AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Help with Chat

Junior Member WARPs Jagd Mizuki has much to be proud of WARPs Jagd Mizuki has much to be proud of WARPs Jagd Mizuki has much to be proud of WARPs Jagd Mizuki has much to be proud of WARPs Jagd Mizuki has much to be proud of WARPs Jagd Mizuki has much to be proud of WARPs Jagd Mizuki has much to be proud of WARPs Jagd Mizuki has much to be proud of WARPs Jagd Mizuki has much to be proud of WARPs Jagd Mizuki has much to be proud of WARPs Jagd Mizuki's Avatar
    Gil
    Pissedoff
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-30-2010 05:19 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Thumbs down Help with Chat

Okay, since the update, i've had problems getting into chat, and it's driving me crazy. i've got in a couple times, but most of the time it says:
    Could not connect to www.animeforum.com:443.

Possible reasons include:

- The chat server system at www.animeforum.com is temporarily unavailable.

- Your computer is behind a firewall or proxy server. Please ensure that your firewall permits outgoing TCP connections to www.animeforum.com on port 443.

okay, i'm sure it's not a server system problem, cause 20 ppl are in there, and i know it's not my fire wall cause i've had that turned off and got the same message. none of the programs from my laptop could have a virus that caused it, cause i deleted all those, and i updated my java. so any suggestions? or is the update to much for my dial up to handle? i got in just fine when i tried on a high-speed wireless connection the old couple i bought my new computer from. i don't know what else to try, so any advice would be much appreciated.
    I have a dream, and in it, we can live in a world were a chicken can cross any road with out being questioned as to it's motives.

Copyright © 2013 FS FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD's Avatar
    Gil
    Lonely
    Gifts Fuuko Starfish Ice Cream Bamboo Cup
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-19-2023 07:16 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Default Re: Help with Chat

This is not an issue on our end and the chat script works for you too, since it gives you that error.

The only 3 reasons I can think of are: you have a firewall set up (can be either software or hardware based), your ISP is blocking port 443 or a 3rd party program is blocking or using port 443 on your computer. If you were able to access chat from the other laptop within the same network, it's not a hardware firewall nor your ISP blocking chat, meaning something on your computer is not letting chat connect. This can be either JAVA itself, a 3rd party firewall software (which you forgot about), an anti-virus or another program which uses this same port to communicate with the Internet.

For the little info you gave, we can't really help you out, but to start, you can check your installed software and see if any is the cause for your issues.

Hope this helps.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information