AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: What is Love?

boopaloop! None of the above has a reputation beyond repute None of the above has a reputation beyond repute None of the above has a reputation beyond repute None of the above has a reputation beyond repute None of the above has a reputation beyond repute None of the above has a reputation beyond repute None of the above has a reputation beyond repute None of the above has a reputation beyond repute None of the above has a reputation beyond repute None of the above has a reputation beyond repute None of the above has a reputation beyond repute None of the above's Avatar
    Gil
    Stressed
    Gifts Xmas Tree Lamborghini Grapes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-01-2011 03:21 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Re: What is Love?

Quote Originally Posted by Ericgamer1 View Post
    Well.. I was referring specifically to the biological drive to procreate is what technology should be able to fix; not in general to the 'all encompassing' word "love". (if you noticed, that's why I put "love" in quotation marks in my first post).
    Just why would you want to "FIX" that? No one has yet found a technological way to "fix" the other pure biological instincts (food/liquid intake, for example). A "technological" way of "fixing" these "drives" would have in my humble opinion also catastrophic consequences in the human perception of the world and its need for sustainable solutions in water, food & other resources production and distribution.

You run into the risk of turning into a solution-driven technology dependent kind of human robot.
    Last edited by None of the above; 09-06-2010 at 01:40 PM.

Awaken Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1's Avatar
    Gil
    Fine
    Gifts Mario 1-Up Mushroom Aria Neko Mario Piranha Plant
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-16-2022 04:19 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkatex View Post
    Just why would you want to "FIX" that? No one has yet found a technological way to "fix" the other pure biological instincts (food/liquid intake, for example).
    It would be just one less thing to get in the way of higher thought so that I could focus my attention on more important matters, such as pursuing scientific interests
    The Brighter the Light the Darker the Shadow

boopaloop! None of the above has a reputation beyond repute None of the above has a reputation beyond repute None of the above has a reputation beyond repute None of the above has a reputation beyond repute None of the above has a reputation beyond repute None of the above has a reputation beyond repute None of the above has a reputation beyond repute None of the above has a reputation beyond repute None of the above has a reputation beyond repute None of the above has a reputation beyond repute None of the above has a reputation beyond repute None of the above's Avatar
    Gil
    Stressed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

It would be just one less thing to get in the way of higher thought so that I could focus my attention on more important matters, such as pursuing scientific interests
    Welcome to the ivory tower. Hope you enjoy your stay there.

Awaken Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1's Avatar
    Gil
    Fine
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Welcome to the ivory tower. Hope you enjoy your stay there.
    I don't really understand your point.

My goals benefit the whole of society; minimizing distractions will only amplify that effect. Where is the harm in that?

Gil
    Stressed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I don't really understand your point.

My goals benefit the whole of society; minimizing distractions will only amplify that effect. Where is the harm in that?
    Well - what would you prefer- castration? or still rather the regular ways of contraception?

Gil
    Fine
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Well - what would you prefer- castration? or still rather the regular ways of contraception?
    Oh. Hm, you probably don't know what I mean then.

Technology should progress to a point where we can create an alternative form of reproduction that doesn't involve the human body. Once that's done, there shouldn't be a need to have those biological drives since.. well, we won't need them any more. In the Biological->technological transition of evolution, we'll most likely omit the part that controls reproductive urge since it won't be necessary.

Gil
    Stressed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Oh. Hm, you probably don't know what I mean then.

Technology should progress to a point where we can create an alternative form of reproduction that doesn't involve the human body. Once that's done, there shouldn't be a need to have those biological drives since.. well, we won't need them any more. In the Biological->technological transition of evolution, we'll most likely omit the part that controls reproductive urge since it won't be necessary.
    As I said - a world of robots ;].
    I invite you to be Robot no . 1.
    Send us in a report in 50 years about the success of your mission, Recruit!

Gil
    Fine
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

As I said - a world of robots ;].
    I invite you to be Robot no . 1.
    Send us in a report in 50 years about the success of your mission, Recruit!
    I find "robot" to be a bit crass and incorrect.

Humans ultimately are to rise above and evolve beyond biology into a higher state of life it's self! A perfect merge of both life and technology that will be more beautiful and amazing than anything anyone could have ever imagined before.
    Last edited by Skylar1; 09-06-2010 at 02:23 PM.

The warrior of time aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Gifts Bear Bleach Zangetsu Katana
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2015 10:29 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: aether370

Quote Originally Posted by YokoKuwabara View Post
    Aether. You say you couldn't take another rejection, but you've only had two. That's not good. I've had 2 rejections, and neither of them ever upset me. You let anger rule your life. Have you ever thought to try living like this? When you're angry, stob being angry, and be awesome instead.
    My anger is quite hard to control when I start so I have to let it out from time to time and that usually means being in a grumpy mood or something of the like

The Savage. -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL-'s Avatar
    Gil
    Hungover
    Gifts Present Beer
    Mentioned
    261 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-25-2012 04:28 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

love is when you would die for someone but don't know why.

