AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Soul Eater anyone?

Member Diva. is on a distinguished road Diva.'s Avatar
    Gil
    Sick
    Gifts 151 - Mew
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-31-2014 06:58 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Re: Soul Eater anyone?

I forgot to add this to my list of anime to my intro. I saw all of it but not read the manga. I love the characters in it. I have to admit that the animation threw me off quite a bit, it just seemed so halloweenish... kinda like Invader Zim and really the sun and moon freak me out but once I got passed that nothing stopped me from loving it. I didn't see how Medusa was "in love" with Stein. I thought that was something random they added that wasn't necessary. Though I do respect Medusa as one of the best female antagonists I have seen in a while. Very calculated, cold, and just plain evil. The main characters were great... my favorite had to be Black Star. He kept me laughing as well as did Excalibur. ^^ So what is there to say? Perfect antagonist, good characters, good comedy. Indeed worth a watch if anyone hasn't seen it.

Senior Member AshureeChan has a reputation beyond repute AshureeChan has a reputation beyond repute AshureeChan has a reputation beyond repute AshureeChan has a reputation beyond repute AshureeChan has a reputation beyond repute AshureeChan has a reputation beyond repute AshureeChan has a reputation beyond repute AshureeChan has a reputation beyond repute AshureeChan has a reputation beyond repute AshureeChan has a reputation beyond repute AshureeChan has a reputation beyond repute AshureeChan's Avatar
    Gil
    Sassy
    Gifts Systems N64 Hello Kitty Soul Eater Logo
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-05-2017 03:25 PM
    Threads

I do really like Soul Eater though it's not one of my favorite anime ever. I loved the whole Halloween feel with the creepiness and the sun and moon then again as you mentioned it's a lot like the style of Invader Zim which is one of my favorite cartoons. Then again I tend to lean toward really creepy anime/manga/cartoons. I must say Death the Kid was my favorite character. His neurotic tendencies where hilarious and he could kick butt once he got serious. Least favorite character was probably Black Star (sorry haha) I didn't hate him but he was a little too stuck on himself... I'll admit he got pretty cool at the end though! I hated the ending of Soul Eater most which is the reason it's not one of my favorites the end just left me feeling empty like "wait? that's it?" I wanted to learn more about Maka being a Miester (however you spell that) and a weapon. All-in-all it was good fun series despite it's flaws and I really enjoyed it especially those opening themes!

| Twitter | Tumblr | YouTube | MyAnimeList |

"Frustrations will not last forever. Nobody can keep on going without some measure of reward."

Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-18-2024 06:36 PM
    Threads

Saw it this weekend. take what Is aid before about Bleach and Nightmare before Christmas, add in a little Naruto and some Hellsing and you've got this show.

They do end the series, in a "we killed the head bad guy" kind of way, though they left a lot of questions unanswered because the manga series hasn't ended yet. I wouldn't be surprised if they added some more to this show. Most of the lesser bad guys were still alive at the end and Death mentions Kishen-izing or some such and anyone who has seen bleach can guess what's going to happen there. (re: hollowfied).

Still it's a good show and worth watching.
    Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com

when we lose our principles, we invite chaos. Circuitry has a brilliant future Circuitry has a brilliant future Circuitry has a brilliant future Circuitry has a brilliant future Circuitry has a brilliant future Circuitry has a brilliant future Circuitry has a brilliant future Circuitry has a brilliant future Circuitry has a brilliant future Circuitry has a brilliant future Circuitry has a brilliant future Circuitry's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Rainbow Ribbon Decepticons 104 - Cubone
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-04-2020 03:36 PM
    Threads

Soul Eater... Takes me back from when I first came across the manga in 2005. I seldom found anyone who knew of it, but that all changed once the anime released. Regardless though, it is a great series.

// remember the future.

Senior Member SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    1401 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-14-2014 06:26 AM
    Berwald Oxenstiernas (Hetalia) vital regions [Sweden]
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Is anyone in here reading the manga?

