AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The final fantasy series (need i say more)

Member Linkax9 has much to be proud of Linkax9 has much to be proud of Linkax9 has much to be proud of Linkax9 has much to be proud of Linkax9 has much to be proud of Linkax9 has much to be proud of Linkax9 has much to be proud of Linkax9 has much to be proud of Linkax9 has much to be proud of Linkax9 has much to be proud of Linkax9's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-03-2010 06:04 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Linkax9 XFIRE ID: linkax Steam ID: Linkax9

Default The final fantasy series (need i say more)

just thought i would make this thread since i have not seen one like it yet,

i thought it would be good to get people veiws on the game(s) good & bad points, favourite moments, characters etc.

i hope you all have lots to say

Senior Member TomoyoSakagami has a reputation beyond repute TomoyoSakagami has a reputation beyond repute TomoyoSakagami has a reputation beyond repute TomoyoSakagami has a reputation beyond repute TomoyoSakagami has a reputation beyond repute TomoyoSakagami has a reputation beyond repute TomoyoSakagami has a reputation beyond repute TomoyoSakagami has a reputation beyond repute TomoyoSakagami has a reputation beyond repute TomoyoSakagami has a reputation beyond repute TomoyoSakagami has a reputation beyond repute TomoyoSakagami's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-18-2014 10:13 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: BishounenTao PSN ID: BishieShu XFIRE ID: snx21 Steam ID: BishieShu

Default Re: The final fantasy series (need i say more)

It's not a bad series of games. I still need to play through FFVII though.

I will say one thing though, this series would have been epic if they didn't keep making sequels, I mean look at FFXIII and the online FFXIV...then again, that's my opinion.

Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Gifts Penguin Movie Ticket Gabumon
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-13-2024 02:28 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Linkax9 and TomoyoSakgami, I am happy for you guys and Imma let you finish but Final Fantasy IX is the best Final Fantasy of all time. Jsut sayin'. ^.^ Oh, and runner-up us Final Fantasy XIII.

Awaken Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1's Avatar
    Gil
    Fine
    Gifts Mario 1-Up Mushroom Aria Neko Mario Piranha Plant
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-16-2022 04:19 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

FF10 was my personal favorite. The sequel was pretty decent as well. (dunno why people rip on it so much)

I like how each game is it's own unique story and is independent of the other games; with the exception of blatant sequels of course. Plus, Chocobos; awww. ^^

Turned-based action sense are my favorite, I can completely understand their motivation for experimenting with different battle sequences, but I'll always be a turned-based kind of person. Keeping the same sorts of elements in the attack system with a bit of a twist can be both refreshing and in a lot of ways is really good for the producers to have that sort of consistency, so that they don't feel like they have to make an entire new system every time they make a new game.

Characters are always interesting, though, in some of the games, I found specific ones to be quite bland. This is a minor problem that doesn't really subtract from the overall value of the game, so I'll let it slide on the basis that it's not so horrifically bad that I want to not play the game.

Stories are.. Ok. I mean, I've played a lot of games, so I know a good story when I see one. FF games offer a good, but not great line of stories. Just my opinion of course.
    Last edited by Skylar1; 10-01-2010 at 09:52 AM.
    The Brighter the Light the Darker the Shadow

Senior Member TomoyoSakagami has a reputation beyond repute TomoyoSakagami has a reputation beyond repute TomoyoSakagami has a reputation beyond repute TomoyoSakagami has a reputation beyond repute TomoyoSakagami has a reputation beyond repute TomoyoSakagami has a reputation beyond repute TomoyoSakagami has a reputation beyond repute TomoyoSakagami has a reputation beyond repute TomoyoSakagami has a reputation beyond repute TomoyoSakagami has a reputation beyond repute TomoyoSakagami has a reputation beyond repute TomoyoSakagami's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

I quite enjoyed X-2, I don't know whether if it was because I played that before FFX but I couldn't find much wrong with the game.

I never got to the end of it though ~_~

Awaken Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1's Avatar
    Gil
    Fine
    Gifts Mario 1-Up Mushroom Aria Neko Mario Piranha Plant
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-16-2022 04:19 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TomoyoSakagami View Post
    I quite enjoyed X-2, I don't know whether if it was because I played that before FFX but I couldn't find much wrong with the game.

I never got to the end of it though ~_~
    Same here. I could never seem to beat it. I would find myself continuously distracted by all the mini-games and stuff, which, were fun; no doubt about that. lol

I think it was mostly because people were comparing the two games, which, I often say that in most cases that isn't the best thing to do when playing a sequel because you're more than likely going to end up becoming disappointed. You just have to play the game it's self, and not expect something from it that it's not.
    The Brighter the Light the Darker the Shadow

Member Linkax9 has much to be proud of Linkax9 has much to be proud of Linkax9 has much to be proud of Linkax9 has much to be proud of Linkax9 has much to be proud of Linkax9 has much to be proud of Linkax9 has much to be proud of Linkax9 has much to be proud of Linkax9 has much to be proud of Linkax9 has much to be proud of Linkax9's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

i personally like 8 the best but also like 9 and 12, but i have to say 13 is a big let down...

Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I actually need to get my hands on X-2 again. =\ I need to play it.

Gil
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Linkax9 View Post
    but i have to say 13 is a big let down...
    You can say that again, sold it before even getting to the end.
    ざわ。。。ざわ
    MyAnimeList
    HummingBird
    Anilist

Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

XIII was the second best Final Fantasy. =O How can people like XII, lol? Well, I haven't played it all the way through but damn....

