If you don't what an aphorism is, here's a quick definition: a brief, cleverly worded statement that makes a wise observation about life.
Here's some example's from Benjamin Franklin's Poor Richard's Almanack:
1. Love your neighbor;yet don't pull down your hedge.
2. If a man empties his purse into his head, no man can take it away from him. An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest.
3. Three may keep a secret if two of them are dead.
4. tart words make no friends; a spoonful of honey will catch more flies than a gallon of vinegar.
5. Glass, china, and reputation are easily cracked and never well mended.
6. Fish and visitors smell in three days.
7. He that lieth down with dogs shall rise up with fleas.
What are some aphorisms that know of/heard of?