AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What was your favorite season of Sailor Moon? Why?

Member Tuxedomask67 has a reputation beyond repute Tuxedomask67 has a reputation beyond repute Tuxedomask67 has a reputation beyond repute Tuxedomask67 has a reputation beyond repute Tuxedomask67 has a reputation beyond repute Tuxedomask67 has a reputation beyond repute Tuxedomask67 has a reputation beyond repute Tuxedomask67 has a reputation beyond repute Tuxedomask67 has a reputation beyond repute Tuxedomask67 has a reputation beyond repute Tuxedomask67 has a reputation beyond repute Tuxedomask67's Avatar
    Gil
    Inspired
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-09-2010 08:30 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default What was your favorite season of Sailor Moon? Why?

Just as the title asks: what was your favorite season of Sailor Moon? Why was it your favorite?

Favorite: Of the four that I have seen, my favorite was Sailor Moon R. Not having ever seen Stars, I can only pick from the other four.

Why: For one, you got a little bit of a bonus in that R had two story arcs. Admittedly, the first one was very short and filler to allow Takeuchi to catch up, but still, it was a nice bonus.

Secondly, I enjoyed the multilayered antagonists and the glimpse into the future lives of Mamoru and Usagi. I thought that the tension between Mamoru and Usagi was a bit contrived, but otherwise, I thought that R was very thoughtfully written and well executed. The plot was a little more complex and we saw some character development as well, particularly of Usagi. It also helped that I actually liked the villains as villains, something that is not always the case in other anime series that I have seen (Sailor Moon has been very consistent in presenting strong villains, which is one of the things that drew me to the show).

Member Maha Vailo has a reputation beyond repute Maha Vailo has a reputation beyond repute Maha Vailo has a reputation beyond repute Maha Vailo has a reputation beyond repute Maha Vailo has a reputation beyond repute Maha Vailo has a reputation beyond repute Maha Vailo has a reputation beyond repute Maha Vailo has a reputation beyond repute Maha Vailo has a reputation beyond repute Maha Vailo has a reputation beyond repute Maha Vailo has a reputation beyond repute Maha Vailo's Avatar
    Gil
    Busy
    Gifts Heart
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-18-2010 01:25 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Re: What was your favorite season of Sailor Moon? Why?

I'd say the S season was my favorite, since I really like the Outer senshi. My favorite senshi of all is Saturn, since she's a character I could really empathize with. I also liked the relationship that Haruka and Michiru have, and I liked Michiru's elegant demeanor.

The Greekest Letter in the Alphabet. Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    639 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-23-2014 12:56 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Marooroo Steam ID: Maru_Mod_Dashi

Super S. I love the Amazon Quartet, though I always thought it was a shame that they never revealed that they are Sailor Chibi Moon's guardian sailor scouts.

Ive seen Sailor Stars....was weird. Usagi is pretty depressed throughout the season, boys turn into girls, a dozen or so more sailor scouts from other galaxies show up...it wasnt bad...just........weird.

Viva la Touhou !!!!! CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack's Avatar
    Gil
    Bored
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2014 06:14 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: SabotageDaemon

I only got as far as the Super S season, but it was the S season that I liked most. It had them all in there, especially Saturn since she was the main focus of the plot. The first season that started it all with Queen Beryl is a definite close second.

Member Tuxedomask67 has a reputation beyond repute Tuxedomask67 has a reputation beyond repute Tuxedomask67 has a reputation beyond repute Tuxedomask67 has a reputation beyond repute Tuxedomask67 has a reputation beyond repute Tuxedomask67 has a reputation beyond repute Tuxedomask67 has a reputation beyond repute Tuxedomask67 has a reputation beyond repute Tuxedomask67 has a reputation beyond repute Tuxedomask67 has a reputation beyond repute Tuxedomask67 has a reputation beyond repute Tuxedomask67's Avatar
    Gil
    Inspired
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MaruDashi View Post
    Super S. I love the Amazon Quartet, though I always thought it was a shame that they never revealed that they are Sailor Chibi Moon's guardian sailor scouts.
    I did not know that!

Not surprising though, given that the anime never addresses that the Shitennou in the Dark Kingdom arc were Endymion's warriors. In fact, they are never even called the Shitennou in the anime, but are simply four competitive henchmen, two of whom happen to be lovers.

Junior Member maskedrose is on a distinguished road maskedrose's Avatar
    Gil
    Sleepy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-12-2010 11:46 AM
    Threads

I like the first season. The great four are my favorite villains, and I did enjoy the snide exchanges between Usagi and Mamoru.

Oh another note - there really is so much damn stuff that is left out of the anime...

and does anyone else think the ending of Sailor Moon R (the movie) where Sailor Moon uses the crystal is awfully similar to the Queen Metallia battle in Sailor Moon act 9?

Member danparker has a reputation beyond repute danparker has a reputation beyond repute danparker has a reputation beyond repute danparker has a reputation beyond repute danparker has a reputation beyond repute danparker has a reputation beyond repute danparker has a reputation beyond repute danparker has a reputation beyond repute danparker has a reputation beyond repute danparker has a reputation beyond repute danparker has a reputation beyond repute danparker's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-14-2011 09:05 PM
    Threads

In my opinion, my favorite season has to be the second half of Sailor Moon R. Why?

