AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Working on APH cosplay

Junior Member missyizzi is on a distinguished road missyizzi's Avatar
    Gil
    Bored
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-08-2010 03:54 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Working on APH cosplay

So I'm getting on the ball early.
    Otakon 2011 early. Because otherwise I'll be stuck with a lame costume and that just won't do.

I'm thinking of going as an Italy.
    This is my first real cosplay that I'm making myself that's somewhat complex. (the other one that I made myself was a No-Face [Spirited Away] costume. Talk about easy).
    I'm thinking I'll order the clothes off Amazon or go junking for a blue suit-esque thing and add some flair to it.

My main concern is the hair curl, any suggestions?
    I saw way too many pipe cleaner ahoges this year, I'm not stooping to that level.
    Would it be a matter of a ton of gel and a lot of hope? Some kind of wire contraption I could wrap some strands around?
    `````````
    Now I always try to have an easier backup plan to fall back on failing that.
    I'm thinking Prussia. Just because I think he'd be one of the easiest. (I could wear normal clothes and just get a wig and maybe some contacts)

Any pointers on either?
    I'm trying to steer away from Canada, Hungary, Chibitalia, Russia, and China because they were swarming all over the con.

(The good thing about Italy is that if I can't find a blue suit, I can look for a brown one and go as Romano ;D)
    Now hold up, hold up hold up,
    you still feelin' down?
    Life's a little rough these days,
    times're a little tough,
    well okay!

Senior Member Desulishor has a reputation beyond repute Desulishor has a reputation beyond repute Desulishor has a reputation beyond repute Desulishor has a reputation beyond repute Desulishor has a reputation beyond repute Desulishor has a reputation beyond repute Desulishor has a reputation beyond repute Desulishor has a reputation beyond repute Desulishor has a reputation beyond repute Desulishor has a reputation beyond repute Desulishor has a reputation beyond repute Desulishor's Avatar
    Gil
    In Love
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-29-2010 03:28 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Finland, land of santa claus and good dental care.
    Threads

Default Re: Working on APH cosplay

imo, the whole hair thing can be done with plain gel. I've seen ppl pull cloud of ff7 hairstyle with gel, so something like this should be easy. (just bring some hairspray along to the show that u can fix it from time to time) That one weird long strand of hair on the right side could be done with some kind of wire contraption. Prolly an "angel halo" made of wire, hidden under all that hair with that one strand sticking out. the suit is probably not a prob, just get the proper shoes to go with it too and don't forget your flag.
    We are Pop Candy, very happy! ^--^

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information