AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Hypersensitivity

They should have named it Doom4 or something DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM!'s Avatar
    Gil
    Drunk
    Gifts Binoculars Kawaiislice Medkit
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-08-2023 04:46 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Re: Hypersensitivity

dunno lol

u mad?

+
    ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
    Last edited by DOOM!; 09-23-2010 at 09:39 AM.

It's never safe to turn off your computer - Silent Strike

Senior Member Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis's Avatar
    Gil
    Curmudgeon
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-18-2016 04:10 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by McDoom, Dr. View Post
    dunno lol

img1
    When the bible refers to homosexuality, it generally has to do with older men sleeping with young boys. The concept that we have now of a lasting homosexual relationship didn't really exist back then.

Great Witch of Britannia wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90's Avatar
    Gil
    Wicked
    Gifts Eva Penpen Wolf Full Moon
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-21-2014 03:53 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DisturbedWiccan PSN ID: Wolfdragon63 Steam ID: Wolfgirl90

Quote Originally Posted by YokoKuwabara View Post
    Besides, my point was to show how its possible to not take things personally when they are intended to be taken personally, so it should also be possible to not take things personally when they aren't intended to be taken personally.
    I understand what you are trying to say, but you really don't get to make that call. Sure, some people can be hypersensitive to a word, but there is usually a reason for this (e.g what the word means, the persons experience with the word). If you say the word "gay" to call something stupid, YOU know that you didn't mean anything by it, but someone else may not. Hell, you easily could be saying that "gay" means stupid (other people don't know what your intention is and it would rather bold of you to expect that they should). If you use the word, be prepared to defend yourself from the backlash.

I consider myself a strong person. I pretty much have to be, living in Virginia, a backwards state that hates gays but allows first cousins to marry. Even now, as a twenty year old college student, I am still harassed about my race and my religion (you would think maturity would come with age, but...) and for the most part I ignore it (which is why Halloween is so fun). However, I am not going to say that I never get offended. Of course I get offended! When someone shouted the "n" word at me, I was offended, when someone left little pamphlets on my desk saying I going to Hell, I was offended, when a bus driver was amazed that I was well-spoken considering "who I was", I was offended. The fact that I was offended isn't an indication of my maturity; what I did in response (basically laugh it off) is.

Also, calling something stupid "gay" is SOOOOO 2003.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	115a.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	78.2 KB
ID:	32525

Quote Originally Posted by ѺϦᵴιᶑιѧϗ ʆʋᶑᶃԑ View Post
    When the bible refers to homosexuality, it generally has to do with older men sleeping with young boys. The concept that we have now of a lasting homosexual relationship didn't really exist back then.
    How did you come to that conclusion? There are three main verses in the Bible that denounce homosexuality (Leviticus 18:22 and 20:13 and Romans 1:26-27), each of them talking about men being with other men. I mean, there is a Bible verse saying that a man who has damaged testicles (or is missing them) isn't allowed in church (Deuteronomy 23:1). If the Bible wanted to denounce child molestation (and it doesn't), if that was an issue at the time, it would probably be more specific than telling a man "don't lie with mankind".
    Last edited by wolfgirl90; 09-23-2010 at 03:09 PM.
    This is my war face.

This is what happens to trolls who mess with me.

Senior Member brolyx74 has a reputation beyond repute brolyx74 has a reputation beyond repute brolyx74 has a reputation beyond repute brolyx74 has a reputation beyond repute brolyx74 has a reputation beyond repute brolyx74 has a reputation beyond repute brolyx74 has a reputation beyond repute brolyx74 has a reputation beyond repute brolyx74 has a reputation beyond repute brolyx74 has a reputation beyond repute brolyx74 has a reputation beyond repute brolyx74's Avatar
    Gil
    Confused
    Gifts Cds Ice Cream
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-11-2012 08:00 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wolfgirl90 View Post
    I understand what you are trying to say, but you really don't get to make that call. Sure, some people can be hypersensitive to a word, but there is usually a reason for this (e.g what the word means, the persons experience with the word). If you say the word "gay" to call something stupid, YOU know that you didn't mean anything by it, but someone else may not. Hell, you easily could be saying that "gay" means stupid (other people don't know what your intention is and it would rather bold of you to expect that they should). If you use the word, be prepared to defend yourself from the backlash.

