible path. That's one of the good things about playing on a PC is being able to cut/paste the saved game files out of the game folder to somewhere else so I can restart from any point.

I finished Dead Money and am double checking all over for any side missions I may have missed. I have Honest Hearts but have read it has bugs so I may hold off before I play it and finish just before I finish the main game.

I just got all the addons to Fallout 3, Broken Steel, Point Lookout, The Pitt, and Operation Anchorage which I'm also in the process of replaying.
    Last edited by jimmyzen; 05-31-2011 at 06:20 AM.

4: [Classified brah] Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Tuxedo Mask Rose Mario Question Block Pen
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-06-2015 01:53 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GameGeeks View Post
    Now there's a game I did play. Wish more games where like that today.
    Play more games like that from yesteryear. I hear Fallout 1 is good. You can get it at gog for cheaps. They also have Arcanum, Planescape, and other awesomeness.

Hey look, Japan made a movie about me!

Junior Member jimmyzen has much to be proud of jimmyzen has much to be proud of jimmyzen has much to be proud of jimmyzen has much to be proud of jimmyzen has much to be proud of jimmyzen has much to be proud of jimmyzen has much to be proud of jimmyzen has much to be proud of jimmyzen has much to be proud of jimmyzen's Avatar
    Gil
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Eris View Post
    Play more games like that from yesteryear. I hear Fallout 1 is good. You can get it at gog for cheaps. They also have Arcanum, Planescape, and other awesomeness.
    I mentioned GOG in another thread about old video games. They sure have quite a selection and I bought like 5 my first visit.

I also read Fallout 1 was good but I think I read it has graphics sorta like the first GTA- not very detailed and everything is small. I read that some time ago in a gamer mag when Fallout 3 was first reported to be in development. having slept since then i can't vouch 100% for the accuracy of my brain....

Geek of Games GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks's Avatar
    Gil
    Paranoid
    Gifts Jade Disc Cookie Cookie
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-28-2017 05:24 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: GameGeeks

Quote Originally Posted by Eris View Post
    First, har, second, own Arcanum. I'll probably get Fallout 1 and 2 in the future.

4: [Classified brah] Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Tuxedo Mask Rose Mario Question Block Pen
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-06-2015 01:53 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyzen View Post
    I mentioned GOG in another thread about old video games. They sure have quite a selection and I bought like 5 my first visit.

I also read Fallout 1 was good but I think I read it has graphics sorta like the first GTA- not very detailed and everything is small. I read that some time ago in a gamer mag when Fallout 3 was first reported to be in development. having slept since then i can't vouch 100% for the accuracy of my brain....
    GOG is awesome.

The graphics in the original fallout are dated, but it's okay. It leaves much more to the imagination, which is something that generally is positive for RPGs.

Hey look, Japan made a movie about me!

Senior Member Chewbaka has a reputation beyond repute Chewbaka has a reputation beyond repute Chewbaka has a reputation beyond repute Chewbaka has a reputation beyond repute Chewbaka has a reputation beyond repute Chewbaka has a reputation beyond repute Chewbaka has a reputation beyond repute Chewbaka has a reputation beyond repute Chewbaka has a reputation beyond repute Chewbaka has a reputation beyond repute Chewbaka has a reputation beyond repute Chewbaka's Avatar
    Gil
    Festive
    Gifts Mario Boo Bleach Kon Laptop
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-28-2015 12:08 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Ugh, the new patch is like a sexy woman with a deformed leg. It's fantastic, but that leg is just...ugh. My framerate drops in every area on The Strip, fast travel freezes me at a few spots and just blocks it, and a few other problems. I do like the weapon changes though. I use shotguns more due to the extra 20% damage, the 12.7mm Sub is fantastic, All-American is freaking awesome in V.A.T.S., among other weapons being used more. I'unno, it's a mixed feeling. Any opinions on this?

Also, screw the other DLC's, I want Lonesome Road. I want to know:

Why Ulysses is such a jackwagon, and what's our personal history. A theory is that we were in a gang, and something we did left us running with him essentially "holding the bag". Just a theory though.

Again, just a theory. I'm interested in other theories though.

OH, Dead Money sucks with it's invisible cards in some locations and the extra skill books making me work my game around them. It was bad enough for me to figure out how to bump my stats to fit certain things, only to find out that I made a mistake. e.e;

Set done by MissBunBun ^_^

Gil
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Hermaeus Mora View Post
    Ugh, the new patch is like a sexy woman with a deformed leg. It's fantastic, but that leg is just...ugh. My framerate drops in every area on The Strip, fast travel freezes me at a few spots and just blocks it, and a few other problems. I do like the weapon changes though. I use shotguns more due to the extra 20% damage, the 12.7mm Sub is fantastic, All-American is freaking awesome in V.A.T.S., among other weapons being used more. I'unno, it's a mixed feeling. Any opinions on this?