Gil
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Well I would like to say "What the hell is wrong with you?!" but that's your opinion and I shall respect it.
    ざわ。。。ざわ
    MyAnimeList
    HummingBird
    Anilist

Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

yh lol fair enough with other opinions but i managed about 2 hrs game play then had it with the game

We will get them next time!

Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I wasn't attacking you guys but people in general trashing XIII and liking XII over it.

Gil
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

I haven't played XII so I can't compare it to XIII D:

IX is good, for the most I've played of it anyway.
    ざわ。。。ざわ
    MyAnimeList
    HummingBird
    Anilist

Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

VII is good but is overrated as DBZ for crying out loud.

Final Fantasy VII = The Dragonball Z of Videogames, no kidding.
    Last edited by Hanamaru Kunikida; 10-01-2010 at 02:35 PM.

Gil
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Hey, I quite liked DBZ Budokai 3...just that one though.
    ざわ。。。ざわ
    MyAnimeList
    HummingBird
    Anilist

Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

That's not what I meant.

I mean people say VII is the best RPG of all time just like people say DBZ is the best Anime of all time or like it as their best Anime of all time.
    Last edited by Hanamaru Kunikida; 10-01-2010 at 02:34 PM.

Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

i had no comparisons either lol, but im not saying that i dont like XIII becuase of XII

Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Goddamn it, I meant VII guys....I got mixed up.

Now I feel really stupid.
    Last edited by Hanamaru Kunikida; 10-01-2010 at 02:35 PM.

Gil
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Ah, now it all makes sense.

Well then, I agree with you~
    ざわ。。。ざわ
    MyAnimeList
    HummingBird
    Anilist

Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

oh right lol well this might make you happy lol i dont really care for 7 lol i hated the GFX but 8 was just right

Senior Member Ellxeeva has a reputation beyond repute Ellxeeva has a reputation beyond repute Ellxeeva has a reputation beyond repute Ellxeeva has a reputation beyond repute Ellxeeva has a reputation beyond repute Ellxeeva has a reputation beyond repute Ellxeeva has a reputation beyond repute Ellxeeva has a reputation beyond repute Ellxeeva has a reputation beyond repute Ellxeeva has a reputation beyond repute Ellxeeva has a reputation beyond repute Ellxeeva's Avatar
    Gil
    Flirty
    Gifts Luna Cheshire Cat Bonsai Tree
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-02-2015 03:49 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: ellxeeva

I want chocobos in real life.

Live Fast. Die Young. Be Wild. Have fun.
    -LDR

Senior Member Anime-Prince has a reputation beyond repute Anime-Prince has a reputation beyond repute Anime-Prince has a reputation beyond repute Anime-Prince has a reputation beyond repute Anime-Prince has a reputation beyond repute Anime-Prince has a reputation beyond repute Anime-Prince has a reputation beyond repute Anime-Prince has a reputation beyond repute Anime-Prince has a reputation beyond repute Anime-Prince has a reputation beyond repute Anime-Prince has a reputation beyond repute Anime-Prince's Avatar
    Gil
    Bookworm
    Gifts Favorite A Duck Naruto Headband
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-20-2014 07:21 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Hmm..

Final Fantasy VII had the best story, and music.

Final Fantasy VIII had the best characters, and world to explore.

Final Fantasy X I thought was the most ambitious, but failed to give depth to it's support characters.

Final Fantasy X-2 was just an excuse to change outfits..

Final Fantasy XII was pretty good.

Final Fantasy XIII is just trying to be too epic.
    Fascinated by the rain, influenced by the wind. Adventure for fun.

Member AmaroWolfwood has a reputation beyond repute AmaroWolfwood has a reputation beyond repute AmaroWolfwood has a reputation beyond repute AmaroWolfwood has a reputation beyond repute AmaroWolfwood has a reputation beyond repute AmaroWolfwood has a reputation beyond repute AmaroWolfwood has a reputation beyond repute AmaroWolfwood has a reputation beyond repute AmaroWolfwood has a reputation beyond repute AmaroWolfwood has a reputation beyond repute AmaroWolfwood has a reputation beyond repute AmaroWolfwood's Avatar
    Gil
    Daring
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-04-2010 01:29 AM
    Threads

Did anybody on here play FF series before VII? They were great fun, but I can't keep playing them over and over like other people I've met. I've got a soft-spot for VII as it was my first FF, but I can see how it is overrated, I love the movies and game sequels they made for it, though.

VIII had a great story, but just moved too slow for me to place in my favorite spot. I'm thinking IX is definitely tied for my favorite with VII. X was great, too. I was happy they didn't have problems with poor voice acting and I even liked X-2. Anyone who didn't finish it really should, it actually has a surprisingly interesting story. I wasn't expecting much from it, but it was a pleasant surprise.

I couldn't get into XII, I tried it for a few hours, but it just didn't stick, and I'm actually enjoying XIII right now pretty well. Not the best, but really glorious images and the story isn't too bad, which is what I play a FF for.

Overall, the series has always done me good, and I love square-enix the way I loved squaresoft. ^O^

Edit* I also want a Cactuar, Tonberry, or Mog Plushy <3
    Last edited by AmaroWolfwood; 10-02-2010 at 02:11 AM.

Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I played III, IV and V? Those were the days.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information