AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: What is Love?

Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Gifts Penguin Movie Ticket Gabumon
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-13-2024 02:28 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Re: What is Love?

Happy?

Member <@BeYond_tHe_GraVe@> has a reputation beyond repute <@BeYond_tHe_GraVe@> has a reputation beyond repute <@BeYond_tHe_GraVe@> has a reputation beyond repute <@BeYond_tHe_GraVe@> has a reputation beyond repute <@BeYond_tHe_GraVe@> has a reputation beyond repute <@BeYond_tHe_GraVe@> has a reputation beyond repute <@BeYond_tHe_GraVe@> has a reputation beyond repute <@BeYond_tHe_GraVe@> has a reputation beyond repute <@BeYond_tHe_GraVe@> has a reputation beyond repute <@BeYond_tHe_GraVe@> has a reputation beyond repute <@BeYond_tHe_GraVe@> has a reputation beyond repute <@BeYond_tHe_GraVe@>'s Avatar
    Gil
    Twisted
    Gifts Dart Hattori Hanzo Steel Systems NES
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-06-2011 10:32 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by YokoKuwabara View Post
    I think I'm too selfish of a person to feel that way :P And I don't look at love being a divine power. Do you also bvelieve in soul mates and that kinda stuff too?
    Yea actually I do. Found mine. A blessing it is. You see, I believe love holds he power it does especially in the case of soul mates becuase I feel that love can transcend through time and space, meaning one can die and that love still has the power to reach the other. Love does not just dissappear like steam. That is why I do not believe in til death do us part. That is a selfish human idiom created when marraige was taken from the sacred bonds that it used to be and formed into an institution used for the betterment of society (not saying there is anything wrong with improving society). But yea I do believe in it to my very bones...*pokes Lady*Kikyo* hey soulmate!

---------- Post added at 11:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:33 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ericgamer1 View Post
    "love" is actually romanticismwiki that is based on the useless biological urges that get in the way of higher thought.

It's important not to confuse romanticism with reality.
    True...it is important not to lose sight of reality. I dont mean to say love leads you to a mindless zombified state and only your "love" has power to control you, only that love can cause a person to redefine everything and what was never important now becomes their whole world. Yet life must go on and people must live. That is why love must be maintained. It is not magic as I said before and just doesn't happen all by itself. Yet on the contrary it is not a choice. It chooses you. But you must still live life like a normal human being.

Senior Member *Lady_Kikyo* has a reputation beyond repute *Lady_Kikyo* has a reputation beyond repute *Lady_Kikyo* has a reputation beyond repute *Lady_Kikyo* has a reputation beyond repute *Lady_Kikyo* has a reputation beyond repute *Lady_Kikyo* has a reputation beyond repute *Lady_Kikyo* has a reputation beyond repute *Lady_Kikyo* has a reputation beyond repute *Lady_Kikyo* has a reputation beyond repute *Lady_Kikyo* has a reputation beyond repute *Lady_Kikyo* has a reputation beyond repute *Lady_Kikyo*'s Avatar
    Gil
    Disapprove
    Gifts Tuxedo Mask Rose 133 - Eevee Gir
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-01-2018 12:48 AM
    Threads

Im in complete agreement with you Serahpim. I hope that one day you do get to experience true love YokoKuwabara. Everything that was just said will actually make sence, you said before that you think youre too selfish to think that way. You say that only because you havnt felt love. Maybe you will experience it, maybe you wont.

Senior Member brolyx74 has a reputation beyond repute brolyx74 has a reputation beyond repute brolyx74 has a reputation beyond repute brolyx74 has a reputation beyond repute brolyx74 has a reputation beyond repute brolyx74 has a reputation beyond repute brolyx74 has a reputation beyond repute brolyx74 has a reputation beyond repute brolyx74 has a reputation beyond repute brolyx74 has a reputation beyond repute brolyx74 has a reputation beyond repute brolyx74's Avatar
    Gil
    Confused
    Gifts Cds Ice Cream
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-11-2012 08:00 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I put my money on won't. Anyway, I just don't really see soulmates as a realistic thought. Soul mates would require some form of destiny to be in place, and I also don't believe in destiny. I just think $#!t happens and there is no reason for it.

