AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ambu's review on Darkstone.

Aggressively stupid Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte's Avatar
    Gil
    Cloud_9
    Gifts Kawaiislice Alice Pocket Watch
    Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-07-2024 04:50 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Ambu's review on Darkstone.

"Darkstone is an action role-playing game created by French developer Delphine Software International and released in 1999. Darkstone has many similarities to Diablo, particularly in the user interface." (source: Wikipedia)

Storyline:
    The idea is, that "Draak", an evil lord with the power to turn into a Dragon, returns from his earlier defeat, and he and his minions take over the lands of Uma. Draak petrifies people as you go a bit further in game. You, the hero, (of course) have to defeat Draak. (suprise?) In the town you gather your supplies, and roam in 8 different dungeons to collect 8 crystals, in order to make a bigger crystal, wich helps you defeating Draak. (Original right?) When you defeat Draak, you get a treasure and win the game. (yay.) You can create your own story line, (wich always ends up in collecting crystals and killing Draak) with an external program, wich you can download on the internet.

Gameplay:
    As I said before, the gameplay is a lot like Diablo. You can move the screen with the cursors, and move and attack/talk with your mouse. After you beat the game it's fun to beat it again, because you have different levels of difficulties and storylines. You can re-use the same character at anytime. (with the same level and items too.) and you can play with 2 characters at a time. You can also play with a friend online. (max 2 players)

My opinion:
    I liked the game, because of the various ways of gameplay and storylines. I never made my own storyline, because that is very hard, but I played several others. I also liked the fact that I could re-use my character in my next game. After a month of playing, I grew tired of the game, and ditched it for a while, a few months later I picked it up again, and it was fun again. I still play it sometimes. The graphics are quite good for a game that old. If I had to rate this game, I'd rate it 8/10.
    Thank you, Delphine Software.

Last edited by Nanobyte; 09-16-2010 at 12:10 PM.

Nanobyte's minion SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD's Avatar
    Gil
    Sleepy
    Gifts Luna Cake Lie Soras Keyblade
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-20-2017 06:47 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 1596-5790-7816-3407

Default Re: Ambu's review on Darkstone.

Wow, that actually was a pretty good review right there. And you are right, the graphics do look good for an old game like that. I like games where you can reuse characters again after the game finishes and it looks pretty fun. Might pick this up as my first pc game.

Aggressively stupid Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte's Avatar
    Gil
    Cloud_9
    Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Thanks!
    I got the pictures from other sites though, as you can see...
    But it's a pretty fun game, I used to play it when I was 10, and I still play it sometimes.

Senior Member Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-04-2022 08:14 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

You liked the game too!? I really enjoyed this one, nice revew:].
    Nonon Jakuzure - Best Kill la Kill bae
    Ota "The Cutest Otaku" 2016 - Lol, how's your account doing lately? Oh wait.
    Pretty damn great! #spoke2soon

Gil
    Cloud_9
    Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Thanks! ^___^
    Yeah, the game was awesome...

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information