AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire Remakes.

Geek of Games GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks's Avatar
    Gil
    Paranoid
    Gifts Jade Disc Cookie Cookie
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-28-2017 05:24 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: GameGeeks

Default Re: Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire Remakes.

Easy, next hand held got tossed around for when the remake should happen and we simply got sidetracked which happens 90% of the time on any topic.

つき *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki*'s Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts 001 - Bulbasaur Cowboy Hat Dr Who Tardis
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-30-2021 04:30 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I don't think I've ever paid more than $100 for a handheld game system. <_<
    (Oh, but my brother did on his psp that he managed to lose by giving to my friend. Fail lil' bro. Fail.)

As for the 3DS- I wouldn't buy it for over $130.
    And, seeing as I am currently broke, I couldn't buy it for even that much. ;D

Geek of Games GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks's Avatar
    Gil
    Paranoid
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

What did your friend lose it or something?

Junior Member melissapankey43 is on a distinguished road melissapankey43's Avatar
    Gil
    Sick
    Gifts Panda Black Guitar 025 - Pikachu
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-11-2012 06:03 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I think, yes they should remake the games, but also upgrade the graphics in all the games. Instead of the little mario like person, they make the ppl into the full size 3d person like in coiiusseum(probably spelled wrong cuz I'm tired.lol) also u should be able to costomise ur character like u can on the sims game and be able to change outfits freely. And next the battles, they should make it more like the colluseum game for wii only it actually shows the attacks like on the tv show. Cuz its boring not being able to c the atacks hitting how they are suppose to look. Also they should make it to where its not taking turns, it should be made like on the tv show where u have to think fast and tell them to doge, use the surroundings as advantages and disadvantages bla bla bla u get the idea. I've been wanting a game like this for a couple years cuz it would be totally awesome. Don't u agree?

つき *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki*'s Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts 001 - Bulbasaur Cowboy Hat Dr Who Tardis
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-30-2021 04:30 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GameGeeks View Post
    What did your friend lose it or something?
    Yup. And there's no way she can afford to buy a new one, either.
    Told the little brat not to do it- three times- and he still did. Idiot.

Senior Member Norwegian Moose has a reputation beyond repute Norwegian Moose has a reputation beyond repute Norwegian Moose has a reputation beyond repute Norwegian Moose has a reputation beyond repute Norwegian Moose has a reputation beyond repute Norwegian Moose has a reputation beyond repute Norwegian Moose has a reputation beyond repute Norwegian Moose has a reputation beyond repute Norwegian Moose has a reputation beyond repute Norwegian Moose has a reputation beyond repute Norwegian Moose has a reputation beyond repute Norwegian Moose's Avatar
    Gil
    Cloud_9
    Gifts Gimp Black Beauty LesPauls 143 - Snorlax
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-20-2011 01:44 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: NMoose

I think that they will make a Ruby or Sapphire remake... Myabe in a couple of years. But I think that it'll be just crap, and that it's just another way of milking the pokemon franchise... -3-''

~sig by me o3o^ Miyavi ftw~

~Thanks to Seung-li for the awesome sig!~

PM me! Befriend me! I don't bite... Hard.

My Tumblr! - Follow me for awesomeness!

Add me on KakaoTalk! My ID is NorwegianMoose!

Junior Member NintendoMan32 is on a distinguished road NintendoMan32's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-29-2011 05:44 PM
    Threads

Thumbs up Re: Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire Remakes.

Ok hello people the idea of pokemon R and S are possible I'm not really that much for it but I think it would be nice as better graphics, hopefully able to connect with SS and HG (obviously with B an W) and I guess that new items could help. Well that's all I gots to say. PEACE!

Senior Member Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos's Avatar
    Gil
    Lonely
    Gifts Rainbow Ribbon 104 - Cubone Saxophone
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-15-2016 09:09 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Bassoonist26

The only thing that would interest me about the R/S remakes is if they were released on the 3DS.