Because it felt like a strong magically season. With Sailor Pluto appearing only in senshi form, revealing the future 30th centurt crystal Tokyo with the four senshi as guardians, Usagi and Mamarou as the queen and king, Chibiusa, and other things, this is one strong season.

The Real Suga' Baby Sailor Chibimoon has a reputation beyond repute Sailor Chibimoon has a reputation beyond repute Sailor Chibimoon has a reputation beyond repute Sailor Chibimoon has a reputation beyond repute Sailor Chibimoon has a reputation beyond repute Sailor Chibimoon has a reputation beyond repute Sailor Chibimoon has a reputation beyond repute Sailor Chibimoon has a reputation beyond repute Sailor Chibimoon has a reputation beyond repute Sailor Chibimoon has a reputation beyond repute Sailor Chibimoon has a reputation beyond repute Sailor Chibimoon's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-17-2014 12:59 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

I liked Sailormoon S and Sailormoon Sailorstars the best. Why? Because I felt that these seasons were very dark and dramatic (especially S).

美しい夢みる人

Senior Member Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Gifts Eternal Moon Article Mercury Star Wand Top Tuxedo Mask Rose
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Threads
    Blog Entries

First (and second, R) seasons. I just loved the simplicity.

Junior Member AyrynnStarr has a reputation beyond repute AyrynnStarr has a reputation beyond repute AyrynnStarr has a reputation beyond repute AyrynnStarr has a reputation beyond repute AyrynnStarr has a reputation beyond repute AyrynnStarr has a reputation beyond repute AyrynnStarr has a reputation beyond repute AyrynnStarr has a reputation beyond repute AyrynnStarr has a reputation beyond repute AyrynnStarr has a reputation beyond repute AyrynnStarr has a reputation beyond repute AyrynnStarr's Avatar
    Gil
    Fine
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-23-2010 01:20 AM
    Threads

Sailor Moon S.

Junior Member Sukii Higure will become famous soon enough Sukii Higure will become famous soon enough Sukii Higure's Avatar
    Gil
    Sleepy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-26-2010 01:52 AM
    ...wouldnt you like to know....(STALKER!)
    Threads

i really loved the Stars season.
    why: i liked how sailor moon lost everybody. she lost mamoru(and them in a way chibiusa), she lost Venus,Mercury,Mars,Jupiter,Saturn,Pluto,Uranus,and Neptune. i also liked how all the senshi deaths were so dramatic.
    then again episode 45 from Sailor Moon Classic was also amazing, then again because people died. i don't know..... i just can't stand a happy ending!
    if im the one writing a story, somebody eather has to die, have somone they love die, or get emotionaly scarred for life.

Gil
    Inspired
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

One of these days, I will have to see Stars. It is the onlyl one that I have not seen. I assume that it is subbed on Youtube, though I have not had time as of late to watch.

---------- Post added at 08:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:22 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by maskedrose View Post
    and does anyone else think the ending of Sailor Moon R (the movie) where Sailor Moon uses the crystal is awfully similar to the Queen Metallia battle in Sailor Moon act 9?
    Yes, the similarities are striking.

Senior Member Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50's Avatar
    Gil
    Inspired
    Gifts Pokedex 025 - Pikachu
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-05-2012 02:07 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

That would have to be Stars hands down. It is the most dynamic and dramatic one in my opinion. Plus it has the best plot too.
    Gero Server Guru

Member Ciel_Phantomhive28 is on a distinguished road Ciel_Phantomhive28's Avatar
    Gil
    Mellow
    Gifts 133 - Eevee 175 - Togepi 151 - Mew
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-03-2011 01:30 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I would have to say R was my favorite of all cause its where Serena actually starts to mature quite a lot and the you discover a lot to.

Credit fot this wonder signature goes to ::SomeOtherCookiez::

Member Sailor Strawberry has a reputation beyond repute Sailor Strawberry has a reputation beyond repute Sailor Strawberry has a reputation beyond repute Sailor Strawberry has a reputation beyond repute Sailor Strawberry has a reputation beyond repute Sailor Strawberry has a reputation beyond repute Sailor Strawberry has a reputation beyond repute Sailor Strawberry has a reputation beyond repute Sailor Strawberry has a reputation beyond repute Sailor Strawberry has a reputation beyond repute Sailor Strawberry has a reputation beyond repute Sailor Strawberry's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-19-2011 04:21 PM
    Strawberryavenue 97; High Heaven first door second floor; behind the bookshelf;
    Threads

It's hard to choose! I'd say I especially like the first season and Sailor Moon R.

Why? Because the focus of the story is still on the inner senshis - and not the outer ones or even the sailor stars.