Waiting for
    Christmas
    Season four of Sherlock
    The new Hobbit movie
    Season five of Game of Thrones
    New episodes of Downton Abbey

Member minuswell has a reputation beyond repute minuswell has a reputation beyond repute minuswell has a reputation beyond repute minuswell has a reputation beyond repute minuswell has a reputation beyond repute minuswell has a reputation beyond repute minuswell has a reputation beyond repute minuswell has a reputation beyond repute minuswell has a reputation beyond repute minuswell has a reputation beyond repute minuswell has a reputation beyond repute minuswell's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-11-2014 06:57 AM
    Threads

i started watching this until asura was released and death still can't leave the city. wasnt the whole point of death not being able to leave the city was to keep asura sealed?? idk, i tend to lose interests in things if there are loopholes....but maybe i missed something?

Senior Member AnimeIsGoodForYou is on a distinguished road AnimeIsGoodForYou's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Systems Xbox 360 Controller
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-14-2013 01:06 PM
    in front of the laptop with the missing z key
    Threads

i give it an 8.....otherwise Death The Kid would throw a fit over symmetry

8. Likes Kagome liked this post
    Moderator / Chat Admin Cless Alvein has a reputation beyond repute Cless Alvein has a reputation beyond repute Cless Alvein has a reputation beyond repute Cless Alvein has a reputation beyond repute Cless Alvein has a reputation beyond repute Cless Alvein has a reputation beyond repute Cless Alvein has a reputation beyond repute Cless Alvein has a reputation beyond repute Cless Alvein has a reputation beyond repute Cless Alvein has a reputation beyond repute Cless Alvein has a reputation beyond repute Cless Alvein's Avatar
    Gil
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-06-2013 05:06 PM
    Threads

So for those interested, Soul Eater recently started airing on Toonami during Adult Swim on Cartoon Network. When I first saw the commercials for it, I thought it looked fairly stupid. Then I saw a random AMV that used Soul Eater for the footage and made it look pretty cool. Now that I've seen a few episodes, I'm finding it unbearable. I don't like any of the characters, and actively dislike a couple of them. I was actually rooting for Black Star to be dead during the last episode because of how over the top obnoxious he is. So far there doesn't seem to be any discernible plot or story, either. In order for this to be a "great series" it needs to magically get about 1000 times better after the sixth episode. Is this seriously what passes for good anime these days?

Anime Forum's First Generation

Quality Since 1999

how 2 u sociul plz? Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin's Avatar
    Gil
    Brooding
    Gifts Ice Cream Ice Cream Fuuko Starfish
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-22-2017 11:19 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cless Alvein View Post
    So for those interested, Soul Eater recently started airing on Toonami during Adult Swim on Cartoon Network. When I first saw the commercials for it, I thought it looked fairly stupid. Then I saw a random AMV that used Soul Eater for the footage and made it look pretty cool. Now that I've seen a few episodes, I'm finding it unbearable. I don't like any of the characters, and actively dislike a couple of them. I was actually rooting for Black Star to be dead during the last episode because of how over the top obnoxious he is. So far there doesn't seem to be any discernible plot or story, either. In order for this to be a "great series" it needs to magically get about 1000 times better after the sixth episode. Is this seriously what passes for good anime these days?
    Good "mainstream" anime, yes.

I actually enjoyed Soul Eater though

excluding the noob-donkey ending
    but if the first few episodes haven't really given you a good impression, then I'd say try and watch a little further because it stops being quite as random and does develop a plot; I think it's around the point that Crona is shown and introduced that things start to pick up, but it's been so long since I've watched it that I can't remember what episode that's from.

If it's not your cup of tea, then that's that. No point trying to force it upon yourself if you really don't want to.
    : The Game. You just lost it. :

My signature was so old it broke. RIP signature.

Moderator / Chat Admin Cless Alvein has a reputation beyond repute Cless Alvein has a reputation beyond repute Cless Alvein has a reputation beyond repute Cless Alvein has a reputation beyond repute Cless Alvein has a reputation beyond repute Cless Alvein has a reputation beyond repute Cless Alvein has a reputation beyond repute Cless Alvein has a reputation beyond repute Cless Alvein has a reputation beyond repute Cless Alvein has a reputation beyond repute Cless Alvein has a reputation beyond repute Cless Alvein's Avatar
    Gil
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-06-2013 05:06 PM
    Threads

I'll end up watching just because it's between Naruto and Thundercats. Not because I think it deserves it, though. Honestly, what changes when it "picks up"? I've never seen a good anime take so long to do anything interesting.