I consider myself a strong person. I pretty much have to be, living in Virginia, a backwards state that hates gays but allows first cousins to marry. Even now, as a twenty year old college student, I am still harassed about my race and my religion (you would think maturity would come with age, but...) and for the most part I ignore it (which is why Halloween is so fun). However, I am not going to say that I never get offended. Of course I get offended! When someone shouted the "n" word at me, I was offended, when someone left little pamphlets on my desk saying I going to Hell, I was offended, when a bus driver was amazed that I was well-spoken considering "who I was", I was offended. The fact that I was offended isn't an indication of my maturity; what I did in response (basically laugh it off) is.

Also, calling something stupid "gay" is SOOOOO 2003.
    Attachment 32525
    Hahaha. Nice.

Its fine for people to be offended, but to overreact to it is bad. I love people like you and me. When something offends us (even though I don't get offended very often) we don't overreact to it. I hope you don't mind me grouping you with me. I just mean we're both strong people.

To me, its also like the so called sexual harrassment lawsuits where the chick sues because she was offended when she over heard her co workers making some racy jokes. I mean, it wasn't intended to be offensive, nor were they even talking to you. (I know there are serious sexual harrassment lawsuits, but I'm specifically refering to these frivolous ones) I understand they don't know I'm not meaning it to be offensive, but that doesn't mean they should overreact to what someone says.

I want everyones opinion.

Today, someone said something was pretty homo, and by that he meant gay as in gay as in flambouyant and homosexual. Is it ok for him to say this, or should he have worried about offending anyone. (The subject in question was a portion of a male beauty pageant.)

Senior Member Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis's Avatar
    Gil
    Curmudgeon
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-18-2016 04:10 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wolfgirl90 View Post
    How did you come to that conclusion? There are three main verses in the Bible that denounce homosexuality (Leviticus 18:22 and 20:13 and Romans 1:26-27), each of them talking about men being with other men. I mean, there is a Bible verse saying that a man who has damaged testicles (or is missing them) isn't allowed in church (Deuteronomy 23:1). If the Bible wanted to denounce child molestation (and it doesn't), if that was an issue at the time, it would probably be more specific than telling a man "don't lie with mankind".
    Well it's simple; I know so basic history. In ancient Rome it was not uncommon for older men to molest young boys, it wasn't exactly advertised that it was done, but there were no laws against it. It wasn't even a really bad thing back then, it was just done, kind of like how people now-a-days sit in front of a TV. Besides, what the bible says depends on how specific you thinks it is being~

On a side-note let's not de-rail this thread with bible hate or worship, if you don't agree with something you see try to be mature and ignore it.
    Last edited by Anoleis; 09-23-2010 at 03:53 PM.

Senior Member Anime-Prince has a reputation beyond repute Anime-Prince has a reputation beyond repute Anime-Prince has a reputation beyond repute Anime-Prince has a reputation beyond repute Anime-Prince has a reputation beyond repute Anime-Prince has a reputation beyond repute Anime-Prince has a reputation beyond repute Anime-Prince has a reputation beyond repute Anime-Prince has a reputation beyond repute Anime-Prince has a reputation beyond repute Anime-Prince has a reputation beyond repute Anime-Prince's Avatar
    Gil
    Bookworm
    Gifts Favorite A Duck Naruto Headband
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-20-2014 07:21 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Look it's a really simple concept.

Don't say things that offend people and you won't have this problem.
    Use proper words and not street cultured words to describe how you're feeling.

If you don't and people get offended, that's your problem. If it bothers you, then maybe you shouldn't be so sensitive about overly sensitive people.
    Last edited by Anime-Prince; 09-23-2010 at 07:23 PM.
    Fascinated by the rain, influenced by the wind. Adventure for fun.

They should have named it Doom4 or something DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM!'s Avatar
    Gil
    Drunk
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by ѺϦᵴιᶑιѧϗ ʆʋᶑᶃԑ View Post
    I know very little of history and my (non)beliefs allow me to edit the Bible like a Wikipedia.
    On a side-note let's pretend we're srs bsns.
    Who are you? And what the hell happened to your username?