Member <@BeYond_tHe_GraVe@> has a reputation beyond repute <@BeYond_tHe_GraVe@> has a reputation beyond repute <@BeYond_tHe_GraVe@> has a reputation beyond repute <@BeYond_tHe_GraVe@> has a reputation beyond repute <@BeYond_tHe_GraVe@> has a reputation beyond repute <@BeYond_tHe_GraVe@> has a reputation beyond repute <@BeYond_tHe_GraVe@> has a reputation beyond repute <@BeYond_tHe_GraVe@> has a reputation beyond repute <@BeYond_tHe_GraVe@> has a reputation beyond repute <@BeYond_tHe_GraVe@> has a reputation beyond repute <@BeYond_tHe_GraVe@> has a reputation beyond repute <@BeYond_tHe_GraVe@>'s Avatar
    Gil
    Twisted
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Lady*Kikyo View Post
    Im in complete agreement with you Serahpim. I hope that one day you do get to experience true love YokoKuwabara. Everything that was just said will actually make sence, you said before that you think youre too selfish to think that way. You say that only because you havnt felt love. Maybe you will experience it, maybe you wont.
    Yes, I hope the same for you YK. It is truly a wonderful thing and in my opinion one cannot be whole without love. Humans aren't meant to be alone. Yet you will understand it all when that time comes. happy hunting

---------- Post added at 11:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:48 AM ----------

I put my money on won't. Anyway, I just don't really see soulmates as a realistic thought. Soul mates would require some form of destiny to be in place, and I also don't believe in destiny. I just think $#!t happens and there is no reason for it.
    That's a good point. That would require destiny. Yet alas, I too believe in destiny. I have experienced too much not too. When you see your life leading you a certain wait and there is no explaination for it and then ten years down the road you look back and put all the puzzle pieces together and see how it all works together for a reason...just my opinion though from my own life experiences

Awaken Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1's Avatar
    Gil
    Fine
    Gifts Mario 1-Up Mushroom Aria Neko Mario Piranha Plant
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-16-2022 04:19 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphim_di_Elysium View Post
    Yet life must go on and people must live. That is why love must be maintained.
    care to elaborate, so I could have a better understanding of what you mean by this?

Yet on the contrary it is not a choice. It chooses you.
    How is it not a choice? I can choose not to love if I want to.

But you must still live life like a normal human being.
    You're implying that it's somehow abnormal not to love?
    The Brighter the Light the Darker the Shadow

Senior Member brolyx74 has a reputation beyond repute brolyx74 has a reputation beyond repute brolyx74 has a reputation beyond repute brolyx74 has a reputation beyond repute brolyx74 has a reputation beyond repute brolyx74 has a reputation beyond repute brolyx74 has a reputation beyond repute brolyx74 has a reputation beyond repute brolyx74 has a reputation beyond repute brolyx74 has a reputation beyond repute brolyx74 has a reputation beyond repute brolyx74's Avatar
    Gil
    Confused
    Gifts Cds Ice Cream
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I guess I'm just really apethetic when it come to romance and emotions like that. hey Seraphim. Would you be offended if I said you reminded me of Itsuki Koizumi?

Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

There's no such thing as destiny or soul mate. You choose your own destiny, it's not given to you and "soul mate" thing is just a thing couples used to make their "stronger". I swear I used the "You're my soulmate" line quite a few times with different girls and I ended up breaking up with them/getting dumped.

Senior Member Ellxeeva has a reputation beyond repute Ellxeeva has a reputation beyond repute Ellxeeva has a reputation beyond repute Ellxeeva has a reputation beyond repute Ellxeeva has a reputation beyond repute Ellxeeva has a reputation beyond repute Ellxeeva has a reputation beyond repute Ellxeeva has a reputation beyond repute Ellxeeva has a reputation beyond repute Ellxeeva has a reputation beyond repute Ellxeeva has a reputation beyond repute Ellxeeva's Avatar
    Gil
    Flirty
    Gifts Luna Cheshire Cat Bonsai Tree
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-02-2015 03:49 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: ellxeeva

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou Kid View Post
    There's no such thing as destiny or soul mate. You choose your own destiny, it's not given to you and "soul mate" thing is just a thing couples used to make their "stronger". I swear I used the "You're my soulmate" line quite a few times with different girls and I ended up breaking up with them/getting dumped.
    Yeah!

