AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Most Underrated Video Game

Senior Member .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:.'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-29-2020 04:24 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Most Underrated Video Game

Sometimes, I think the presence behind the most commercial video games in the world can be so dominant that they have a tendency to occlude the presence of certain other video games, which I believe deserve just as much, if not more credit. I believe these video games deserve (at least) as much recognition, because... while they may not have that overall commercial polish, they do usually have a certain charm and freeness about them that I don't usually find in the more commercially-driven video games. Or to put it another way, I think the the former type of video games are not so much bound by commercial rules... which means they tend to be more faithful to one's vision.

So in regard to the above statement, here's the main question of this thread:

Which video game do you feel is the most underrated and why?

In my opinion... and to the best of my knowledge, I'd say Rez (Dreamcast) is the most underrated video game: This old-school-style shoot 'em up had a well judged difficulty curve, eye-candy visuals and awesome animation, which was clearly ahead of its time. I also believe that Rez is one of the most faithful video games in the world; that is to say it approaches the vision of the director more than most.

Here's a clip of a boss scene from Rez:

Last edited by .:neuko:.; 11-18-2010 at 06:19 AM.

Junior Member Mike007 is on a distinguished road Mike007's Avatar
    Gil
    Fine
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-04-2010 04:33 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Re: Most Underrated Video Game

I completely agree with you, I know some underrated games that I have enjoyed a lot for example Super Mario RPG (SNES) which who knows that mario had an RPG? no, they see him like always a plataformer game or for example the same goes with Megaman X Command Mission (Can´t remember) that goes for the same... megaman is much of a plataformer game but who knows about this game? it´s his own RPG adventure well.... that shows us that there are a lot of games that are underrated

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information