Senior Member Furore has a reputation beyond repute Furore has a reputation beyond repute Furore has a reputation beyond repute Furore has a reputation beyond repute Furore has a reputation beyond repute Furore has a reputation beyond repute Furore has a reputation beyond repute Furore has a reputation beyond repute Furore has a reputation beyond repute Furore has a reputation beyond repute Furore has a reputation beyond repute Furore's Avatar
    Gil
    Relaxed
    Gifts Ferrari Soccer Ball Favorite
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-17-2012 10:37 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Anime-Prince View Post
    Look it's a really simple concept.

Don't say things that offend people and you won't have this problem.
    Use proper words and not street cultured words to describe how you're feeling.

If you don't and people get offended, that's your problem. If it bothers you, then maybe you shouldn't be so sensitive about overly sensitive people.
    I think I get ya.
    Offline, talk normally because people generally aren't as sheltered and won't take offense.
    Online, act like you're of a certain social grouping that doesn't talk normally so all the sheltered internet people who avoid the real world like the plague don't get offended.

That's essentially what I'm getting from this. I personally don't use the word 'gay' much at all, but the only time I ever hear someone suggesting they have a problem with it is online or watching footage of weird people on television. The majority of males I've encountered in any career used 'gay' as a synonym for 'stupid' and often the context it's used in can't be applied to a sexual preference. To those who'd suggest colloquial language is a sign of inferior intellect, get over yourselves. If anything it's a regional thing. I've been security for types much more educated than myself who swore or used 'insensitive language' much more than I ever did. It's part of what I love about this country. Well apart from some areas of the bigger cities where people have gotten 'globalised' [a term a friend of mine coined] and lost their accent and colloquial to some extent.
    victoria aut mors

Gil
    Drunk
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Yes if there's anything I hate with a holocaust desire, it's definitely those verbalfags. You can't express yourself freely without these idiots pointing out what minority you just unwittingly mentioned and insulted and insist to take legal action about it. Well if they're so literal then they should heed these words with great care: "PISS OFF!" Who cares about some physically/mentally disabled, racially belonging, sexually deviant, religiously attached or nationally dependent person who is completely unrelated/irrelevant to your will of speech? Not me, even If I would be one of them. I've seen communism go easier on speech than these retarded liberals.
    Also, what's wrong with the word "fag"? I recall a video where this guy got high ratings for swearing with every word. When using "fag", he got 0. What's wrong with people? They secretly lol when "fag" is used in a lulzy manner but they get all liberal-tarded when someone other than them uses them publicly.

Senior Member Anime-Prince has a reputation beyond repute Anime-Prince has a reputation beyond repute Anime-Prince has a reputation beyond repute Anime-Prince has a reputation beyond repute Anime-Prince has a reputation beyond repute Anime-Prince has a reputation beyond repute Anime-Prince has a reputation beyond repute Anime-Prince has a reputation beyond repute Anime-Prince has a reputation beyond repute Anime-Prince has a reputation beyond repute Anime-Prince has a reputation beyond repute Anime-Prince's Avatar
    Gil
    Bookworm
    Gifts Favorite A Duck Naruto Headband
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-20-2014 07:21 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Furore View Post
    I think I get ya.
    Offline, talk normally because people generally aren't as sheltered and won't take offense.
    Online, act like you're of a certain social grouping that doesn't talk normally so all the sheltered internet people who avoid the real world like the plague don't get offended.

That's essentially what I'm getting from this. I personally don't use the word 'gay' much at all, but the only time I ever hear someone suggesting they have a problem with it is online or watching footage of weird people on television. The majority of males I've encountered in any career used 'gay' as a synonym for 'stupid' and often the context it's used in can't be applied to a sexual preference. To those who'd suggest colloquial language is a sign of inferior intellect, get over yourselves. If anything it's a regional thing. I've been security for types much more educated than myself who swore or used 'insensitive language' much more than I ever did. It's part of what I love about this country. Well apart from some areas of the bigger cities where people have gotten 'globalised' [a term a friend of mine coined] and lost their accent and colloquial to some extent.
    No, that's not what I mean. I understand what your saying though.

Certain people are sensitive, others aren't.