Gil
    Stressed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Humans ultimately are to rise above and evolve beyond biology into a higher state of life it's self! A perfect merge of both life and technology that will be more beautiful and amazing than anything anyone could have ever imagined before.
    I would disagree. Your mistake is to see the most basic needs under an aura of despicableness and as "animalistic" characteristics.
    Under the scenario of creating "technologic ways" of procreation, I wonder what would be the incentive to set any kind of offspring into the world, since such decisions are voluntary and not imposable through governments or groups.

There used to be a time, when I thought the same way as you do now, but I have learned that in the most basic form, this is wrong (for myself). In the scientific scenario humans are always interchangeable, barely anybody is better than the rest- but in the humane way of thinking the contrary happens.

Your rejection of these drives suggests a rather big psychological issue- self-denial and a shame or rather a disgust against natural instincts of survival.

Fuchsia Ruler Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah's Avatar
    Gil
    Sassy
    Gifts Heart Pisces Double Bento
    Mentioned
    309 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-02-2016 06:57 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

My best friend is like that, actually. He's a very angry person and I do everything to try and make him happy. He needs it and I hang around him to make sure he stays happy. >:

The warrior of time aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

My anger originates from being picked on for so many years

Senior Member Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra's Avatar
    Gil
    Woot
    Gifts Kawaii Ice Cream Cone Apple Systems NES Controller
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-24-2011 10:57 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Hrm... it's an interesting idea, but it's my personal opinion that humans 'evolving' into a merger of both biological and technological processes doesn't sound all that great. It sounds more like forcing your perception of 'evolution' onto people in order to eliminate certain aspects of the human existence that you don't seem to favor as being correct.

For the moment, I think it more important to have many more discussions on the prospective nature of such and garner the far-reaching consequences of what it would entail; and then allow the future generations to come to a decision as to whether to try and make it a reality or not.
    Last edited by Shinn Kamiyra; 09-06-2010 at 02:49 PM.

My thanks to Xey Oiz for the awesome new set.

"Screw being normal and be awesome instead!"

Gil
    Fine
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I would disagree. Your mistake is to see the most basic needs under an aura of despicableness and as "animalistic" characteristics.
    They may have gotten us to were we are now. However, if we are to move forward we must eliminate these pointless burdens.

Under the scenario of creating "technologic ways" of procreation, I wonder what would be the incentive to set any kind of offspring into the world, since such decisions are voluntary and not imposable through governments or groups.
    Of course, it is in the end completely optional. But those that do without will only be living in the ways of old and will find to have a much harder time (think of those who reject technology now). v____v

Your rejection of these drives suggests a rather big psychological issue- self-denial and a shame or rather a disgust against natural instincts of survival.
    People should not have to feel forced to do the things they may not want to do (ie. urge to reproduce). Biological drives are becoming less and less important as technology improves. Again, it may have allowed us to survive until now, but it is something that we won't need anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by shin
    For the moment, I think it more important to have many more discussions on the prospective nature of such and garner the far-reaching consequences of what it would entail; and then allow the future generations to come to a decision as to whether to try and make it a reality or not.
    Why? why leave it to future generations? Isn't the #1 complaint of all problems "why wasn't this fixed long ago?"?

I have no intention of shoving problems onto later generations, nor do I feel as if this is an issue that will "out-live" my life time.
    Last edited by Skylar1; 09-06-2010 at 03:03 PM.

Gil
    Tired
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Thats true and will technology eventaully remove our humanity?

Fuchsia Ruler Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah's Avatar
    Gil
    Sassy
    Mentioned
    309 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by aether View Post
    My anger originates from being picked on for so many years
    Do you honestly want to remain an angry person as long as you live? ):
    I'm truely sorry that you have to go through a lot of crap in life, but give things a chance. It's easier said than done, but it'll progress. c:

Gil
    Stressed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

They may have gotten us to were we are now. However, if we are to move forward we must eliminate these pointless burdens.
    Burden?! That's the first point we disagree on.
    n the right setting, it can be one of the most beautiful experiences. (Why else would the whole humanity adhere to the practice?)

Of course, it is in the end completely optional. But those that do without will only be living in the ways of old and will find to have a much harder time (think of those who reject technology now). v____v
    I wish myself back to my childhood when the internet wasn't that used and relied on. Technology itself can be a burden. The need to always stay up to date, to search etc. What's à la mode now, lands in 2 years on the waste depositories in Ghana or other places, leading to intoxication of inhabitants.

People should not have to feel forced to do the things they may not want to do (ie. urge to reproduce). Biological drives are becoming less and less important as technology improves. Again, it may have allowed us to survive until now, but it is something that we won't need anymore.
    Having the latest kind of iPhone with an imaginary "food-producing app" would cure you of hunger?! Certainly not.
    Last edited by None of the above; 09-06-2010 at 03:10 PM.

