AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lack of love story

Member SophiaFrmAustria has a spectacular aura about SophiaFrmAustria has a spectacular aura about SophiaFrmAustria's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-15-2010 02:29 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Sophiafrmaustria

Default Lack of love story

Does it bother anyone that bleach has diverged from a character developing anime into an all out dragon ball z type show?

In the first 2 arcs there was a possibility of love between Rukia and Ichigo with a sufficient amount of action on the side. When she gets captured and the quest to take her back began...I will admit I was hooked and spent day and night trying to plow through episodes to see what happens.

When Ichigo and Rukia finally reunite...it was cool, but not the heartfelt event I was hoping for...as the arcs progress, ichigos and rukias relationship are not even mentioned anymore and it has made me lose interest ever since although I still watch the anime.

The Beat of the Rain Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts PPG Buttercup Razor Spinning Beach Ball Doom
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-01-2014 11:30 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Default Re: Lack of love story

Bleach was always a DBZ type series.

It's an action/battle series targeted published in Jump and targeted at younger teenage boys. It knows its target audience, and it has absolutely no reason to have any sort of romantic side to it.

"The color fades along the intervals I follow."

Member SophiaFrmAustria has a spectacular aura about SophiaFrmAustria has a spectacular aura about SophiaFrmAustria's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

You are missing the point of my post...yes it is a "dbz type" show but that doesnt mean it has to be fighting non stop..I think a lot of ppl were drawn into the anime from ichigos and rukias relationship.

Geek of Games GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks's Avatar
    Gil
    Paranoid
    Gifts Jade Disc Cookie Cookie
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-29-2014 08:34 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: GameGeeks

DBZ sells, DBZ sells well. The formula allows for an insane amount of episodes which rakes in money. And as far as I can tell it never had romance. It hinted at it but that's all it ever was. Even that is barely there.

The Beat of the Rain Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts PPG Buttercup Razor Spinning Beach Ball Doom
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-01-2014 11:30 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by SophiaFrmAustria View Post
    You are missing the point of my post...yes it is a "dbz type" show but that doesnt mean it has to be fighting non stop..I think a lot of ppl were drawn into the anime from ichigos and rukias relationship.
    Yes, but that doesn't change the fact that the author intended to make a battle series for 13 year old boys, to be published in a young boys' manga magazine. To 13 year old boys reading something for the angst and action of it all, violence is off-putting. He (and his editors) are simply targeting their audience.

As I said before, there is nothing about Bleach that warrants a love story.

"The color fades along the intervals I follow."

Senior Member Lord has a reputation beyond repute Lord has a reputation beyond repute Lord has a reputation beyond repute Lord has a reputation beyond repute Lord has a reputation beyond repute Lord has a reputation beyond repute Lord has a reputation beyond repute Lord has a reputation beyond repute Lord has a reputation beyond repute Lord has a reputation beyond repute Lord has a reputation beyond repute Lord's Avatar
    Gil
    Cloud_9
    Gifts One Piece Mugiwara Guitar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-12-2012 10:32 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: caelestis-_-

When I started my journey with Bleach I thought it was one of the best anime i've ever seen, and that was a long time ago. Now I don't feel the same vibe from bleach as before. I have never even felt a romantic vibe from bleach, probably never will either. But I wonder how Tite Kubo is going to accomplish the ending of bleach.

Geek of Games GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks's Avatar
    Gil
    Paranoid
    Gifts Jade Disc Cookie Cookie
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-29-2014 08:34 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: GameGeeks

It'll end with Ichigo being the most powerful being in the universe. That's really the only outcome that happens in shows like DBZ and Bleach. No one ever dies, ok technically they do but you know what I mean. No one ever dies who doesn't come back.

