AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The New Star Wars MMO

Senior Member Frost Alchemist has a reputation beyond repute Frost Alchemist has a reputation beyond repute Frost Alchemist has a reputation beyond repute Frost Alchemist has a reputation beyond repute Frost Alchemist has a reputation beyond repute Frost Alchemist has a reputation beyond repute Frost Alchemist has a reputation beyond repute Frost Alchemist has a reputation beyond repute Frost Alchemist has a reputation beyond repute Frost Alchemist has a reputation beyond repute Frost Alchemist has a reputation beyond repute Frost Alchemist's Avatar
    Gil
    Sleepy
    Gifts Blue Saber Scroll 149 - Dragonite
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-25-2010 08:45 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default The New Star Wars MMO

For those of you who don't know already or already know, Bioware is currently creating the new Star Wars game, The Old Republic. Based off the Knights of The Old Republic games but they are taking new leaps in game-play and interaction as an MMO game. I'd like to get your thoughts on it.
    Sig By Yukari112

Senior Member Elukien has a reputation beyond repute Elukien has a reputation beyond repute Elukien has a reputation beyond repute Elukien has a reputation beyond repute Elukien has a reputation beyond repute Elukien has a reputation beyond repute Elukien has a reputation beyond repute Elukien has a reputation beyond repute Elukien has a reputation beyond repute Elukien has a reputation beyond repute Elukien has a reputation beyond repute Elukien's Avatar
    Gil
    Sleepy
    Gifts Jigsaw Ribbon LOTR The Palantir Of Orthanc Black Cat
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-18-2013 02:54 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: Sarcasticfuzzball

Default Re: The New Star Wars MMO

I've seen some of the gameplay of Star Wars the Old Republic and i think it's pretty sweet. But the graphics on the NPCs or character could of been a little better. The music, from what i hear is going to be awesome. Also i hope that they don't screw things up. I've played the Star Wars Knights of the old Republic 1 & 2 and i've done some pretty heavy research on this. I know i'm kinda sad but i'm a big fan of Star Wars

I hope that you can make a Wookie Jedi, that would be awesomely sweet ♪

Senior Member Frost Alchemist has a reputation beyond repute Frost Alchemist has a reputation beyond repute Frost Alchemist has a reputation beyond repute Frost Alchemist has a reputation beyond repute Frost Alchemist has a reputation beyond repute Frost Alchemist has a reputation beyond repute Frost Alchemist has a reputation beyond repute Frost Alchemist has a reputation beyond repute Frost Alchemist has a reputation beyond repute Frost Alchemist has a reputation beyond repute Frost Alchemist has a reputation beyond repute Frost Alchemist's Avatar
    Gil
    Sleepy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Lol thats what people are hoping for. They have a year to work on graphics, so I dont think it'll be a problem. I'm also reading the webcomics they are posting to.
    Sig By Yukari112

Anime Sekai Kenkyuuin GrimStride™ has a reputation beyond repute GrimStride™ has a reputation beyond repute GrimStride™ has a reputation beyond repute GrimStride™ has a reputation beyond repute GrimStride™ has a reputation beyond repute GrimStride™ has a reputation beyond repute GrimStride™ has a reputation beyond repute GrimStride™ has a reputation beyond repute GrimStride™ has a reputation beyond repute GrimStride™ has a reputation beyond repute GrimStride™ has a reputation beyond repute GrimStride™'s Avatar
    Gil
    Cynical
    Gifts Systems NES Systems NES Controller Iron Man MkII
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-01-2011 10:45 AM
    Threads

It's definitely going to be worth the wait.I love that it's going to be fully voiced and since we're talking about Biowarewe can expect long and immersive story lines.Sadly it's not based on Kotor.It's based on Star wars....

And the graphics can't get who knows how much better because this is an mmo.Top of the line graphics will cause a lot of technical difficulties and will mean that less people will be able play.

Senior Member Elukien has a reputation beyond repute Elukien has a reputation beyond repute Elukien has a reputation beyond repute Elukien has a reputation beyond repute Elukien has a reputation beyond repute Elukien has a reputation beyond repute Elukien has a reputation beyond repute Elukien has a reputation beyond repute Elukien has a reputation beyond repute Elukien has a reputation beyond repute Elukien has a reputation beyond repute Elukien's Avatar
    Gil
    Sleepy
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Well in a way it's kinda based on kotor otherwise they wouldn't get the right history, the designs of the building, the atmosphere of the planet and so on. unless i'm missing something here.

True but wouldn't you like to play a game with sweet graphics?
    From what i've seen the graphics are pretty good but i just want better detail on the characters.

