~~~Approved by LPS~~~~
Now, Ladies and gents, this isn't your usual RP. Instead of characters fighting other characters directly, you will be commanding NPC armies in moderated battle. This is mainly an experiment with a different type of RP, which is driven by the results of battle rather than character-based Drama. I need people to sign up as Players or Moderators.
RULES I - The Simple Things
1. Moderators must be impartial when determining the results of skirmishes.
2. Moderators may partake in battles, but they cannot judge their own fights.
-If there are insufficient players, results will be determined on an honor system instead. Please be honest, and don't powerplay.
3. Insert list of generic RPG rules here.
RULES II - The Confusing Part
This is a simplified list. Players will have the full draft of Battle Sim rules mailed to them.
1. GM or Mod determines battlefield conditions, troop assignments, and bonuses/disadvantages.
2.Generals take turns giving orders to their troops for offensive and defensive strategy. Only simple reactions are allowed in "sub rounds".
3. Orders given after the initial round will take at least one full turn, depending on troop distance from the general.
4. Generals may partake in the battle directly, but it will increase their chances of falling in battle, thus losing.
Title: Battle Simulations V.I
History: "You (the player) are a military leader aiming to be the ruler of Sellorn. Of course the path to dominance is fraught with battles and rivalries. You must battle and defeat rival generals and defend your realm from those who would rule you. Plan wisely, lest you lose everything." Note that this is a medival-ish setting. This version has no modern technology.
Bio Sheet Sample:
Class: Nobility, Commoner, etc. Think medieval class systems.
Brief History: 3-5 lines, make note of owned land.
History: As the son of a veteran warrior, Telloran learned the art of battle from an early age. With a lust for money and power, Telloran set off on his own upon reaching adulthood. He travels as both an "honorable highwayman" and mercenary. He owns no property but his weapons and horse.