Junior Member ThaLioN is on a distinguished road ThaLioN's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-31-2010 02:28 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ThaLioN987 XFIRE ID: thalion987 Steam ID: thalion987

i miss the funnier parts and the almost romance
    now its always fight fight fight

(btw why does ichigo have only one attack its stupid)
    Last edited by Cless Alvein; 08-13-2010 at 07:12 AM.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

lol yeah his tetsuga whatever gets old after the first 46 times

Bread's Best Friend Mayonnaise-Senpai has a reputation beyond repute Mayonnaise-Senpai has a reputation beyond repute Mayonnaise-Senpai has a reputation beyond repute Mayonnaise-Senpai has a reputation beyond repute Mayonnaise-Senpai has a reputation beyond repute Mayonnaise-Senpai has a reputation beyond repute Mayonnaise-Senpai has a reputation beyond repute Mayonnaise-Senpai has a reputation beyond repute Mayonnaise-Senpai has a reputation beyond repute Mayonnaise-Senpai has a reputation beyond repute Mayonnaise-Senpai has a reputation beyond repute Mayonnaise-Senpai's Avatar
    Gil
    In Love
    Gifts 004 - Charmander
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-24-2010 02:12 PM
    Threads

I agree. the beginning felt kinda like a strong friendship and/or relationship with Rukia and Ichigo... and yes, as the story did grow, so did the fighting. I guess thats how Tite is making his money. Bleach isn't for everyone I guess.
    "Up is Down"

Senior Member Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-29-2011 09:04 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: KCEB91

I actually remember reading an interview that was in Shonen Jump. Tite Kubo said "I don't want to make Bleach into a love story because there are much more exciting things about their personalities and things that they can do instead of getting into the romance aspect of their relationships."
    So there isnt any intention of making them a couple. At least for now.
    Last edited by Gizoku; 09-18-2010 at 05:34 PM.
    Derp.

Senior Member Saxima has a reputation beyond repute Saxima has a reputation beyond repute Saxima has a reputation beyond repute Saxima has a reputation beyond repute Saxima has a reputation beyond repute Saxima has a reputation beyond repute Saxima has a reputation beyond repute Saxima has a reputation beyond repute Saxima has a reputation beyond repute Saxima has a reputation beyond repute Saxima has a reputation beyond repute Saxima's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-15-2012 01:51 AM
    Most likely some where eating an orange or drinking Dr Pepper.
    Threads
    Blog Entries

DBZ is good on its own, it doesn't need a form of love going on in it. The action is enough to keep it going. Same concept with Bleach. They don't need a love story, it'll just ruin it. Romance, unless it's a romance type anime, always ruins the show. At least to me it does.

The point is, that on their own, they're good anime.

Yoko Littner Fan Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio's Avatar
    Gil
    My Mood
    Where
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-26-2014 08:43 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

The world is ending and Ichigo won't even take the time to compliment Orihime on the hair she spend days fixing up for him. It's misogyny at its worst.

Little Green Miko Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome's Avatar
    Gil
    Asleep
    Gifts Pluto Garnet Orb Be Mine Flowers Fan2
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-06-2014 03:03 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: KagomeHime PSN ID: KagomeMiko

Although there *could* be possibilities for romance in Bleach, I for one *never* saw it as a series that would have it at *all.* I think that in truth, any true romantic flings would probably take away from the gears of the story. What little of it is left...

However-I also agree that the halt on character development was a bad idea. Endless page after page after page, scene after scene battles and fighting does get mind numbingly boring and dull. That's why I could never get into DBZ. It took an entire three episodes just to finish one faaaaaar too long battle with one guy. I was rather disenheartened when Bleach started to do that too...But being a good sameritan I kept reading it, and will keep reading till it ends.

EDIT: Never mind about the little left bit...it's Over. o.o The last chapter was posted today. And it was anti-climatic too..._-_
    Last edited by Kagome; 10-07-2010 at 02:08 PM.
    How'd You Like That On Your Lawn?!
    "I may be empty, but I'm not worthless!"

...Clear...

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information