AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: OOC: RPG Ideas

God of Destruction Josun Tomoro has a reputation beyond repute Josun Tomoro has a reputation beyond repute Josun Tomoro has a reputation beyond repute Josun Tomoro has a reputation beyond repute Josun Tomoro has a reputation beyond repute Josun Tomoro has a reputation beyond repute Josun Tomoro has a reputation beyond repute Josun Tomoro has a reputation beyond repute Josun Tomoro has a reputation beyond repute Josun Tomoro has a reputation beyond repute Josun Tomoro has a reputation beyond repute Josun Tomoro's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheerful
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-07-2011 09:37 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default OOC: RPG Ideas

Permission granted by ShadowWalker

Hey folks, Ive been in a rpging mood lately, and have even come up with some interesting ideals for rpg's, but I am not very good at running rpg's.

Thus, I have decided to instead offer up my ideas for rpg's to you, my friends and fellow members. If you want to run them, you are perfectly free to do so, even go as far as to tear the idea apart and remake it to your own liking.

Anywho, here's the first one that I have right now.

1:Avatar The Last Airbender RPG-Based at the end of the series, the war has ended and a very uneasy peace has come about. The Fire Nation has begun withdrawing its forces and helping in the rebuilding of the Earth Kingdom and the Water Tribes, with Avatar Aang helping Fire Lord Zuko to try and restore the balance.

But tides are turning, as events began to unravel the fragile pieces. A long forgotten and ancient foe, the Templars of Chaos, or Dark Benders, have finally broken the seal keeping them away from the outside world. Their agents have began to sow the seeds of chaos as they prepare to announce their return to the world, with steel and flames.

To make matters worse, relations between the remaining nations are slipping due to Zuko's unwillingness to completely disarm the Fire Nation Military. Whats more, throughout the world Benders have begun to vanish. A movement has started proclaiming that all the suffering that has taken place is the fault of the Benders, and that peace will only truly arrive whe the Benders are gone.

The world is on the brink of collapsing, who will step forward to save or destroy the world?

A great webcomic!! Full of humor, angst, and occasional fanservice!

Senior Member Crazyjavi87 has a reputation beyond repute Crazyjavi87 has a reputation beyond repute Crazyjavi87 has a reputation beyond repute Crazyjavi87 has a reputation beyond repute Crazyjavi87 has a reputation beyond repute Crazyjavi87 has a reputation beyond repute Crazyjavi87 has a reputation beyond repute Crazyjavi87 has a reputation beyond repute Crazyjavi87 has a reputation beyond repute Crazyjavi87 has a reputation beyond repute Crazyjavi87 has a reputation beyond repute Crazyjavi87's Avatar
    Gil
    Mellow
    Gifts Leo
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-19-2011 02:28 AM
    Threads

I think you shouldn't makie it during the time of Aang and Zuko, you could have it based before their time, or the previous avatar's time to be precise. Or later on, or a different revisioning of avatar.

Other then that it seems quite interesting. And should this topic even be here?

~The King has come! To save us from the dark, who could have ever doubt? We have faith~
    set done by Daken

The Savage. -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL-'s Avatar
    Gil
    Hungover
    Gifts Present Beer
    Mentioned
    261 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-25-2012 04:28 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I love the idea, however i suggest you talk to Sunnyside about Games mastering as he is the undisputable GM king.

if this ever gets off the ground sign me up

God of Destruction Josun Tomoro has a reputation beyond repute Josun Tomoro has a reputation beyond repute Josun Tomoro has a reputation beyond repute Josun Tomoro has a reputation beyond repute Josun Tomoro has a reputation beyond repute Josun Tomoro has a reputation beyond repute Josun Tomoro has a reputation beyond repute Josun Tomoro has a reputation beyond repute Josun Tomoro has a reputation beyond repute Josun Tomoro has a reputation beyond repute Josun Tomoro has a reputation beyond repute Josun Tomoro's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheerful
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Crazyjavi87 View Post
    I think you shouldn't makie it during the time of Aang and Zuko, you could have it based before their time, or the previous avatar's time to be precise. Or later on, or a different revisioning of avatar.

Other then that it seems quite interesting. And should this topic even be here?
    Quote Originally Posted by GAZKUL
    I love the idea, however i suggest you talk to Sunnyside about Games mastering as he is the undisputable GM king.

if this ever gets off the ground sign me up
    I think some people forgot to read the first part... well okay two people.

First, Ill get to the second part of the first response. I have been given permission by ShadowWalker to have this thread here. I asked specifically and was given permission.

Second, I am offering the ideas to anyone who wants to use them. As I stated, I am not good at being a GM, primarily because I want to actually take part in the story rather than guide it. I prefer the part of being a player rather than the Game Master. However, this can be problematic since I can come up with really good ideas for an RPG.