Live Fast. Die Young. Be Wild. Have fun.
    -LDR

Gil
    Twisted
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I guess I'm just really apethetic when it come to romance and emotions like that. hey Seraphim. Would you be offended if I said you reminded me of Itsuki Koizumi?
    Can't say yes or no if I would be offended. Never seen that series so I couldn't say. It ok though, just my opinions. Only reason I would get offended by something like that is if i was ashamed of it. Not the case. Pride in belief. Makes all the difference.

---------- Post added at 12:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:17 PM ----------

care to elaborate, so I could have a better understanding of what you mean by this?
    How is it not a choice? I can choose not to love if I want to.

You're implying that it's somehow abnormal not to love?
    Good points. Lets see, I say love must be maintained because we still must hold grips with reality and not allow ourselves to become
    delusional and lose grips with reality. People still have their lives to live. Someone should not get so caught up in a thing like love that they allow themselves to lose focus on the day to day things. Love requires maintenance because even though it is something greater than you and I, people grow, learn and change. So their love must also do this. If your love does not grow with you, you set yourself up for disappointment because in your mind your expectations are not coherent with reality as your life goes on. True love is not a choice, if you truly love someone, can you walk away? No. Why is that? Now you can fool yourself and tell yourself that you dont love someone or you do but those feelings will only be that, something YOU created from your own will. And love is so much more than that. And it is abnormal not to love. Like I said humans are not designed to be alone. Humans are compelled to seek out companionship. But by that I just meant that people should be wise enough to ensure that their day to day life is not clouded by how thier love makes them feel. Sound decisions should still be made concerning your day to day conduct. No mindless zombies, you know?

Awaken Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1's Avatar
    Gil
    Fine
    Gifts Mario 1-Up Mushroom Aria Neko Mario Piranha Plant
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-16-2022 04:19 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Good points. Lets see, I say love must be maintained because we still must hold grips with reality and not allow ourselves to become
    delusional and lose grips with reality.
    I find myself to be in good touch with reality though, despite never loving.

People still have their lives to live. Someone should not get so caught up in a thing like love that they allow themselves to lose focus on the day to day things. Love requires maintenance because even though it is something greater than you and I, people grow, learn and change. So their love must also do this. If your love does not grow with you, you set yourself up for disappointment because in your mind your expectations are not coherent with reality as your life goes on.
    ?

It is a biological mechanism designed to force us to want to reproduce. A product of evolution; but it's not entirely un-supersede-able. Like I've said before, technology should become available in coming decades to fix this problem.

True love is not a choice, if you truly love someone, can you walk away? No.
    o_O

Why is that? Now you can fool yourself and tell yourself that you dont love someone or you do but those feelings will only be that, something YOU created from your own will.
    I'm not sure where you're going with this. If you've made your internal reality to be one thing, then it is exactly that thing and nothing more.

And love is so much more than that. And it is abnormal not to love. Like I said humans are not designed to be alone. Humans are compelled to seek out companionship.
    This is an appeal to naturewiki, and it is a fallacy.

But by that I just meant that people should be wise enough to ensure that their day to day life is not clouded by how thier love makes them feel. Sound decisions should still be made concerning your day to day conduct. No mindless zombies, you know?
    This is actually agreeing somewhat in what my original point was that we shouldn't allow ourselves to be controlled by biological instincts.
    Last edited by Skylar1; 09-04-2010 at 02:05 PM.
    The Brighter the Light the Darker the Shadow

Gil
    Twisted
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I find myself to be in good touch with reality though, despite never loving.

?

It is a biological mechanism designed to force us to want to reproduce. A product of evolution; but it's not entirely un-supersede-able. Like I've said before, technology should become available in coming decades to fix this problem.

o_O

I'm not sure where you're going with this. If you've made your internal reality to be one thing, then it is exactly that thing and nothing more.

This is an appeal to naturewiki, and it is a fallacy.

This is actually agreeing somewhat in what my original point was that we shouldn't allow ourselves to be controlled by biological instincts.
    I was never referring to companionship as a mate...people have to drive to be around other people not just mates. The drive to procreate is an obvious basic law of survival. But you don't want to nail your someone you do not have a chemical attraction to, do you? Chemical attraction is what action drives the mechanism, specific bodily chemicals acting and reacting for the desired state. But that doesn't explain why people need friends. If you believe an internal reality as you put it then you only have placed yourself in a reality that is only true as long as your own rules apply. What happens when something out of your control rips your reality apart? Is it not reality anymore? No, because it was never a true reality, you were only trying to play god by convincing yourself that what you created was real. And if I somewhat agreed then I probably wasnt arguing a point only adding to it.

