AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Death Afterlife: Chapter 5

Hybrid View

Nanobyte's minion SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD's Avatar
    Gil
    Sleepy
    Gifts Luna Cake Lie Soras Keyblade
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-20-2017 06:47 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 1596-5790-7816-3407

Default Death Afterlife: Chapter 5

This chapter is quite short, but it features a bit more of Sain and Mina. It also gives some insight into Mina's "spiritual powers" or so to speak. I should have been more thorough, but as I mentioned before I kind of sped through this because I wanted to get to the good parts. I'll eventually edit these first couple of chapters. Btw, the later chapters are easily 2 to 3 times longer than these first ones, so you can tell I felt better writing them. Anyway enjoy.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 5

We were walking home together after the terrible ordeal we had just been through. I escaped with a bruise and a small cut. Her on the other hand; the only thing damaged was her clothes. She was lucky she wore Capri pants and that orange buttoned blouse. If she had worn anything flimsy like her school uniform they might’ve ripped it to shreds in no time. The weather outside wasn’t as chilly as it should be for a day in October, so I took off my hooded sweater and handed it over to her.

“Here wear this. It seems as if your blouse will fall apart any second now.”, as I held out my sweater in front of her.

“Thank you so much. I don’t know what I would have done without you.”, she said in that happy voice that always seemed to irritate me for some reason.

“So why didn’t you just find an alternate route? Why did you keep on going the same place where those thugs hang out?”

“Well I figured they would not bother me if I paid them the money they asked. Besides, I only had to sacrifice some lunch money so it was no biggie.”

“Still, for a smart girl you sure aren’t street smart. If you keep going like that you’ll wind up kidnapped or worse. You have to use your wits.”

“Hey I’m not stupid.”, she said in an irritated voice, “I may not be used to a neighborhood such as this, but I can take care of myself.”

“Sure, sure. That’s why you had the situation under control back there.”, I mocked. “Those were tears of joy I saw coming out of your eyes, right?”

“Shut up.”, she said sounding even more annoyed than before. “I’m a pretty good fighter, its just that when weapons are involved I freak out. I was taught how to disarm someone, but I never had to fight so many people at the same time.”

“Well if you’re such a good fighter why didn’t you beat them up the first time they asked you to hand over some money?”

“Because…I’m a pacifist. I dislike fighting. If I can avoid fighting I will.”

“So you know how to fight, but you dislike fighting? And you would rather spend a lot of cash rather than fight? You know, the more you talk, the less smart I think you actually are.”

“Hmph. Well you’re one to talk. I thought you didn’t care about anyone and worried only about yourself?”

“Tch. I was only passing by. You got lucky that I was in the mood to beat the crap out of somebody.”

“Oh really?”, she mocked. “Then I suppose you live somewhere around here?”

“Shut up!”, I said, frustrated at not being able to come up with an explanation.

She giggled. “Well I still appreciate what you did. Its no wonder you were a gang leader; you took down an entire group yourself.”

“Don’t forget that you did some work too. Don’t give me credit I don’t deserve. But I want to ask you something, why did you shout for my name back there? Did you happen to see me?”

“Well to be honest, no I didn’t. But… well you wouldn’t believe me, so I won’t say anymore.”

I was interested now. I wanted to know what she was hiding. “Come on, you can tell me. Besides, there is nothing you can say that will make you sound dumber than you have already”, I said, but regretted it since she might not tell me after that insult.

“Wow, you sure have your times don’t you. You can be a really sweet guy sometimes but you can also be the world’s biggest jerk.”

“It’s who I am, can’t help it.”

“Well at least you’re honest.”, she said, and it looked as if she was getting ready to say something, but she seemed troubled by it.

“Hey if you really don’t want to tell me, you don’t-“

“Ever since I was little, I’ve been able to perceive energy.”, she said abruptly, as she closed her eyes and winced as if I was going to say something mean or laugh in her face. Instead I listened intently because I wanted to know more, even if it did sound farfetched.

