AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The real-action Death Note movies

Senior Member Lord has a reputation beyond repute Lord has a reputation beyond repute Lord has a reputation beyond repute Lord has a reputation beyond repute Lord has a reputation beyond repute Lord has a reputation beyond repute Lord has a reputation beyond repute Lord has a reputation beyond repute Lord has a reputation beyond repute Lord has a reputation beyond repute Lord has a reputation beyond repute Lord's Avatar
    Gil
    Cloud_9
    Gifts One Piece Mugiwara Guitar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-12-2012 10:32 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: caelestis-_-

Default The real-action Death Note movies

What do you think of the movies? Personally I didn't like them at all. If someone makes the decision to watch the movies before they see the anime/manga they will see something terrible.

Member Ciel_Phantomhive28 is on a distinguished road Ciel_Phantomhive28's Avatar
    Gil
    Mellow
    Gifts 133 - Eevee 175 - Togepi 151 - Mew
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-03-2011 12:30 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Re: The real-action Death Note movies

True they did leave a lot and I do mean a lot of important things out of those movies but then again that is what usually happens when they try to turn anime into live action but the actors and actresses they chose were not bad and the person that played L pretty much had him down packed. So it had its pros and cons.

Credit fot this wonder signature goes to ::SomeOtherCookiez::

3. Likes saya458 liked this post
    Junior Member Erika. is on a distinguished road Erika.'s Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-04-2010 04:56 AM
    Threads

I only have watched the first movie and well I didn't think it was bad but it wasn't good either. Though I like tatsuya fujiwara there haha

Senior Member Full Metal SHORTY!!! has a reputation beyond repute Full Metal SHORTY!!! has a reputation beyond repute Full Metal SHORTY!!! has a reputation beyond repute Full Metal SHORTY!!! has a reputation beyond repute Full Metal SHORTY!!! has a reputation beyond repute Full Metal SHORTY!!! has a reputation beyond repute Full Metal SHORTY!!! has a reputation beyond repute Full Metal SHORTY!!! has a reputation beyond repute Full Metal SHORTY!!! has a reputation beyond repute Full Metal SHORTY!!! has a reputation beyond repute Full Metal SHORTY!!! has a reputation beyond repute Full Metal SHORTY!!!'s Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Flowers Fan2 Violin Bleach Ichigo Mask
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-09-2011 03:52 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I enjoyed the movies a lot. It may have been a bit weird if you watched the live action movies before reading or watching the manga or anime.

I think they did a pretty good job on the movies. At some points the acting was a bit dodgy, but it was overall very good.

I may be tall, but I'm short at heart XD
    私は鋼の錬金術師を愛して
    エドワードエルリック

6. Likes saya458, Gonzzi liked this post
    Junior Member キラー is on a distinguished road キラー's Avatar
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-27-2011 12:10 PM
    Threads

I watched 15 minutes of the first one and i was like wraaaaaaaaaaaaaaagggggggggghhhhhh why do they scruw death note up?
    It didnt make sence at all and i had readed (wtf how to say that?) on youtube l defeats light?
    OMG! The opposite from what really happends...
    And the third movie i dunno didnt seen it but ill pass :P

Senior Member YuriEcchiGirl has a reputation beyond repute YuriEcchiGirl has a reputation beyond repute YuriEcchiGirl has a reputation beyond repute YuriEcchiGirl has a reputation beyond repute YuriEcchiGirl has a reputation beyond repute YuriEcchiGirl has a reputation beyond repute YuriEcchiGirl has a reputation beyond repute YuriEcchiGirl has a reputation beyond repute YuriEcchiGirl has a reputation beyond repute YuriEcchiGirl has a reputation beyond repute YuriEcchiGirl has a reputation beyond repute YuriEcchiGirl's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-11-2011 04:49 AM
    Threads

I thought the first 2 movies were awesome, but L Change The World wasn't as good IMO ^^

Senior Member Darkhallows has much to be proud of Darkhallows has much to be proud of Darkhallows has much to be proud of Darkhallows has much to be proud of Darkhallows has much to be proud of Darkhallows has much to be proud of Darkhallows has much to be proud of Darkhallows has much to be proud of Darkhallows has much to be proud of Darkhallows has much to be proud of Darkhallows's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-11-2012 12:51 AM
    Threads

I didn't really like the first movie, but the second and L:Change the world were alright.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

Junior Member abkillorlando is on a distinguished road abkillorlando's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-13-2012 02:41 PM
    Threads

I thought most of the live action movies were really bad due to the fact that they changed Rem and Ryuks voices when dubbed. And then there was the fact of them not sticking to the story closely. I mean i realize that they couldn't stick to it completely because of the time length that they were given but they could have at least stuck to it a little.