If you don't have a problem taking other people into consideration than keep doing whatever you do.

If like the OP here, your complaining about people being over sensitive then the best solution is to refrain from saying things that offends them. Or avoid those people. They obviously aren't your friends, otherwise you'd respect them enough to respect their wishes. It's an easy concept, and is the best way to avoid stress or aggravation.

If the OP however, want's an argument, then he should do what he's doing, which is- wonder why people don't see things his way. Which is probably the same thing the group of people he's complaining about, are thinking.

Ironic, no?
    Last edited by Anime-Prince; 09-24-2010 at 02:46 PM.
    Fascinated by the rain, influenced by the wind. Adventure for fun.

Simple Truth CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-04-2010 02:07 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Who knows? Perhaps some people want to be on the top of the food chain driven by one upmanship and are thus paranoid about being outdone in their logic of remaining at the top of the thus pyramid. Or perhaps, some people desire to be where they are with a strict conservative mindset, some people are very, very slow to change. Remember the incarceration of many scientists by the church and what not in the past. Of course not, we were not even born then. Who knows? Well, I myself am putting forth a simple opinion if that counts as one.
    "To do is to be" - Descartes, "To be is to do" - Voltaire, "Do be do be do" - Sinatra.

NOTHING OUT OF THE ORDINARY

Thunderbringer! RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto has a reputation beyond repute RaShayRitto's Avatar
    Gil
    Drunk
    Gifts Cake
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-20-2017 12:40 PM
    Threads

Wouldn't it be grand, though, if people kept using the word "gay" in various ways until they all became numb to it? It would get to a point where you can't even call gay people "gay" because the word would no longer have any relation to them. They would....GASP....just be seamlessly part of society and wouldn't have to care anymore.

but no...no one wants progress =[

same thing with the "n" word...seriously
    Thanks to Wolley for the sexay siggeh! Good work, Wollz!
    On a mountain top
    Bearded RaShay slays demon
    Rocks out on guitar

When I get internet, I'll be back in full force. Srk has a reputation beyond repute Srk has a reputation beyond repute Srk has a reputation beyond repute Srk has a reputation beyond repute Srk has a reputation beyond repute Srk has a reputation beyond repute Srk has a reputation beyond repute Srk has a reputation beyond repute Srk has a reputation beyond repute Srk has a reputation beyond repute Srk has a reputation beyond repute Srk's Avatar
    Gil
    Psychadelic
    Gifts Empty Box Heart Wolf
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-30-2019 07:17 PM
    Threads

Everyone has something they're overly sensitive about. For me, it's not a word. It's an action. People seem to like to take things away from me, either by stealing or an "authoritative figure," a higher-up, says "Hand it over." For example: my laptop, one that I spent god-knows-how-long trying to fix it, tweak it, and make it work right, was manhandled by my father when he took it once. A couple pieces of plastic snapped off it, and now I have to hide it from him. That night, I ended up taking something from him, to show him that I'm not going to be treated like crap and live with nothing. Yeah, it's not a necessity, but it's something I brought to life [twice]. I think I have a right to keep it.

As for the word "gay," if you think someone might be offended by it, don't say it! I have ben known to call something that I thought was stupid "gay," I'll admit it. But I apologized and owned up to it. Most people don't do that..

Sig and avvie set by the wonderfully talented and amazing Bou. <3

Featuring the laptop I always used to complain and talk about in chat.

I may not use it anymore, but I still have it!

Senior Member Saxima has a reputation beyond repute Saxima has a reputation beyond repute Saxima has a reputation beyond repute Saxima has a reputation beyond repute Saxima has a reputation beyond repute Saxima has a reputation beyond repute Saxima has a reputation beyond repute Saxima has a reputation beyond repute Saxima has a reputation beyond repute Saxima has a reputation beyond repute Saxima has a reputation beyond repute Saxima's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-15-2012 01:51 AM
    Most likely some where eating an orange or drinking Dr Pepper.
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I believe that sometimes people like to be sensitive because they like to cause a scene; because they like to be the center of attention. Especially in high school, when the loud students over react to some small happening and they totally blow it up and start making a big, un-needed deal about it.
    you're horribly facinating.

Closed Thread

Thread Information