Again, as stated, anyone can take the idea and expand it or rearrange or remove whatever they want from the idea. I'm am merely offering ideas for future Role plays.

GAZKUL, if it did get up and off the ground, I wouldn't be running it, so you would have to ask whoever decides to run it.

Psychic Amnesiac Zandan has a reputation beyond repute Zandan has a reputation beyond repute Zandan has a reputation beyond repute Zandan has a reputation beyond repute Zandan has a reputation beyond repute Zandan has a reputation beyond repute Zandan has a reputation beyond repute Zandan has a reputation beyond repute Zandan has a reputation beyond repute Zandan has a reputation beyond repute Zandan has a reputation beyond repute Zandan's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-01-2011 12:20 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I honestly would be interested in running a RPG, but my first try on this site failed so I may not be the best choice.

I've also never watched Avatar so I wouldn't be able to take the idea you have so far.
    I'm a psychic amnesiac. I know in advance what I'm going to forget.

Children in backseats will cause accidents. Accidents in backseats can bear children.

The more you learn, the more you know, the more you know, and the more you forget. The more you forget, the less you know. So why bother to learn?

Made by Hakuchuumu

Senior Member Crazyjavi87 has a reputation beyond repute Crazyjavi87 has a reputation beyond repute Crazyjavi87 has a reputation beyond repute Crazyjavi87 has a reputation beyond repute Crazyjavi87 has a reputation beyond repute Crazyjavi87 has a reputation beyond repute Crazyjavi87 has a reputation beyond repute Crazyjavi87 has a reputation beyond repute Crazyjavi87 has a reputation beyond repute Crazyjavi87 has a reputation beyond repute Crazyjavi87 has a reputation beyond repute Crazyjavi87's Avatar
    Gil
    Mellow
    Gifts Leo
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I'd like to try and run it, but I've only done one successful RP that actually ended so far 3x. And I didn't read the first part xD

~The King has come! To save us from the dark, who could have ever doubt? We have faith~
    set done by Daken

The Savage. -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL- has a reputation beyond repute -GAZKUL-'s Avatar
    Gil
    Hungover
    Gifts Present Beer
    Mentioned
    261 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I'd be willing to co-GM it, i'm a huge fan of The Last Airbender but i've never run an RPG before.

Sims Sadist Digital Dragon has a reputation beyond repute Digital Dragon has a reputation beyond repute Digital Dragon has a reputation beyond repute Digital Dragon has a reputation beyond repute Digital Dragon has a reputation beyond repute Digital Dragon has a reputation beyond repute Digital Dragon has a reputation beyond repute Digital Dragon has a reputation beyond repute Digital Dragon has a reputation beyond repute Digital Dragon has a reputation beyond repute Digital Dragon has a reputation beyond repute Digital Dragon's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Wolf Kunai Batmobile 1989
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-03-2019 12:53 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I have had varied success as a GM here, but also know too little about the airbender series to do it justice.
    "You laugh because I'm different, I laugh because you're all the same, the gods laugh and celebrate the differences."

Gil
    Cheerful
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Idea #2:

Apocalyptica 2012: Time After- Starting from the begining of the year 2012, the world we know has vanished. A strange virus has swept across the world, spreading death and terror everywhere it went. It is originally estimated that out of the 7 billion people on Earth, only 15 million survive.

But this is the least of the concerns. Global Tempratures have dropped as the Atlantic cycle stops due to melting Ice caps. While such a thing has happened in the past, it was due to natural causes rather than man made, and thus the change in the Earth's cycle brings a drastic climate change. The Southern hemisphere becomes drier and the winters longer. In the North, average yearly tempratures drop by 30 degrees, slowly turning the north into a frozen wasteland. Hundreds of thousands of people die.

Nature however has one last cruel strike against humanity. Massive Solar winds strike the Earth, disabling nearly all modern technology. With most of the survivors having become dependant on technology to survive the new climate, this causes even more deaths as many either lose hope or sucumb to the cruelties of this new world. Historians would later estimate that only 30 thousand people, maybe less, were left on the earth.

It is now the year 2025. 13 years have passed since the world we know was destroyed. Will Humanity rise up from the disaster, or will the human race finally be counted among the extinct?

The answer lies in the hands of a small group, who are begining to set camp near a large river....

NOTE:This is a survivor based RPG. The goal can be as simple as surving a month, but can also be incredibly complex (or at least it is in my mind :P) It would likely require two gms who could be able to shift the gears (example: Day phase, night phase, season, events,weeks, etc) It would also likely have three groups: Settlers (the group that sets up near the river) Drifters (people who have been wandering the world, trying to survive) and Raiders (people who survive by taking settlers and drifters resources.)