Anime Forum's First Generation

Quality Since 1999

WOW!!!! Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa has a reputation beyond repute Kumagawa's Avatar
    Gil
    sunshine
    Gifts AK47 American Flag Ribbon Systems N64
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-06-2023 04:18 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: WootenClen

First half of the anime was good the last half was bad. Manga is better but it went full retard in the last few chapters. Also the main bad guy is Kid´s brother (wtf)

Little Green Miko Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome's Avatar
    Gil
    Blah
    Gifts Kawaiislice Aria Neko Pluto Garnet Orb
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-23-2023 10:19 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Kagxme4988 PSN ID: KagomeMiko

Spoikers~
    How'd You Like That On Your Lawn?!
    "I may be empty, but I'm not worthless!"

...Clear...

Member DarkXAnime has a reputation beyond repute DarkXAnime has a reputation beyond repute DarkXAnime has a reputation beyond repute DarkXAnime has a reputation beyond repute DarkXAnime has a reputation beyond repute DarkXAnime has a reputation beyond repute DarkXAnime has a reputation beyond repute DarkXAnime has a reputation beyond repute DarkXAnime has a reputation beyond repute DarkXAnime has a reputation beyond repute DarkXAnime has a reputation beyond repute DarkXAnime's Avatar
    Gil
    Pensive
    Gifts 006 - Charizard
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-18-2014 08:04 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Full Metal SHORTY!!! View Post
    Yes... the ending was a bit weird... I was very confused as to why certain things were happening.

Overall, I give it an 8 The ending was a let down

True. The end was not mush.............let's say interesting. Other then that, Soul Eater is a great anime......best for HALLOWEEN
    There are people in this world that enjoy being alone, but there isn't a single person who can bare solitude.

Member gff135 has a reputation beyond repute gff135 has a reputation beyond repute gff135 has a reputation beyond repute gff135 has a reputation beyond repute gff135 has a reputation beyond repute gff135 has a reputation beyond repute gff135 has a reputation beyond repute gff135 has a reputation beyond repute gff135 has a reputation beyond repute gff135 has a reputation beyond repute gff135 has a reputation beyond repute gff135's Avatar
    Gil
    Devilish
    Gifts Dice Soul Eater Soul
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-03-2013 06:59 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: gff135 PSN ID: gff135

soul is pretty bad donkey but that lil devil pisses me off
    BTID

Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-18-2024 06:36 PM
    Threads

But isn't he part of Soul?
    Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com

Junior Member BleachedwhiteFFA is on a distinguished road BleachedwhiteFFA's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-08-2013 12:19 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TheOBboys PSN ID: gdawg4567

8.5 out of 10 because of the meh ending when death the kid finally awoke his true powers was epic though my fave characters are Death, Death the Kid, Dr.Stein, and Spirit because the combo of Spirit and Stein wazinteresting how well they worked together against medusa.

Senior Member Riamu.Midori has a reputation beyond repute Riamu.Midori has a reputation beyond repute Riamu.Midori has a reputation beyond repute Riamu.Midori has a reputation beyond repute Riamu.Midori has a reputation beyond repute Riamu.Midori has a reputation beyond repute Riamu.Midori has a reputation beyond repute Riamu.Midori has a reputation beyond repute Riamu.Midori has a reputation beyond repute Riamu.Midori has a reputation beyond repute Riamu.Midori has a reputation beyond repute Riamu.Midori's Avatar
    Gil
    Relaxed
    Gifts Ceiling Cat Playing Cards K-on Pick
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-19-2013 02:18 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SHADOWSNIPES56

I will give this series a 8.5/10
    The only thing that lacks is a good story it never seemed to be intresing and I was more into how awesome the characters are and the really funny jokes that are told in the show it's self.