Member marsbear has a brilliant future marsbear has a brilliant future marsbear has a brilliant future marsbear has a brilliant future marsbear has a brilliant future marsbear has a brilliant future marsbear has a brilliant future marsbear has a brilliant future marsbear has a brilliant future marsbear has a brilliant future marsbear has a brilliant future marsbear's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheerful
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-14-2011 01:05 PM
    Threads

Sailor Moon R and Sailor Stars. I love the drama in both seasons. And I appreciate that Star Fighter has a bigger role in Sailor Stars.
    Last edited by marsbear; 04-14-2011 at 12:52 PM.
    Stuff I'm following right now

Member Malai Chan has a reputation beyond repute Malai Chan has a reputation beyond repute Malai Chan has a reputation beyond repute Malai Chan has a reputation beyond repute Malai Chan has a reputation beyond repute Malai Chan has a reputation beyond repute Malai Chan has a reputation beyond repute Malai Chan has a reputation beyond repute Malai Chan has a reputation beyond repute Malai Chan has a reputation beyond repute Malai Chan has a reputation beyond repute Malai Chan's Avatar
    Gil
    Devilish
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-23-2011 08:05 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I loved all the Sailor Moon seasons especially Super S because of Amazon Quartet.

Member zekes is on a distinguished road zekes's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-04-2011 10:06 PM
    Threads

Sailor Moon Stars Season 5 because there's this episode that I really really like. It's when Usagi meets Mamoru at the airport to see him off to study in America and tells him that she will be waiting for him and will write him every day.

Junior Member joshuwa.cifer is an unknown quantity at this point joshuwa.cifer's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-09-2011 11:58 PM
    Threads

Sailor Stars! Character development is in-depth and spot on and the villains have just as much heart as our favorite characters. Sailor Moon Romance (Returns, Rebirth...) has just as much story and that intriguing cast of new "moon members", but I absolutely adore the way the Star Lights are characterized. They not only provide a refreshing, mature foil to our favorite heroes, but also creates new depth to our favorite personalities, including a new facet to Usagi and Mamoru's romance!

Senior Member Vanilla Tsundere has a reputation beyond repute Vanilla Tsundere has a reputation beyond repute Vanilla Tsundere has a reputation beyond repute Vanilla Tsundere has a reputation beyond repute Vanilla Tsundere has a reputation beyond repute Vanilla Tsundere has a reputation beyond repute Vanilla Tsundere has a reputation beyond repute Vanilla Tsundere has a reputation beyond repute Vanilla Tsundere has a reputation beyond repute Vanilla Tsundere has a reputation beyond repute Vanilla Tsundere has a reputation beyond repute Vanilla Tsundere's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Red Ribbon Eva NERV Red Dango
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-10-2011 11:35 PM
    In multiple realities, serving the same purpose.
    Threads

Gosh, I had no idea how hard this question would be. I gotta say Super S. I loved Sailor Stars, but the fact it meant the series was close to ending made it a bit sad. I cried on the last episode.

Junior Member Dreamsky is on a distinguished road Dreamsky's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-14-2011 05:03 PM
    Threads

I like the 1st season of sailor moon because it shows the scouts coming together and all of there personalities : )

Member Katie Dawn is on a distinguished road Katie Dawn's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-05-2011 12:22 PM
    Threads

I really liked Sailor Moon S, because it's when Rini and the Outer Sailor Scouts first appear.

However, if the question was "Favorite Episode?", my favorite episode is in the first season. It's the one where Serena and Darien find out each other's secrets. So cute! <3

Junior Member Mitsuki Koyama is on a distinguished road Mitsuki Koyama's Avatar
    Gil
    Sleepy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-10-2011 10:21 AM
    Threads

I would have to say the first one. In a way by story line i would have to say R. I love the voices in Sailor Moon. I love all the voices in R except Rini's. In S I HATE Serena's voice but love Rini's voice. In Super S once again I HATE Serena's voice. so it's very complicated.

Senior Member Kittyinpink has a reputation beyond repute Kittyinpink has a reputation beyond repute Kittyinpink has a reputation beyond repute Kittyinpink has a reputation beyond repute Kittyinpink has a reputation beyond repute Kittyinpink has a reputation beyond repute Kittyinpink has a reputation beyond repute Kittyinpink has a reputation beyond repute Kittyinpink has a reputation beyond repute Kittyinpink has a reputation beyond repute Kittyinpink has a reputation beyond repute Kittyinpink's Avatar
    Gil
    Sleepy
    Gifts Artemis Manekineko Black Cat
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-21-2011 02:02 PM
    Threads

i liked Sailor moon S and super S. but all the seasons are good really lol

Junior Member luv4usagi has a reputation beyond repute luv4usagi has a reputation beyond repute luv4usagi has a reputation beyond repute luv4usagi has a reputation beyond repute luv4usagi has a reputation beyond repute luv4usagi has a reputation beyond repute luv4usagi has a reputation beyond repute luv4usagi has a reputation beyond repute luv4usagi has a reputation beyond repute luv4usagi has a reputation beyond repute luv4usagi has a reputation beyond repute luv4usagi's Avatar
    Gil
    Sassy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-17-2011 04:08 AM
    Threads

My favorite season is the 5th. I love Seiya and the others! It has a great plot and it was funny and overall great! I didn't think it was a depressing season at all. Yea, usagi got depressed SOMETIMES but overall she was her normal awesome self! Love Love Love it <3

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information