I have my original DS and it plays my Ruby cartridge just fine. I don't need to rebuy the game. And I'm so sorry that most people gave away their DS/DS Lites to get the DS rehashes that don't have GBA slots - that's their loss.

I know they will make R/S remakes, and I know I will have to buy one, but I don't see the necessity for making the. R/B got a remake because they're the first generation. G/S deserved a remake because, well, the batteries on many of the cartridges has died preventing them from saving at all. R/S/E cartridges also have an issue (even though they don't even have the day/night feature. Lol. Somehow they don't get the benefits, but they still get the downside) but I believe the issue was resolved with one of the GCN games or something (I forget.) And the issue never effected anything much and we can still save.

I know, I know, G/S were remade for money. I understand that, but in my mind there was a lot more justification behind them being remade. R/S do not have that justification, and to be honest that was pretty much the most boring of generations, so as I said, it will probably take being 3DS exclusive to make me really look at them.

~Made by me~

Decendent Of Fianna Orca is infamous around these parts Orca is infamous around these parts Orca is infamous around these parts Orca is infamous around these parts Orca is infamous around these parts Orca is infamous around these parts Orca is infamous around these parts Orca is infamous around these parts Orca is infamous around these parts Orca is infamous around these parts Orca's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-11-2013 03:47 AM
    Threads

And what was the gap between the original versions to their newly developed counter-parts? I wouldn't be surprised if they remade r/s. they remade f/b/ and s/g which where practically their first two set of games created and i don't see why they wouldn't do the same to the third or any of the other in that regard. considering we don't know where the future will take things only speculate about it. everything takes time.
    "I have Negative Rep, help me on the quest to obtain 0 rep points"
    Current Rep: -1478 <--Mission Start.
    Thank You To All Supporters

Senior Member Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Orange Dango Bioshock Eve Soul Eater Logo
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-06-2012 05:34 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

It's been 10 years since Ruby oO Time flies. I still think it is too early to remake R/S though, its look like it won't be a huge improvement in graphics, I would prefer if they made a new Pokemon where they change the formula a bit. After so many releases it's been almost the same

Gil
    Paranoid
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Screwby View Post
    It's been 10 years since Ruby oO Time flies. I still think it is too early to remake R/S though, its look like it won't be a huge improvement in graphics, I would prefer if they made a new Pokemon where they change the formula a bit. After so many releases it's been almost the same
    Nope, only been eight years and four months. Wont be ten years till 2013.
    Last edited by GameGeeks; 06-27-2011 at 10:22 PM.

12. Thanks Screwby thanked for this post
    Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Gifts Penguin Movie Ticket Gabumon
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-13-2024 02:28 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

What they should do is make a console RPG.
    Last edited by Hanamaru Kunikida; 06-27-2011 at 10:25 PM.

14. Likes Skylar1, animeyay liked this post
    Roarrrrrrrrrrr!
    AnimeLyrics Admin
    animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Be Mine 143 - Snorlax Cookie
    Mentioned
    754 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-29-2016 11:05 PM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Is it REALLY necessary to remake a GBA game for the DS?
    There won't be a huge difference in graphics or sound...(Going from GB to DS is another story.)
    Besides, instead of a R/S remake, I want my Pokemon Grey! D:

Senior Member Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Orange Dango Bioshock Eve Soul Eater Logo
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-06-2012 05:34 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Nope, only been eight years and four months. Wont be ten years till 2013.
    Oh misread the OP, still quite some time though

Senior Member Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos's Avatar
    Gil
    Lonely
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by animeyay View Post
    Is it REALLY necessary to remake a GBA game for the DS?
    There won't be a huge difference in graphics or sound...(Going from GB to DS is another story.)
    Besides, instead of a R/S remake, I want my Pokemon Grey! D:
    Oh yeah, there's totally little difference in a system that is close to the SNES in graphics, and another system that is closer to the Wii in graphics (assuming they're made for the 3DS, which is looking more and more likely. If not, the DS is still a lot closer to the N64, which is a significant jump over the SNES/GBA).