The thing you wished for the most, is something you’ll never get.
    ~Aisaka Taiga

3DS friend code: 3024-5737-8747
    ~Evoke2111~

helianthus Fuu Kasumi has a reputation beyond repute Fuu Kasumi has a reputation beyond repute Fuu Kasumi has a reputation beyond repute Fuu Kasumi has a reputation beyond repute Fuu Kasumi has a reputation beyond repute Fuu Kasumi has a reputation beyond repute Fuu Kasumi has a reputation beyond repute Fuu Kasumi has a reputation beyond repute Fuu Kasumi has a reputation beyond repute Fuu Kasumi has a reputation beyond repute Fuu Kasumi has a reputation beyond repute Fuu Kasumi's Avatar
    Gil
    Yeehaw
    Gifts Venus Crystal Henshin Pen Venus Star Wand Top Artemis
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-06-2020 09:08 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I really enjoyed the anime, it was way more interesting than I thought it would be (and funnier). I just wish it could have been given a better ending.
    And seeing what everyone has said about the manga, apparently I have to go read it ASAP.

My favorite character would have to be Soul Evans.

x

Junior Member KrazyFang has a reputation beyond repute KrazyFang has a reputation beyond repute KrazyFang has a reputation beyond repute KrazyFang has a reputation beyond repute KrazyFang has a reputation beyond repute KrazyFang has a reputation beyond repute KrazyFang has a reputation beyond repute KrazyFang has a reputation beyond repute KrazyFang has a reputation beyond repute KrazyFang has a reputation beyond repute KrazyFang has a reputation beyond repute KrazyFang's Avatar
    Gil
    Brooding
    Gifts Piano
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-30-2013 11:53 PM
    Threads

I'm gonna start watching this on the weekend probably. Picked up a DVD set containing 51 episodes for only $30. Decent! It says 'the complete series' on the box, but is there another season or any OVAs I should know about?

Little Green Miko Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome's Avatar
    Gil
    Blah
    Gifts Kawaiislice Aria Neko Pluto Garnet Orb
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-23-2023 10:19 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Kagxme4988 PSN ID: KagomeMiko

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyFang View Post
    I'm gonna start watching this on the weekend probably. Picked up a DVD set containing 51 episodes for only $30. Decent! It says 'the complete series' on the box, but is there another season or any OVAs I should know about?
    Not to my knowledge. I'm pretty sure the 51 episodes are all there is of SE anime wise.
    How'd You Like That On Your Lawn?!
    "I may be empty, but I'm not worthless!"

...Clear...

Member Ravenclaw Isabella Riddle is on a distinguished road Ravenclaw Isabella Riddle's Avatar
    Sleepy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-15-2013 01:37 AM
    Hijacking the internet in The Room of Requirements
    Threads

I recently discovered this anime and have seen several of the anime episodes...mostly with english subs cause the voices are sooooo much better that way! I give it an 9.3/10 cause I really like but parts seem kind of stupid! *rolls eyes* Great anime anyways!

23. Thanks Kagome thanked for this post
    Likes Kagome liked this post
    Banned Forum / Chat Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy has a reputation beyond repute Sympathy's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts V Guitar Electric Guitar Black Guitar
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-30-2016 08:54 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: gurutar Steam ID: gurutar2015

love me some soul eater. the sub is definitely more enjoyable than the dub, black stars sub voice is just... grating. the va doesnt capture his signature laugh that well either. also (SPOILER ALERRRT) when lord death does battle in the sub, his voice is shmexy and he curses a lot. dub is terrible and cuts the curses out - unforgivable.

if ihad to pick a favorite character, it'd be lord death. he's so quirky and seemingly aloof, but he gets badass when he needs to. "It's time to die again"

Junior Member taichokage is on a distinguished road taichokage's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-01-2013 11:21 AM
    Threads

I watched the anime around 3 years ago but Ono just caught up to the manga less than two weeks ago. Well, what a time to catch up. As for a rting, I'm hovering at 8/10, but depending on the ending which I haven't seen yet, it could make or breathe series for better or worse. Very solid all in all though.

Junior Member Dukebadham is on a distinguished road Dukebadham's Avatar
    Gil
    In Love
    Gifts Decepticons
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-01-2013 11:43 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Krumpanator

I much prefered the manga to the anime, but it was still good

-It's a Giraffe

Member KillKaylaDead is on a distinguished road KillKaylaDead's Avatar
    Gil
    Inspired
    Gifts Katana
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-16-2013 08:22 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: llx Malice xll

The ending of the anime pissed me off. It was so cheesy! Up until that point, I loved the anime! I actually have two friends IRL that remind me of Black Star and Soul. They also happen to be best friends. Lol. Their personalities match the characters PERFECTLY. I adore them both and it makes me love the series that much more.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information