Why Ulysses is such a jackwagon, and what's our personal history. A theory is that we were in a gang, and something we did left us running with him essentially "holding the bag". Just a theory though.

OH, Dead Money sucks with it's invisible cards in some locations and the extra skill books making me work my game around them. It was bad enough for me to figure out how to bump my stats to fit certain things, only to find out that I made a mistake. e.e;
    I read on Steam that there were bugs galore with Honest Hearts although I didn't see anything saying it affected video performance. A patch is forthcoming (isn't it always?). I didn't have any of the other problems you mentioned but I did see them among those others had. What brand is your video card? Sometimes ATI based stuff has problems and nVIDIA is OK and vise-versa.

I started HH just to get a look-see of the area but need to tie up loose ends in the main game a bit more. I tried a half dozen times to alter the beginning but apparently it's meant to be that way. I'm ducking dropping a spoiler here.

As for Dead Money- it was OK but the lack of resources make it unnecessarily hard at times. The incessant beep-beep-beep of the collar got tiresome. They took that a little too far. After I finished it I re-explored the entire area and there was a lot I found that would have been useful in the game had I been able to get in the area. I thought the ending was good story-wise but it was way harder getting past the holographic guards than it was to deal with Elijah. I never did get the deal with changing the holo-guys behavior at the various terminals. It didn't look like they did anything different after selecting that command. Since most of the terminals that did that required a hack it would have seemed that the devs would have thrown players a bone and maybe rendered them inactive for a short time or shut a few down where there were hordes of them. Since they were indestructible they had a lot going for them anyway. Better yet, Stealthboys! Maybe toss a few around at the beginning and drop a few clues that you shouldn't use them until it really called for it. I didn't think the combat between the character and the Ghost Thingies was quite right either. When you stand right in front of them and stab or throw a spear at them and it totally misses, well at that range there's no way! BTW: Elijah looked like the main guy from the Brotherhood of Steel in FO3.

I'm with you waiting for Lonesome Road. For some reason the title makes me think it should have a Neil Young/Crazy Horse distorted, feedback drenched, guitar frenzy theme song in it. Better yet, in-game music by Electric Neil like he did in the movie My Name is Nobody (starring Johnny Depp) which is one of my favorite odd films and a Must See for the warped of humor and for those who like dark things with a twist.

Great analogy with the leg thing, too! ;-)
    Last edited by jimmyzen; 06-02-2011 at 02:42 AM.

Geek of Games GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks's Avatar
    Gil
    Paranoid
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Hermaeus Mora View Post

Yeah, I noticed that too. It's quite annoying knowing I can run the game at full settings and still have lag. And the freeze in starting to piss me off. There have been times where it refused to correct itself and force a termination making me re do a large chunk of what I just did. Such as clearing an entire cave or building. And as for the history, I think it's left blank intentionally by the developers so I doubt there would be a DLC for it. Though there are a few minor choices you can make about it throughout the game.

@jimmyzen Haven't played Dead Money yet but short of them stripping your gear you just need to be prepared. I don't think it'd be an issue considering on this char (preparing for a full on survival hardcore play through, i.e. no merchants) I have hand loader, scavenger and jury-rigging. Haven't tried Junk Rounds yet but chances are I'll test it out since I still have ten perks to pick left.

Senior Member Chewbaka has a reputation beyond repute Chewbaka has a reputation beyond repute Chewbaka has a reputation beyond repute Chewbaka has a reputation beyond repute Chewbaka has a reputation beyond repute Chewbaka has a reputation beyond repute Chewbaka has a reputation beyond repute Chewbaka has a reputation beyond repute Chewbaka has a reputation beyond repute Chewbaka has a reputation beyond repute Chewbaka has a reputation beyond repute Chewbaka's Avatar
    Gil
    Festive
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I just want to point out that you can start Dead Money at any point you want, but being level 20+ is recommended for the skill challenges, perks and weapon skill. Also, the Automatic Rifle is downright sexy. Wish that they added a different weapon mod other than that 10% ROF bump, but it equates to 50 DPS extra, so I'unno.

I finally quit playing this game for a while. Since Day 1 it's been in my PS3, and now I'm doing something else. Feels real good not having to put skill points into anything, but I'll be sucked into it soon enough.

Gil
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Yeah, I noticed that too. It's quite annoying knowing I can run the game at full settings and still have lag. And the freeze in starting to piss me off. There have been times where it refused to correct itself and force a termination making me re do a large chunk of what I just did. Such as clearing an entire cave or building. And as for the history, I think it's left blank intentionally by the developers so I doubt there would be a DLC for it. Though there are a few minor choices you can make about it throughout the game.

