AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Do you still like Yu-Gi-Oh?

Junior Member Draconess25 is on a distinguished road Draconess25's Avatar
    Gil
    Sleepy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-26-2014 10:50 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Re: Do you still like Yu-Gi-Oh?

Possibly. But oh well. First impressions are extremely important to me. Especially on tv or in real life, because voices get on my nerves, so the person themself has to be interesting enough to not irritate me. That's why I'm antisocial. If someone says/does something stupid when I first meet them, I'm done already. Same with shows. The characters have to be particularly interesting.

AF's Annoying Weeaboo Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    323 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-05-2015 10:10 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: NanoEdge EX

Quote Originally Posted by Draconess25 View Post
    Because everyone has their own opinions. Unlike most others, I actually gave the other series a chance, but I just couldn't stand them. For me, I just tend to like characters I grew up with. It's really hard for me to get into any other new anime for the same reason. I'm not as impressionable as I used to be, so the characters have to appeal to me immediately for me to stay interested.
    IMO most people say every version after duel monsters is bad due to nostalgia (like you clearly said you do).

Zexal is really bad and GX is eh.
    Last edited by Yoko Littner; 01-25-2014 at 11:15 PM.
    Check out Anime Globe for the latest in anime reviews and anime news!

~Me, when my waifu confessed her love to me~

Gil
    Sleepy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Yoko Littner View Post
    IMO most people say every version after duel monsters is bad due to nostalgia (like you clearly said you do).

Zexal is really bad and GX is eh.
    Meh, it's not so much nostalgia as it is being hard to impress. When I was a kid, I was easier to impress, so that stuff stuck with me. Nowadays, I can't even stand tv in general. I have to already be into it to even bother with watching it. I lack patience. Only things I'm not picky with are books, music, and video games.

AF's Annoying Weeaboo Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    323 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-05-2015 10:10 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: NanoEdge EX

Quote Originally Posted by Draconess25 View Post
    Meh, it's not so much nostalgia as it is being hard to impress. When I was a kid, I was easier to impress, so that stuff stuck with me. Nowadays, I can't even stand tv in general. I have to already be into it to even bother with watching it. I lack patience. Only things I'm not picky with are books, music, and video games.
    I completely understand as I also cannot stand tv (not counting anime, NFL and the occasional WWE). Maybe not you, but some people rip on anything new just because they want to think its worse than what they grew up with. 90s cartoons were def better hands down and I understand that argument and the same goes with old WWF, but Yugioh 5ds actually has an impressive plot and decent characters.
    Check out Anime Globe for the latest in anime reviews and anime news!

~Me, when my waifu confessed her love to me~

Gil
    Sleepy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I just personally can't get into them. I think the reason I don't like tv anymore is because everyone in my family has the volume over halfway up, and I simply don't like loud voices. They make me angry. If someone is only 2 feet away, they shouldn't be talking so loud that I could hear them from 10 feet away. And I guess hearing the people on tv talk so loud just burnt me out on it. I have the patience for music, video games, books, and shows I already like enough that they have no chance of annoying me. xD I have to be REALLY bored, tired, or high to watch a new show. But I totally know what you mean about ripping on anything new. Like with the new Pokemon games. They're no more or less creative than the Gen I. ><

Member Ai-no-Miko is on a distinguished road Ai-no-Miko's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheerful
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-09-2014 10:55 PM
    Threads

I still like the first series, and if I could find a way to get my hands on it I would. I remember loving the manga too when I was younger, back when they actually still published the Shonen Jump magazine in English I really looked forward to it. I never got around to actually collecting the graphic novels though, and I'm not sure I could even still find them. It'd be nice though.

Senior Member Digimon___Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon___Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon___Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon___Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon___Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon___Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon___Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon___Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon___Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon___Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon___Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon___Sommelier's Avatar
    Gil
    Psychadelic
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-24-2015 11:55 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I like Yu-Gi-Oh. The future series (like ZEXAL), which is currently playing, confuses me, but they're good too.
    My Wi-Fi, it's gone out . . .

Doll Girl Toshiro Tazukura has much to be proud of Toshiro Tazukura has much to be proud of Toshiro Tazukura has much to be proud of Toshiro Tazukura has much to be proud of Toshiro Tazukura has much to be proud of Toshiro Tazukura has much to be proud of Toshiro Tazukura has much to be proud of Toshiro Tazukura has much to be proud of Toshiro Tazukura has much to be proud of Toshiro Tazukura has much to be proud of Toshiro Tazukura's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts One Piece Wanted Poster Soras Keyblade Alice
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-17-2014 04:25 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Dragons Rioting PSN ID: ManyuuHikenchou

Nay the show is ridiculous with all these new rules

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread Information