~Made by me~

Gil
    Paranoid
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Bassoonist View Post
    Oh yeah, there's totally little difference in a system that is close to the SNES in graphics, and another system that is closer to the Wii in graphics (assuming they're made for the 3DS, which is looking more and more likely. If not, the DS is still a lot closer to the N64, which is a significant jump over the SNES/GBA).
    Don't you go dissing the SNES.

Gil
    Lonely
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Don't you go dissing the SNES.
    I didn't.

~Made by me~

Member Rowland is on a distinguished road Rowland's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-15-2011 09:01 PM
    Threads

Pokemon doing remakes of each game generation is only a few degrees lower than how pointless Capcom spits out Street Fighter versions. I don't see a real point.
    And trust me, I am a Street Fighter fan, and even a bigger Pokemon fan but why bother? SF makes more sense since they throw in random characters and fix out stuff, but Pokemon is just remaking it isn't so great, be more of a port for like the 3DS than a remake.

Gil
    Lonely
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Rowland View Post
    Pokemon doing remakes of each game generation is only a few degrees lower than how pointless Capcom spits out Street Fighter versions. I don't see a real point.
    There is a point, though. I'm sure a lot of people were happy to see the first generation games remade on the GBA. They were a bit more accessible to people who were used to better graphics and the newer mechanics and improvements that were added in Pokemon games by that point.

With HeartGold/SoulSilver, those remakes had a very good reasoning for being made - G/S/C cartridge's batteries were (and still are, of course) dying. For many of us, it is our favorite generation and we'd love to still be able to play it.

And trust me, I am a Street Fighter fan, and even a bigger Pokemon fan but why bother? SF makes more sense since they throw in random characters and fix out stuff, but Pokemon is just remaking it isn't so great, be more of a port for like the 3DS than a remake.
    I couldn't quite make sense of this part of your post, but I'm assuming it's criticizing Pokemon remakes for being more "ports" than they are "remakes" and I couldn't possibly disagree with that anymore.

I recently bought and played Pokemon HeartGold. It is perhaps one of the best remakes I've ever seen. Everything was totally redone. The new mechanics were introduced, and Kanto was re-expanded from the way it was in G/S/C. It was a real treat to be able to go through Viridian Forest again, unlike how in G/S/C it was just a small maze of trees in Route 2. Of course, that's only one example of where the game expanded Kanto back out.

Now I just bought and played through The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D. That is far closer to a port than a remake. Gamefreak actually works hard on their Pokemon remakes beyond making graphical enhancements.
    Last edited by Aulos; 07-04-2011 at 01:24 PM.

~Made by me~

Junior Member cpb101 is on a distinguished road cpb101's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-10-2011 05:52 PM
    Threads

Ok, so lets put everything together

Why they would make a remake:

Awesome games
    May not be available on 3ds
    Batteries running dry
    Put alot of references into HGSSBW
    Graphical Enhancements
    Follows the pattern (New games, remakes, new games, remakes)
    A lot of Pokemon unavailible to newer versions (you could use Pal Park, but let's face it, all that transfering/trading would just be a pain in the butt)

Why they wouldn't remake these games:
    Terrible games
    Works fine on those that didn't waste money on DSi/XL(but on the other hand Nintendo is probably counting on you to waste money on those)
    Pal park (if you want it that badly, you have to go through all that transfering)
    Pokemon losing popularity

These were a combination of all of the posts that I read and some of my own opinions/reasons, and personally, I believe that the pros far outweigh the cons. For one thing, Some people say that the games were the best and others say that they suck, but I've played all of the generations, from R/B to B/W, and I'd say my favorite out of all the games would have to be emerald. Now I know that even if the remake R/S they wouldn't remake emerald, and that emerald is way different than R/S, but I just think the Hoenn region just has the most variety. On one side you have a volcano and ashes that you can collect to make items, and on the other side you have a vast ocean and underwater cities. It was also the first series of games to have the story based on one or two or three legendray Pokemon, and I think that with all of that being said, Hoenn just has this special charm that hit me like none of the other regions had, and the games are just too significantly awesome to pass up remake wise. And even though I favor this region the most out of them all, I still think they'll eventually roll out with remakes of Sinnoh, Unova, and whatever other regions that may come in the future.
    Last edited by cpb101; 07-11-2011 at 09:28 AM.