The Savage. -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL-'s Avatar
    Gil
    Hungover
    Gifts Present Beer
    Mentioned
    261 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-25-2012 04:28 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

love is very important and it is more important that beer which makes it the most important thing of all.

Nanobyte's minion SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD's Avatar
    Gil
    Sleepy
    Gifts Luna Cake Lie Soras Keyblade
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-20-2017 06:47 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 1596-5790-7816-3407

When you fall in love, you will come up with your own definition for it.

Love is one of those vague terms which everyone has different interpretations, so you can't really ask what love is cause you're going to get all sorts of answers.
    Last edited by SigmaSD; 09-04-2010 at 07:21 PM. Reason: Never question Sigma

Senior Member polaris 北極星 has a reputation beyond repute polaris 北極星 has a reputation beyond repute polaris 北極星 has a reputation beyond repute polaris 北極星 has a reputation beyond repute polaris 北極星 has a reputation beyond repute polaris 北極星 has a reputation beyond repute polaris 北極星 has a reputation beyond repute polaris 北極星 has a reputation beyond repute polaris 北極星 has a reputation beyond repute polaris 北極星 has a reputation beyond repute polaris 北極星 has a reputation beyond repute polaris 北極星's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-10-2010 05:58 PM
    Threads

love is the willingness to put someone else's best interests before your own. love is also the most powerful form of emotional energy. love is painful, just as any form of sacrafice is. most people (especially younger people) have absolutely no idea what love is. in order to experience love in it's purest form, one must lay down selfishness...unfortunately in the world we live in today, one's sense of love is obscured by selfishness. some people are willing to love others, just as long as it doesnt interfere with their own best interests. selfishness is the "human problem" in my opinion. all other evils stand in the shadow of selfishness... its a sad world we live in
    in my head theres a greyhound station, where i send my thoughts to far off destinations.... so they may have a chance of finding a place, thats far more suited than here (ben gibbard)

www.soundcloud.com/theparadox
    www.myspace.com/polaristheparadox
    www.bombeatzmusic.com
    www.jamvana.com

Gil
    Confused
    Gifts Cds Ice Cream
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I see nothin wrong with being selfish. It is human nature to want the best for yourself. Everybody is atleast a little bit selfish. Like how there is no such thing as a selfless good deed.

Senior Member Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Threads
    Blog Entries

A battlefield. Where young people stand.

And nothing having to do with fabio.

Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Moonlight View Post
    A battlefield. Where young people stand.

And nothing having to do with fabio.

Nanobyte's minion SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD's Avatar
    Gil
    Sleepy
    Gifts Luna Cake Lie Soras Keyblade
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-20-2017 06:47 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 1596-5790-7816-3407

Quote Originally Posted by miss moonlight View Post

and nothing having to do with fabio.
    lies!!!

Senior Member Capitán has a reputation beyond repute Capitán has a reputation beyond repute Capitán has a reputation beyond repute Capitán has a reputation beyond repute Capitán has a reputation beyond repute Capitán has a reputation beyond repute Capitán has a reputation beyond repute Capitán has a reputation beyond repute Capitán has a reputation beyond repute Capitán has a reputation beyond repute Capitán has a reputation beyond repute Capitán's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts 025 - Pikachu Ceiling Cat Albatross
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-19-2014 02:52 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Romanticism and Reality perfectly merged together.

Like that one crazy dude married to a video game character.

Senior Member Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Xmas Tree Aquarius Cancer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-10-2011 01:25 PM
    The Netherword of the Collective Unconscious
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: shibbidydoowop

Damnit kids, there is an entire series of naked married children that describes the answer to this question in great detail.

I see nothin wrong with being selfish. It is human nature to want the best for yourself. Everybody is atleast a little bit selfish. Like how there is no such thing as a selfless good deed.
    That mindset is stupid. Feeling good because you made someone else happy does not mean you're being selfish because you're content with someone else's happiness, and that argument is only really used by people who use moral objectivism to justify themselves being a jerk to other people.

Whether or not you value personal wealth over emotional fulfillment is none of my business or concern, but don't attempt to rationalize it by saying "EVEN WHEN YOU'RE HELPING OTHER PEOPLE YOU'RE ONLY HELPING YOURSELF AND THAT'S JUST AS BAD AS ME HELPING MYSELF BY NOT HELPING OTHERS HURR DURR"
    Last edited by Sanosuke23; 09-04-2010 at 09:34 PM.
    Visit the Toy Dungeon Studios Store and buy a shirt or zipper pull, damnit!