Senior Member threewolves has a reputation beyond repute threewolves has a reputation beyond repute threewolves has a reputation beyond repute threewolves has a reputation beyond repute threewolves has a reputation beyond repute threewolves has a reputation beyond repute threewolves has a reputation beyond repute threewolves has a reputation beyond repute threewolves has a reputation beyond repute threewolves has a reputation beyond repute threewolves has a reputation beyond repute threewolves's Avatar
    Gil
    Relaxed
    Gifts Wolf
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-12-2013 11:23 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: W0LF1NN PSN ID: G0pherG0d

I liked the movies, but I havent watched the animes yet, so that has helped. Will watch the animes eventually, its up there on my list to watch.

Junior Member Riia-chan is on a distinguished road Riia-chan's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-13-2013 02:25 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: FrauleinBlitz PSN ID: RAWKLING666 Steam ID: featherstick2098

I did enjoy the films, but I was pretty annoyed as the plot lines were completely different to the anime, and loads of important characters were missed out. But they were ok, I cried at them :')

Also the songs Dani California and Snow are ruined for me, as I link them with certain deaths now.

Back To Business ~> Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Gifts One Piece Flag Soul Eater Shinigami-sama Naruto Sharingan
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-26-2012 02:33 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I just love Death Note's anime, one of my favourites, finished it a couple of days ago
    But haven't watched any of its movies so far, I should do it then?

"I never think of the future. It comes soon enough."
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."
    "Great spirits have often encountered violent opposition from weak minds."
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    "I want to know God's thoughts; the rest are details."
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge."

Junior Member Mietso is on a distinguished road Mietso's Avatar
    Gil
    Depressed
    Gifts Bamboo Cup
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-04-2013 11:55 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Mietso

I have mixed feelings on them. I thought they were well done and had good actors for the main roles, but it upset me that halfway through the first movie, they basically said screw the original plot/anime plot and changed it a bunch. Same with the second movie. Was so disappointed in how they ended it. And, imo, they didn't show how intelligent L and Light truly were as in the anime. And then L:Change the World...good actor for the role, but they made him too human. One thing i loved about him in the anime is that he was so lacking in emotion and many things that humans identify with. He was almost like a living computer for the police. They made him a mentor almost for Near, who in himself was a disappointment for the film because he was basically an ordinary kid just gifted with math. A basically normal Near, no Mello, sub intelligent L and Light, and plots not too accurate with the animes. Good watch, but upsetting if you were hoping for them to follow the lines of the anime/manga.

Proud Fangirl Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime has a reputation beyond repute Jasanime's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheerful
    Gifts Moon Crescent Wand Wine Kangaroo
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-16-2014 05:23 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I hated that Misa was a brunette.

AFs Cutest Jozette has a reputation beyond repute Jozette has a reputation beyond repute Jozette has a reputation beyond repute Jozette has a reputation beyond repute Jozette has a reputation beyond repute Jozette has a reputation beyond repute Jozette has a reputation beyond repute Jozette has a reputation beyond repute Jozette has a reputation beyond repute Jozette has a reputation beyond repute Jozette has a reputation beyond repute Jozette's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    210 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-21-2014 01:31 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Ryuk.....Why.
    hella

Member petitefeet is on a distinguished road petitefeet's Avatar
    Gil
    Sleepy
    Gifts Tori Gate Red Stapler
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-07-2013 10:07 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: petitefeet79

For pure entertainment value I enjoyed them.

Usually when I go into a movie that is either based off of a book or is a live action version of an anime, I know that I shouldn't expect it to be one hundred percent accurate. I went into these movies with the same mindset.

I did think they got cheesy in a few parts, and I was a little irritated with the acting in other places, but overall I thought they are pretty darn good.

Junior Member Gonzzi is a splendid one to behold Gonzzi is a splendid one to behold Gonzzi is a splendid one to behold Gonzzi is a splendid one to behold Gonzzi is a splendid one to behold Gonzzi is a splendid one to behold Gonzzi is a splendid one to behold Gonzzi's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-30-2013 11:26 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: darbyl242

I'm a proud owner of both of those movies, I thought they were pretty good for leaving some stuff out, the casting was well done and made the characters seem like they could actually exist without going over the top. The little romance between Light and his girlfriend seemed necessary to show Light's true being, I can't say more than that without spoiling anything for anyone who hasn't seen it.

Senior Member Splitzle has a reputation beyond repute Splitzle has a reputation beyond repute Splitzle has a reputation beyond repute Splitzle has a reputation beyond repute Splitzle has a reputation beyond repute Splitzle has a reputation beyond repute Splitzle has a reputation beyond repute Splitzle has a reputation beyond repute Splitzle has a reputation beyond repute Splitzle has a reputation beyond repute Splitzle has a reputation beyond repute Splitzle's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-12-2014 05:19 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Splitzle01 Steam ID: Splitzle

I think they were decent for an anime live-action movie. Usually when animes are turned into a live action, they suck.
    i'm just too awesome for a signature.

Member Hinterlandis is on a distinguished road Hinterlandis's Avatar
    Gil
    Breezy
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-04-2014 11:12 PM
    Threads

They were interesting to say the least, I honestly didn't know what to expect. I didn't like them, I didn't hate them. The guy that played L did a fantastic job though... If L were a real person, that would have been him.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information