Blood Moon Yue Ookami has a reputation beyond repute Yue Ookami has a reputation beyond repute Yue Ookami has a reputation beyond repute Yue Ookami has a reputation beyond repute Yue Ookami has a reputation beyond repute Yue Ookami has a reputation beyond repute Yue Ookami has a reputation beyond repute Yue Ookami has a reputation beyond repute Yue Ookami has a reputation beyond repute Yue Ookami has a reputation beyond repute Yue Ookami has a reputation beyond repute Yue Ookami's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-25-2011 04:04 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Gjallarhorn View Post
    The reason R/B and G/S were remade was to make them compatible with Gen 3(R/S) and Gen 4(D/P). Since R/S is already compatible with all of the games, there's no reason for them to be remade. Not to mention Gen 3 was by far the least popular, and has received substantial criticism; there wouldn't be a lot of profit in remaking them.
    Ok so let me explain here. You're right. There really is no reason to remake them. But then again, there really was no reason to remake Gold and Silver either. We were able to get all the old Pokemon after Pokemon XD and FireRed and LafGreen were released. So why remake Gold and Silver? The fans. Just about EVERYONE out there LOVED Gold and Silver. So of course, remakes were needed. Ruby and Sapphire has ALOT more fans than everyone thinks. I have alot of friends who play Pokemon and all of them loved Ruby and Sapphire. Right now we're all running through it again in hopes that there are going to be remakes. I really hope there are too. So like i said, there really is no reason to remake them, true. But alot of people are expecting them. Alot more than everyone seems to think.

Junior Member Morgan R Lockhart is on a distinguished road Morgan R Lockhart's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-01-2011 12:17 AM
    Threads

I think that they will most definitely make remakes of R and S, the Hoenn region was by far the most challenging of the games so far, with the regi's and the number of pokémon requiring special evolution. also this was the company's chance to experiment because of the new platform moving from gb and gbc. the hints in hg and ss also lead on to show that there will be a sequel. lastly the good thing about hg and ss was that they put kanto and jhoto into one game which deleted the need for them to make another remake of red and blue by themselves. technically red and blue have already been remade 3 times, the origional gold and silver, fr and lg and then again in hg and ss.

sadly i fear that if they do remake r and s, it will be strictly for the 3ds but will somehow be backwards compatible with the ds versions (hg,ss,pe,d,pl,bl,wh)

i personally loved the hoenn region and it was my favorite of all so far.

Junior Member megaman6557 is on a distinguished road megaman6557's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-24-2011 03:57 PM
    Threads

why would they they had remakes for trading and the wi fi adaptor makes it easy to trad with ds and dsi

Junior Member Nanus5000 is on a distinguished road Nanus5000's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-06-2013 10:16 AM
    Threads

I believe they will be making a remake of R/S/E because they Game Freak are trying to keep up with the 3DS.So far they have only have the Mystery Dungeon game and R/S/E.

when we lose our principles, we invite chaos. Circuitry has a brilliant future Circuitry has a brilliant future Circuitry has a brilliant future Circuitry has a brilliant future Circuitry has a brilliant future Circuitry has a brilliant future Circuitry has a brilliant future Circuitry has a brilliant future Circuitry has a brilliant future Circuitry has a brilliant future Circuitry has a brilliant future Circuitry's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Rainbow Ribbon Decepticons 104 - Cubone
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-04-2020 03:36 PM
    Threads

I really look forward to buying the Ruby and Sapphire remakes, if they're made. I think remaking these games would be a good idea, especially for Pokemon fans who absolutely love Hoenn. The remakes could possibly give the Hoenn region and its Pokemon more recognition, too.

// remember the future.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information