LUCKY DUCK Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus's Avatar
    Gil
    Gay
    Gifts Xmas Tree Favorite Heart
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-05-2010 10:49 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 2405-1826-7239-5951

This is all I have to say.

Click image for larger version

Name:	mai luv.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	29.3 KB
ID:	31750

Back, by popular demand! Now with new avy.

Gil
    Confused
    Gifts Cds Ice Cream
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sanosuke23 View Post

That mindset is stupid. Feeling good because you made someone else happy does not mean you're being selfish because you're content with someone else's happiness, and that argument is only really used by people who use moral objectivism to justify themselves being a jerk to other people.

Whether or not you value personal wealth over emotional fulfillment is none of my business or concern, but don't attempt to rationalize it by saying "EVEN WHEN YOU'RE HELPING OTHER PEOPLE YOU'RE ONLY HELPING YOURSELF AND THAT'S JUST AS BAD AS ME HELPING MYSELF BY NOT HELPING OTHERS HURR DURR"
    I'm not saying go out and be a jerk. What I'm saying is that selfishness is a part of life that can't be avoided. No sane person would go out of there way to help somebody who they don't know or like and do something that you wouldn't want to do. Most people help others because there is usually no drawbacks and it feels good to do good things. But if there was the probability of something bad happening to you by helping and you don't like the person anyway, then I really don't see you helping that person anytime soon. That is what I mean by there is no completely selfless good deed. I don't mean don't do good deeds. Again, my point wasn't to try to justify being a jerk, it was to show that shelfishness is a part of life that has always been around so people saying true love, if there is such a thing, can't exist because of selfishness are stupid. Well, not the people, but that view is. and to you last thing, I wasn't saying that your only helping yourself by helping others, but just because your helping others doesn't mean its a selfless good deed. If you got Don't help people out of my comment, then i have some bad news for you.

Senior Member Azul has a reputation beyond repute Azul has a reputation beyond repute Azul has a reputation beyond repute Azul has a reputation beyond repute Azul has a reputation beyond repute Azul has a reputation beyond repute Azul has a reputation beyond repute Azul has a reputation beyond repute Azul has a reputation beyond repute Azul has a reputation beyond repute Azul has a reputation beyond repute Azul's Avatar
    Gil
    Happy
    Gifts Aria Neko Fuuko Starfish Four Leaf Clover
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-14-2011 07:39 PM
    Threads

It is understandable to think that way...to risk your life for the sake of another is not a normal human response however like I said, true love is something divine and can give you the strength of will to be willing to sacrifice EVERYTHING for their sake. The "me" becomes irrelivant and could be just as insignificant as the whether there is one grain of sand on the ground or a million. Completely irrelivant. In love, you must learn to live for the other. Your own needs do not matter. For if you are truly in love and that person returns that love on the same level, your needs will be met regardless. Your own emotional safety is kept in check by the fact that you place everything in their hands and trust them with it all. They could make or break you in an instant. Love is giving them that choice and not being afraid of the fact that they could. Love is power. Divine power and trusting in that power.
    you took the words right out of my mouth. i think i'm with you.
    The fool sees the bend but doesn't look beyond it.

Senior Member Furore has a reputation beyond repute Furore has a reputation beyond repute Furore has a reputation beyond repute Furore has a reputation beyond repute Furore has a reputation beyond repute Furore has a reputation beyond repute Furore has a reputation beyond repute Furore has a reputation beyond repute Furore has a reputation beyond repute Furore has a reputation beyond repute Furore has a reputation beyond repute Furore's Avatar
    Gil
    Relaxed
    Gifts Ferrari Soccer Ball Favorite
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-17-2012 10:37 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I always saw love as being that 'great affection' you have for those things you care most about (in a positive way).
    I love relatives, some friends, some gals, being lazy, eating good food etc.
    The only other thing is that sometimes you love certain things in different ways (and occasionally something in multiple ways), but either way you have a great affection for it.
    The type of love I think the OP was wondering about is when you meet that great life partner who you're physically attracted to (one way to love something) AND you also like the person themself - personality and all that (another way to love something). If you can ever manage to find such a person it'd probably feel pretty damn good if they reciprocated.
    victoria aut mors

Closed Thread

Thread Information