She continued, “At first I was able to detect the presence of ghosts, but as I grew older I acquired the ability to see them. Everyone whom I told thought I was crazy, and even my family members were freaked out about it. I think that’s when they came up with the excuse that I stole something so they could just get rid of me. If the presence is strong enough, I can sense it. Though I did find it strange. Usually I could only sense spirits or people who can detect spirits, but I was somehow able to detect you. I’ve been trying my best to detect normal people, but so far I haven’t had such luck.”

She turned towards me and looked up and down my body, maybe to check and see if there was something special about me. I guess it would be hard to keep it a secret from her, so I gave it a shot. Besides, what she just explained to me wasn’t so hard to believe after what I went through.

“Well you see…”, I began my explanation, “Ever since I awoke from the hospital that one time, something strange happened. My senses… its like they’ve been heightened to some extent. I’m not trying to sound stoic or anything, but I would never have been able to take on the amount of guys we took on earlier. Its almost as if I was able to slow down their movements, or move my body faster. But I can’t complain… I used to be a straight C student but now I can get As and Bs without even trying. And I could feel presences as well, just not the same level as you. I’ve just not told anyone; I mean, who would believe me?”

“Yeah I thought it was weird that you were a slacker and yet were taking honors classes”, said Mina.

“What’s that supposed to mean?”, I asked, wondering if she really thought I was stupid when she first met me.

“Oh hey there’s my house up ahead. Sorry but I have to go now.”, said Mina.

“Its fine, just stay out of trouble next time.”

“Umm…”, she was having a hard time trying to tell me something, but didn’t know how to say it. I just stood there watching her. For some reason I enjoyed looking at her frustrated look, so much that I even blushed a bit. I responded by tilting my head to the side so that she wouldn’t see.

“Well I really liked this… you know,” she said still struggling for words, “how we were talking and stuff. So I was wondering um…”, she turned around so that I wouldn’t see the expression on her face, but I could tell she was blushing, “ would you like to walk home together every day? That way we could talk and get to know each other better.

I didn’t really expect this from her; I actually thought she was still afraid of me especially and would be even more frightened of me.

“Hmm…”, I stalled my answer to see what her reaction would be. “I will think about it.”

I walked away and headed the opposite direction, since my house was actually on the other side. I took a quick glance back and saw that Mina was gazing at the floor with a saddened expression on her face. Usually I wouldn’t care, but for some reason I felt really bad.

The next day we hardly talked to one another. It was as if she had lost all hope; as if I had already declined her. She was walking home that day all alone almost as if she wasn’t in a hurry. She must have been thinking about something because she walked while staring at the ground.

“Hey aren’t you going to wait up for me,” I said as I caught up to her.

She lifted her head and looked straight into my eyes and a smile was beautifully painted on her face.

“I didn’t think you’d want to walk with me?”, she asked a bit surprised.

“I did say that I would think about it, I never said no. Besides, you need someone to watch over you in case those fools give you some trouble again.”

“I guess you’re right, but if you’re in pinch I can back you up, right?”, she said smiling and tilting her head.

“If you want”, I said in my usual non-interested tone.
    Last edited by SigmaSD; 08-17-2010 at 04:15 AM.

Senior Member Movie Dave has a reputation beyond repute Movie Dave has a reputation beyond repute Movie Dave has a reputation beyond repute Movie Dave has a reputation beyond repute Movie Dave has a reputation beyond repute Movie Dave has a reputation beyond repute Movie Dave has a reputation beyond repute Movie Dave has a reputation beyond repute Movie Dave has a reputation beyond repute Movie Dave has a reputation beyond repute Movie Dave has a reputation beyond repute Movie Dave's Avatar
    Gil
    Bored
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-15-2013 12:26 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Re: Original Fiction: Death Afterlife: Chapter 5

this is very-anime like XD and by the tone of voice he used at the end is monotone lol you'll type less.

"Tell her that I miss our little talks."

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information