@jimmyzen Haven't played Dead Money yet but short of them stripping your gear you just need to be prepared. I don't think it'd be an issue considering on this char (preparing for a full on survival hardcore play through, i.e. no merchants) I have hand loader, scavenger and jury-rigging. Haven't tried Junk Rounds yet but chances are I'll test it out since I still have ten perks to pick left.
    Hey! No, losing my gear wasn't an issue and I was already a level 30 when I went in. My playing style for any game seems different from the way many people play. I will stay in an area and fight every opponent, explore every inch, and take everything I can. According to my Steam page for New Vegas - I just checked- 323 hours(!) so you know I am definitely not a run and gunner! I've never been one who tries to beat a game as quickly as possible. I paid for it so I will get everything out of it I can. Off topic a bit, but I did get stuck in Dead Money so I watched a video on YouTube of a guy playing through it. I figured out what I needed to do well before I saw him do it, but his play style was such a train wreck to me I had to watch for awhile. He went in a level 20 and I noticed on his Pip-Boy map and how sparse it was that he hadn't even been to half the areas in the Waste Land but he said he'd completed the game before starting Dead Money. In dead Money, he jumped through every intro and dialog cut scene where things were explained and information was given only to be baffled later by the same things he'd skipped. He sped through conversations with characters without reading anything and then couldn't figure out what to do with them later. When anybody in the game spoke he was like a sports commentator and felt it necessary to run his own dialog on top of them commenting and never heard a word that was said. Had he shut up for even half the time he was babbling he wouldn't have have had trouble in spots because he would have known what was going on. He didn't care a whit about the story, all he wanted to do was "win" and get it over with. He bought the game so he can play however he wants to, but I don't get spending that kind of money and then ducking out on 3/4 of the experience of playing it. I had to stop watching his videos after a few because it was too frustrating and I was tired of telling the screen "If you'd shut up for 10 minutes you'd know"

What I was referring to in my original comment was that to survive there was tedious. It was possible, but time consuming. Exploring was a risk because you couldn't let your health get too low, but you also needed supplies so you had to explore. There were a few beds that could be slept in but you had to hunt for them. There were holo-vendors you could get things from both to use and to feed the vending machines. The trick there was you had to trade stuff because they didn't have any chips to buy things with and you couldn't spend them. You had to trade items of enough value with them for what you wanted. That meant scrounging cans, ashtrays, cups, bottles, clothes, plungers- anything of any value. At times I left everything I was carrying there in their shops just to go on scavenging hunts.

The vending machines would buy back stuff and there are codes or whatever they were you could find that let the vending machines you use make items or enhanced items they otherwise wouldn't. They will also buy back items for casino chips. I had stash spots I would keep stuff in so when the guns, etc. wore out I had more stashed.

As you adapt to the hazards of the place, traps, poison gas clouds, the radios and speakers that trip your collar, the enemies, it is a learning curve. I guess one way to do it is save, learn your away around and what to watch for, then restart from the save and play for real. Again, it's just me, but I get tired of repeating sections and levels (my reason for detesting checkpoint save games) in most cases. I'd rather patch myself up and continue on. Of course, the random crashes to desktop of FO 3 and NV taught me to SESO!! (Save early, Save often) A little more help with a few more stims thrown around would have been nice.

The ghoul character you are teamed with has stashes all over marked by a glowing hand print. These contain weapons, food, ammo, some meds, etc. There were also items inside apartments in dressers and cabinets, on the floor, on shelves and tables. There sre things of value strewn among the drbris outside, too.

What did become "Oh no! Not again!" tedious was the beeping that warned of the collars getting ready to blow. It was challenging rushing an area and looking for the source of what was setting the collar off and running back out before it blew. There were graffitti clues of many ot the speaker locations painted and scrawled on walls. There were places where the only option was to run past them because they were the red glowing indestructible ones. That's all well and fine, but there were a few spots where it was a timing thing that took practice to get right. In one spot you have to pick a lock while you're beeping. That required replays because you couldn't mess arounf for even a fraction of a secon in getting to it. That gets a bit repetitive. At least fo me it did.

Then there there are the holo-guards. They are indestructible which gives them a huge leg up. There are security terminals around where they are posted. Some of them need to be hacked and all have a "modify behavior" command. Select it and it acts like it's running, but I didn't notice any change in behavior, be it going inactive or just moving to a different area to patrol. Most things in the FO series return some error message to let you know it isn't working.

