AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Want some help/opinions

Junior Member xMEx is on a distinguished road xMEx's Avatar
    Gil
    Talkative
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-25-2010 03:27 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Want some help/opinions

I was just thinking about making an amv for Neon Genesis Evangelion and I wanted some opinions on my ideas and I would like a little help* too.

I have two choices for the song but please throw some songs in the box I am open to any ideas.

+ YouTube Video
    ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

+ YouTube Video
    ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Those are the song I have been thinking about but please tell me some other songs.

Now the part I need help with I need the movie End of Evangelion file to download raw jap and any episodes too if anyone has got it and the person will be thanked at the end of the vid by their username up here or something else specified by the user.

Please throw me alot of ideas and one thing I want to make an original amv not one that is a knock-off of someones else's on youtube.

And tell me honest opinions not too negative ("that **** is gay " ect.) but a good one please.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by xMEx; 07-24-2010 at 06:28 PM.

Senior Member Desulishor has a reputation beyond repute Desulishor has a reputation beyond repute Desulishor has a reputation beyond repute Desulishor has a reputation beyond repute Desulishor has a reputation beyond repute Desulishor has a reputation beyond repute Desulishor has a reputation beyond repute Desulishor has a reputation beyond repute Desulishor has a reputation beyond repute Desulishor has a reputation beyond repute Desulishor has a reputation beyond repute Desulishor's Avatar
    Gil
    In Love
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-29-2010 02:28 AM
    Finland, land of santa claus and good dental care.
    Threads

Default Re: Want some help/opinions

imo, the two songs you have suggested have very different worlds of sound in them. It's about what you want to capture from evangelion, the 1st being for the emotional parts and the atmosphere of the world within EVA, while the 2nd one should be used to describe the action, in most cases meanin unit 01 looking like the monster it is. While choosing the song is your choice in the end, there's one song in particular that i'd like to see in a EVA amv. the lyrics themselves have nothin to do with the series, but Arch Enemy's Mechanic God Creation is so nicely named and the atmosphere in the song is terrifying in the right way. Definitely a song for unit 01. In any case, unless you dunno what to capture, it's not gonna work. AMV's are not just clips with music, they have to have a message to send and preferably some synced parts. (IE, first song in the hold me baby-section, physical contact on video.) I know the series quite well and i have my own opinions about it, so once you have your own idea about the amv, i can give you some help again.

I shouldn't be saying this, but you can prolly just find the eps u need on torrent sites. google "torrent tracker" or something, and search for the things you need. They are on the web, so The accident has already happened, imo.
    We are Pop Candy, very happy! ^--^

Junior Member xMEx is on a distinguished road xMEx's Avatar
    Gil
    Talkative
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-25-2010 03:27 PM
    Threads

I like your idea about having a message with the amv but i am not good at syncing screamo but i would not mind trying it later on but i will need your help with that (different song type) but would you like to help me out with giving me ideas and stuff with this song I kind of find it a good idea to show this song because it has a insane side and a fighting side.

Please I am very open to suggestion on clips to use how to use them this is an essential test amv.

**all credit will go in the vid in the credits and ill use your username on animeforum unless specified**
    Last edited by xMEx; 07-25-2010 at 03:29 PM.

Senior Member Desulishor has a reputation beyond repute Desulishor has a reputation beyond repute Desulishor has a reputation beyond repute Desulishor has a reputation beyond repute Desulishor has a reputation beyond repute Desulishor has a reputation beyond repute Desulishor has a reputation beyond repute Desulishor has a reputation beyond repute Desulishor has a reputation beyond repute Desulishor has a reputation beyond repute Desulishor has a reputation beyond repute Desulishor's Avatar
    Gil
    In Love
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-29-2010 02:28 AM
    Finland, land of santa claus and good dental care.
    Threads

hmm. Mind you, i have never made an amv myself so the technical side is no-no for me either. about the song anyways. Haven't watched eva for a long time, so my memory about what is where in episode numbers is foggy.
    at the start, it's slow, so the images have to be "slow" too, building up tension: perhaps showing parts of an eva, like leg, hand and such and the either the face or whole unit is shown when the real music starts. (I'd use several one-frame clips stopped, shows one pic, then screen goes dark and another pic comes up. U might have to take em from all around the series, or even cut the part of the pic you want yourself, just still images anyway) The drum parts in the beginning can be used by making still frames of shocking footage (unit 01 eating 10th angel, for an example) flip fast, showing image after image. the 2nd video in first post does this right in the beginning too. The guitar part right after it needs a short video feed of something that moves slowly on the screen and comes across as mighty and terrifying. Meh, I could go on forever. but really, watch the footage you want to put in your amv, listen each part of the song with thought and you'll start seeing the visuals inside your head like this. If I kept going, I could probably fill a whole a video, but then it wouldn't be you, just my thoughts voiced trough some1 else.
    Last edited by Desulishor; 07-26-2010 at 12:51 AM.
    We are Pop Candy, very happy! ^--^

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information