AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: some drawings

Junior Member youko_kurama is on a distinguished road youko_kurama's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-07-2010 05:28 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default some drawings

i know i still have a lot to learn so any advices will be welcome

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

this is my first attempt to draw a portrait and since i'm a huge fan of cradle of filth i tried to draw dani filth

Senior Member polaris 北極星 has a reputation beyond repute polaris 北極星 has a reputation beyond repute polaris 北極星 has a reputation beyond repute polaris 北極星 has a reputation beyond repute polaris 北極星 has a reputation beyond repute polaris 北極星 has a reputation beyond repute polaris 北極星 has a reputation beyond repute polaris 北極星 has a reputation beyond repute polaris 北極星 has a reputation beyond repute polaris 北極星 has a reputation beyond repute polaris 北極星 has a reputation beyond repute polaris 北極星's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-10-2010 05:58 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Re: some drawings

the lines and shading are bold and defined (this means you are a confident drawer) however, some of the proportions are a little off...

1. 1st pic... the eyes look a little funny. the eye closest should be a bit bigger than the farther one (in this pic they should be pretty much the same size)the elbow of the arm in view should be right about the bottom of the page. keep in mind that normally the elbow falls about even with the bottom of the ribcage, or in this case (since her shoulders are kinda "shrugging") around where the bottom of the breast would be. remember that the lower part of her arm (radius and ulna) is about equal in length to the top part (humerus) so keep that in mind when placing the hands. you had the right idea in the shape of the fingers but it seems you put some extra length to the metacarpus (between the knuckles and wrist. remember the hand, from the bottom of the palm to the tip of the middle finger is about the same size of the face (from chin to top of forehead/hairline) some manga artists exagerate the length of the arms and legs and hands (like one piece) but it is usually hard to do and make it look right. the shading looks pretty good on the hair and clothes(most people have trouble with wrinkles and shadows on clothes)

2. vash the stampede... first thing i noticed was the shape of the face isnt symmetrical. one side of the jaw looks different than the other. this is ok sometimes when you are looking at the face from an angle, but this pic is pretty much straight on. remember, the body is symmetrical in every way. so anything on one side of the body should be a mirror image of the other (with a few exceptions, but not many) and also, the head is too small for the body. sometimes heads are drawn small to accentuate strength, but not so much in vash's case.

3. orochimaru... my personal favorite of the 3 pics. i noticed on this one, the arm is a bit too long. its not as bad as the first pic, but its too long none the less. and the leg thats closest has a strange shape to it. and the feet are definately way too small. the foot is usually the same length as the distance between the wrist and inside part of where the arm bends (opposite side of the elbow) sometimes women's feet dont follow this rule, but its not typical. and the foot closest to the snake's head is way too small. and the leg has a strange bend somewhere below the knee that makes it look broken. other than that it not too bad. im a big naruto fan so this makes me feel all warm and fuzzy

4. cradle of filth guy... not bad for a portrait. the eyes are a little too close (the space between the eyes should be as wide as the eye itself it) and the jawline has a strange shape especially on the right side. the whole face is a bit too wide, especially if you compare it to dani filth's picture (yes i looked and compared) overall its not bad for a portrait. the expression on dani's face looks good (kinda like hes growling)

i hope this helps. you do have a few things to work on,but overall you got some skills. get yourself an anatomy book and study the human body a bit (it will help i promise) and you should tighten up your style no problem. great work youko (not bad for a 5 tailed fox demon)
    in my head theres a greyhound station, where i send my thoughts to far off destinations.... so they may have a chance of finding a place, thats far more suited than here (ben gibbard)

www.soundcloud.com/theparadox
    www.myspace.com/polaristheparadox
    www.bombeatzmusic.com
    www.jamvana.com

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information