Gil
    Tired
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Sheng Li View Post
    Do you honestly want to remain an angry person as long as you live? ):
    I'm truely sorry that you have to go through a lot of crap in life, but give things a chance. It's easier said than done, but it'll progress. c:
    Not really I just find it hard to trust people and to forgive them now

Gil
    Sassy
    Mentioned
    309 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by aether View Post
    Not really I just find it hard to trust people and to forgive them now
    Aww~ I don't find it fair for people that are honest people, you know. Keep in mind that there's some out there. Not a few. ><

Gil
    Fine
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Burden?! That's the first point we disagree on.
    In the right setting, it can be one of the most beautiful experiences.
    And what? what does that accomplish? I would have done no anything except for fulfill basic primal drives that do nothing for me.

There is no point.

I wish myself back to my childhood when the internet wasn't that used and relied on. Technology itself can be a burden. The need to always stay up to date, to search etc. What's à la mode now, lands in 2 years on the waste depositories in Ghana or other places, leading to intoxication of inhabitants.
    technology is a tool. Some use it better than others; but just because some abuse it's ability does not subtract from it's value.

Having the latest kind of iPhone with an imaginary "food-producing app" would cure you of hunger?! Certainly not.
    I'm.. not sure why you keep bringing up hunger and thirst, as I am specifically referring to reproductive instinct.

Gil
    Tired
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

sigh

Guess it is time to change it'll be hard I'm sure

Senior Member brolyx74 has a reputation beyond repute brolyx74 has a reputation beyond repute brolyx74 has a reputation beyond repute brolyx74 has a reputation beyond repute brolyx74 has a reputation beyond repute brolyx74 has a reputation beyond repute brolyx74 has a reputation beyond repute brolyx74 has a reputation beyond repute brolyx74 has a reputation beyond repute brolyx74 has a reputation beyond repute brolyx74 has a reputation beyond repute brolyx74's Avatar
    Gil
    Confused
    Gifts Cds Ice Cream
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-11-2012 08:00 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I'm not quite sure how this turned into a self help/pro con about coitus thread but whatever. Eric, i'm kinda on your side. I think that the nasty is a primitive thing that we should be able to overcome. I like to relate this to 1984 where thay were creating a loveless society where you weren't allowed to enjoy sex. Many people think that is horrible, but I think that I would prefer a society where these animal urges were supressed. As for you Aether, I can't help but feel bad. I was bullied as a kid too,but I am a very peaceful person. I was bullied near everyday day as a kid, but I don't hate anybody, well, except for Justin Beiber, Robert Pattinson, and other people like them.

Senior Member Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra has a reputation beyond repute Shinn Kamiyra's Avatar
    Gil
    Woot
    Gifts Kawaii Ice Cream Cone Apple Systems NES Controller
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-24-2011 10:57 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Why? why leave it to future generations? Isn't the #1 complaint of all problems "why wasn't this fixed long ago?"?

I have no intention of shoving problems onto later generations, nor do I feel as if this is an issue that will "out-live" my life time.
    Depending on the problem and the governing circumstances surrounding it, there are a number of answers for "why wasn't this fixed long ago?". Personally, I find it more or less irrelevant to focus on past problems. If such a thing did serve any use, it would only be to learn from past mistakes and make sure they didn't happen again.

I'm.. not sure why you keep bringing up hunger and thirst, as I am specifically referring to reproductive instinct.
    I may be misinterpreting you to a certain degree; and if I am then I apologize, however if you feel that your reproductive instincts are a burden to you, then all you have to do is become a stronger person so that you'll be able to control them. Truthfully, I can sympathize with your feelings to a degree in that I do not wish to become a parent. I have many, many things I wish to do in my life; much of which I might have to give up on if I had a child. However, in spite of my choice, I believe it important to understand the feelings of those who do wish to become parents and to those who already are.

A human's base drives, their very instincts, are what provoke great powers and determination in them. I believe your desire to do away with them is simply your own way of admitting that you are finding yourself unable to control them in the first place. If this is true; then, as I said, you need to become stronger; strong enough to control them and use them as you will.

My thanks to Xey Oiz for the awesome new set.

"Screw being normal and be awesome instead!"

Senior Member Anime-Prince has a reputation beyond repute Anime-Prince has a reputation beyond repute Anime-Prince has a reputation beyond repute Anime-Prince has a reputation beyond repute Anime-Prince has a reputation beyond repute Anime-Prince has a reputation beyond repute Anime-Prince has a reputation beyond repute Anime-Prince has a reputation beyond repute Anime-Prince has a reputation beyond repute Anime-Prince has a reputation beyond repute Anime-Prince has a reputation beyond repute Anime-Prince's Avatar
    Gil
    Bookworm
    Gifts Favorite A Duck Naruto Headband
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-20-2014 07:21 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Love.. has no meaning. It needs no meaning.

There's nothing about it in books or magazines.

Nobody can tell you what love is, because really it's defined by each and everyone of us in different ways.

You want to know what love is.. wait until it finds you. Wait until you realise you can't hold it in your hand like money. Until you see it doesn't just add up to be spent on quick fixes in life.

Then.. you can tell us what it is. What love truly is. What it means to you.
    Last edited by Anime-Prince; 09-06-2010 at 09:28 PM.
    Fascinated by the rain, influenced by the wind. Adventure for fun.

Closed Thread

Thread Information