I can go into more detail for this one if people want. My mind is still working out a bunch of stuff for this one.

Psychic Amnesiac Zandan has a reputation beyond repute Zandan has a reputation beyond repute Zandan has a reputation beyond repute Zandan has a reputation beyond repute Zandan has a reputation beyond repute Zandan has a reputation beyond repute Zandan has a reputation beyond repute Zandan has a reputation beyond repute Zandan has a reputation beyond repute Zandan has a reputation beyond repute Zandan has a reputation beyond repute Zandan's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

That sounds pretty interesting. Kind of like Fallout except it's a semi-frozen wasteland instead of just a wasteland.

If I were to be a GM for it, I would really like to bounce different ideas around, and I would need a co-GM to help out (as you said) for more reasons than just plot advancement.

Children in backseats will cause accidents. Accidents in backseats can bear children.

The more you learn, the more you know, the more you know, and the more you forget. The more you forget, the less you know. So why bother to learn?

Made by Hakuchuumu

Gil
    Cheerful
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Yeah, I have to agree with you there. The idea sounded really good in my head, though I did realize as I typed it that it would be a lot of work for all involved. Its probally one of my more complicated ideas, but Im certain that if it was done right it would be fun.

Actually, whats funny is that I think this one would be a good one for Sunny. He'd probally be able to think of things I hadn't even thought off.

Gil
    Hungover
    Gifts Present Beer
    Mentioned
    261 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

agian i would be willing to co-GM this one, it sounds good and interesting.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I'm a very big post-apocalyptic story fan, so no matter who is the GM I would love to be a part of it.

Made by Hakuchuumu

Gil
    Cheerful
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Idea #3:

Tales of Aquatica
    NOTE: If anyone is familiar with the game Sword of the Stars, yes, I stole the names. I dont care :P And yes, Avatar reference here xD

Humanity has begun to slowly expand beyond the home system, breaking free of Einsteins cage with the powerful Node Drive in the year 2267 AD. With this powerful device, Humans have formed colonies in Alpha Centauri, Sirius, Epsilon Eradani, and now have finally reached the Tau Ceti system. The first explorers were surprised to find that the fourth planet from the sun had a startling surprise. One that we had not been expecting, believing the rest of the galaxy to be totally empty of sentient life.

But, we found it.

Calling themselves Liir, we discovered that Tau Ceti IV, known to the Liir as Muur, to humans as Aquatica, was inhabitated by a highly intelligent race of Dolphins. Having finally found sentient life, scientists became jubilent as humanity raced to learn as much about the aliens as they could.

50 years have passed, and it is now 2317 AD. Humanity continues to explore further into the galaxy, but its focus still lies on the world of Aquatica. 40 years earlier, scientists created genetically altered humans to be 'avatars', known as Mariners, capable of communicating with both species and living on both land and in water. Many of the avatars have become sentient, forming their own communities near the many small islands that dot the planet.

However, all is not well when mineralogists discover triatanium, a rare metal that humans have found only trace amounts of, is in abundance on Aquatica(primarily underwater). Now prospecting coroporations come rushing towards Aquatica, intending to strike it rich on the world no matter what it takes, forcing both the growing number Mariners and Liir into a tense situation.

What fate befalls the world of Aquatica lies in the fate of several unsuspecting individuals....

This mostly something I just NOW came up with, So I'm sure it couldd be tweaked more to be a far better sounding RPG. I do suggest that anyone who is a big fan of the movie Avatar take and tweak this, as some of the stuff formulating in my head was based off the Avatar movie.

Anywho, their would again be three groups for players to pick

Humans-You should know this, its what you are. We haven't changed much by the 24th century, save for increased life-spans and better health. Quick at adapting and creative, and so forth and etc. Coridal and friendly with Mariners, Cautious but good natured(for now) with Liir

Mariners-Originaly the 'Avatars' for contact with the Liir, several of them gained sentience and begining to create their own unique culture and communities. While possesing humanoid bodies and appearing similar to humans, hands and feet have gained webbing, small fins have grown out of the arms and legs as well as behind the ears (males also have a head fin) along with gills as well as a film over the eyes. Seemingly the best of both worlds, however Mariners have trouble on land and have trouble going farther down into the ocean. Live in the shallow-mid waters near the small volcanic islands dotting Aquatica. Friendly but watchful of Humans, Enthusiastic towards the Liir

Liir-An evolved and sentient race of dolphins, they are for the most part in the Iron age. However, some pods have developred phenomanal skill in the fields of bio-engineering and genetics. Within their Pod(family/clan) they have a telepathic link with each other. They can form telepathic links with Mariners who are not Avatars, and have had limited success with humans. Incredible swimmers, and skilled at adapting technology for their own use. However, some are isolationist and xenophobic. Guarded and Cool towards Humans, Friendly but cautious with Mariners

further information: Node Drive is something similar to the Hyperdrive from Star Wars, where in there are only certain routes that ships with Node drive can go, and can not do anything to interact with anything outside of Node Space. Unlike Hyperdrive However, ships cannot simply drop out of Node space and change course.