Anime Sekai Kenkyuuin GrimStride™ has a reputation beyond repute GrimStride™ has a reputation beyond repute GrimStride™ has a reputation beyond repute GrimStride™ has a reputation beyond repute GrimStride™ has a reputation beyond repute GrimStride™ has a reputation beyond repute GrimStride™ has a reputation beyond repute GrimStride™ has a reputation beyond repute GrimStride™ has a reputation beyond repute GrimStride™ has a reputation beyond repute GrimStride™ has a reputation beyond repute GrimStride™'s Avatar
    Gil
    Cynical
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Ensifer View Post
    Well in a way it's kinda based on kotor otherwise they wouldn't get the right history, the designs of the building, the atmosphere of the planet and so on. unless i'm missing something here.
    The Kotor story line is a part of the Star Wars universe. Bioware simply decided to use something that is already there - in this case a few names and designs of planets with the purpose of giving gamers something familiar. Nothing more. The game has nothing else in common with Kotor so you can't say it's based on it. What about all the designs and names they use from the movie?And the comics?This is why the game is based on "Star Wars"

True but wouldn't you like to play a game with sweet graphics?
    From what i've seen the graphics are pretty good but i just want better detail on the characters.
    That's like saying "wouldn't you like to breath clean air". Of course i do but i know it can't happen....
    Last edited by GrimStride™; 08-18-2010 at 02:23 AM.

Gil
    Sleepy
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

The game has nothing else in common with Kotor so you can't say it's based on it.
    I didn't say that is was based on it, i said it was kinda based on it. So it's taking things out of kotor and putting the jazz into the MMO.

That's like saying "wouldn't you like to breath clean air". Of course i do but i know it can't happen....
    well shall see but it's still got like another, what 4-6 months. So they could be improving the graphics.
    Last edited by Elukien; 08-18-2010 at 02:31 AM.

Gil
    Cynical
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I didn't say that is was based on it, i said it was kinda based on it. So it's taking things out of kotor and putting the jazz into the MMO.
    Fair enough.You responded after i addressed the very first post and it seemed like you were defending that statement.The key word is kinda.Like it is kinda based on the movies,kinda based on the hundreds of comic books,kinda based on the way giraffes fart etc.See my point?

Gil
    Sleepy
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

kinda based on the way giraffes fart etc.See my point?
    Ahaha what the hell? But yer i can see your point.
    I didn't know that they had comics on kotor.

Gil
    Cynical
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Ahaha what the hell? But yer i can see your point.
    I didn't know that they had comics on kotor.
    I was talking about star wars comics in general but yeah there are a lot of Kotor based ones as well

We totally ruined the thread

Gil
    Sleepy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Well the key point is, they are pulling ideas from the movies and KOTOR. But mostly KOTOR. They took the gameplay and enhanced it so that its more multiplayer interactive and not repetitive fighting like MMO's you see these days. As for graphics, yes, if they are top of the line, it will be a problem if you're running on a laptop which doesnt have the best capabilities for the games gameplay. Kinda had that problem when i was playing KOTOR2, couldnt see the theatrical cutscenes or have audio. xD You'd need a CPU with good graphics card. But hopefully Bioware is actually going to do something about that.
    Sig By Yukari112

Gil
    Cynical
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Static Shock View Post
    Well the key point is, they are pulling ideas from the movies and KOTOR. But mostly KOTOR. They took the gameplay and enhanced it
    These are only your personal opinions.Please don't try to pass them of as facts.The gameplay mechanics don't have anything to do with Kotor, and what exactly did they take from that game and put it in to Tor that makes up most of it?

Gil
    Sleepy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

You know I love how you're saying they're opinions when I'm getting this right from the creator's mouths.
    Sig By Yukari112

Gil
    Sleepy
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

what exactly did they take from that game and put it in to Tor that makes up most of it?
    Good point. Maybe Bioware got some of it's ideas from the kotor games. But all that really matters that Tor is set, roughly the same time as kotor or just a few years later or before. But in the end it's just going to be one heck of a game

Gil
    Cynical
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

You know I love how you're saying they're opinions when I'm getting this right from the creator's mouths.
    Do you mind posting a link to an official video or the site?When you make claims it's only appropriate to present us with some proof.

Gil
    Sleepy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Actually its set around 300 years after KOTOR.
    Sig By Yukari112

Gil
    Sleepy
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Do you mind posting a link to an official video or the site?When you make claims it's only appropriate to present us with some proof.
    This would be most helpful.

Actually its set around 300 years after KOTOR.
    That's kinda cool, i guess. So putting after kotor.....it kinda does say that there is going to be hardly any kotor jazz inside of Tor.

Gil
    Sleepy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Why not look for yourselves? There's not a website for nothing.
    Sig By Yukari112

Gil
    Cynical
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Why not look for yourselves? There's not a website for nothing.
    I can't find it.Please, you're the one who said you've seen it. It should take you a few seconds to locate it again right? Unless you were pulling it out of you pooper which i'm guessing is the case...

Gil
    Sleepy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I haven't watched any of those vids since E3. And if you can't find it, it's not my problem.
    Sig By Yukari112

Gil
    Cynical
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Why don't you just admit you made it up ? This is a bold claim and it shouldn't have been too difficult to back it up if it were true. First you say it was on the site,then some vids...
    FYI i've watched the entire coverage of E3 and i don't remember Kotor being even mentioned

Gil
    Sleepy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

You know I dont make claims unless I know i've heard it. And I know I did. But even then, if it would satisfy you, I made it up. Now I can actually have some peace.
    Sig By Yukari112

Junior Member Megadeth is on a distinguished road Megadeth's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-18-2010 11:16 AM
    Threads

Ever player. Will get. Their own. Starship.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information