There are places where you just have to charge through these guard, especially toward the end. I don't want to spoil it so i will be vague. Here's an analogy- If you ever played Half Life 2 you will remember the ant lions. When they were first introduced they were a challenge and you were happy when you were done dealing with them. Then in the Half Life Edisodes following Half Life 2 they went way over the top with them. It wasn't fun or a challenge, especially the parking garage, it was just stupid and frustrating and one of the few times I ever entered "God Mode" to get through a challenge in a game. I think it was just laziness on the part of the FONV developers at the entry to the valult level. Rather than make it more difficult to find or require specialized or hard to get items to complete the section, they just stick an army of indestructible enemies and make the player get to safety before he dies. No cover, no place to duck and decide what to do next: Run, Die, Repeat.

What would have been nice is if Stealth Boys would have been allowed and worked on those Holos. Even a special type available somewhere in the area left by the plotters who had planned the evil deed that was interupted years before. (I'm trying to avoid dropping a spoiler here) There could have been, say 3 of them so if you wasted them on less dangerous situations you would be SOL when you truly needed them.

The thing I always liked about F0 3 and FO NV was, besides being shooters, they also required some thinking and strategy. Choices were important. The more you invested in the game from following the story line, listening to the stories of the NPCs, taking missions, and exploring, the more the game gave back. It's a pretty good story which is fun to take part in. I don't much care for games like Painkiller where the point is just ever increasingly more difficult combat and the storyline is just a thin thread to explain the combat. (I think that kind of game is more suitable for the guy whose videos I watched) The last part of DM reminded me of that kind of brainless get away before you die thing. I guess I just wanted a more "heady" set of tasks to the conclusion that required use of other resources besides luck and repeat until you get it right.

It would have also been nice to have found a courier's box with which to ship the loot out in. (Sigh!)

I found the segment's story ending rather anti-climactic although I'm sure my opinion is the exception rather than a rule. I don't think they did a good job tying up the loose ends and I really wish there could have been a better ending sequence with one of the three "team members" you were linked with. Two concluded and one was left hanging.

On a high note, after it was over, I did get to re-explore all the areas without the collar and clouds of poison gas afterwards. I dispatched the remaining Ghost guys, found the rest of the Ghoul's stashes and made some notes for next time. Once Dead Money is over and you return to the Waste Land you can't go back.

It was fun, places were very good, but overall, I think it was uneven.
    Last edited by jimmyzen; 06-05-2011 at 01:34 PM.

Gil
    Paranoid
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

@jimmyzen First, lol Write three sentences and get an essay in reply. Second, I can live with the collar. If anything it sounds entertaining. Like a more serious version of what the Brotherhood does if you don't bring along Veronica. So really looking forward to it. Though I think I'll wait till I max science which is about three levels from now since I just plopped a level and a half into survival for Entomology.

Gil
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

@jimmyzen First, lol Write three sentences and get an essay in reply. Second, I can live with the collar. If anything it sounds entertaining. Like a more serious version of what the Brotherhood does if you don't bring along Veronica. So really looking forward to it. Though I think I'll wait till I max science which is about three levels from now since I just plopped a level and a half into survival for Entomology.
    I write anyway and today was a two pot of French roast coffee day... ;-)

13. Likes GameGeeks liked this post
    Gil
    Festive
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

BUMP! HONEST HEARTS IS SMEXY! I'unno what is up with those caps and all that, but seriously, it's nice. The patch is nice too. It's essentially surgery for that one leg on that lady I was talking about. There are scars on it, but it looks awesome overall.

My only problem? How hard some encounters are. I'd rather tough it out, instead of toning down the difficulty. Makes my Manstache feel manlier.

Lonesome Road needs to get here now. I want some closure. >:/

Awaken Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1's Avatar
    Gil
    Fine
    Gifts Mario 1-Up Mushroom Aria Neko Mario Piranha Plant
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-16-2022 04:19 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

well, I am disappointed.

Seeing as how the new 360 I got doesn't have a slot for a memory card, all my saved data in vegas is meaningless now. ;__;

I can always start over I suppose.
    The Brighter the Light the Darker the Shadow

Gil
    Paranoid
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Ericgamer1 View Post
    well, I am disappointed.

Seeing as how the new 360 I got doesn't have a slot for a memory card, all my saved data in vegas is meaningless now. ;__;

I can always start over I suppose.
    Just think of it as being able to correct any mistakes you made with the character and You've only done one char so far?

Awaken Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1's Avatar
    Gil
    Fine
    Gifts Mario 1-Up Mushroom Aria Neko Mario Piranha Plant
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-16-2022 04:19 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

It's been a while since I've played it now, so it'll be a fresh start. lol

I'll make sure not to making the same mistakes I did the first time around at least o_o;
    The Brighter the Light the Darker the Shadow

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information