Triatanium is a precious metal that was found sparingly in asteroids of the Sol system, and are used to create Node Drive Engines. Discovered in the late 2000's, the supply in Sol was exhausted in the 2100's. Further trace amounts were found in Alpha Centauri and Epsilon Eradani, but the amount in Epsilon Eradani has now also been exhausted, leaving Alpha Centauri as Earths only source of Triatanium.

I can come up with more info later
    Last edited by Josun Tomoro; 07-08-2010 at 09:36 PM.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

So, can I submit any ideas or is it just Josun that is allowed to?

Made by Hakuchuumu

Gil
    Cheerful
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Yeah sure, go ahead. I dont care. As for RPG ideas three and four, I will be posting those sometime today or tomorrow.

Gil
    Mellow
    Gifts Leo
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Well since you said t hat. *a random envelope suddenly appears out of nowhere and suddenly opens* Who here has heard of Suikoden?
    Last edited by Crazyjavi87; 07-01-2010 at 03:26 AM.

set done by Daken

Gil
    Cheerful
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Default Re: OOC: RPG Ideas

Idea 3 has been included, see above past most recent post besides this.

Idea 4 to be included either later today or tomorrow. Possibly tomorrow.

Sims Sadist Digital Dragon has a reputation beyond repute Digital Dragon has a reputation beyond repute Digital Dragon has a reputation beyond repute Digital Dragon has a reputation beyond repute Digital Dragon has a reputation beyond repute Digital Dragon has a reputation beyond repute Digital Dragon has a reputation beyond repute Digital Dragon has a reputation beyond repute Digital Dragon has a reputation beyond repute Digital Dragon has a reputation beyond repute Digital Dragon has a reputation beyond repute Digital Dragon's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Wolf Kunai Batmobile 1989
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-03-2019 12:53 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I am only slightly familiar with Suikoden. Anybody else got any ideas for RPGs? I am wanting to run one, but have no idea what I want to do yet. I have worked with Final Fantasy and Chobits themes in the past, and I am not so much into the apocalyptic themes.
    "You laugh because I'm different, I laugh because you're all the same, the gods laugh and celebrate the differences."

Senior Member sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside's Avatar
    Gil
    Inspired
    Gifts Pocket Watch Katana Ice Cream
    Mentioned
    355 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-08-2019 09:03 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Digital Dragon View Post
    I am only slightly familiar with Suikoden. Anybody else got any ideas for RPGs? I am wanting to run one, but have no idea what I want to do yet. I have worked with Final Fantasy and Chobits themes in the past, and I am not so much into the apocalyptic themes.
    Well, I guess I do if you're asking. Though style wise I come at RPGs differently than Josun. I'm not a fan of coming up with a backstory and throwing people into it. Rather I usually start from a basic seed and think about how people will interact with the game and each other, and than, after I've figured out the game I want to play and the social interactions I want to play around with, I work on fleshing out a fitting backstory, which I usually avoid burdening the players with overly much early on. Often much of the backstory is never revealed.

On that note the following is the opening to "The DM of the Rings" which I at least get quite a laugh out of.
    http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=612

Anyway you might not want to go with one of the idea I have (though I'll share if you'd like me to) .

If you want to fit well with the demographics of the forum here's what I suggest you do:

#1 Pick a setting something like the "All fours academy" game (the thread is most of the way down the first page of the RP forum here). The game itself promptly crashed and burned, but people kept signing up long after it was dead, which tells you something about the "demand" for such a thing. I told one other person who wanted to run a game here to make a Vampire Knight RPG. They had a bit of a breakdown shortly after, and the game didn't even start, but again people were signing up for that thing long after he was gone. FF and Chobits aren't bad choices. But Chobits is getting a little dated, and wasn't that popular. FF is huge but there have been so many of them with such different settings I'm not sure how great the "fit" would be.

#2 Make the scope of the game short. The general pattern with games here is that the first few hundred posts come quick, easy, and fun. After that the difficulty continually ramps up for quite a while. It's brutal keeping threads alive.

So do yourself a favor and don't bother unless that's really what you want. Instead make the scope such that after maybe 600-800 posts you can put a bow on it and call it done. Going for that sort of a length should also force you to think about pacing, which may make it more interesting and get people to stick around that long.
    Last edited by sunnyside; 08-16-2010 at 11:03 AM.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information